Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Officers & above starting FBB isn't live yet, any can start them. LL&P
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I would like to request an audit of Magnesite distribution.

Our fleet has all kinds of people doing FBBs; we have people who love to pile on the damage to help us kill it ASAP and we also have people who love to solve the nodes. Here is a screenshot posted to our fleet discord server from over a week ago from one of our node solvers...
    ckjxnzy0kxk6.jpg

...I cannot emphasize strongly enough how valuable the node solvers are, those folks do the hard work of creating lists, testing cards, clearing the nodes, and reporting to the rest of us which cards we should run to benefit the entire fleet. And yet the current reward balance turns their acts of benevolence into sacrifice as they are falling behind the rest of us because they do not earn enough Magnesite to buy the upgrades.

We have created a makeshift remedy by having the damage dealers slow down once they get over 60,000,000 to give everyone more time to get more damage in to earn more Magnesite, but the better solution would be to just rebalance either the reward tables or the build costs.

Or make nodes worth Mag. That would make sense to do that, but it doesn't help those that try, but don't get the node.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I would like to request an audit of Magnesite distribution.

Our fleet has all kinds of people doing FBBs; we have people who love to pile on the damage to help us kill it ASAP and we also have people who love to solve the nodes. Here is a screenshot posted to our fleet discord server from over a week ago from one of our node solvers...
    ckjxnzy0kxk6.jpg

...I cannot emphasize strongly enough how valuable the node solvers are, those folks do the hard work of creating lists, testing cards, clearing the nodes, and reporting to the rest of us which cards we should run to benefit the entire fleet. And yet the current reward balance turns their acts of benevolence into sacrifice as they are falling behind the rest of us because they do not earn enough Magnesite to buy the upgrades.

We have created a makeshift remedy by having the damage dealers slow down once they get over 60,000,000 to give everyone more time to get more damage in to earn more Magnesite, but the better solution would be to just rebalance either the reward tables or the build costs.

Or make nodes worth Mag. That would make sense to do that, but it doesn't help those that try, but don't get the node.

If you make the reward good enough it balances out over time. You miss sometimes, but other times you hit the node. As long as you earn enough when you hit the node, it's ok to not earn anything when you miss.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    How would you balance the earning of a node?
    If it is too high people will fight over it and make arguments.
    If it is too low, people will still hate it.

I wouldn't want to be in charge of it :smile:
  • yea its... discouraging.
  • Do the bridge level ups give you 5 copies of Demo Man Scotty or just 3? Does anyone know?
  • Do the bridge level ups give you 5 copies of Demo Man Scotty or just 3? Does anyone know?

Just 3. Then there’s 3 copies of Frantic McCoy at the higher bridge levels.
    Just three of him and three of Frantic McCoy. There's a table of all the rewards somewhere. You finish the Constellation and get two 3/5* Legendaries.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Just three of him and three of Frantic McCoy. There's a table of all the rewards somewhere. You finish the Constellation and get two 3/5* Legendaries.

Wow I didn't know there was another legendary. I'm only on level 12 at the moment. How many levels are there?
    There are 20 levels total.
    I'm sitting at 7 myself (the Bitrium wall), but I'm admiral, so I try to do the research to keep my fleet informed. I was a little underperforming in Engineering, so I equipped Demo Scotty and went ahead and dropped two cites on him. He's the new #1 for Engineering base and, as a fully equipped 3/5*, he's my #2 for Engineering base and is on a Voyage right now.
    Frantic McCoy is a good one for Gauntlet, based on what I've seen. Looking forward to him.
    I'm enjoying this new feature, but we're dealing with a "Mag miner" in my fleet right now.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, Frantic McCoy appears at bridge levels 17, 18 and 19.
  • EnderW wrote: »
    Hagbard wrote: »
    If WRG does not want to fix this issue at least make it so the Battle is Started with a battle so it costs the initiator a Valor and can be traced.

This is actually a really good idea: have the timer start with the first attack using valor and not when one player goes into the pre-attack screen.

This is a horrible idea.

This will only serve to allow captains who are either misinformed, mistaken, or , potentially, those with mal-intent, to start battles while wasting their own resources and being punished gor a tremendous flaw in fleet boss battles.

The solution is making it admiral intiated ONLY. Or, potentially allowing afmirals to assign a new fleet status badge yhat allows fbb starts.

To try and put any type of monitoring or who starts fbb or anything of that sort into play is so completely backwards it deserves absolutely ZERO consideration.

Please, PLEASE , do not empower wrg to encourage the isolation and punishment of players, who suffer from a completely broken in game message system.

PLEASE encourage wrg to fix their, to put it politely, half arsed-in came chat before blaming players for falling victim to it.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Would be nice if those of us waiting for our Fleet to all be ready for the next level FBB to try and clear more Nodes after we hit a Node or Nodes.

Why it is even a thing that once you find one Crew you have to wait to help others, who might have shorter rosters, get further along in the chains is ridiculous

EDIT: Is an issue RIGHT NOW. Someone has to retrieve one of the two matches {the other is not in the Portal} because I matched three Nodes in one shot, and cannot use the Crew I have, that we need!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or add "Crew Sharing" option. So a Fleet member who is "locked out" can "Share" a matching Crew so someone else can run that Crew.

Nobody should be forced against their will to buy a Neelix!

{Random Example!}

abynf4ipnpqr.jpg

Random example for you, actual example for our fleet. One of our captains had to retrieve Resistance Neelix just last week. Someone else had to retrieve Zyree.
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Or add "Crew Sharing" option. So a Fleet member who is "locked out" can "Share" a matching Crew so someone else can run that Crew.

Nobody should be forced against their will to buy a Neelix!

{Random Example!}

abynf4ipnpqr.jpg

Random example for you, actual example for our fleet. One of our captains had to retrieve Resistance Neelix just last week. Someone else had to retrieve Zyree.

A little secret about the post. It was not random. One of our people had to Retrieve him last night. Even though I had him. Because of the poor implementation of their set up.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    It might be worth changing the wording on this voyage dilemma, it could be confusing for new players.

yda2m8g9bxz6.jpg
  • I don't know if this idea has come up before, but we have gotten stuck on our last 2 Nightmare battles because none of us had the crew needed (or the resources to pull them); would it be possible to enable a re-roll of a node (or redo the whole chain)? If not, could a battle be terminated early so that we can just start a new one instead of waiting 23.5 hours for it to time out?
    Admiral: Women of Starfleet
    We are recruiting!
    Veepea wrote: »
    I don't know if this idea has come up before, but we have gotten stuck on our last 2 Nightmare battles because none of us had the crew needed (or the resources to pull them); would it be possible to enable a re-roll of a node (or redo the whole chain)? If not, could a battle be terminated early so that we can just start a new one instead of waiting 23.5 hours for it to time out?

I've suggested either to stop Locking us out after hit one or more Nodes in a Chain or let us "Share" a Crew member like in Faction Events so someone who is not locked out ridiculously CAN use them to finish the Chain.

I missed a Five Node Grand Slam that would have helped our Fleet because it was the final Chain the other night because I ignored my first instinct and did not include the one Crewmember that would solve the fifth Node. {The Sulu from the Campaign cleared two, both of which had "Botanist" showing, but I did not trust my initial hunch that he covered both and Chakotay was the Hologram so I tried nudie pants Edward on the second Botanist Node.}

It was a while before someone with Chakotay was able to use him. If I had been able to keep helping my Fleet, either directly by running another Node run or by "Sharing" the Crew so someone else could run the Node, our people that needed the FBB done could have been working on it sooner.

• Veepea wrote: »
    I don't know if this idea has come up before, but we have gotten stuck on our last 2 Nightmare battles because none of us had the crew needed (or the resources to pull them); would it be possible to enable a re-roll of a node (or redo the whole chain)? If not, could a battle be terminated early so that we can just start a new one instead of waiting 23.5 hours for it to time out?

I've suggested either to stop Locking us out after hit one or more Nodes in a Chain or let us "Share" a Crew member like in Faction Events so someone who is not locked out ridiculously CAN use them to finish the Chain.

I missed a Five Node Grand Slam that would have helped our Fleet because it was the final Chain the other night because I ignored my first instinct and did not include the one Crewmember that would solve the fifth Node. {The Sulu from the Campaign cleared two, both of which had "Botanist" showing, but I did not trust my initial hunch that he covered both and Chakotay was the Hologram so I tried nudie pants Edward on the second Botanist Node.}

It was a while before someone with Chakotay was able to use him. If I had been able to keep helping my Fleet, either directly by running another Node run or by "Sharing" the Crew so someone else could run the Node, our people that needed the FBB done could have been working on it sooner.

The lockout after getting a node filled is completely short sighted.

If there is a whale in the fleet with all available crew, why NOT let them help fill combo chains for the extra valor they will have to buy?

Wrg is limiting its sales on that one, big time
  • I agree on the Node lockout. I think that the best solution should be a cooldown. I think that anywhere in the 1-3 hour range would be reasonable. This would allow others to clear nodes which I gather is the intent of the lockout, but still allow it to be done multiple times and or on multiple chains if needed during a battle duration.
  • So two days in a row our fleets' Nightmare battle is basically broken due to a single-fitting charakter in a node that nobody has, the only fleet members that have him or may retrieve him had already filled a node.
    In yesterdays battle the member with that character was not online for a long time and when he filled the node it was too late for the other members to continue (was in third Combo row).
    In todays battle the node with Kukulkan was already in row 1.
    Please ensure there are always two characters available for a node or have this rare nodes only appear in row 5 onwards.
  • So two days in a row our fleets' Nightmare battle is basically broken due to a single-fitting charakter in a node that nobody has, the only fleet members that have him or may retrieve him had already filled a node.
    In yesterdays battle the member with that character was not online for a long time and when he filled the node it was too late for the other members to continue (was in third Combo row).
    In todays battle the node with Kukulkan was already in row 1.
    Please ensure there are always two characters available for a node or have this rare nodes only appear in row 5 onwards.

This is another example of how locking node solving is a horrible, horrible idea.

Hey, wrg, how about you FIX THIS???
    bgpswr4bo7ed.jpg