Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit (Mega-Event #4) - 08/23

Comments

• Options
    Am I the only one who expected at least one faction event component in a Dominion mega event to have Dominion shuttles?

I feel like B’Etor right now.

This. I've been running Dominion shuttles non-stop since this mega started, except during faction events, and I still need another 5 0* Dominion PADDs to finish equipping my event crew.

Those Dominion Padds have a garbage drop rate. Just like basic ancient films from the Federation.

*cough* 0* Science experiment *cough*
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who expected at least one faction event component in a Dominion mega event to have Dominion shuttles?

This. I've been running Dominion shuttles non-stop since this mega started, except during faction events, and I still need another 5 0* Dominion PADDs to finish equipping my event crew.

Those Dominion Padds have a garbage drop rate. Just like basic ancient films from the Federation.

Odd comparison, as 0* Science Experiments aren't a faction drop while the other two are faction-exclusive.
  • Options

Odd comparison, as 0* Science Experiments aren't a faction drop while the other two are faction-exclusive.
    Sorry, just tryin’ To make a reference about how **tsk tsk** the drop rate is ;)

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Sorry, just tryin’ To make a reference about how **tsk tsk** the drop rate is ;)

I used to have problems keeping basic science experiments in stock, then I committed Mon/Wed/Fri cadets towards "Talk Less Smile More" on epic.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to have problems keeping basic science experiments in stock, then I committed Mon/WedFri cadets towards "Talk Less Smile More" on epic.

Me too... now I have over 200 and they keep piling up...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Although that is a true statement the drop rate is still terrible. The only time I don’t feel bad about the drop rate is when farming intel on Not a Drop to Drink.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Yes some did complain, I dont think I was one of them. I am not saying that db should have all new crew every event just one event a month. Many of these events with a repeat crewman use a repeat crewman that is very weak. I don't mind strong repeat crew that I could use another copy of but what am I supposed to do with 3 selas?

I wish they would go back to 1 event during a Mega event with all new crew. And DB got flack for that as many players did not have the slots available for all the new crew.

Well they do need to up the crew slots. In my opinion, they should do this each mega since we're getting a huge influx of crew, usually about 10-11 new crew in a month (4-5 new 5*s, 4 new 4*s, usually a new 3* and sometimes a new 2*) when a non-mega event month usually gets us 7-8 new crew.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to have problems keeping basic science experiments in stock, then I committed Mon/WedFri cadets towards "Talk Less Smile More" on epic.

Problem with me is I'm often low on both 0* Science Experiments AND 2* Security Codes, both of which tons of crew need. So I have to flip-flop between the two missions for those in my Monday, Wednesday, Friday cadet challenges and so for example when I build up a moderate stockpile of science experiments, I desperately need security codes, then while I'm building up security codes I often end up depleting the stockpile I made of science experiments. I feel like Sisyphus :(

It also doesn't help that the drop rate for 2* sec codes isn't that good on that mission. I'm usually out of those too, but I used the Polywater Yar event to farm Section 31 items and now I have over 30 of them. I've never had that many before.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Although that is a true statement the drop rate is still terrible. The only time I don’t feel bad about the drop rate is when farming intel on Not a Drop to Drink.

Rockslide on Elite, while not the best drop rate for Textbooks, only cost 1.5 chrons per unit more. (23% more than Assault and Battery, but it's still small change.) As a bonus, it also drops Basic Science Experiments, and Holoemitters. Since switching from Assault to Rockslide for Textbooks, I haven't yet had to farm Science Experiments independently.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Wish DB would do events with all new crew. They could have easily created a new dukat and everyone would have other dukats and thus would have event related crew to use. I hate all these events and packs with crew we already have so if you buy packs you get a bunch of the guy you already have.

If DB does "X": a bunch of people will complain.
    If DB does "Y": a bunch of people will complain.
    If DB does "Z": a bunch of people will complain.

They DO listen and have made great strides to improve, but at the same time they have given us some of this weird *mashed organic gagh* that make most of us scratch our heads.

I guess we just have to remember it's a dynamic game with nearly infinite variables for crew, and either live with it, or don't play.

I have a bunch of crew I rather don't care for, or just wonder why they exist, but I dump them in the freezer and play anyway.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I farm enough Sci experiments on the Elite mission on Thursday and Sunday, 2* SEC codes on M,W,F epic level.

And it's still the codes I get low on first!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    I airlocked all the Dominion Dukats I got because I didn't like his stats and didn't know they were gonna be handing them out like candy. Then I find out about the Dominion event... Oh well. I never liked the Dominion characters anyway.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

Problem with me is I'm often low on both 0* Science Experiments AND 2* Security Codes, both of which tons of crew need. So I have to flip-flop between the two missions for those in my Monday, Wednesday, Friday cadet challenges and so for example when I build up a moderate stockpile of science experiments, I desperately need security codes, then while I'm building up security codes I often end up depleting the stockpile I made of science experiments. I feel like Sisyphus :(

I have problems with those and with 2* IDICs as well. Can never seem to build any inventory even if I run cadets multiple times a week. Crazy Vulcans and their IDICs ..........
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some days that I get to 1hr or so before the day-reset and realize I haven't replicated a single thing. After asking myself "what have you been doing all day?", I find a character that needs 2* sec codes, IDICs, encoded comms, etc and replicate 7 of them. It helps, 'cause then you can focus on just one cadet mission for one of the other things. Of course, this only works if you have a character that currently needs said items at that moment...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I have problems with those and with 2* IDICs as well. Can never seem to build any inventory even if I run cadets multiple times a week. Crazy Vulcans and their IDICs ..........

It is Spock. He takes a million of them in all his versions. I HATE Spock's tricorder. Yesterday I spent all my replicator rations on those IDICs and ran a bunch of Federation missions and still needed more.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to have problems with Vulcans and IDICs but I haven't had any new Vulcan crew for months now so there's not been any demand for IDICs lately in my playing.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to have problems with Vulcans and IDICs but I haven't had any new Vulcan crew for months now so there's not been any demand for IDICs lately in my playing.

Same here. Kohlinar Spock is sitting at 1/5* level 1 and probably will for the foreseeable future, while I squat on somewhere between 50 and 80 IDICs.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Kaitee wrote: »
    If we're being honest, I'm not fussed about Changeling Martok. I'm sure his stats will be impressive but I don't compete at the fully-fused-legendary level really so golds are mostly character for me, and as a character he was just kind of there, like his Bashir counterpart. I kind of wonder if the plan was originally to do the Martoks the other way around - 5* Fleet Commander Martok, and 2* Just Some Changeling Mook Martok.

Still though, I'm happy people are happy with him, I'll be happy with Ikat'ika, looks like a good weekend all around.

I wouldn't mind that, since we STILL don't have a Legendary canon Martok (technically), though I assume at some point we'll get a legendary Chancellor Martok.

They should have made the two-star Rotarran Captain Martok, from the episode where he was afraid to go into battle, and saved Fleet Commander Martok for an eventual legendary.

But I've come to accept that the star variants of characters from the franchise often have very little to do with how important or even legendary they actually were, and usually just seem to be randomly plucked from a hat.

I love your idea, I'm just trying to figure out how DB would visually distinguish Rotarran Captain Martok from Fleet Commander Martok.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I suppose they would both just sort of resemble General Martok. He didn't have a very extensive wardrobe, unfortunately.

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish DB would do events with all new crew. They could have easily created a new dukat and everyone would have other dukats and thus would have event related crew to use. I hate all these events and packs with crew we already have so if you buy packs you get a bunch of the guy you already have.

I disagree. I like the existing crew slot being there. Can finish off someone or simply have a leg up on the event at the onset.

That being said, Dom Dukie might not have been the best choice for recurring. But hell, I'm going to be happy with the bonus seat on the shuttle.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was looking forward to seeing the new art today. I guess DB's not going to release it today like they usually do (at least I'm not seeing it at the usual sources).
  • Options
    Ive been looking too. Communication is getting worse and worse recently
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully just an oversight due to Shan being gone and it'll be back to normal once she returns.
  • Options
    Yes, I haven’t seen anything on Twitter or Instagram

Captain Level 99