Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Weak Will Perish - 06/21- EDITED NEW END DAY

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
Event Name: The Weak Will Perish
Event Type: Hybrid Event: Expeditions/Faction/Galaxy
Event Crew: Augment Commander O'Brien 5* (New), Mirror Leeta 4* (New) and Augment Riker 4* (existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 06/21 until Wednesday 06/27

The event will span over 7 days, for a total of 6x24h and 3 phases of 48h each.

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Bell Riots Bashir 5* (Existing)

Event faction: Augments

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Bell Riots Bashir
• small bonus: variants of Miles O'Brien, variants of Riker, variants of Leeta, Roga Danar, and crew with the Augment trait.

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Crew: Augment Commander O'Brien 5* (New), Mirror Leeta 4* (New) and Augment Riker 4* (existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 06/21 until Tuesday 06/26 (5 days event)

Bonus crew:
    • small bonus: variants of Miles O'Brien, variants of Riker, variants of Leeta, Roga Danar, and crew with the Augment trait.
    But...Thursday to Tuesday is 5 days? Only one day longer than the normal cycle

Edit: for the sake of continuity, the OP originally stated "6 days". It has, since, been modified (corrected) as well as posts quoting it.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Leeta is cool, but that O'Brien.....
  • Options
    thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday... 6 days...
    but only 24*5 hours...

anyone feel like counting how many fingers you have... count backwards 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 and 5 is 11....

so if you are in the exact right timezone in the world... where it starts at midnight... it would truely be 5 days...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, can you let us know the order of the parts and when the turnover will happen? Thur - Tue still means one part will only get 24 hours unless you start shifting the turnover away from Noon Eastern.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Does anyone actually want longer events? I'm seriously curious. I know I don't. I know some others who don't. I've never heard anyone asking for a longer one, but if you're out there speak up as this is your moment.

I can say i don't want longer events...even now, although I love the game, some events seem like they take years to finish....
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Dates: Thursday 06/14 until Tuesday 06/26 (5 days event)

Bonus crew:
    But...Thursday to Tuesday is 5 days? Only one day longer than the normal cycle

It says from the 14th! (yesterday) till the 26th! ... Your results for this week will be added on to next week's @Peachtree Rex ... make this weekend count. :)
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they typically describe the regular weekend events being 4 days, I know this forum loves to nitpick but can we focus on things that matter please?
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    It says from the 14th! (yesterday) till the 26th! ... Your results for this week will be added on to next week's @Peachtree Rex ... make this weekend count. :)

So the galaxy phase is the current event, and next weekend is faction/expedition.

:p>:)
  • Options
    I've really been looking forward to seeing expeditions again, but having it tied to a Galaxy kinda ruins it.
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Oh, man, I cannot *wait* to see what an Augment O'Brien looks like, heh. (I'd *doubly* love to see Augment Keiko.)

I know plenty of people have been kvetching about not getting Mirror Leeta during the Mirror event, and she makes 2/3 DS9 folks for the finale, so yay. :D

And another opportunity for Ice Pirates Riker! I'm a happy camper.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this forum loves to nitpick but can we focus on things that matter please?

History suggests this is not possible.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I have a bad case of Friday and messed up the announcement. Mea Culpea.

The order is as listed: Expedition/Faction/Galaxy.
    I do not yet know when the phases will change, I will inquire.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thursday 06/14 until Tuesday 06/26 (5 days event) Seems longer than 5 days to me....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Augment O’ Brien? Don’t remember that...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thresholds and out! Again! Love it!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they typically describe the regular weekend events being 4 days, I know this forum loves to nitpick but can we focus on things that matter please?

The normal events are 4 days (as in four x 24 hours).
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

The problem is I don't know which half of the post is in error. Is the End date incorrect and it really is 6 days (i.e...48hrs per phase) or is the given date correct and it's really a 5 day span with an inconsistent arrangement of time per event "type".

So, yes, this information is very important and is necessary to correct. And it's MUCH more important than the announced crew, IMO.

If you think this is nitpicky, you should have been around when they were 1 hour off at the end of an event during the DST rollover once. It was a madhouse.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    A non canon as the 5* to end a mega stinks IMO

Why? It was the same with the Mirror event (in fact many of the legends for that event were non cannon).
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad the last event features O’Brien as the 5*, not sure how I feel about it being “Augment Commander O’Brien”, though. Guess I’ll wait and see what the art looks like.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

(Regular events are 96 hours which is 4 days, so... )

A few questions, though, for Shan:
    1. Will the galaxy portion have community rewards?
    2. Will this expedition use the same rules as the last one in December 2017?
    3. I assume the faction part will have shared crew?
    4. What is the schedule for event type turn over? As in, which one is one day, and when will they switch, which goes first, etc?

Thanks, Shan, for anything you can answer. Galaxies and expeditions are time consuming, so I've got to work out when to do the grinding.
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Well, yeah, a bunch of people got screwed on turn-ins, IIRC, and there was never any make-good by DB afterwards.

I'd say better to nitpick up front. An ounce of prevention and all that.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have made corrections to the original post ..
    Event Dates: Thursday 06/21 until Tuesday 06/26 (5 days event)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing. No Admiral Patrick, no Jack, No Lauren. Maybe they are being saved for some special non event pack to get the whales to buy them. I will hope that two of them will be the uncommon and rare crew in the event until I disappointedly see uncommon leeta and trombone riker.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    At long last, my immortalized 2* Leeta will come into play for an event. Augment OBrien, Im curious on the art, a little let down that we didnt get more iconic characters from DS9.

Mirror Leeta

116c8ztw5q0p.jpeg
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Captain Q wrote: »

Damn... No Augmented Burnway... :'(

Have you tried fusing 3* Janeway with all you Burnhans? I think Burnway is out there somewhere........