Home Engineering Room
Options

First Skirmish Event: feedback and issue thread!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    This is very distracting. I have the issue on Android. I have noticed that restarting the app helps, but I would really like to see a fix.

Too lazy to restart the game I'm only seeing "ack", "sion" and "urac" for the past hour ;-)
  • Options
    Platform: Ipad
    Feedback: This is my favorite event now. I like that the Chron incremental bonus that can be used to upgrade crew and then leverage them as Intel as well. This felts more interactive than other event types.
    Issue: If you are going to spend Dil then please force a different bonus other than the one you just receive. Nothing more annoying than getting 1500 credit, spin again and getting the same 1500 credits.

• Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Platform: Steam

I didn't have any problems with the event.

Review: Overall I liked it. My only suggestion is to reduce the intel drops from space battles by 50% or increase the intel costs to run a skirmish by 50%. It will require some 800,000 points to finish top 1000 in this. Shaving that down to 600,000 will make it much less painful and will be more profitable for you.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform: Samsung phone

Issue: this has been mentioned before but bears repeating. The buy again with dilithium button is far too large and far too close to the continue button. I lost 10 dilithium to an accidental tap and got a few Intel for the trouble. Most of those rewards are not worth dilithium. If I were not a monthly card purchaser, I would put in a ticket. As it is, I just chalk it up to a mistake. Bust seriously, you need to put in confirmation on all dilithium purchases, or make it so such an accident is far less likely.

Review: I like this event. I like the extra rewards, as small as they are. I like the auto reload of Intel. I like the extra until from playing missions. I really like that my crew are free to go on shuttles and voyages during the event.
  • Options
    Getting an error message error: in a battle. 2 hours before the end of the event.
  • Options
    ASK_ASK_ ✭✭
    I liked the event, I didn't have many problems other than a couple server errors during play, which could have possibly been a connection on my end.

The event ship was not the best ship in any division in any division. I thought this was a bit odd, possibly even misleading, since you were selling it for the event.

Anyways, kudos on the new event type, it was enjoyable.
  • Options
    Platform: Android
    Issue: Some VIP0 fleetmates of mine who do not use the forums are reporting that adwarps on high chron missions have a prolonged delay to receive the intel. They thought they weren't getting it at all for a while- and then some extra showed up 20 minutes later. Restarts didn't fix it, just time.

Thanks. 2/3 of my ad warps this morning haven't given me any yet... but one did. and it was the one in the middle.

So it's a really, really odd delay.
  • Options

Feedback: Great event! Much more fun than just sending out shuttles.

Issue: Once I had a set loadout, I did the same sequence over and over and over. With the enemy ships being the same, there was minimal strategy.

Maybe if you made it as:
    Encounter 1 - Ship A, B, or C
    Encounter 2 - Ship D, E, or F
    Encounter 3 - Ship A, B, or C
    Encounter 4 - Ship D, E, or F
    Encounter 5 - Boss ship or maybe an enhanced version of A-F.

That would add some variety to it.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    On iOS

Launched the game this morning before event end for a final push and my first Skirmish battle gave me this one.
    0o7xwo5s7zi4.png

Which kicked me out and then gave the "In battle" error so I had to abandon. Since it was so close to the end, I couldn't get the intel refunded so I petitioned for the reward difference for the next tier up of ranked rewards. I feel that's fair.

Just for the record, this was after I retrieved my shuttles, sent new shuttles out, retrieved my voyage, sent a new voyage out, and then spent my chrons on more intel. There is no reason I should have been "unverified" or whatever.
  • Options
    Iphone
    I already like this event type best. Just a couple things to tweak.
    1. When you select a crewman during battle it covers the entire screen saying EVASION, ACCURACY, or ATTACK. Aside from this being annoying it also prevents me from selecting my next ability until it starts to clear up.
    2. It’s not nearly hard enough. I almost never took any hull damage. I think a better way for this event to go is this. Every time you win a skirmish the intel required increases, the Victory Points increase, and so does the difficulty with NO CAP! It would be less of a grind because you can only go so far in each difficulty, having the event ship maxed would be way more important $$$, and it would be super challenging/strategic. It would also be exciting to see who could go the farthest! IMO at least one of the phases should be done this way if not both. Also if you hit a wall on epic you could bump over to elite or normal and go as far as possible there as well.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    LilBangersLilBangers ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    So I opened a ticket at the time, and not talking to a CS about it. I was a at rank 1043 and had over 1k chron waiting to be turned into intel. I can finish a whole skirmish in just under 4 min. I would have gotten over 1k and gotten the sisko reward but with about 20 min left to go I got this fun message,

r7h9uroyym6l.png

and sent the CS proof of time after i restarted

nz6zfguri45j.png

and rank so it would not be that i am just fishing for rewards.

t6ztfjr7s6gp.png

I tried restarting my phone, the game, and the skirmish all to no avail

I do not think it is that odd to ask for the reward i should have gotten when it is DB's error
  • Options
    Pros:
    Can earn honor
    Helps build holoemiiters using space battles to earn Intel
    It's different then other events using space battles
    Retains crew choices. Please consider this for other event types
    Cons
    Gets boring real quick.Very tedious and just feels like a chore to play
    Spent tremendous amount of time just to come short of top 1000
    Animations eat up time. Consider option to eliminate them.
    Crew selection icons to small. Allow option to increase size.
  • Options
    I am thoroughly disgusted with how poorly I was treated by DB. VIP level 8. COULD NOT PLAY PHASE 2 AT ALL. Was only able to play three sets in Phase 1. I reported my bugs as requested. Total event time was less than twenty minutes.

DB’s response: try a different device or different WiFi. Oh that didn’t work? Sorry you were locked out of the ENTIRE EVENT. Here’s 120 chronos.

Are you serious? That is beyond ridiculous. Other players report problems and they get taken care of. They are treated well and compensated thoroughly. I was disregarded and treated like sh$t.

The amount of restraint it is taking me to not cuss out DB is astounding. I’ve been playing since the second day the game was launched, and am livid by how piss-poorly they’ve handled the situation.

DB, Do Better
  • Options
    ASK_ASK_ ✭✭
    Calistoga wrote: »
    I am thoroughly disgusted with how poorly I was treated by DB. VIP level 8. COULD NOT PLAY PHASE 2 AT ALL. Was only able to play three sets in Phase 1. I reported my bugs as requested. Total event time was less than twenty minutes.

DB’s response: try a different device or different WiFi. Oh that didn’t work? Sorry you were locked out of the ENTIRE EVENT. Here’s 120 chronos.

Are you serious? That is beyond ridiculous. Other players report problems and they get taken care of. They are treated well and compensated thoroughly. I was disregarded and treated like sh$t.

The amount of restraint it is taking me to not cuss out DB is astounding. I’ve been playing since the second day the game was launched, and am livid by how piss-poorly they’ve handled the situation.

DB, Do Better

You won the lottery, most of the time they only give you 100!
  • Options
    Feedback: dilithium button immediately appears under bonus button. i lost dilithium on unwanted rewards because of double tapping button. also i started 2 skirmishes with no crew selected due to double tapping the start button.

solution is to not have tose key buttons doubled up over each other. during the screen shift.
    Super Inducted
    Hyper Nova
    Burning Nacelles
  • Options
    I appreciate the effort to make something new, but personally I thought it was way too much of a grind. The battles are extremely repetitive and take a long time. I finished the event with 20,000 intel but wit no motivation whatsoever to use them, I was bored out of my mind, and, honestly, I have other things to do, fun things, important things, than click on the same buttons for hours and hours.
  • Options
    ios and Android
    couldn't find event crew
    pictures to small with bonus covering most of face, couldn't see who the character was to select for ship bonus.
  • Options
    Platform: android s9

Feedback: Loved it. Too easy. The difficulty can be changed with minimal effort. Make the featured ships the only usable ships during the event. This event would be hard flying a 4* Defiant. I know because I tried. Most did not. They rolled through the event flying their admiral arena builds, pew pewing npc ships. Why not? If people want to chill and kill npc's in s 5* ships, they will buy the featured ship no doubt. Otherwise, they will have to get better at flying 4*. Great event! Thanks.I had fun.

Issue:
  • Options

The Rewards are great.
    The mind-numbing repetitiveness is horrible.
    The crashes and finger-pointing warning is not nice. (See issues)

One of your listed interests in this new event was to have fun trying out new crew combinations and ships. Unfortunately, that was a fail since I used one ship and the same crew for the whole event. How about something like this:

Everyone starts out using a 1* ship. Since probably no one uses a 1* ship for regular game play, there will be some thought put into selecting a crew. Each successive skirmish starts where the previous one ends, meaning the ships get tougher. This continues with 1* ships until a skirmish is lost. The following skirmish the player has a choice, start another skirmish set with a 1* ship or move up to a 2* ship. Again, selecting crew may be somewhat interesting. And it continues this way all the way up to 5* ships. (If someone loses on the first skirmish of a set, they would have an additional choice to move to the previous ship level.)

Or, instead of just moving up to the next level ship after one set of skirmishes, all of your ships at the current level must be used for a full set of skirmishes. That would take us through our entire inventory of ships, which would have to more interesting (and yes, a lot more work).

Issues:
    Five times the game crashed immediately after the button to begin a battle was pressed. Restarting the game and trying to enter the event again brought this sweet message:

9hj78xbdyvzs.png

You've assumed the problem is with my connection. It isn't. My connection is rock solid. This is the same thing that happens to me in the arena almost every day. I lose 1 arena ticket (and a space battle for the daily missions) because the game crashes as soon as I initiate a battle. I don't bother with a CS ticket because it would be too much of a hassle to go through for so little a return, so I just get annoyed for three seconds and move on. But that's the arena. This was an event. I did not have any second crashes during a single skirmish so I didn't lose anything, but if I had, I would have been annoyed for much more than three seconds.

Bottom line is: Don't penalize me when your game crashes. For any disconnect - game crash or internet connection - bring me back to exactly where I left off.

Thank you for introducing a new event type. I look forward to improvements.

- eljay
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a post somewhere about why Skirmishes were removed from the last part of the mega event? I wasn't a fan of 4 days of Skirmishes, but I thought two would be good. I was really looking forward to seeing how Skirmishes worked in a hybrid event.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a post somewhere about why Skirmishes were removed from the last part of the mega event? I wasn't a fan of 4 days of Skirmishes, but I thought two would be good. I was really looking forward to seeing how Skirmishes worked in a hybrid event.

Skirmishes were never supposed to be in the last part of the mega event?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

The final has always been Expedition/Faction/Galaxy since they first announced the schedule.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh... I thought it was Expedition/Faction/Skirmish. Thanks for letting me know that I just flat remember it wrong.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Not sure if you're still taking Skirmish feedback here, but just had a problem with hull not repairing after choosing to repair on the Success screen between battles. Won the Skirmish anyway, so no ticket needed, just thought I'd report it.

Platform: iPhone SE
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    TheVerge04TheVerge04 ✭✭✭
    The crew selection display is still not working correctly, and hides muc of a crewmember’s stats (including covering all notifications of a triggering effect). This is occurring on an iPad Pro.

9ppq62nccbl0.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheVerge04 wrote: »
    The crew selection display is still not working correctly, and hides muc of a crewmember’s stats (including covering all notifications of a triggering effect). This is occurring on an iPad Pro.

9ppq62nccbl0.png

The weird overlaps should be addressed with a future client.
  • Options
    I like that fact that there did not seem to be a cap for intel accumulation. This makes skirmishes a bit easier than supply missions, as chronitons have a limit.

I was also happy that the Bell Riots Bashir was released last month. This, coupled with my Buster Kincaid Kim, kept my hull intact over the course of the entire skirmish session.

I do find I need a break periodically to break up a slight monotony, but overall I really enjoyed this type of event.
  • Options
    I can't start the skirmish, because I didn't choose anyag character and ship.