Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New release published. All crew through today have been added.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Ward SerpentineWard Serpentine ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Nevermind, I didn't realize that you now have Event Crew and Event Variant as two separate tags now...
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Thanks Worf!
  • Options
    [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, or operator headspace and timing, so I'll mention it here. In the past, if I immortalized a crew member that I didn't need, the sheet would give me "space/freeze." In the latest version, both Niners Kira and Zora give me a "freeze" versus the "space/freeze."

P.S. for a bit more context. I've had Zora at 3/4 since the last event she was featured in. She would consistently come up as "space/freeze." I'm not sure if it was the latest update or when I immortalized her, but her recommendation changed to "freeze."
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Similar in vein to USS Dart, I just upgraded to the latest version -- any reason why I have a bunch of crew under both Active and Need that aren't displaying any reasons of the "Reccomendations" tab? It's been about a month since I upgraded my sheet but that version (early April) had reasonings by every active crew -- is this a change to how things are displayed, or did I screw something up when copying over my data?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    USS Dart wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, or operator headspace and timing, so I'll mention it here. In the past, if I immortalized a crew member that I didn't need, the sheet would give me "space/freeze." In the latest version, both Niners Kira and Zora give me a "freeze" versus the "space/freeze."

P.S. for a bit more context. I've had Zora at 3/4 since the last event she was featured in. She would consistently come up as "space/freeze." I'm not sure if it was the latest update or when I immortalized her, but her recommendation changed to "freeze."

@USS Dart Space/freeze I believe is before being immortal and freeze is after being immortal. We did several tweaks to this logic. Also do you use the auto update or are you a manual updater as there are some differences there now as well.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Similar in vein to USS Dart, I just upgraded to the latest version -- any reason why I have a bunch of crew under both Active and Need that aren't displaying any reasons of the "Reccomendations" tab? It's been about a month since I upgraded my sheet but that version (early April) had reasonings by every active crew -- is this a change to how things are displayed, or did I screw something up when copying over my data?

@dext74 Similiar to my comments to Dart, we changed a lot of that that process. I suspect it many be something in your copy or somthing you need to add since we made the change. I'm assuming you do manual updates (like me ) vs the auto update. Can you share you copy via PM with me. I'll take a look then.
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »

@USS Dart Space/freeze I believe is before being immortal and freeze is after being immortal. We did several tweaks to this logic. Also do you use the auto update or are you a manual updater as there are some differences there now as well.

worf:

I'm an auto updater at this time. Given the amount of work that you and others have put in, I will certainly adapt to any changes. That said, sorting by "space/freeze" gave me a one stop location for freeze and airlock crew decisions.

Dart
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

@dext74 Similiar to my comments to Dart, we changed a lot of that that process. I suspect it many be something in your copy or somthing you need to add since we made the change. I'm assuming you do manual updates (like me ) vs the auto update. Can you share you copy via PM with me. I'll take a look then.

EDIT: WAIT! I had this post typed, but I may have just discovered the error. More on that in a minute... lemme try a few things.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

worf:

I'm an auto updater at this time. Given the amount of work that you and others have put in, I will certainly adapt to any changes. That said, sorting by "space/freeze" gave me a one stop location for freeze and airlock crew decisions.

Dart

@USS Dart I could flip the text to be Freeze/Space so they sort together yet. Would that work?

• Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, the problem with recommendations was on my end. I use some scripting in the notes column to sort by level and status. I had updated this to reflect the addition of the level column (which then shifted column numbers over)(I prefer the way mine formats and thusly sorts versus the way you have the set up to the level column - I love the addition, I've just gotten used to my formatting/sort order!) but I had forgotten to expand the sort range to account for the sheet being one column wider.

BUT, I'm stumped a bit - and this may refer again to Dart's question. Now when the sheet sorts, the crew marked as "space" are coming up before the crew marked as "Frozen" which alphabetically doesn't make sense. Since I didn't change the logic of my sorting, I wondered if this was related to the new logic you guys had implemented.

Here's a link to my sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cahz-XCn6WpxGPXJ-im4EechHsPVjtcL_aVt1DnogNM/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a copy of my sorting code, which again, all I changed from my last working version to this was the column numbers:
    function sortbyStatus() {
      var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();
      var crew = ss.getSheetByName("Crew");
      var range = crew.getRange("A5:O");
      range.sort([{column: 6, ascending: false}, {column: 2, ascending: true}, {column: 8, ascending: true}, {column: 14, ascending: true}, {column: 4, ascending: true}, {column: 1, ascending: true}])
    }

Appreciate any thoughts you can offer!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, the problem with recommendations was on my end. I use some scripting in the notes column to sort by level and status. I had updated this to reflect the addition of the level column (which then shifted column numbers over)(I prefer the way mine formats and thusly sorts versus the way you have the set up to the level column - I love the addition, I've just gotten used to my formatting/sort order!) but I had forgotten to expand the sort range to account for the sheet being one column wider.

BUT, I'm stumped a bit - and this may refer again to Dart's question. Now when the sheet sorts, the crew marked as "space" are coming up before the crew marked as "Frozen" which alphabetically doesn't make sense. Since I didn't change the logic of my sorting, I wondered if this was related to the new logic you guys had implemented.

Here's a link to my sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cahz-XCn6WpxGPXJ-im4EechHsPVjtcL_aVt1DnogNM/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a copy of my sorting code, which again, all I changed from my last working version to this was the column numbers:
    function sortbyStatus() {
      var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();
      var crew = ss.getSheetByName("Crew");
      var range = crew.getRange("A5:O");
      range.sort([{column: 6, ascending: false}, {column: 2, ascending: true}, {column: 8, ascending: true}, {column: 14, ascending: true}, {column: 4, ascending: true}, {column: 1, ascending: true}])
    }

Appreciate any thoughts you can offer!

I suspect I know the issue....

Here's the old logic.

=ifs(
    and(or(Settings!$G$38=TRUE,and(Settings!$G$38=FALSE,Stats!$AZ5<>"")),Stats!$B5>=Settings!$G$37,Stats!$BI5<>""),"Event Crew",
    and(or(Stats!$AZ5="C",Stats!$AZ5="I"),Stats!$BJ5>0),"Active",
    and(or(Stats!$AZ5="C",Stats!$AZ5="I"),Stats!$BJ5=0),"Space/Freeze",
    and(Stats!$AZ5="",Stats!$BJ5>0),"Need",
    and(Stats!$AZ5="F",Stats!$BJ5>0),"Unfreeze",
    and(Stats!$AZ5="F",Stats!$BJ5=0),"Frozen",
    and(Stats!$AZ5="",Stats!$BJ5=0),"Space"

Here's the new logic

=ifs(
    and(or(Settings!$G$38=TRUE,M5<>""),Stats!$B5>=Settings!$G$37,Stats!$BK5<>""),Stats!$BK5,
    and(or(M5="X",M5="C",M5="I"),Stats!$BL5>0),"Active",
    M5="X","Freeze",
    or(M5="C",M5="I"),"Space/Freeze",
    and(M5="",Stats!$BL5>0),"Need",
    and(M5="F",Stats!$BL5>0),"Unfreeze",
    M5="F","Frozen",
    M5="","Space",
    TRUE,"Roll the dice!"

The difference is the addition of the value of "X" which means FFE basically. I suspect what's happening is the sort may be using the value vs the text. If you truly mean Frozen is sorting wrong then we have another issue also. If you meant Freeze then I think this may be the issue. Can you please confirm one way or the other. I can always change the value "X" to be something different to fix the sort then.
  • Options
    I updated the recommendation strings as a part of adding the Immortalized concept. It didn't seem right to recommend spacing an FFFE member so I added "Freeze" as a standalone entry. (I also added the "Roll the dice" entry basically as an error check -- no one should ever see that!)

We could switch that back to "Space/Freeze" pretty easily, but like I said, it seems wrong conceptually. I don't ever sort by that column though, just filter by it. Sorting makes a good argument for reverting this.

Basically we have 4 categories of recommendations: Want ("Need"), Have ("Active", "Event...", "Frozen"), Change ("Unfreeze"), and Discard ("Space", "Space/Freeze", "Freeze"). We could add a 4th (hidden) column with these values which would help sorting, preface the existing recommendations with the category, or dumb down the recommendations to just these four. Or just make the simple change back to "Space/Freeze" and expect folks not to drop an immortal crew member. :)

In a larger sense, I was considering at one point trying to lose "Space/Freeze" entirely by looking at how close a member is to being immortal and recommending "Space Now" or "Finish and Freeze" concepts. Calculating the cost of immortalizing is tricky though and my workload has increased a LOT since the stay-at-home orders came down so this hasn't happened.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh don't change anything on my account!! I mostly wanted to make sure it was intentional and not a bug since I hadn't changed any of my sort logic. It's not a problem to train myself to look in a different place for those last groups. :)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh don't change anything on my account!! I mostly wanted to make sure it was intentional and not a bug since I hadn't changed any of my sort logic. It's not a problem to train myself to look in a different place for those last groups. :)

Its the community suggestions/issues/concerns/etc that we look for. This is how we grow this to be more and more useful for everyone. Please keep the feedback/suggestions up.
  • Options
    [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

worf:

Dart

@USS Dart I could flip the text to be Freeze/Space so they sort together yet. Would that work?

worf and klobetime:

Please don't change anything on my account. I can easily adapt. I realize I did mis-speak when saying I sort by "space/freeze." I actually filter by that. I'll just add "freeze" to what I filter.

Dart
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.72 is published. Added Dereth and fixed issue with G Burnham and M Burnham both being selected for the current event as being event crew. Made each name unique now.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something isn't working

u6yaczeln72n.png
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something isn't working

u6yaczeln72n.png
    @SvenLundgren Please try again. Google changed their sharing and I missed a setting. Thanks.
  • Options
    I actually already do this. It's simple. Add a column and then put this formula into it:

=VLOOKUP(A5,Import!A:I,9,FALSE)

I'm sorry to revisit this, but I pasted the formula into the Notes column and doing so turned the cell into a black box. Has there been a change to sheet that requires a change to the formula?

• Options
    I actually already do this. It's simple. Add a column and then put this formula into it:

I'm sorry to revisit this, but I pasted the formula into the Notes column and doing so turned the cell into a black box. Has there been a change to sheet that requires a change to the formula?

I just tried and it worked for me no problems. Maybe you accidentally had the wrong thing in your clipboard?
  • Options
    klobetime wrote: »

I just tried and it worked for me no problems. Maybe you accidentally had the wrong thing in your clipboard?

I'm not sure, but I pasted just the formula into the first box and it worked. It must have been me.

On a related note, it would be helpful to put the formula in the first post so that those of us of wish to incorporate it don't have to search.
  • Options
    erulin9erulin9 ✭✭
    The new Displaced Gabrielle Burnham has a hyphen in her "Jury Rigger" trait which I think makes it act as a different trait than all the other Jury Riggers
  • Options
    ValerianValerian ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi gentlemen, just checking in to see if you've had any luck tracking down the issue of the sheet recommending both space/freeze and a reason, such as for 1/5 FE Juliana Tainer being Space/Freeze and also Best 5* Voyagers: SCI/MED?

Separately, I agree with Klobetime that philosophically we shouldn't recommend spacing FFFE crew. Now, I was used to using Space/Freeze to see both FF and non-FF crew, and actually didn't realize the change for a while and wasn't even seeing the Freeze crew. The coding purist in me thinks it's better to have separate Space and Freeze recommendations, but having it combined isn't bad. Plus, those that are FF and can be frozen have a different background color in the crew name column so that makes it easy to spot them. I have a slight disagreement with Dart insofar as I'd encourage sheet users to filter on that column rather than sort, but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    I could flip the text to be Freeze/Space so they sort together yet. Would that work?
    I'm in favor of this change, personally.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    erulin9 wrote: »
    The new Displaced Gabrielle Burnham has a hyphen in her "Jury Rigger" trait which I think makes it act as a different trait than all the other Jury Riggers

@erulin9 This has been fixed in my Dev copy. Should be published today along with the new event crew.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could flip the text to be Freeze/Space so they sort together yet. Would that work?
    I'm in favor of this change, personally.

@AdmiralMemo Done. I was debating about this so this was enough to push be over the fence. Again, should be published in today's release
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi gentlemen, just checking in to see if you've had any luck tracking down the issue of the sheet recommending both space/freeze and a reason, such as for 1/5 FE Juliana Tainer being Space/Freeze and also Best 5* Voyagers: SCI/MED?

Separately, I agree with Klobetime that philosophically we shouldn't recommend spacing FFFE crew. Now, I was used to using Space/Freeze to see both FF and non-FF crew, and actually didn't realize the change for a while and wasn't even seeing the Freeze crew. The coding purist in me thinks it's better to have separate Space and Freeze recommendations, but having it combined isn't bad. Plus, those that are FF and can be frozen have a different background color in the crew name column so that makes it easy to spot them. I have a slight disagreement with Dart insofar as I'd encourage sheet users to filter on that column rather than sort, but that's just my opinion.

This is a big one and I've not had the time to dig into it the way I need to. With this COVID stuff I've been much busier working at home (not to Klobertine's level of busy though) then when I'm in the office so I've had less time to dig into it then normal. I've got some ideas and a few things I've been playing with in my personal copy (so I don't mess up the dev copy I publish) but its not doing what I want yet.

The other issue for me was I never really saw this as an issue until it was reported as I don't load my not FFE crew. I've been a manual updater personally and never adopted the import once that was added. This has pushed me to do a version with that so I can be sure my changes don't break more things relating to that though.
  • Options
    The other issue for me was I never really saw this as an issue until it was reported as I don't load my not FFE crew. I've been a manual updater personally and never adopted the import once that was added. This has pushed me to do a version with that so I can be sure my changes don't break more things relating to that though.

I'm also a manual updater, but I still have this problem. :)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version published.