Home The Bridge
Options

Timelines' Originals Collection

13»

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    QUESTION (from a sleep-deprived mind staggering to wake up): Her name is "Agent Janeway", if she is NOT affiliated with Section 31, to what organization precicely IS she an agent?!

She is an agent of the French resistance in WWII.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    QUESTION (from a sleep-deprived mind staggering to wake up): Her name is "Agent Janeway", if she is NOT affiliated with Section 31, to what organization precicely IS she an agent?!

In the original event (IIRC) she was an agent for S31 and fully herself dressing up in the costume, not someone from Killing Game who thought she was a resistance fighter. Shrug.

The whole Agent JW/S31 debate thing isn't new. It's been discussed in threads since the card came out. Kind of strange to think about changing it now, but whatever.

S31 or not her pose with the MP40 is made up by DB just like Uhura dancing in her costume from Plato's Stepchildren. Don't really see how one is that different from the other.
  • Options
    thanks to all of you party poopers who will make a janeway less useful than they've been for a full year without section 31 trait..
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be Katrine. Agent Janeway came out five months earlier and we all sort of assumed that DB intended to use that character from The Killing Game but without using her real name...and using the Section 31 trait. The trait makes much more sense if Agent Janeway is a DB original, as does the fact that Katrine is a separate character.

The Killing Game has been a wonderful source for characters but it’s really a stretch to pull two separate characters from the same scenes. Leave Agent Janeway’s S31 trait, add her to the Originals collection, and then I would say the issues will be resolved.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who committed to Agent Janeway just for the Section 31 trait has not gotten much to show for her to date:

Mission nodes locked: 0
    Voyage trait bonus: 0
    Gauntlet: 1 (Constable, Section 31, Spiritual) that only generated twice in more than a year after the Gauntlet launched.
    Event: 2 ("Gods and Masters", which ran three weeks after Agent Janeway was added, and the one starting tomorrow.
    Is your argument Travis that since Section 31 has been of limited use that DB should remove it? Or are you looking to avoid being blamed if DB removes the trait from Agent Janeway since you brought it to their attention? We know going forward that Section 31 will likely be in Discovery and that there is going to be a Section 31 show coming. Section 31 is going to be very relevant shortly and currently there are only five crew with Section 31 trait. So to have DB take away Agent Janeway's Section 31 trait thereby removing 20% of all Section 31 crew really stinks.

Trait accuracy has been important to me all along. I'm the one who resurrected the Trait Audit thread for the new forum and have been consistently vocal in calling attention to missing traits as well as traits that don't make sense. I don't give a tinker's damn who blames me for bringing up something that has been questioned since she was added back on 8 March 2017.

Believe it or not, but I don't even care if she has or loses the trait. I do, however, care about facts. Discovery debuted 24 September 2017 and we didn't see the deleted scene that showed Georgiou being recruited by Section 31 until 25 March 2018--more than a year after Agent Janeway was added. It's dubious at best to argue that anyone chased and kept Agent Janeway because of Discovery.

The argument for keeping the trait is ridiculous and baseless. Janeway represented Section 31 in a faction event. That's the totality of explanation for her having that trait. That no one has suggested Dr. Hippocrates Noah from that same event be assigned the Terran Empire trait, which he represented, attests to how we routinely accept that a given crew being used as representative of a faction in an event may be entirely arbitrary and not something to take seriously. Dr. Hippocrates Noah, incidentally, was introduced in that event, so it's not like he was an existing card grandfathered in.

Other examples:

Danara Pel worked with the Dominion in "Plague of Plagues"
    Warship Chakotay worked with the Terran Empire in "Plague of Plagues"
    Trader Odo worked with the Dominion in "War Interrupted"
    Captain Nog worked with Section 31 in "Rule 125"
    Goddess of Empathy Troi represented the Bajorans in "Children of Apollo"
    Platonian Kirk represented the Ferengi Traditionalists in "Children of Apollo"
    Assimilated Tuvok worked with the Maquis in "The Process of Assimilation 1: Experimental Design"
    Liaison Torres worked with Section 31 in "A Good Day to Lie 2: When Giants Walk"

I stopped looking after that.

I highlighted how little use the Section 31 trait has been to illustrate how overblown it is to act as though this has been some big, important thing until this thread. The Section 31 trait has not significantly benefited Agent Janeway.

All of this leads me to two conclusions. One is that assigning Agent Janeway the Section 31 trait is flimsy at best and the second is that the real reason for wanting it is that there aren't many other Section 31 crew in the game and you have her.

Anyway, I'm done debating this. I've already detailed, and repeated here, my reasons for advocating the removal of the trait. I've nothing more to add.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Shouldn't Assimilated Troi be in the collection? She's launching at the same time and is clearly a timelines original.

Pretty sure she will be, but she hasn't physically been added to the game yet. They're usually only added an hour or two before their packs are released, so I'd exist to see her in the vault around 10/11 AM EST, and would be very surprised if she isn't part of the collection.

I totally don't get why she isn't in. Hasn't been added yet and the pack has been out a while and although I didn't buy a pack and so do have her yet, I'd be preeeeeety willing to bet she's been immortalised :D:D:D . So how come she doesn't get a place?
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who committed to Agent Janeway just for the Section 31 trait has not gotten much to show for her to date:

Mission nodes locked: 0
    Voyage trait bonus: 0
    Gauntlet: 1 (Constable, Section 31, Spiritual) that only generated twice in more than a year after the Gauntlet launched.
    Event: 2 ("Gods and Masters", which ran three weeks after Agent Janeway was added, and the one starting tomorrow.
    Is your argument Travis that since Section 31 has been of limited use that DB should remove it? Or are you looking to avoid being blamed if DB removes the trait from Agent Janeway since you brought it to their attention? We know going forward that Section 31 will likely be in Discovery and that there is going to be a Section 31 show coming. Section 31 is going to be very relevant shortly and currently there are only five crew with Section 31 trait. So to have DB take away Agent Janeway's Section 31 trait thereby removing 20% of all Section 31 crew really stinks.

Trait accuracy has been important to me all along. I'm the one who resurrected the Trait Audit thread for the new forum and have been consistently vocal in calling attention to missing traits as well as traits that don't make sense. I don't give a tinker's damn who blames me for bringing up something that has been questioned since she was added back on 8 March 2017.

Believe it or not, but I don't even care if she has or loses the trait. I do, however, care about facts. Discovery debuted 24 September 2017 and we didn't see the deleted scene that showed Georgiou being recruited by Section 31 until 25 March 2018--more than a year after Agent Janeway was added. It's dubious at best to argue that anyone chased and kept Agent Janeway because of Discovery.

The argument for keeping the trait is ridiculous and baseless. Janeway represented Section 31 in a faction event. That's the totality of explanation for her having that trait. That no one has suggested Dr. Hippocrates Noah from that same event be assigned the Terran Empire trait, which he represented, attests to how we routinely accept that a given crew being used as representative of a faction in an event may be entirely arbitrary and not something to take seriously. Dr. Hippocrates Noah, incidentally, was introduced in that event, so it's not like he was an existing card grandfathered in.

Other examples:

Danara Pel worked with the Dominion in "Plague of Plagues"
    Warship Chakotay worked with the Terran Empire in "Plague of Plagues"
    Trader Odo worked with the Dominion in "War Interrupted"
    Captain Nog worked with Section 31 in "Rule 125"
    Goddess of Empathy Troi represented the Bajorans in "Children of Apollo"
    Platonian Kirk represented the Ferengi Traditionalists in "Children of Apollo"
    Assimilated Tuvok worked with the Maquis in "The Process of Assimilation 1: Experimental Design"
    Liaison Torres worked with Section 31 in "A Good Day to Lie 2: When Giants Walk"

I stopped looking after that.

I highlighted how little use the Section 31 trait has been to illustrate how overblown it is to act as though this has been some big, important thing until this thread. The Section 31 trait has not significantly benefited Agent Janeway.

All of this leads me to two conclusions. One is that assigning Agent Janeway the Section 31 trait is flimsy at best and the second is that the real reason for wanting it is that there aren't many other Section 31 crew in the game and you have her.

Anyway, I'm done debating this. I've already detailed, and repeated here, my reasons for advocating the removal of the trait. I've nothing more to add.

Hard to pick one thing in all that, but I really, truly don't think ANYONE suggested Agent was introduced to be useful with Disco Section 31 content.

I don't even know why you feel the need to add fifty paragraphs to your point. You already won. You got her Nerfed, to fit your crusade. Anyone can lose gracefully. It takes more to win gracefully..........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Again, why is Assimilated Troi not part of this collection. Surely this card is 100 Timelines original or what is it that I am missing?
  • Options
    I'm not surprised she's not in the collection yet, as that sort of thing is part of a server update, which they only do Tuesdays.

The question is whether she'll be included come the next server update.

"Don't tell me: Tuesday?"
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised she's not in the collection yet, as that sort of thing is part of a server update, which they only do Tuesdays.

The question is whether she'll be included come the next server update.

"Don't tell me: Tuesday?"

Considering she entered the game at the same time as the collection, she should have been launched with the collection.
  • Options
    Thanks for the confirmation Riker!