Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't have Discord or anything else besides chat and we have to make sure we announce things like, "New Battle", "First Chain", "Last Chain", "Nodes Clear!", et c, so that players that aren't daily players can see what's happening. I usual put a note in the MotD as to hull remaining and where we are, for quick reference.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Short hand for Chain data in Game chat:

FBB Level : Easy (E), Normal (N), Hard (H), Brutal (B), Nightmare (NM), Ultra Nightmare (UM)
    Chains are Denoted as C1, C2, C3, C-4 (use dash or dot, else game censor will not be happy) C5 etc
    Nodes are N1 - N6

So a Brutal, Chain 2, Node 3 looks like:

B, C2, N2 options: Proto Riker, M-113, Mother Horta.

• Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Also increasing the number of messages would be good as a smaller "interim" fix. After you restart (which you unfortunately need to do frequently due to refresh bugs of various kind), there are only 10 shown, or some small number like that.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short hand for Chain data in Game chat:

FBB Level : Easy (E), Normal (N), Hard (H), Brutal (B), Nightmare (NM), Ultra Nightmare (UM)
    Chains are Denoted as C1, C2, C3, C-4 (use dash or dot, else game censor will not be happy) C5 etc
    Nodes are N1 - N6

So a Brutal, Chain 2, Node 3 looks like:

B, C2, N2 options: Proto Riker, M-113, Mother Horta.

We use something similar. But the messages get lost in fleet chat.
    Maybe as an interim, add a new "fleet chat" for "FBB chat". That way general chat can go into main fleet chat and FBB Chat can have things like "B C2 N3" so they don't get lost in the ether. It isn't ideal by any stretch, but it might help in the meantime.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    At least it would help to start the timer only with the first battle, not someone entering the "boss room" to look for matching chars.
    The Brutal boss should have its damage somewhat reduced, impossible to do with a medium sized fleet.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleet progression will continue to be monitored, it requires a more lengthy evaluation.
    The buff system should help, and will provide us with even more data.
  • Options
    Our fleet is missing the Brutal boss by a hair every time. Having the fleet officers start and manage the battles will make a big difference.

Improving the search and retrieval feature should be a priority. We guess and pull crew out multiple times to get an attempted match at a high merit cost. The node matchup should show both active and frozen crew. Ideally it should show that a crew has been tried by another fleet member. This morning I pulled at least 5 crew before I could make an attempt that failed. How much fun is that???

How about adding more combo chains with fewer nodes and only one or two traits so more damage can be done to the boss on the easier bosses?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 My fleet only has 18 tops per battle and we have cleared Easy and moved to Normal. We're consistently clearing 50% and sometimes 75%. A few newer players are still building their ships and Bridge Buffs will help.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    My fleet has largely stopped playing fleet battles. The active/higher level players are stuck at the level 7 wall and there isn't enough coordination/participation to regularly take down Brutal.

Maybe the update will rekindle some interest when it finally arrives, but for now it's really falling flat.

I have a feeling that this is a majority.
    I have also stopped at level 7.

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Fleet progression will continue to be monitored, it requires a more lengthy evaluation.
    The buff system should help, and will provide us with even more data.

Regardless some FleetBoss Buffs are 20% already, i can t see any difference at all, nor that they’re being a help.

Not saying buffs don t work, but to me they feel like they are pointless(make no difference at all), at least for Boss Battles.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 My fleet only has 18 tops per battle and we have cleared Easy and moved to Normal. We're consistently clearing 50% and sometimes 75%. A few newer players are still building their ships and Bridge Buffs will help.
    It's almost as if the mechanism was designed for progression over long-term gameplay. Huh.

<claps for @WRG Team >
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    It's almost as if the mechanism was designed for progression over long-term gameplay. Huh.

<claps for @WRG Team >

Until they hit Brutal. Then it's game over.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

<claps for @WRG Team >

Try it again with Vindicta Mariner. She's almost like a soft buff to everyone's ship battles.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Peets wrote: »

<claps for @WRG Team >

Try it again with Vindicta Mariner. She's almost like a soft buff to everyone's ship battles.

She'll help but not enough. We had 180m left today.
    150 Dil for 4 valor = if lucky 20m. I prefer spending it at the week event to get a 10x premium. (Edit: Or even better SR citation)

If we could get one Bilitrium at 75% we could get 1 each day.
    Would still take 20 days to complete level 7, let alone the rest.
    This would fit into the "Mechanism designed for progression over long-term gameplay"

Now it seems that the Captain Bridge lvl 7 and higher is exclusive for the big end fleets.
  • Options
    Brodie {DD} Brodie {DD} ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I know to be on the lookout for the duplicate traits greyed out in trait list, but suddenly I’m seeing instances of a trait being greyed out on list when it’s the Main trait of the node but also a trait in the list, but only used as the Main trait. This is new.

As you see Mirror Universe was the Node trait, but not used otherwise. It caused some confusion since it was greyed out. The crew needed to unlock that node did indeed require Mirror Universe. gnecucxg4qjg.png

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I know to be on the lookout for the duplicate traits greyed out in trait list, but suddenly I’m seeing instances of a trait being greyed out on list when it’s the Main trait of the node but also a trait in the list, but only used as the Main trait. This is new.

As you see Mirror Universe was the Node trait, but not used otherwise. It caused some confusion since it was greyed out. The crew needed to unlock that node did indeed require Mirror Universe. gnecucxg4qjg.png

It's been this way from the start. You may have just not had it come up, but I remember discussing this case in the first week.
  • Options
    @AviTrek, thank you! I had not seen it come up before today, that’s correct; but I know I’ve had same trait as main & list before with no problems like this, I must’ve been lucky
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    One of my fleetmates had this idea and I think it's pretty good.

With in-game communication so difficult, and apparently very hard to fix, in the interim why don't you (WRG) leverage the Starbase "Message of the Day" functionality, and add something similar, editable by the admiral and officers, to the main FBB screen?
    You could replace the leftmost battle image with that box. That would allow us to communicate with everyone in the fleet regarding goals (and other stuff, yes, but I don't really see a problem with that) where they will always see it when entering the battles.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good mews for all who were afraid that Bridge Level 14+ will still require Bilitrium I ... that's not the case! Bridge Level 13 will require 20 Bilitrium III only, after that it's Bilitrium II + III, but never again Bilitrium I, so Ultra-Nightmare does make sense. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Grind like there's no tomorrow. Just like all other features,
    whales always have the advantage
  • Options
    Echoing / adding my "+1" to some sentiments that have been expressed in various forms previously.

1) Are there actually any good reasons why a player who has solved a node in a chain is locked out from solving further nodes in that chain? This lockout just seems unnecessary and counterproductive.

2) The crew selection menu that appears when one clicks on a "+" in a chain does not exclude crew with traits already eliminated via previously-solved nodes in that chain. This is a significant shortcoming that can potentially confuse / mislead newer or more casual players, makes it more difficult for those individual players and their fleets to succeed, and forces a greater reliance on external tools.

3) Thank you for responding to feedback and giving fleets the option to lock particular battles.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phwoaaaar!!

Brutal's hard innit?
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Please fix the "green" bubble in the View button in Fleet Damage Rankings to accurately show anyone who has cleared 1 or more nodes in ANY of the chains on the current boss.

Currently this is inconsistant where sometimes it shows green for
    - only the last chain or
    - it shows last chain + last node of previous chain or
    - random nodes unlocked from previous chains + last chain
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its official, we are stuck and HOPING that the bonuses (whenever that release may show up) is enough to help us beat brutal. Without that we're done with the new feature already.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!