Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Rule 125 (Re-run) -05/03

124»

Comments

• Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: From their size, it could still house some liquid metal, I suppose. From Memory Alpha: slip, the strip, the bar, and the brick

It could be that when they say the latinum is "inside" the gold it's kind of a layman's term, and it's more like the latinum is bonded with the gold on a molecular level - like merged together with a transporter or whatever.

(Doesn't Quark break an 'empty' brick open with his bare hands in the Morn episode? So maybe separating the latinum out again left the gold in a weakened state, because I'm pretty sure Ferengi aren't meant to be that strong.)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then Morn spits out the liquid latinum at the end.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, he beamed (or whatever tech does it) the latinum out of the gold - the latinum's restored to its natural liquid state with no ill-effects, since that's the important part, and maybe nobody ever bothered making the latinum-separating tech repair the 'damage' the process does to the gold's structure, because who cares, you can just make more gold. Like how you can beam a functioning Vulcan out of Tuvix, and you also get a leftover kitchen hedgehog.

(I haven't watched the episode in forever, but did the orchid also reappear when they beamed Tuvok and Neelix apart? Or was one of them just part-plant for the rest of the show?)
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Just realized that this will be Acting Nagus Brunt's fifth appearance in the rank rewards for an event, and the third time in 2018 ("The Galactic Series", "The Prime Directive 2", "Rule 125 2"). That's a lot of Brunt, DB.

Couldn't DB have mixed it up abit and used Dr. Reyga instead on this event.... 5 events of Brunt...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Yeah, he beamed (or whatever tech does it) the latinum out of the gold - the latinum's restored to its natural liquid state with no ill-effects, since that's the important part, and maybe nobody ever bothered making the latinum-separating tech repair the 'damage' the process does to the gold's structure, because who cares, you can just make more gold. Like how you can beam a functioning Vulcan out of Tuvix, and you also get a leftover kitchen hedgehog.

(I haven't watched the episode in forever, but did the orchid also reappear when they beamed Tuvok and Neelix apart? Or was one of them just part-plant for the rest of the show?)

No word on the orchid post separation. Also, there was one uniform Tuvix was wearing. Since it was a normal Starfleet uniform it was issued to him after the accident. Apparently isolating the Vulcan DNA from Tuvix also resulted in creating two Starfleet uniforms sized to fit both Tuvok and Neelix.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think regarding that time Morn was holding the liquid latinum in one of his stomachs - it's how he had been smuggling it or something. It was never actually in the "worthless" gold bricks.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Soooo.... based on feedback over the past few events about faction event missions not matching the stats of the event crew...

Of the 4 3 slot missions
    Mothball Fleet - ENG AND SEC, CMD AND ENG, ENG
    The Last Place you Look - DIP AND SEC, CMD AND ENG, ENG
    Safety Protocols - ENG AND SCI, CMD AND SEC, SEC
    Rule 286 - DIP AND SEC, SEC, DIP AND SEC

Thats
    7x SEC
    6x ENG
    3x CMD
    3x DIP
    1x SCI

When most of the crew are packing DIP AND CMD stats...

I'm guessing the feedback didn't make it back to the development team?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Soooo.... based on feedback over the past few events about faction event missions not matching the stats of the event crew...

Of the 4 3 slot missions

Thats
    7x SEC
    6x ENG
    3x CMD
    3x DIP
    1x SCI

Remember that this is a repeat event, from back when there were far less 4*/5* Ferengi than there are now. There seems to be a broad range of skills required, especially when you consider all 30 missions, which would make sense when there aren't a ton of event crew to draw from.

When you look at the 4-seat missions, especially for the S31 and Ferengi factions, there are more CMD/DIP/SEC seats than anything else, which seems to match up well for the likes of Ishka, Pel, Klingon Quark, Tourist Quark, Grand Proxy Neelix, and recurring mega event crew (ie: Cornwell, Picard, Kortar, T'Kuvma).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Of the 4 3 slot missions

Thats
    7x SEC
    6x ENG
    3x CMD
    3x DIP
    1x SCI

Remember that this is a repeat event, from back when there were far less 4*/5* Ferengi than there are now. There seems to be a broad range of skills required, especially when you consider all 30 missions, which would make sense when there aren't a ton of event crew to draw from.

When you look at the 4-seat missions, especially for the S31 and Ferengi factions, there are more CMD/DIP/SEC seats than anything else, which seems to match up well for the likes of Ishka, Pel, Klingon Quark, Tourist Quark, Grand Proxy Neelix, and recurring mega event crew (ie: Cornwell, Picard, Kortar, T'Kuvma).

I’m with you on this one. We would have something to complain about if it was all SCI and MED slots, like the one last month that was dominated by engineering and there were few to no commonly-owned bonus-having crew with that skill.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

Of the 4 3 slot missions

Thats
    7x SEC
    6x ENG
    3x CMD
    3x DIP
    1x SCI

Ah jumped the gun. there are 2 more 3 seat missions

Friend of my Enemy - DIP AND SEC, CMD AND SEC, CMD AND DIP
    High Spirits - ENG AND SCI, CMD AND MED, MED AND SCI

So stat mix for the 3 seaters are
    8x SEC
    7x ENG
    6x CMD
    5x DIP
    3x SCI
    2x MED

Thanks for clarification on reruns using the same missions. I guess I should have known that they would have used the same missions as the previous one but would have liked to see more CMD and DIP seats in the 3 seaters but you are right that there are quite a few 4 seaters with those stats
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I love the resolution for "Rule 286": "It's hard to get a word in edgewise, with the ever-talkative Morn..."