Home The Bridge

What Do You Think the Post-Mega Re-Run Will Be?

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
We’ve had two Cardassians and two Ferengi in the last four.

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Mirror crew is fairly nice. Let's do that. 😀
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Holograms Are Forever would be nice, let me put the final star on my Bashir, Julian Bashir or get another star for Jazz Musician Odo. A DS9 centric event right after the Mega doesn't seem so likely, though. Maybe The Captain's Oath, with Captain Spock as the new 5*?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I will go with children of Apollo.
  • My guess is Extinction Point due to the uptick in Enterprise crew that seem to be working their ways into players' beholds. However, with it being the off season in Discovery, I feel like it'll be one of those just to remind everyone that Burnham is still a thing.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is @Travis S McClain when we need him most?! :)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Where is Travis S McClain when we need him most?! :)

Until Admiral McClain chimes in, I will attempt to be a meager substitute, and talk about what may be most likely to happen, solely based on what I could find on the wiki, and what I remember from the forum.

There are still a number of events from 2016 which have not been rerun. However, I believe the event after a mega has always been a rerun of a Faction event, which would narrow the choices.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Unlikely_Heroes
    Date: August 26, 2016
    Crew: Grand Nagus Zek, Mirror Tucker, Agent Harris
    (A repeat of this may indeed be "unlikely", since Mirror Tucker has made his way into several events since then.)

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dictators,_Unite!
    Date: November 4, 2016
    Crew: Frank Hollander, Interfaced Barclay, Mirror K'Ehleyr
    (This is the one I'd most like to see repeated, and not only because I could use another star on Hollander and don't even have Barclay. ;) )

If we were to consider Galaxy events, as well, there are a lot more possibilities of events that have never been rerun (and more still if we include Expeditions, but of course that's not likely to happen :p ).

Since I didn't start playing STT until January of 2017, all of the above events would be new to me. And though they have rerun a few events three times, it seems odd that they wouldn't choose one that had not gotten a repeat performance as of yet.

Edit: There are of course also Faction events from 2017 which haven't been repeated yet — The Isthmian Games, Children of Apollo, Alpha and Omega, Shore Leave, The Big Sting, Experimental Design, The Triskelion Tournament, When Giants Walk, Homestead, and more — but I am assuming the older events will be the first to recur.

Edit #2: removed several mistaken entries.

Edit #3: As noted below, Unlikely Heroes will probably never run again. As that leaves just one 2016 Faction event, I'd probably throw in the first few 2017 events listed above as potential candidates.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Akritirian_Job
    Date: November 23, 2016
    Crew: Delta Flyer Paris, Disguised Kira, Rura Penthe Reed
    (Wouldn't terribly mind this, though I'm also not terribly excited about these crew, either.)
    This was re-run in January 2017
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Akritirian_Job_2
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Genesis_Wave
    Date: August 18, 2016
    Crew: General Chang, Ambassador Sarek
    (Depending on who they bring in for a 3rd featured crew it could be interesting.)
    Like klingon bride Jadzia?
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Genesis_Wave_2
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Second_Act
    Date: September 30, 2016
    Crew: Suliban Reed, Cardassian Kira, Grand Proxy Neelix
    (Interesting collection of crew, considering they're all alternate species versions of main cast characters.)
    This was re-run with Romulan Data https://stt.wiki/wiki/Second_Act_2

Personally I would like to see Isthmian games re-run. https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Isthmian_Games
    This was my first ever event; not knowing what I was doing I only managed to get a 1/4* Prosperio Data who is still unfused.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Ah, crud — those three were actually not included in my initial post, then when I went back to the events page on the wiki to double check that I hadn't missed anything, I saw those additional events, and did a page search to see if they came up more than once... but now I realize I hadn't expanded the years 2017 and 2018 with the little plus signs on the page, so a search didn't bring them up. [insert your favorite Trek facepalm here] I'll re-edit my post. D'oh.

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn’t the Grand Negus Zek one just re-run?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Well, basically, he was, but that event was not. However, now that I look at that wiki page again, you bring up a good point — in that it is indeed VERY unlikely that Unlikely Heroes will ever be rerun.

From what I understand, in August of 2016, a Galaxy event called The Prime Directive was begun, but for whatever reason, it was constantly "crashing"... and so, that event was completely scrapped, and replaced with a Faction event called Unlikely Heroes, which featured the exact same crew.

Strangely, the event that crashed originally was the one which was rerun... twice. Most recently, The Prime Directive 2 ran on the weekend of March 29, 2018.

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Well, basically, he was, but that event was not. However, now that I look at that wiki page again, you bring up a good point — in that it is indeed VERY unlikely that Unlikely Heroes will ever be rerun.

From what I understand, in August of 2016, a Galaxy event called The Prime Directive was begun, but for whatever reason, it was constantly "crashing"... and so, that event was completely scrapped, and replaced with a Faction event called Unlikely Heroes, which featured the exact same crew.

Strangely, the event that crashed originally was the one which was rerun... twice. Most recently, The Prime Directive 2 ran on the weekend of March 29, 2018.

Ah! Great investigating! Perhaps you should change your name to Detective Data. I was looking at the wiki as well. I’m pulling for a re-rein of the NS Tucker event as I have him at three stars. I also was remembering the event with Pike who was a last minute replacement due to an issue using Charlie Evans
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are all doing the Vulcan thing and logically analyzing. (Enter T'Pol voice over.) Don't you think it just as likely they use a dart board to pick the rerun?
  • WaldoMag wrote: »

That'd be super-awesome, I had both Platonian Kirk and Apollo drop from voyages, I'd love to freeze two crew simultaneously. Which probably means it won't happen.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction Missions:
    Last rerun: Rule 125 (May 3, Captain Nog, Ishka, Klingon Quark)

The next faction event after Rule 125 would be "The Isthimian Games" (Dancing Uhura, Author Jake, Prospero Data)

Galaxy:
    Last rerun: The Prime Directive (March 29, Zek, Anij, Harris, Mirror Tucker)

Next Galaxy event after The Prime Directive would be "Triple Threat" (Pah Wraith Cult Dukat, Mirror K'Ehleyr, Young Khan).

They could totally change it up and go a different direction or run a #3 somewhere.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Isthimian Games would be a first for me in that I have them all immortalized. I suppose they'd add in a new 4*.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The Isthimian Games would be a first for me in that I have them all immortalized. I suppose they'd add in a new 4*.
    I think they leave these reruns exactly the same after a mega. It gives them a chance for a break or planning ahead.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love for the original events where Mirror Tpol originated from or even more so, Sailboat Beverly.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love for the original events where Mirror Tpol originated from or even more so, Sailboat Beverly.

Bev was from an expedition event so not likely to be rerun. Mirror T’Pol was a galaxy so there’s always a chance.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I think they leave these reruns exactly the same after a mega. It gives them a chance for a break or planning ahead.

Missions will usually stay the same, but they sporadically update the crew. Not really consistent enough with it for a general rule, though.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Galaxy:
    Last rerun: The Prime Directive (March 29, Zek, Anij, Harris, Mirror Tucker)

Next Galaxy event after The Prime Directive would be "Triple Threat" (Pah Wraith Cult Dukat, Mirror K'Ehleyr, Young Khan).

They could totally change it up and go a different direction or run a #3 somewhere.

Triple Threat was re-run already (start of January 2018). --> they added Torchbearer Voq.

The next Galaxy in line is Family Tree (and then Plague of Plagues) ... which has Mirror T'Pol as one of the event crew ... so ... who knows :)
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Personally I would like to see Isthmian games re-run.
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Isthmian_Games
    This was my first ever event; not knowing what I was doing I only managed to get a 1/4* Prosperio Data who is still unfused.

After Dictators, Unite!, I would probably be most on board for a rerun of The Isthmian Games, myself — it was my 5th event, but I also didn't know what I was doing, and also have a Prospero (2/4) who needs more stars. ;)

• Data1001 wrote: »
    Personally I would like to see Isthmian games re-run.
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Isthmian_Games

After Dictators, Unite!, I would probably be most on board for a rerun of The Isthmian Games, myself — it was my 5th event, but I also didn't know what I was doing, and also have a Prospero (2/4) who needs more stars. ;)

Same, so co-sign.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Missions will usually stay the same, but they sporadically update the crew. Not really consistent enough with it for a general rule, though.

Thanks for info😉
    The Brute Squad 2 was the event I was thinking of in hopes of it being the re-run
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Endgame, the event with Wesley and the Traveler would help me a great deal, and possibly get some cash packs out of me.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I knew we could count on you, @Travis S McClain , although @Data1001 and others did a nice job of pinch-hitting earlier. 👍🏻

“The Isthmian Games” gets my vote (hah!), as Prospero Data was the first 4* I ever collected from an Event. He has languished at 1F/FE for far too long.... 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    As I understand, faction events are rare because they are a lot of work to develop. A re-run is therefore theoretically possible
  • edited June 2018

That'd be super-awesome, I had both Platonian Kirk and Apollo drop from voyages, I'd love to freeze two crew simultaneously. Which probably means it won't happen.

Hmm.... well i did get goddess of empathy Troi yesterday! Either way i want a new event... FOR DB TO FINALLY RELEASE THE ENTERPRISE E!!