Home The Bridge
Options

Alright, it's time to solve the Fully Fused BEHOLD problem.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    milamber42 wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If there is one place where DB has shown attention to detail and an immediate response to issues, it's revenue enhancements. I have no doubt they've run these numbers and determined the current approach is better. Yes, the mini-whales might spend a little more if they got more cards they needed, but the big whales would quickly finish every card in the game, and then every purchase would guarantee the new card they want. The revenue from them would drop off a cliff and that would hurt DB more than the mini-whales current spending.

This makes sense to me. All games are dependent on the RNG for sales. Other games may do it differently, but in the end RNG is the controlling factor. Take Star Wars GOH for instance.

They release a new hero with an event. The player gets to sample the hero, and they get enough shards to get a 3/7 * hero. Then you can buy a pack of shards for $9.99 to get a 4/7 hero and some starting gear. After that, you spend the equivalent of $10 in crystals (aka dil) on RNG packs to get the rest of the shards to make the hero 7*. The RNG pack drops shards in groups of 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 50, 80, 145, 230, & 330. The player needs 250 at this point if they purchased the $9.99 deal, or they need 280 if they decided to completely take their chances. Post on their forums indicate that the players spend $250 - $300 to 7/7 a hero.

While all games are dependent on RNG for sales, DB is at least up front and somewhat honest about it thanks to Apple. AFIK to this date, SWGOH has not published any odds on the purchase of their packs.

Nothing to do with apple , it's an EU law that forces them to do so. It req all online gambling to show percentages
  • Options
    SuperAmdyn wrote: »
    Why do we believe that free market principles don’t apply to buying 10X portals ?

Presumably DB understands supply and demand curves and knows a) how many are sold and b) where the optimum point is (if they don’t - hire me - I can make a lot of money for you!)

If you are at the point where your personal needs (ie. 10X Portals no longer give you what you want) then the logical position is to stop buying them.

If the player base is aging and new spenders are limited - then the market will move in the favor of buyers and I am sure we will see changes. If the player base is growing and new spenders are in the majority - then the market will move in favor of the sellers.

I have little doubt that DB is in a good space as they are continuing to add substantive changes (such as the new smirmish event) - rather than tweak the basic economy of portals which indicates money to spend.

I'm glad someone else understands where I'm coming from.

Being right doesn't make it ethical. The mechanism preys on people with addictive personalities and is akin to gambling. Gambling is heavily regulated. This is not.

I don't know why but that last 'this is not' just sounds like something data would say, in my mind as i was reading it i heard data saying it in his soft tone
  • Options
    Duplicates are a part of the game. . Changing honour values will make everyone happy even the biggest spenders. While their relative advantage will be quickly eroded it will be cheaper for the likes of Captain Sisko AA to collect every crew. Whether that drop in revenue is picked up by other players is anyone's guess, but DB is in the best position to guess, and we know what they think. So the values aren't going to change. If they ever do, it's a sign the game is about to end.

Going forward, if nothing is changed, the premium portal will continue to get larger and larger. This will mean it gets harder and harder (read: a long time) to immortalize a crew unless you get them immortalized in their initial event/pack, but at the same time, more and more crew in the portal, decreases the odds of an all immortalized begold.
    Further, the larger the pool, the harder it is for a new player to the game today to 'catch up', because even dumping money into the premium portal, you'll just end up with tons of 1/4, 2/4, 3/4 and few fully fused crew.

A compromise might be to split off the premium portal into smaller chunks for a lesser price, sort of tiers. These would be permanent portals, with regular additions. Perhaps there would be a new tab for these semi-premium portals.
    You could have the current premium portal cost of 650 dil consist of crew released in the last year. Then for 350 dilithium a portal with just crew from the first year of STT, another for year two. You could also have a Klingon, DS9, by collection (why not make a pack with every Diplomat?), etc. portals regularly added to, etc. for a reduced cost to reflect the reduced premium.

These are examples. I also acknowledge that the above described packs might actually be worse odds than current premium portal, depending on your crew. Give me more options!

• Options
    More frequent portal updates and better value for honor! Both needed, period!
    “With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.” Captain Picard quoting Judge Aaron Satie.