Home The Bridge

October Q/A with Admiral Prince!

1235»

Comments

• Can you add a system to trade in unused trainers for something people may need (merits, credits, honor, anything else). Many players have had trainers stacking up for a long time and now with the replicator rations we are getting from voyages there is no use for my many thousands of every type of trainer.
  • I rescind my previous question...

What is being done to prevent the numerous QA failures that we have experienced from persisting?

You know what I'm talking about.

We have characters not being included in time portal packs, the wrong characters appearing instead of advertised variants, and event bonuses not being factored in properly (twice - first T'Kumquat not getting one, now CD Quark getting the wrong one). I would have thought that after Musketeer-Gate that portal packs would have been checked and rechecked before going live - including in a live environment - but that obviously is not that case. I would also have thought that after T'Kumbaya not receiving a proper bonus earlier in the mega event, you would have been extra vigilant to make sure that the proper characters were for the remainder.

We've also had some pretty consistent breakdowns in communications. There is some confusion about internal and external communication timelines, where we are consistently being reassured that everything is fine only for you later to rescind that statement and admit that it is not. Not to mention, this whole event has been plagued with delayed event announcements (I know some of this is due to CBS, but we haven't even had the customary name/type of event announcement for next week as of posting).

I am thrilled that DB is making public mea culpas. I appreciate the willingness to admit where you are wrong. But what I - and I'm sure you! - really want is for procedures and policies to be put in place to prevent those things from being necessary.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rescind my previous question...

What is being done to prevent the numerous QA failures that we have experienced from persisting?

You know what I'm talking about.

We have characters not being included in time portal packs, the wrong characters appearing instead of advertised variants, and event bonuses not being factored in properly (twice - first T'Kumquat not getting one, now CD Quark getting the wrong one). I would have thought that after Musketeer-Gate that portal packs would have been checked and rechecked before going live - including in a live environment - but that obviously is not that case. I would also have thought that after T'Kumbaya not receiving a proper bonus earlier in the mega event, you would have been extra vigilant to make sure that the proper characters were for the remainder.

We've also had some pretty consistent breakdowns in communications. There is some confusion about internal and external communication timelines, where we are consistently being reassured that everything is fine only for you later to rescind that statement and admit that it is not. Not to mention, this whole event has been plagued with delayed event announcements (I know some of this is due to CBS, but we haven't even had the customary name/type of event announcement for next week as of posting).

I am thrilled that DB is making public mea culpas. I appreciate the willingness to admit where you are wrong. But what I - and I'm sure you! - really want is for procedures and policies to be put in place to prevent those things from being necessary.

Not only is CD Quark getting the higher bonus, Pel is getting no bonus.
    I really hate DB QA.
  • eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    There is another - separate - issue with the long delay in CS response time (I know someone who has gone 21 days without a ticket even being read) and in information being provided to CS agents that is inaccurate. Often, we are waiting several days, or weeks even, for a reply only to have the same misinformation parroted back to us in the face of contrary evidence from players.

I know I personally was told several times that Musketeer La Forge not appearing was due to bad RNG. I can only imagine how many people had the same response about no new 4* characters appearing. A simple "we're looking into it" would inspire more confidence than the standard "it's RNG" reply.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • I know I personally was told several times that Musketeer La Forge not appearing was due to bad RNG. I can only imagine how many people had the same response about no new 4* characters appearing. A simple "we're looking into it" would inspire more confidence than the standard "it's RNG" reply.

And I thought the pulls being 100% old crew was weird, but I figured if I asked CS it would be weeks before I heard back, and even then their response would be "RNG, too bad for you", so I didn't bother ticketing it.

• I and others have raised this several times since achievements went live and again after Starbases - those of us who live in time zones unfriendly to collecting awards urgently need to know when a fix will be applied to this. I know it is pushing many of us to the brink of quitting as it is too frustrating day after day to know that we can't collect unless we completely disturb our sleep patterns. When and how is this going to be fixed. Thanks.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Something that should be added is being able to do training in a similar fashion to doing replicator rations so we don't have to hold for 5 minutes to use all of our basic trainers
  • Borg_RavagerBorg_Ravager ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Honor commendations to obtain aditional stars at any rarity needs to be reworked. As it is right now any crew you dismiss for honor is about 1/90 of the value needed to obtain a commendation for the same rarity. This needs to change to maybe 1/10th of the value or less so it doesn't feel we are throwing our money away at buying packs filled with already FE crew that we own trying to look for the elusive one.

Also maybe stop with the power creep of the higher rarities, as it is new 5* crew for the most part leave old 5* crew on shame on most cases, so much that sometimes new 4* crew is better than old 5* ones. Also never seen a game before where the amount of legendary or super rare crew exceeds by far the common/uncommon/rare ones. Stop making new 5* crew and pay atention to making new ones at lower rarities if you want to introduce new crew as fast as your are doing it.

For me the latest Cadet Tully being given a 5* legendary status is just laughable and you guys need to rethink what a legendary means in this or any other game
  • Are the Star Trek characters from the movies ever going to make it to the game?
    IE Pine, Quinto, Urban, Saldana, Pegg, Cho, Yelchin?
    Would LOVE to see a version of each of them, including Jaylah!!!!!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrnox wrote: »
    Are the Star Trek characters from the movies ever going to make it to the game?
    IE Pine, Quinto, Urban, Saldana, Pegg, Cho, Yelchin?
    Would LOVE to see a version of each of them, including Jaylah!!!!!

That's a negative. They are a totally different franchise to which DB has no rights to

• Having experienced many bugs during events with a few occurring at critical times, I have found getting in touch with your support very difficult. This could be fixed by giving us phone access or a chat option with your staff. As it stands, we have to trade e-mails that makes resolution complicated and drawn out. I am not suggesting chat or phone support for every little issue, just major ones that require more details and a back and forth of information.
  • Thank you for opening this line of communication. I hope we can have regular Q&As.

When will you give us the useful base + minimum proficiency number for away missions instead of the much less useful base only number?
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder that this thread will be closed later today, around 5 PM ET, and that we will not be able to address all the questions this time.

We very much appreciate your participation and are looking forward to potential similar initiatives in the future.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Reminder that this thread will be closed later today, around 5 PM ET, and that we will not be able to address all the questions this time.

We very much appreciate your participation and are looking forward to potential similar initiatives in the future.

Thank you Shan, I hope this does become a regular event, perhaps you could make them monthly? There's certainly plenty of questions that would be asked to keep this Q&A idea alive each month,

Thanks to you and Erin as well, we appreciate things have not been easy for you since the losses of staff and your friends at DB. We appreciate what you are able to do for us.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will the equipment screen be revamped so that we can search, and be able to see from the faction stores how many of the offered items we already own?
  • Would it be possible for the next mega event to be Dominion War based?
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing this thread, thank you for all your questions! 🖖🏻
This discussion has been closed.