Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    Hi there,
    Just updated to 3.60 to discover that the voyage tab is now working ... better but not quite yet for me.
    On this tab only the 15 first ranks are legendary crew and then there is #16 Roman kirk and no more legendary lower in the list. Just like AdmiralMemo some posts upper but my Roman kirk is #16 as his is #17 and ... OK got it. It's my 15 FE/FF legendaries. So no legendary 4/5 or less are listed there despite most of them are better voyagers than most 4/4 super rares. Is that wanted ? Is that tweakable ?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @USS Dart I tend to leave it at 4, but I only freeze when I'm having space issues (or I know the new crew I get is garbage) And space issues really varies person to person depending on on much you have bought so thats a tough one. I tend to freeze any 1 or 2 stat crew regardless of recommendations and then use the sheet as a guide past that to help me judge.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Just updated to 3.60 to discover that the voyage tab is now working ... better but not quite yet for me.
    On this tab only the 15 first ranks are legendary crew and then there is #16 Roman kirk and no more legendary lower in the list. Just like AdmiralMemo some posts upper but my Roman kirk is #16 as his is #17 and ... OK got it. It's my 15 FE/FF legendaries. So no legendary 4/5 or less are listed there despite most of them are better voyagers than most 4/4 super rares. Is that wanted ? Is that tweakable ?

@Mururoa

For the current iteration this is correct. I changed it to only factor in FFE crew which is better then all crew (even level 1). I'm working on an update that will change the voyage calculations and include any FE crew as thats the only way I can get an accurate voyage score as I only have skill totals for FE crew. Unfortunately thats a bigger change and taking me more time to make work. With luck I'll have it worked out this week yet. probably not the Tuesday pack release but hopefully for the thursday event crew release.
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    @Mururoa

For the current iteration this is correct. I changed it to only factor in FFE crew which is better then all crew (even level 1). I'm working on an update that will change the voyage calculations and include any FE crew as thats the only way I can get an accurate voyage score as I only have skill totals for FE crew. Unfortunately thats a bigger change and taking me more time to make work. With luck I'll have it worked out this week yet. probably not the Tuesday pack release but hopefully for the thursday event crew release.

Ok, fine for me. I can wait as long as the update is planning.
    And thanks again for the work you do.
  • I've got a question for those that use the sheet, necessarily a request for change but maybe someone has thought of a way to do it.

With the event recommended crew, has anyone come up with a way to highlight the event crew more-so than the regular crew, such as highlight their 'Event Crew' status in bold? It's probably getting into too much complexity but since the event crew gives a greater bonus it would be handy to see any that I might need to unfreeze if frozen. I can just flip back and forth for the four crew that it says but wondering if anyone has a method.
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Negh_var wrote: »
    With the event recommended crew, has anyone come up with a way to highlight the event crew more-so than the regular crew, such as highlight their 'Event Crew' status in bold?

Currently if you update the Event Settings on the Settings tab (lines 36-51) the recommendations on the Crew page will change to indicate that character is part of an event. Does that meet your needs, or am I misunderstanding?
  • USS Dart wrote: »
    Okay, so once again I have to admit I'm an excel dullard. I don't know how to translate this into something usable. If I chose to add the big book tier to the notes column, I'd have to add a formula. Where do I add it and how to I do so in order to capture the entire column? I tried to add it to the first cell in the column, but since that's part of the header, excel wouldn't allow me to.

Paste the formula into G5, then fill down.
    SpukkZ wrote: »
    The reason this was never done so far, and why it will not be done any time soon, is that the big book tier is a subjective ranking given by fellow players like you and I, whereas the sheet functions on 100% objective data, i.e. the actual stats of the crew.

Absolutely agree. BBoB is subjective. I find it somewhat helpful in making crew decisions.
  • klobetime wrote: »
    Negh_var wrote: »
    With the event recommended crew, has anyone come up with a way to highlight the event crew more-so than the regular crew, such as highlight their 'Event Crew' status in bold?

Currently, if you update the Event Settings on the Settings tab (lines 36-51) the recommendations on the Crew page will change to indicate that character is part of an event. Does that meet your needs, or am I misunderstanding?

Slightly misunderstanding but I think that is how I phrased the post.
    I do add the event crew, variants, traits and series as appropriate to the event as they come up, however you get a higher boost if you use the exact event crew than if you use a variant match, trait match or series match.
    So after you add them all in on the settings tab and go to the crew tab, you may have many options for the upcoming event. What I was wondering, is if the higher exact bonus crew had the 'event crew' in bold and the rest in the normal text as it is now.
    It's a tiny QOL thing that only suits a lazy person like me, I was just throwing it out there in case someone else thought the same thing and maybe tweak the formula to do that. That's why I didn't want to phrase it as a request to do, the fact that this sheet does all it does right now is amazing and I'm grateful as it is.
    ----
  • USS Dart wrote: »
    Okay, so once again I have to admit I'm an excel dullard. I don't know how to translate this into something usable. If I chose to add the big book tier to the notes column, I'd have to add a formula. Where do I add it and how to I do so in order to capture the entire column? I tried to add it to the first cell in the column, but since that's part of the header, excel wouldn't allow me to.

Paste the formula into G5, then fill down.
    SpukkZ wrote: »
    The reason this was never done so far, and why it will not be done any time soon, is that the big book tier is a subjective ranking given by fellow players like you and I, whereas the sheet functions on 100% objective data, i.e. the actual stats of the crew.

Absolutely agree. BBoB is subjective. I find it somewhat helpful in making crew decisions.

For any other excel dullards, "fill down" means to grab the bottom right corner of the cell you paste the formula in and drag it to the bottom of sheet. Then, click "paste special" and "formula only" and the entire column should populate.

On the debate regarding including BB tiers, I'm of two minds. I completely understand the logic of keeping the DNA spreadsheet as objective only. That said, my biggest issue with crew management is the load of 1/4s that clog my crew. If I decide to prune those crew, the BB tiers help me decide who goes first.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    fwiw .. i use the following formula in the notes col (G)
    =IF(B5=D5,(vlookup(A5,Import!$A$2:$I,9,false)),(iferror(vlookup(A5,ImportData!$A$3:$F,6,false))))

It will display the BBoB tier for any crew that is immortalized or the current card level for the rest.
    This helps me by displaying work priority for me.

And i use this formula in the Active col (E) to only mark crew of lvl 100 as active.
    =iferror(AND(vlookup($A6,ImportData!$A$2:$J,10,false), vlookup($A6,ImportData!$A$2:$J,6,false) = 100))

This " solves" the incorrect recommendations for me as the sheet assumes at least FE for that.

These 2 i crafted with help of examples to improve my sheet to display in a way that is more meaningfull to me personally ... but it might help others.
  • Negh_var wrote: »
    What I was wondering, is if the higher exact bonus crew had the 'event crew' in bold and the rest in the normal text as it is now.

You'll like a change I've already made in the upcoming version then; instead of saying just "Event Crew" the field will read "Event Crew," "Event Variant," "Event Trait," or "Event Series" depending on what you do on the Settings tab.

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    klobetime wrote: »
    Negh_var wrote: »
    What I was wondering, is if the higher exact bonus crew had the 'event crew' in bold and the rest in the normal text as it is now.

You'll like a change I've already made in the upcoming version then; instead of saying just "Event Crew" the field will read "Event Crew," "Event Variant," "Event Trait," or "Event Series" depending on what you do on the Settings tab.

And I think I have the Voyage tab just about ready to roll out as well. Getting close. hopefully with today's crew update.
  • klobetime wrote: »

That sounds like exactly what I need thanks! :-D
    ----
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairly big update being posted now.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    All crew are showing as being 1.00 in the version column.

Thanks for adding the Event Crew counter.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    All crew are showing as being 1.00 in the version column.

Thanks for adding the Event Crew counter.

This has been stealth fixed. Not sure what happened there.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated with new crew and added voyage update to include all crew at current star level but assumes FE.
  • @cmdrworf Thanks!
    ----
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi there,
    I have a very strange behaviour.
    Each time I sort the crew sheet by recommandation, a little time after that (5-10 sec) there is a recalculation and then the sheet is no more exactly sorted (not same recommandations, like 5-10 changed). Not the firsts of my list. So I sort again and ... once again there is a recalculation ...
    Endlessly.
    This is only on 3.61 and 3.62.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,
    I have a very strange behaviour.
    Each time I sort the crew sheet by recommandation, a little time after that (5-10 sec) there is a recalculation and then the sheet is no more exactly sorted (not same recommandations, like 5-10 changed). Not the firsts of my list. So I sort again and ... once again there is a recalculation ...
    Endlessly.
    This is only on 3.61 and 3.62.

@Mururoa which column are you sorting by. I need to try and recreate this.
  • Mururoa wrote: »
    Each time I sort the crew sheet by recommandation, a little time after that (5-10 sec) there is a recalculation and then the sheet is no more exactly sorted (not same recommandations, like 5-10 changed).

I think the auto-sorting function I added in 3.61 was a bridge too far for Google Sheets. It seems to take much longer to recalculate now, especially when loading for the first time. I couldn't reproduce your sorting issue, but I'll be backing out the change I made which will hopefully help.

• MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    Like I said in the message : recommendation.
  • Just a side note: copying the checkboxes is working again :smile:
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting new update with new crew added.
  • AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Interesting thing happening. I just made my copy of the new sheet, and I'm inputting the info...
    I put in Settings and Missions, but haven't input my crew yet... and it's ALREADY recommending that I space some. :smiley: If you have no crew, wouldn't ANY crew be an upgrade? :smiley:hfumttpifg7y.png
    Like I said in the message : recommendation.
    I'm having the same results, it seems, too.

Edit: I've noticed that all the ones that change for me are ones that do something regarding Voyage recommendations. So I suspect that you start there when looking for the root cause.

Edit 2: I've isolated part of the problem, and it's that the Voyage tab changes whenever you change the sorting of the Crew Tab.

Sorted by Name: 2c4pnucyvr5k.png
    Sorted by Recommendation: 2fh99n3l1ssb.png
    Sorted by Version: 4thz378xjy02.png
    Sorted by Skills: q77w5d9qscuu.png

Are there recursive formulas that update based on how the Crew sheet is sorted? And if so... why?

Edit 3: I think I found the problem, and it's on the Stats page: 6ac7p3bjl5aj.png

These formulas are referring to cells on the Crew Page. Therefore, if you re-sort the Crew page, then "Dark Ages" McCoy might not be in Row 5, so all of the pointers are going to be off and referring to a different crew, which recalculates everything and throws everything out of whack.

Edit 4: Basically confirmed this. All the numbers changed after a re-sort of the Crew page. I assume that other formulas re-calculate based on those numbers, which updates Recommendations, etc. etc.
    Sorted by Name: p3wnj8zlklu4.png
    Sorted by Recommendation: arnuc7awnz6o.png
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is up with the new crew. I have Picard Immortalized and he is not showing that in the Crew tab.

pikq9pvlqc1j.png
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AdmiralMemo dang. I need to do a lookup vs a specific field. I can fix that. I'll try to get that fixed today
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    New picard is stealth fixed. if you need to fix it on yours, on the Stats tab, remove the "!" copied that by mistake when I entered it.
  • I'm using the filters instead of sorting in the meantime.

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.64 is posted. Bug fixes and performance enhancements, thanks to @leshy for the assist on this one.