Home The Bridge

Critical chroniton levels

Exchange chrons for quantum.

I might hit the 1000 level, but not the 10k

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is quantum capped at 1000, or can it go over like chrons?
  • I'll be taking a pass on this one, it's way too many chrons for me. The crazy thing is, completing all objectives doesn't even get you one full retrieval (unless you're going for 3* or less). If they doubled the quantum and halved the chrons, I'd probably be very tempted.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh. I'll bite...
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • No nice way of putting it, this is awful. There's no skill involved in this at all, it's just buying crew retrieval stuff with chronitons. Why even have this as an "event"? If they wanted to set up some sort of an exchange that's fine, but events should be something other than just essentially making purchases.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sitting on so many chronitons emails, I'll happily do this. Give me all the quantum!
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    It's going to take some strategy to avoid wasting Quantum when claimining (1k from the milestones, and 500 from "complete all")
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    It's going to take some strategy to avoid wasting Quantum when claimining (1k from the milestones, and 500 from "complete all")

I'm pretty sure quantum can go over 1k. It just stops accruing. So you need to claim, then retrieve a crew immediately.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I meant to spend 10k chrons between two Galaxy events?

What even are we trying to accomplish here, other than prove that players can be manipulated into wasting resources?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Kanon wrote: »

I'm pretty sure quantum can go over 1k. It just stops accruing. So you need to claim, then retrieve a crew immediately.

Yes. It stops accruing if you hit 1000 and you get an alert in the tab that it is full. I think a yellow number before you click the Tab and an exclamation mark when you do click the tab.

Like Chronitons, collecting gift ones should exceed the max, but I would love official confirmation.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • thats a hard pass from me. Doing it will maake the next portal update totally useless retrival wise as i only have 24 stars left to retrieve and the portal update wont bring new crew for me to retrieve.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here I thought you people were spitballing a new game made.

This is the best thing ever. Until I run out of credits. Or chrons. But more likely credits. 60 Veterans here I come!
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • robownage wrote: »

What even are we trying to accomplish here, other than prove that players can be manipulated into wasting resources?

Yep. If you're one of the players who has a MASSIVE amount of resources banked, maybe this is appealing.

I can't afford the in-game resources for this, and if I try to I'm going to have no chance of placing at all decently in either this week or next week's events.

I am not a fan of this.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    imdwalrus wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

Yep. If you're one of the players who has a MASSIVE amount of resources banked, maybe this is appealing.

I can't afford the in-game resources for this, and if I try to I'm going to have no chance of placing at all decently in either this week or next week's events.

I am not a fan of this.

This week’s event can be problematic for some. Next week is easier when you could just prefarm certain resources.

I don’t spend chrons during Galaxy events. I keep stashes of components and refresh them when appropriate. I could probably finish in the Top 30 for both if I felt like doing the tapping (I don’t).

One of these OE’s combined with a Skirmish is more problematic. Skirmishes require you to spend chrons while the event is in play.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    imdwalrus wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

I am not a fan of this.

On the other hand, this is giving you 1.5 5* retrievals. That's any 5* you want. Depending on the event crew, that can be worth more than ranking in the event.
  • EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭
    I love this, the only way to make it more appealing would be a portal update before it starts so I can pick Chapel and Mbenga. I have more chrons than I know what to do with, I'll happily trade 10k for 1.5 golds of my choosing.
  • Edwyn wrote: »
    I love this, the only way to make it more appealing would be a portal update before it starts so I can pick Chapel and Mbenga. I have more chrons than I know what to do with, I'll happily trade 10k for 1.5 golds of my choosing.

they wont even make it in the next portl updaate, but you have to wait to the one after that
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they had done this last week when I burned 65K on skirmish for an 8th place finish....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more than enough to burn, so I'm in. I once had 140K chronitons, but I've been spending more and not being as careful about building them up, so I'm at 110K now. Still way more than enough. For me, the payout it well worth it. Plus, I have to do a lot of ship missions for Uhura, anyway. I can see why some new people wouldn't care for it, and I understand some people have different play styles from me and don't have my stockpiles. I still like it.

I do hope we have some kind of official word on if the quantum will go over 1000. I would hate to waste it. But even if I lost a little, this still means more crew retrievals sooner.
  • Where has this concept come from?
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    10k is for the veteran players.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    10k is for the veteran players.

Woo! I'm a veteran player!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Webberoni wrote: »
    It's not like I have anything else to do with my 470k chrons, and the cumulative return is decent actually fantastic! I'll just activate a supply kit and pre-farm generic galaxy event items, especially those from away missions that I don't focus on during a skirmish event.

- 19,500 ISM
    - 1,500 Quantum (nearly 2 free 5* crew retrievals)
    - 1 skill constellation
    - 1 rarity constellation
    - 1 super-rare polestar
    - 1 legendary polestar

EDIT: We could also overlap this objective event with the month-long OE, by working through a chunk of the 250 ship battles with the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 requirement.

Weird, my legendary crew retrievals are not free,
    they cost me 5m credits for every retrieve. 😜

Adding credits as rewards instead of ISM would have been nice.
    Maybe nxt time? 🙂
    •SSR Delta Flyers•

• Adding credits as rewards instead of ISM would have been nice.
    Maybe nxt time? 🙂

+1 on this!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    There are almeowst no ways to actually decently make credits except for the weekly 5 million credit for 10 dollars offer and the Caturday Cadets (with adwarping and doubling maybe 2 million total). Buying 120k credits twice for 100 dilithium total is not an option for me, the ratio is not rewarding enough at all.

So, I do support the idea of Zombie to include credits as a reward in the chroniton objective event next time. :)

PS: The question further above is valid and still unanswered and it's impurrtant to know - can Quantums go over 1000 or not? I don't want to claim a reward that goes to waste! Thanks in advance for a clear answer.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like I have anything else to do with my 470k chrons, and the cumulative return is decent actually fantastic! I'll just activate a supply kit and pre-farm generic galaxy event items, especially those from away missions that I don't focus on during a skirmish event.

- 19,500 ISM
    - 1 skill constellation
    - 1 rarity constellation
    - 1 super-rare polestar
    - 1 legendary polestar

EDIT: We could also overlap this objective event with the month-long OE, by working through a chunk of the 250 ship battles with the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 requirement.

Maybe nxt time? 🙂

haha I figured somebody would eventually point that out. I just assume the quantum is far more of a limiting factor for most players than the credits.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess most of the "advanced" players (not really a full veteran, just someone who has most of his stuff in order) use a monthly card and the daily quatum buy to get retrieval more often. Well, this is a win for them, they can save on that daily dilithium :D

I like this event, is a no brainer for me, but just once in a while, I wouldn't be able to keep up if this comes back every week or so.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

- 19,500 ISM
    - 1 skill constellation
    - 1 rarity constellation
    - 1 super-rare polestar
    - 1 legendary polestar

Maybe nxt time? 🙂

haha I figured somebody would eventually point that out. I just assume the quantum is far more of a limiting factor for most players than the credits.

I was sitting on 60M credits. I spent 10M to earn extra honor. I may spend another 10M. That still leaves me with enough for 2 retrievals from the OE, a third from my normal quantum accrual, and have plenty of extra for whatever comes up. I'm not doing anything special. I just earn my credits and don't have a ton of uses for them.