Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Isthmian Games (rerun) - 06/28

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in The Bridge
Event Name: The Isthmian Games (rerun)
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Dancing Chekov 5* (New), Prospero Data 4* (Existing), Dancing Uhura 5* (existing) and Bestselling Author Jake Sisko 4* (existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 06/28 until Monday 07/02

Event factions: Ferengi Traditionalists, Bajoran, Klingon Empire

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Chekov, variants of Data, variants of Uhura, and variants of Jake Sisko.

The event announcement and the packs will go live around 1 PM ET.

Comments

• Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. I could use a few more stars each on Prospero and old Jake.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have both purples sitting at 1 star. Gives me a reason to work on both. At least it's faction, so I won't have to pour a tonne of resources into it.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just need Jake. (2 stars) so depending on what he is in the event will determine my push in it.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Well that is unusual, there are two legendary characters and no new Super Rare characters.

I think how I play this one will depend on which of Data or Jake is the threshold
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote Jake.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to a repeat of my first ever ever
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a repeat the old legendary is usually pack only and a new legendary is added for rank.

The 4* are island usually swapped from the previous run.

In this case Data was rank and threshold (before they started doing two 4*) and Jake was pack only. I doubt they will make Jake both threshold and rank, so we'll have to see how they split the rewards this time.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dancing Chekov, really? :s
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I just froze Jake this morning after putting the finishing touches on him...maybe he won’t be frozen all the way through yet?
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    In a repeat the old legendary is usually pack only and a new legendary is added for rank.

The 4* are island usually swapped from the previous run.

In this case Data was rank and threshold (before they started doing two 4*) and Jake was pack only. I doubt they will make Jake both threshold and rank, so we'll have to see how they split the rewards this time.

I have added a few stars to legends that have came back in repeats. Although there is usually a new super rare added.

I know of a few players who have both the super rares complete and would probably sit this out.

I only have Jake complete so will see what happens
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Jake at 2/4 and Data at 1/4, so I'm looking forward to this event.

With thresholds cleared about 14 hours into a 144 hour event, and the only new crew already immortalized, I'll have lots of time to work on my unleveled 1/5* Romulan Data.
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Dancing Chekov? Ugh haha.

I already have Jake, Prospero and other versions of Uhura immortalized... so no event pack for me
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be dancing all weekend by not participating in this one :smile:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I have this Jake and Data, good excuse to level them, and Data needs stars. Also nice to see a new Chekov added to the game. Might or might not play hard for him, depending on art and stats.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh Chekov is my favourite character! xD If the art is good this could be amazing, I'm rather excited.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I actually have crew I need to level

Nyota Uhura 80
    Gunslinger Uhura 80
    War Correspondent Jake Sisko 70
    First Officer Chekov 70

They had all been back-burnered since they are seldom event crew and all 3 are in the same event!
  • Options
    WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    Nice for me as I have Prospero Data with 1* and do not have Jake (I have airlocked a few of those, but if I can get 4, level, and freeze, I am in). With 2 fives, one and most probably the new one will likely be pack only. That said, I can see myself taking a shot or two.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Travis called it.. .Jake bookending the "DS9" mega.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have been much more motivated for this if I had a shot at earning another star for Uhura. My Bestseller Jake is only 1/4 so hopefully can get him FF.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who will be bonus crew?
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who will be bonus crew?

All versions of Data, Uhura, Chekov and Jake Sisko
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. That is slim pickings for me, but gives me 4 more crew to work on.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Data is the threshold. I wanted a Prospero Data for a long time, he wasn't in packs forever. Then they released him in packs and I got 3, but I need that final star.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Got Data finished, almost froze him an hour ago too! Need the last star to immortalise Jake so I suppose I should level my Gunslinger Uhura ready.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Is this the Dancing Chekov we'll get for this event?
    giphy.gif

It's gotta be, right? If so, I hope we get him in mid-air. :D Which brings up the question, how many "floating" crew are there in the game? Melora is one that comes to mind right off the bat.

bjgrq5c60c9d.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I would like to get 2 more stars for my 2F/FE Prospero Data , the first 4* I ever earned via ranked ranked rewards. Not interested in Jake or that Uhura, but the bouncy Chekov makes me smile. :)

EDIT: I scrolled back to double-check; it turns out that Pel was my first 4* from Event rewards. (No wonder I forgot.) 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Maybe the artwork will be animated? ;)
    Deep Space Exploration Fleet - German Casual Fleet
    Created a kingdom. Reached for the wisdom. Failed in becoming a god.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I adore that this means the DS9 mega-event will be book-ended by events featuring Jake Sisko ("The Longest Day" the week before and this the week after). I'm also hopeful Bestselling Author Jake Sisko will replace Prospero Data in the thresholds so I can finish off mine without having to make much commitment to the event.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Is this the Dancing Chekov we'll get for this event?
    giphy.gif

It's gotta be, right? If so, I hope we get him in mid-air. :D Which brings up the question, how many "floating" crew are there in the game? Melora is one that comes to mind right off the bat.

bjgrq5c60c9d.gif

Maybe a new collection of people whose feet aren't attached to the ground? Hover Crew