Home The Bridge
Options

Most Wanted: Ships and Crew

Comments

• Options
    Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Having read through this entire thread, I’ve compiled a selection of my favourite ships from players suggestions that I’d like to see added in time to come.
    sogzz2262zye.jpg

Joined game 6th March 2016
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    LCARS of Starfleet Vessels for consideration.
    zi1kr8uq18dq.jpeg
    bsshwvmhnatw.jpeg
    bs8251ef17e3.jpeg
    io16yopp92n2.jpeg
    ghauef2d37wq.jpeg
    ncn7cfatvcgk.jpeg
    txy86q8y9gk7.jpeg
    p92h4ukyvcdk.jpeg
    iwyehdb813uv.jpeg
    ux9oh98hyrp3.jpeg
    bykifgv16mh3.jpeg
    pdhwmz7tmdvx.jpeg
    rnc6sznvevzn.jpeg
    eewhr95ien7q.jpeg
    m4climobxtym.jpeg
    t8lrnt8oox0l.jpeg
    8y70avy9hil1.jpeg
    fxyfesyr8mwg.jpeg
    u683nl3uin73.jpeg
    kfsi467ebndk.jpeg
    ma362hvfvcve.jpeg
    wezpunkq5zix.jpeg
    z1uhvj8fl5pm.jpeg
    3lctgm4gyk4w.jpeg
    sn16e0kyxvoe.jpeg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    LCARS of Starfleet ships already added to the game.
    rga8trapm32g.jpeg
    dont319mdb5d.jpeg
    nvbedxjespi1.jpeg
    llnpbf3b2zm1.jpeg
    qzp0ikk7c7u3.jpeg
    miybvth5ooz0.jpeg
    pttwdb55ax7r.jpeg
    cpfbctlcnjj7.jpeg
    v3dkkh27vuoz.jpeg
    93rohmoa3v6j.jpeg
    mfbcis4kvhkq.jpeg
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    LCARS of Starfleet Vessels for consideration.
    eewhr95ien7q.jpeg
    bsshwvmhnatw.jpeg
    v3dkkh27vuoz.jpeg
    ncn7cfatvcgk.jpeg
    zi1kr8uq18dq.jpeg
    rnc6sznvevzn.jpeg
    t8lrnt8oox0l.jpeg
    kfsi467ebndk.jpeg
    8y70avy9hil1.jpeg
    ghauef2d37wq.jpeg
    ma362hvfvcve.jpeg
    mfbcis4kvhkq.jpeg
    p92h4ukyvcdk.jpeg
    ux9oh98hyrp3.jpeg
    txy86q8y9gk7.jpeg
    pdhwmz7tmdvx.jpeg
    bs8251ef17e3.jpeg
    u683nl3uin73.jpeg
    3lctgm4gyk4w.jpeg
    wezpunkq5zix.jpeg
    m4climobxtym.jpeg
    fxyfesyr8mwg.jpeg
    io16yopp92n2.jpeg
    93rohmoa3v6j.jpeg
    bykifgv16mh3.jpeg
    z1uhvj8fl5pm.jpeg
    sn16e0kyxvoe.jpeg
    iwyehdb813uv.jpeg

FYI -- The Nova class is already in the game. I'd be all for adding any/all of the rest you posted here.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    FYI -- The Nova class is already in the game. I'd be all for adding any/all of the rest you posted here.

You know, you’re right, how clumsy of me. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    My personal wishlist for new crew would be:

Main Characters:

Race Suit Torres (4 or 5 star)
    Prisoner Tom Paris - from the first episode (could be a 2 star)
    Civilian Disguise Paris (4 star)
    EV Suit Tuvok (4 star)
    Alternate Future Rom - in a Starfleet uniform
    Maco Uniform Mayweather
    TNG Miles O'brien
    Dress Uniform Kirk
    Captain Spock
    Admiral McCoy

Guest Characters
    Ikat'ika - he needs to be in - would be perfect for this mega event (5 star)
    Omet'iklan
    Garth of Izar (5 star)
    Valkris - you know her - she was blown up in Star Trek III (2 or 3 star)
    Ba'el - could be a cool trait mix of Klingon and Romulan (2 star)
    Azetbur - a female chancellor needs to be in(5 star)
    Ch'Rega (2 or 3 star)
    General Korok - assimilated (4 star)
    Commander Kashyk - that Devore guy (4 star)
    Commander Toreth (4 star)
    Captain Keogh - Commander of the USS Odysse (5 star)
    Civil war Q (5 star - of course - he is Q!)
    Chancellor Martok (5 star)
    Commander Shelby
  • Options
    My personal wishlist for new crew would be:

Main Characters:

Race Suit Torres (4 or 5 star)
    Prisoner Tom Paris - from the first episode (could be a 2 star)
    Civilian Disguise Paris (4 star)
    EV Suit Tuvok (4 star)
    Alternate Future Rom - in a Starfleet uniform
    Maco Uniform Mayweather
    TNG Miles O'brien
    Dress Uniform Kirk
    Captain Spock
    Admiral McCoy

Guest Characters
    Ikat'ika - he needs to be in - would be perfect for this mega event (5 star)
    Omet'iklan
    Garth of Izar (5 star)
    Valkris - you know her - she was blown up in Star Trek III (2 or 3 star)
    Ba'el - could be a cool trait mix of Klingon and Romulan (2 star)
    Azetbur - a female chancellor needs to be in(5 star)
    Ch'Rega (2 or 3 star)
    General Korok - assimilated (4 star)
    Commander Kashyk - that Devore guy (4 star)
    Commander Toreth (4 star)
    Captain Keogh - Commander of the USS Odysse (5 star)
    Civil war Q (5 star - of course - he is Q!)
    Chancellor Martok (5 star)
    Commander Shelby

I love almost this entire list. A few suggestions:

Make Prisoner Paris a 1* -- that would make a version of him available at every rarity
    Make Captain Keogh a 4* -- the Odyssey got crushed by the Dominion, so he doesn't strike me as worthy of the fifth *. Maybe if they ever re-run that captains event (that also featured Captain Sulu), he could replace Captain Harriman of the Enterprise-B.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Having read through this entire thread, I’ve compiled a selection of my favourite ships from players suggestions that I’d like to see added in time to come.
    h7u1yhsnaamu.jpeg

With the
    Jem'Hadar Flagship
    being added to the game next week I’ve updated my ship suggestions.au2b655di3ui.jpeg
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one mentioned these in here. These would be just cool to own if DB did the art right and they wouldn't really be useful in game play but...

Nazi Kirk and Spock, but with the way things are going these days maybe not too cool. Might offend someone.
    xr8iskq5djsa.jpg

Spock from "This Side Of Paradise" With that big grin on his face hangin from the tree, Classic!
    3d2w625by0ae.png
    ftkwkae0ds6c.jpg

And of course let's not forget this guy:
    eovhkb334q23.jpg
    Finnegan!

• Options
    I forgot to mention in last post.
    Time ships from Voyager:

U.S.S. Relativity
    8qveu9f1ko63.gif

Krenim Temporal Warship
    r1rvovz00ztd.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2018
    xcbaq4p9ieo4.jpeg
    aygy1nzr16ib.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    ob6x9ucmjnka.jpeg
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one mentioned these in here. These would be just cool to own if DB did the art right and they wouldn't really be useful in game play but...

Nazi Kirk and Spock, but with the way things are going these days maybe not too cool. Might offend someone.
    xr8iskq5djsa.jpg

Until earlier this month, featuring Nazi imagery in a video game would've made the game illegal in Germany. And while the law has changed, I feel like maybe this is one area DB should definitely stick away from. Sort of the same way that we'll probably never get Decker from TMP - sure he was a great character and had a nice moment in the film, but the real world implications today don't make his inclusion worthwhile IMO.
  • Options
    I've got one more after reading about non-canons. We've only heard the DS9 crew talk about this guy but never seen him.
    This would be killer, so I challenge the DB artists since no one has ever drawn this character. Captain Boday the Gallamite with the transparent skull. memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Boday
    I looked on Google and only found this pict but it's pretty weak, looks like Geordi as the Invisible man. But I think it was just a display for his visor.
    ke9wonlaz0qq.jpg
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

xr8iskq5djsa.jpg

Until earlier this month, featuring Nazi imagery in a video game would've made the game illegal in Germany. And while the law has changed, I feel like maybe this is one area DB should definitely stick away from. Sort of the same way that we'll probably never get Decker from TMP - sure he was a great character and had a nice moment in the film, but the real world implications today don't make his inclusion worthwhile IMO.

They could draw the characters but not include the swastikas, or does that mean the likeness of the uniform as well?
    The title could be "Fascist".
    BTW, what's the deal with Decker from TMP? Don't get it.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

xr8iskq5djsa.jpg

They could do Kirk and/or Spock from Patterns of Force much as they did Colonel Karr: in a gray uniform but without any of the Nazi symbols.

xr8iskq5djsa.jpg

They could draw the characters but not include the swastikas, or does that mean the likeness of the uniform as well?
    The title could be "Fascist".
    BTW, what's the deal with Decker from TMP? Don't get it.

Stephen Collins, who played Captain Will Decker, admitted in 2014 to sexual contact with multiple minors over the course of roughly 20 years starting in the 1970s. Any royalties paid for his likeness would go directly into the bank account of an avowed child abuser...that doesn’t sit well with many people. I can’t see DB wanting to take the kind of heat that would result from dealing with him.

On a lighter note, why is DB holding out on Commodore Decker? If it is a matter of getting William Windom’s rights, DB should feel comfortable paying his family more than the usual amount because I feel a lot of people will go ape-doody to get him (I am one of these).
  • Options
    On a lighter note, why is DB holding out on Commodore Decker? If it is a matter of getting William Windom’s rights, DB should feel comfortable paying his family more than the usual amount because I feel a lot of people will go ape-doody to get him (I am one of these).

Hear! Hear!
  • Options
    I, too, want to see Lieutenant M'Ress added as crew. While it's listed on the main page, it's mistakenly listed under TOS, while it should be listed as TAS (The Animated Series).
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    The current snowflake politics in today’s society shouldn’t dictate what content is shown in games if the game is depicting content from the Star Trek franchise.
    Star Trek has always been a very liberal entity & if the writers were ok to dress Kirk & Spock in Nazi uniforms on the show back then, then I’d see no reason why they couldn’t be displayed today.
    But if it is an issue to some who maybe offended & missed the overall message from the show then yes by all means hide the fact they appear to be Nazi soldiers like the did with Colonel Karr.
    724yazferxaa.png
  • Options
    The current snowflake politics in today’s society shouldn’t dictate what content is shown in games if the game is depicting content from the Star Trek franchise.
    Star Trek has always been a very liberal entity & if the writers were ok to dress Kirk & Spock in Nazi uniforms on the show back then, then I’d see no reason why they couldn’t be displayed today.
    But if it is an issue to some who maybe offended & missed the overall message from the show then yes by all means hide the fact they appear to be Nazi soldiers like the did with Colonel Karr.
    724yazferxaa.png

In this instance it’s not about snowflakes, it was a law in Germany that stood for decades that would likely have meant the game being taken down entirely in that country. Even with the law having recently been changed, it may be best to follow the precedent set by Colonel Karr’s artwork anyway...anyone who has seen the episode knows exactly what the art refers to and shouldn’t themselves be triggered over the changes.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    In this instance it’s not about snowflakes, it was a law in Germany that stood for decades that would likely have meant the game being taken down entirely in that country. Even with the law having recently been changed, it may be best to follow the precedent set by Colonel Karr’s artwork anyway...anyone who has seen the episode knows exactly what the art refers to and shouldn’t themselves be triggered over the changes.

Comment moderated. ˜Shan
    It will never be forgotten or brushed under the carpet so they might as well just learn to live with it.
    Surely Germany’s purchase spending in STT is minimal enough to not be missed & go ahead & show the world how petty they are if they did block the game there for Nazi Kirk & Spock. I’m quite sure players will just crack on by means of a VPN anyway so no harm no foul.
  • Options
    That's a disgusting comment and I hope its dealt with appropriately and swiftly.

Who exactly do you think is 'bitter and holding a grudge' if not you?!

BTW: You can call me a snowflake all you want, it'll just confirm my opinion of you.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder to keep on topic please, thanks. ˜Shan
  • Options
    I would like to see Captain Tryla Scott and Captain Walker Keel added to the game.
  • Options
    I would like to see Captain Tryla Scott and Captain Walker Keel added to the game.

Don’t forget Captain Rixx.
  • Options

Don’t forget Captain Rixx.

Those three would be fine, but if DB is looking for a new Starfleet captain to add to the game, I'd rather see Captain Silva La Forge.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    In September, please give us the Andorian Battlecruiser Kumari.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Jim Raynor wrote: »

Actually there was no law change. It's a bit more complicated.

In Germany it is forbidden to use/show symbols of unconstitutional organisations by the German Criminal Code §§ 86, 86a (English version of the law: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_stgb/englisch_stgb.html#p0868) since it was intended to ban these symbols out of the public at all after what happened during the NS-Regime while those symbols where everywhere in Germany.

But there is an execption for art, science, education etc. to show these kind of symbols. So it always has been allowed to show them in movies, documentaries, books for education, etc.
    (3) Subsection (1) above shall not apply if the propaganda materials or the act is meant to serve civil education, to avert unconstitutional movements, to promote art or science, research or teaching, the reporting about current or historical events or similar purposes.

There were two problems for video games. First they weren't considered as art like movies. Second there was a appeal court ruling in 1998 which banned Wolfenstein 3D in Germany for showing NS-symbols according to §§ 86, 86a German Criminal Code but the ruling didn't consider the exception at all, it just ignored it. The court ruling didn't state that games are not "art", it simply ignored the exception (probably in a legal error as the court ruling should have at least discussed the exception). But the ruling was never appealed to the highest German court but still was widely critized and considered as wrong, first because more and more people considered video games as art just as movies and second because of the legal flaw it has.

Last year a german comedian released a free Street Fighter like flash game in which a german right wing politician had a special move in which he looked like a Swastika. After a criminal complaint the Public Attorney's Office declined a preliminary investigation by public prosecution because they argued that the game doesn't violate §§ 86, 86a German Criminal Code because it was used in a video game which in their oppinion can be considered as art which started a major shift in the legal oppinion.

A few months later the german ESRB pendant (USK) stated that they will start to rate games with NS-symbols from now instead of their former complete refusal to rate such games. They will check if the game falls under the exception of the law. If yes, they will rate the game. If no (for example the game glamorizes the NS regime or it's main purpose is to propagandize, the game still won't get a rating).

If a publisher gets a rating for his game from the USK he can release the game in Germany without the fear of criminal prosecution. The old court ruling still hasn't been overruled and it is still possible that another court will still declare games with NS symbols as illegal (because the court doesn't consider them as art or thinks that they glamorize) but because of the rating the publisher can't be punised for it because he can excuse himself with good faith because he had the rating from the USK.

Complicated but I hope I was able to explain the situation over here :).

That helps clear things up very nicely, thanks! I imagine games with consistently new content like this one might live in a grey area unless they were to be re-rated at a later time, suggesting it may still be best to avoid such symbols on future crew.