Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit (Mega-Event #4) - 08/23

Comments

• Options
    How has the new martok not have dominion????
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Definitely threshold and out. That Changeling Martok is way too weak at one star to waste a roster space on.
  • Options
    Nero84 wrote: »
    I think general consensus is threshold and out. No need for most people to even try and fight to top 1000 has they have given away Dukat already.

Will be interesting to see how many people actually try and compete this event for top 1000. I am guessing it will be rather low.

I'm fairly low on chrons atm and should probably conserve but I might go for it if phase 1 ends up being pretty light.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver linings guys. Ikat'Ika will get me to 25 veterans and the last collection bonus. :smiley:
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hunter Fleet Commander Martok and flip-flopped stats for unfused Fleet Commander Martok and Ikat'ika mistakes were mine. Sorry, folks!

The correct crew name is Fleet Commander Martok. The stats have been updated in that original discussion in Starfleet Communications.

Don’t be the reason we can’t have nice things, Riker. I realize the minutiae of DS9 is not for everybody, but the reveal that the Changlings had infiltrated Starfleet and the Klingons, long before both even considered it a thing, is kind of a big deal.

In short there is no such thing as a fleet commander Martok with two eyes. He either has one eye (in which case he is the fleet commander post Dominion prison) or he has two eyes and he is a Changlings infiltrator.

It’s someones job at DB to know this stuff. Right?

As I have not looked at his Memory Alpha page, was Martok a fleet commander before DS9 or at least at some point before he was replaced with a Changeling? 2* Martok could theoretically be a non-canon (or semi-canon) version from a point in the timeline before his first on-screen appearance.

Okay, before hitting Post Comment I read up on Martok and it says he was “commanding forces loyal to Gowron” during the Klingon civil war, specifically at the Battle of Mempa. Fleet Commander Martok could therefore be Martok circa 2368, well before he is replaced with a Changeling duplicate.
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Can we also point out that, this Martok, whatever his name has pretty Dismal stats? I know some of you are impressed by the art work, but that boggles my mind. He seems like the same basic Martok art with a weird arm ;p

I was hoping to go all out, in a blaze of glory to end this Mega, but thanks to poor planning, and no incentives at all, its threshold and out!
  • Options
    The Hunter Fleet Commander Martok and flip-flopped stats for unfused Fleet Commander Martok and Ikat'ika mistakes were mine. Sorry, folks!

The correct crew name is Fleet Commander Martok. The stats have been updated in that original discussion in Starfleet Communications.

Don’t be the reason we can’t have nice things, Riker. I realize the minutiae of DS9 is not for everybody, but the reveal that the Changlings had infiltrated Starfleet and the Klingons, long before both even considered it a thing, is kind of a big deal.

In short there is no such thing as a fleet commander Martok with two eyes. He either has one eye (in which case he is the fleet commander post Dominion prison) or he has two eyes and he is a Changlings infiltrator.

It’s someones job at DB to know this stuff. Right?

As I have not looked at his Memory Alpha page, was Martok a fleet commander before DS9 or at least at some point before he was replaced with a Changeling? 2* Martok could theoretically be a non-canon (or semi-canon) version from a point in the timeline before his first on-screen appearance.

Okay, before hitting Post Comment I read up on Martok and it says he was “commanding forces loyal to Gowron” during the Klingon civil war, specifically at the Battle of Mempa. Fleet Commander Martok could therefore be Martok circa 2368, well before he is replaced with a Changeling duplicate.

The Klingons were ridiculously feudal. ”commanding forces loyal to Gowron” meant Martok had some number (probably many) of ships under his command that faught for Gowron. That also meant that there were ships commanded by others that were loyal to other people in the empire. So he did not command the entire fleet at that time. That’s just how the Klingons did business. When it was time to fight an outside enemy they would fight under one commander. The fleet commander. That was not Martok, at least not until the Dominion war.

Gowron came from a lower house and if not for the Dominion war it’s doubtful he would have gotten a chance to be fleet commander.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    They should just change his name (back?) to Hunter Martok.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver linings guys. Ikat'Ika will get me to 25 veterans and the last collection bonus. :smiley:

Yes, I think his Veteran trait is the real value here.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

plus the 2* martok is also veteran!
  • Options

plus the 2* martok is also veteran!

Right. Good point!
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    This 2* Fleet Commander Martok is clearly doing the "Are you a changeling palm blood test." So he's definitely not a changeling, right?
  • Options
    I did an embarrassing amount of event pulls and never pulled a changing martok. Not spending any more money for a while.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    It's really frustrating that they keep giving characters that we are excited about terrible stats. Remember Kolinahr Spock? I was all set to buy the $50 pack offer to get him in the Father of Logic event, until I saw his stats. No thanks.
  • Options
    This 2* Fleet Commander Martok is clearly doing the "Are you a changeling palm blood test." So he's definitely not a changeling, right?

This is Martok from "Way of the Warrior", doing the blood test with Sisko and Kira. This Martok is the Changeling. We know this because when we meet the real Martok for the first time in "In Purgatory's Shadow", Martok doesn't recognize Worf, and only stats that he has heard of him. But Martok met Worf in "Way of the Warrior". Thus, Changeling. We can infer from this that the Changelings found a way around the blood tests pretty early on (maybe why they were keeping Martok, Bashir and the others alive in that prison camp? A source of fresh blood for the Changeling infiltrators?)
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did y'all know Kurn was also secretly Martok in disguise too? That's crazy!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I missing a joke here?
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

Kurn has been acting like bonus crew in this event so far.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

ahh lol ok I get it, I get jokes
  • Options

ahh lol ok I get it, I get jokes

I get references
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    I've just used Kurn on a shuttle and he's giving a bonus. How?
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just used Kurn on a shuttle and he's giving a bonus. How?

Scroll up
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be fair to postulate that a "Hunter" Martok may be in the pipelines for future release ?
  • Options
    Well, now you all are making me wish I had Kurn. He's never dropped for me.
  • Options
    Klingon Dukat was secretly changed to Gilora Rejal at rewards table.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Not sure why, but Captain Kurn seems to be giving a bonus on my shuttles. Ok, scrolling up I see some others have noticed this as well. How odd.

EDIT: the Engineering post about this says that they’re going to just leave him as a bonus, even though it IS a mistake. This is one mistake I’m ok with but still a bit odd.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Ah so Capt Kurn klingin' on to his event bonus ;)