Home The Bridge

Displaced Trait

Not a bad idea - though having something that all Disco crew will get automatically... not sure that's going to be balanced. Maybe they shouldn't get it after they have "settled" down in the future, like officially joined Starfleet there?

Also - seems like "Dark Ages" McCoy was kind of missed. ST:IV crew definitely qualify as displaced!
CABTools.app
Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)

Comments

• (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Ah. They have to get there unintentionally. I understand now. I should read the entire announcement.

My reservation about a Disco auto-trait still stands though :)
    For instance:
    - crew who unintentionally arrives in an alternate timeline, in the past, or in the future
    - crew whose intentional action results in them arriving in the past, or future, with no way back (Discovery crew is a good example of that, starting with season 3)
    CABTools.app
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    ST:IV crew definitely qualify as displaced!

Do they? The relevant criterion is "crew whose intentional action results in them arriving in the past, or future, with no way back".

They had an obvious way back; just had to gather the material.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    At the start of ST:III, McCoy has been sectioned, and is then kidnapped, there is no way he is responsible for his plight in ST:III and ST:IV.

Sectioned means declared legally mentally incompetent, and locked up for his own safety, or the safety of others. I don't know what the US equivalent is.

We have a nice little trait that covers S3 and S4 Discovery crew, setting us up for a nice mega event in April.

Big spoiler below.
    The trait will also include some or most crew from ST:Picard S2, at least the first part of the season.

I'm guessing that April Mega will be Picard, using Discovery bonus crew. It is clever that WRG thought of this trait to include both.

Well done Shan et al.
  • Now let's start the list of those missing the trait.

Laborer Kirk
    Laborer Spock.

They both willingly jumped into the portal, but the only way back was to let Edith die. However they were both "out of time" after McCoy had jumped through the portal.

Vice Admiral Janeway

Depending upon what part of the episode she is from.

Party Tilly
    Celebratory Ash Tyler

Both in a time loop.

All Data after Time's Arrow.

Skating (Warship) Yar, and other crew from yesterday's Enterprise.

Dealer Data

(He could be from one of several episodes, but Cause and Effect is one of his most memorable.)

Laborer Kirk and Spock were my immediate thought when I read that list, and by the same logic Spock and I-Chaya as well - at the beginning of AOS's Yesteryear its made very clear that there is a very strong chance that Spock will be completely erased from the timeline if he doesn't succeed.

Second thought was Vice Admiral Janeway, she absolutely jumped timelines and knew it was a one way trip.

Third thought was any Harry Kim variant post Voyager S02E21 Deadlock should also have this trait, as he is technically an alternate universe duplicate (Naomi Wildeman too).

I'd also make the argument for Temporal Agent Seven, and anyone from Voyager s07ep10 Shattered - off the top of my head Lt Naomi Wildeman
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    What about Rogue Harry Kim? He's from a different timeline where Voyager crashed?
  • (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, doesn't the entire Mirror Universe count as an alternate timeline? Anyone who accidentally crossed into the Mirror Universe could count as Displaced as well, per the definition.

More worms.
    CABTools.app
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Pretty sure Captain Lorca unintentionally arrived in the Prime timeline. It happened prior to Kirk's transporter accident, so it was a relatively unknown phenomenon.

Speaking of that transporter accident... Mirror Kirk arrived unintentionally.

Whoever went to the mirror universe in that first DS9 episode, though I don't know that said variants are in the game.

Maybe Killy. Unless it's the legit Captain Killy and not Prime Tilly playing the part. The real Killy never appears on screen, so I think it's a fair question.

Same with Mirror Burnham.

S31 Georgiou was pulled from her timeline.

Kind of shaky with the description, but fits the spirit of the theme, I think: Alternate Harry Kim from Deadlock.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoo boy, they can't even handle the traits they have. Should have just removed Temporal Agent and gone with a Time Traveler trait applied to all crew from time traveling episodes.

I appreciate that at least they gave us a concise explanation of the trait this time. Would love to have that for all traits for reference.
    #traitaudit
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Killy. Unless it's the legit Captain Killy and not Prime Tilly playing the part. The real Killy never appears on screen, so I think it's a fair question.
    It's actually Captain Killy, not prime Tilly in disguise. She has the Terran Empire and Brutal traits, no Federation trait, and a nuke. None of that is very Tillyish.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    It's actually Captain Killy, not prime Tilly in disguise. She has the Terran Empire and Brutal traits, no Federation trait, and a nuke. None of that is very Tillyish.

If it is the "real" Mirror Killy, she should be a Timelines Original, since we only ever see Tilly playing Killy. {And adapting scarily quickly to her role. "If you had spoken to me like that, I would have ripped out your tongue and used it to polish my shoes" or however she said it.}

Also, We see characters in-game a lot that have a Trait related to their cosplay when cosplaying someone. Almost every Klingon who is a Human in disguise has the "Klingon" Trait, for instance.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    ChaosChild wrote: »

If it is the "real" Mirror Killy, she should be a Timelines Original, since we only ever see Tilly playing Killy. {And adapting scarily quickly to her role. "If you had spoken to me like that, I would have ripped out your tongue and used it to polish my shoes" or however she said it.}

Also, We see characters in-game a lot that have a Trait related to their cosplay when cosplaying someone. Almost every Klingon who is a Human in disguise has the "Klingon" Trait, for instance.

But the absence of the Federation trait seals it. I thought the same as you about Brutal and the cosplay factor.
    Farewell 🖖
    Plus we've just had a rerun of the event where she was introduced. Her dialogue in the event was definitely Killy rather than Tilly.

We do see Killy in Discovery on a viewscreen/holo. That's what they base Tilly's disguise on, so she's definitely not a Timelines Original. And, of course, we got two full episodes with her in season 2.
    [GoT] Gabe wrote: »
    gmst7hbvkmhz.gif

Yes, when we get on to Sela.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Sela

There is no uncorrupted time line in Star Trek, so most crew could be included, with a few exceptions like Q.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also forgot:
    Gillian Taylor- She came to the future with no intention of returning.
    Richard Castillo- He came to the future accidentally, though they managed to return him.
    Tactical Neelix- "Year of Hell" crew, need I say more?
    Have to think more and see if I missed someone.

Determined Janeway and Resilient Tuvok are already on the list. Neelix and anyone else from Year of Hell belongs there too.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real Killy never appears on screen, so I think it's a fair question.

Real Killy appears in S3 of DSC. Episode “Terra Firma”.

Also it’s nice they added a new trait to fuss over.

It would be nicer if they added a collection to have something worth fussing over.

VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    The real Killy never appears on screen, so I think it's a fair question.

Real Killy appears in S3 of DSC. Episode “Terra Firma”.

Also it’s nice they added a new trait to fuss over.

It would be nicer if they added a collection to have something worth fussing over.

To be fair to the company, Killy was introduced in-game well before Season Three began. IIRC
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    They also forgot:
    Richard Castillo- He came to the future accidentally, though they managed to return him.

Determined Janeway and Resilient Tuvok are already on the list. Neelix and anyone else from Year of Hell belongs there too.

Jeez, yea. They only pick half the crew from each episode to include? Half baked as expected.

Krenim Guest Paris -> Displaced
    Krenim Guest Chakotay -> Not Displaced
    AviTrek wrote: »
    They also forgot:

Jeez, yea. They only pick half the crew from each episode to include? Half baked as expected.

Krenim Guest Paris -> Displaced
    Krenim Guest Chakotay -> Not Displaced

Nexus Kirk, but not Nexus Guinan?

Does Berlinghoff Rasmussen not count because it's before his means of escape was taken away?

What about Twilight T'Pol and Archer? That became an alternate timeline and I don't think they intended to be there.

How about Gaia Odo and any crew from that episode? (Love that episode.) They ended up in an alternate future.

Speaking of alternate futures... AF Bashir, AF Jadzia, and other crew from that episode?
    Farewell 🖖
    edited March 2022
    Nexus Kirk, but not Nexus Guinan?

Nexus Kirk was in the Nexus, whilst Nexus Guinan was aboard the Enterprise-B after being rescued from the El-Aurian ships, so was never seen in the Nexus during the film.

Guinan was also immune to time manipulation/alternate histories as seen in Yesterday's Enterprise, where she could see the "real" timeline, this was never explained in Star Trek, as was her and Qs mutual dislike.

I don't know whether Kirk deserves the trait, as it is unclear what the Nexus was doing, it may of been more like a holodeck simulating the same memories, rather than replaying time itself.
    edited March 2022
    Nexus Kirk was in the Nexus, whilst Nexus Guinan was aboard the Enterprise-B after being rescued from the El-Aurian ships, so was never seen in the Nexus during the film.
    Guinan was in the Nexus with Picard. You could argue that it was an "echo" of Guinan or something similar, based on her prior exposure, but then you get into a discussion about the nature of time and reality, and how that relates to the unique conditions in the Nexus, and that's a little deeper than I'm looking for right now. :)

Also, she wasn't immune to time manipulation, she was resistant to it and had an instinct for it but she could still be affected. Yesterday's Enterprise makes that pretty clear.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    There was an explanation of Guinan's hatred of Q. I think it was something to do with her people.

Edit: guess I am wrong. Tried googling it. Seems that is what I read, that, it was not explained.

Edit2: it was the Borg and Guinan that I was thinking of.
    edited March 2022
    Consistency:
    Resolute Chakotay - Same episode as several other additions: Year of Hell
    Warship Yar - Same episode as several other additions: Yesterday's Enterprise

"crew who unintentionally arrives in an alternate timeline, in the past, or in the future"

Fencing Picard - Although it only happens for a brief moment, Picard is looped backwards in time while in the exact pose his crew art is from - https://i.imgur.com/R27VGvt.png
    PICARD: Number One, did something unusual just occur on the Bridge?
    RIKER : Yes, sir. We experienced some kind of loop where everything repeats itself.
    DATA: Sensors show nothing, sir, but it appears a moment in time repeated itself exactly for everyone.
    DATA: Computers were also affected, which would indicate the phenomenon was not an illusion but occurred in real time.

Telek R'Mor
    TELEK: By your calendar, the year is 2351.
    CHAKOTAY: But this is 2371.
    TUVOK: Exactly. Our Romulan visitor is a person out of time. He is showing clear evidence of temporal displacement. I would surmise that the wormhole is a rift not just in space but in time. The unusual phase variance we detected was actually an indication of a temporal shift. We have transported him from twenty years in the past to our present.

"crew whose intentional action results in them arriving in the past, or future, with no way back"

Dr. Gillian Taylor - This outfit is from the end of the movie after she time travels to her future with no intention of returning.
    KIRK: It means that our chances of getting home are not too good. You might have lived a longer life if you'd stayed where you belong.
    GILLIAN: I belong here. I am a whale biologist. Suppose by some miracle you do get them through. ...Who in the twenty-third century knows anything about humpback whales?
    KIRK: Wait a minute! Where you going?
    GILLIAN: You're going to your ship. I'm going to mine. Science vessel. I've got three hundred years of catch-up learning to do.

Dr. Tolian Soran - If Nexus Kirk is Displaced for being taken to the Nexus unintentionally, Soran should have it for committing an "intentional action" to arrive in the Nexus without a return path.
    GUINAN: Soran doesn't care about weapons or power. He just cares about getting back to the Nexus.

Fury Kes - Temporal Agent could also be applicable here.
    TORRES: Torres to bridge. Kes is in direct contact with the warp core. She's drawing power from it somehow.
    JANEWAY: Shut it down. (As Torres works a panel, Kes zaps her with warp core energy before glowing brightly and vanishing.)
    PARIS: Warp power is returning to normal.
    JANEWAY: B'Elanna, report.
    SEVEN [OC]: Lieutenant Torres is dead. Kes has vanished.
    JANEWAY: Now one of you doesn't belong here, and I'm guessing it's you. Tuvok's premonitions were real. You're from the future.
    KES: A future I'm about to change.

K'mtar
    K'MTAR: I met a man in the Cambra system. He gave me a chance to change the past. He had the ability to send me here, to this time.
    WORF: And you came here in order to end your own life?
    K'MTAR: I was hoping that I would not have to, that I could change things, that I could change myself. But I could not. And now everything is going to turn out like it did before.

Temporal Agent Daniels
    DANIELS: You're in the thirty first century, Captain, or what's left of it.
    ARCHER: You said the Suliban wouldn't follow us, that we'd make it safely to the Vulcan ship.
    DANIELS: As far as I was told that was exactly what was supposed to occur.
    ARCHER: If bringing me here caused this, then send me back. I'll take my chances with Silik.
    DANIELS: You don't understand. All our equipment, the time portals, have been destroyed. Everything's been destroyed. There's no way to send you back.

Vice Admiral Janeway
    JANEWAY: Tuvok, there's something I need to tell you. It's very important. I'm going away and I may not see you again.
    KIM: Propulsion's online, plasma flow's stable. This device of Korath's, it produces too much tachyo-kinetic energy. It could burn itself out by the time you get where you're going. You wouldn't be able to get back.
    JANEWAY: I always assumed it was a one way trip.

Possible additions:
    Laborer Kirk & Laborer Spock - They do commit to an intentional action to go backwards in time and don't have an immediate return path, but Spock is able to construct a computer of sorts and ascertain that letting Edith die will "restore" the timeline, after which they immediately return to the present. Very vague.

Nexus Guinan - This could go either way. She was taken to the Nexus by accident and is unable to leave, but "Nexus Guinan" is an unexplained duality of Guinan who exists both separately and together with her other selves.
    PICARD: But ...I never had a home like this. Nor a wife and children. But these are all mine. Guinan, what are you doing here? I thought you were on board the Enterprise.
    GUINAN: I am. I'm also here. Think of me as an echo of the person you know. A part of herself she left behind.
    GUINAN: I can't leave here. I'm there already, remember?

Barry Waddle - While he could qualify for Displaced under the second clause as there's no stated method of return for him, the Temporal Agent trait is really more relevant here. He attempts to change history for his own gain. He's also missing the Merchant trait.
    SISKO: The bottom line is, we have to find Darvin and stop him before he has a chance to alter history.
    ODO: From what we've been able to piece together, he spent the next hundred years eking out a meager living posing as a human merchant.
    A Klingon Intelligence Operative disguised as a Human merchant
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consistency:
    Warship Yar - Same episode as several other additions: Yesterday's Enterprise

Great list as always. But I do disagree with you on this one. Warship Yar is not the same case as the other crew from Yesterday's Enterprise. Castillo and Garrett traveled to a different time period. Warship Yar did not travel through time. She spent the entire episode in the timeline she was born and lived in. She is more similar to the rest of the Enterprise D crew in that episode.

The closest comparison to Warship Yar would be Captain Lorian. They both only lived because of someone else travelling through time, but lived their lives in their own time.
    You're right that 99% of her time on screen is prior to her time travelling, but we do see her travel to the past on the ENT-C with no hope of return "We're going back in the rift, into battle. We're not coming back." https://i.imgur.com/eZZ4vgD.png and she continues to live in the "prime" universe and bear a child in Sela so it's not as though her existence is overwritten by the actions in that episode.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Captain Scott? He was suspended in the transporter and came out years later, even if it could be considered as being in his own lifetime, since McCoy was still alive.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*