Home The Bridge

Super Rare Crew not added to the Premium Portal

I bought a $99 offer last night with 25 premium packs. Opened all packs. About 15 super rares given to me outright and 10 super rare beholds. I saw 0 of the 32 super rare crew supposedly added to the pool per Shan's post on October 11: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/414/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-first-impressions-10-12-time-portal-additions#latest

I'm not a statistician, but I think this is more than small sample size. About 100-120 super rare crew in the pool before. Now there should be about 130-150. Between the beholds and pulls I saw 45 super rare crew. 0 of these 45 were the 32 supposed to be added.

Can anyone else please mention if they saw the 32 crew added to the Premium Portal between October 11 and yesterday October 16? And which ones

For what it's worth Legendary pool seems fine, I got Benny Russell and Revolutionary Damar in beholds.

Comments

• I saw one person with a Klingon Janeway in their behold choice
  • Yeah I saw that too. I think legendary (which Klingon Janeway is) was added properly. It looks like the super rare pool was botched.
  • Ive opened 22 packs since the update and havnt seen any new purple crew.
  • Same here, no new purples spotted, but new legendaries were added for sure.

Please fix it.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Another 12 packs here, zilch new SR but I did get Klingon Janeway.
    DB: Do Better
  • eXo|cuzspicyeXo|cuzspicy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    yw1zcgref5q2.png

Got this behold the day of the announcement around 9PM Pacific. They're in there. There are just ALOT ot possible drops at this point.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite being on the list augment riker had already been added before the last update.
  • I know Augment Riker is on Shan's list but I believe he was already part of the super rare premium pool prior to October 11. He's also the only one on the list anyone has mentioned seeing, see this related post:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/498/have-evidence-that-db-updated-the-time-portal-post-it-here#latest
  • Oh that's interesting. That's definitely the only one I've seen so far.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    My friend and I have yet to see any of the new 4*s. I did get 5* Joachim in a behold, so there's a second "new" 5* seen
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking at that list and noticing one glaring absence to me - Prospero Data
    Someone who came out in February or maybe earlier and I have wanted him ever since.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Ikrit wrote: »
    My friend and I have yet to see any of the new 4*s. I did get 5* Joachim in a behold, so there's a second "new" 5* seen

I don't think the 5*s are in question. I also got a Mirror Bashir in a behold. It's just the 4*s apparently.
  • Did about 30 10xpremium pulls since the update. No new 4* crew yet for me. Plenty of the new 5*'s though.
  • Shan or Erin, can you please comment on this situation? We now have at least 75 packs worth of evidence that no one has received these crew that are supposed to be in the pool.
  • I had a behold with Sherrif Q. Not 4* but on the list and I can confirm is added.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can add another 10 packs with 9 beholds and none of the new super rares.
  • Now at least 99 packs with 0 new super rare crew besides Augment Riker who was in the premium pool before October 11
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I can confirm that this has been verified when the change was made live, and was verified again today when I brought up these concerns to the team.

• I've opened about 40 packs since the update went live. I did receive a number of 5* crew that were added, including some of the previously limited crew, like First Officer Chekov, Joachim, and Maquis Tuvok. I'm aware of others that have received Falcon O'Brien, and Emotion Chip Data.

All things lead to the 5* crew being added without a hitch.

However, I received zero of the added 4* crew, same goes for the rest of my fleet. Only Augment Riker, who was previously available anyway for some reason.

It does indeed look like the 4* crew were not added.
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • So Shan, you can confirm that on October 11 the following super rare crew were all added to the premium time portal?

Captain Klaa
    Cyrus Redblock
    Doc Crusher
    Duchamps
    Martia
    North Star Archer
    Sheriff Worf
    Admiral Picard
    Advocate Kolos
    Alidar Jarok
    Ambassador K'Ehleyr
    Anastasia Komananov
    Assimilated Tuvok
    Augment Riker
    Ba'ku Worf
    Captain T'Pol
    Combat Medic Paris
    Dahar Master Kor
    Dr. Hippocrates Noah
    Icheb
    Klingon Neelix
    Klingon Torres
    Kurros
    Laas
    Maquis Ro Laren
    Marla McGivers
    Princess Jadzia
    Riley Frazier
    Robin Hood
    Stranded Odo
    Sybok
    Vedek Bareil Antos

How does this correlate with the fact that in 139 packs worth of results since October 11, players have only reported pulling Augment Riker who was already in the time portal pool?
  • Looking through people's results from the community pull this weekend not one person reported seeing any of the above listed super rare crew. Those pulls also all happened after October 11

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/518/freebie-10x-pull-what-did-you-get/p2
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to put some perspective on the math here if all the super rares are equally likely to be drawn and the new cards are about 15% of the pool (with 30 of them this might be too low).

Opening 30 Packs usually provides a minimum of 15 4* drops and 10 beholds which yields 45 total cards.

No new cards is a .85^45 or .07% event. Multiple people have reported this with no one reporting seeing the new cards.
  • I decided to tap into my stockpile of almost 100 premium 10x pulls and play a game of Pull Until You Get a New 4* or David Marcus. Spoiler alert: I got David Marcus on pull #37.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Thanks for testing this and adding your results SilverRose. I wish the people testing packs at DB would do the same
  • Up to at least 176 packs opened and still 0 new super rare besides Augment Riker who was already part of the premium portal pool
  • Yeah.. finished off the rest of my stash just now for science (and hope of gold stars). Final tally -- David Marcus: 2; New 4*: 0.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Have 2 Prospero Data's and believe they are not coming around here no more, no more. Honor to bump to 4 star
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened fifteen 10x packs yesterday, and so far as super rares go my 'airlock the moment I need more space' group is now larger by one Augment Riker, so... yeah.

I mean, if they tested it they tested it, okay. But part of the reason I went for the 15 pack offer yesterday was to try out the expanded crew selection and get a feel for what the rewards would be, compared to previously when I'd found enough 4* already to make non-specific premium pulls a bit of a waste; I'd gotten a bunch of the 10x10 offers over the weeks, and gone from 'OMG I'm drowning in new crew!' to 'This isn't really getting me much anymore'. Maybe yesterday I just got heinously unlucky, but first impressions count - I got a couple of good 5*, it's worth saying, but so far as purples go I came away essentially empty handed but for honour, and that makes me feel like next time I see an offer for non-specific premium pulls, I'll be leaving it be.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Hi all,

I can confirm that this has been verified when the change was made live, and was verified again today when I brought up these concerns to the team.

Was this test, the same test they used for musketeer la forge? When Silverrose pulls 100 packs and doesn't get something, i tend to trust her results more.
  • Shan: It might be to your benefit to list odds somewhere that people can look up - for example, is it a cumulative .01% chance? (which would be absurd) to get one? Or .5%? or 5?