Home The Bridge

Captain Killy Offer

Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Bridge
Did anyone else get the $25 Captain Killy offer? 1 Captain Killy, 1,250 chronitons, 200,000 credits and 500 VIP

qmucx0h77w9p.png

Comments

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not yet.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but already have her immo so no go for me (I have Rura Kirk for 500% so don't need 2 Killys)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes not sure whether to go for it missed out on her on the event but got yar and now disillusion by the yar fiasco
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed that it's her since I've got her immortal also... oh well
  • Ego DraconisEgo Draconis ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yes, I got it. No, I won't get (buy) it. Full crew quarters + not getting anything anytime soon in game. Plus, Killy can be easily counteracted
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too expensive for my taste as is.
    I like those $10/12 deals they've put out for 5*s before thou..

And after YarGate that's what they -should do- make it 2x purchasable
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I'm undecided. I need one star on her. Her ship ability is the big draw so a 4/5 will do just as well as a 5/5. If it were $9.99 (like other recent offers) or included more extras (greater amounts of chronitons, honor, etc.) then I would do it for sure.

Edit: No longer undecided. Way too overpriced compared to all the other 1/5 offers that included the same extras (1,250 chronitons, 200,000 credits and 500 VIP) that were all $9.99
    Yateball wrote: »

Its the "DB make up offer" for Yar-gate...their way of saying sorry.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • No. I want her and would have bought her about a week ago, but I am still waiting on a satisfactory response/resolution to the Polywater Yar issue before I spend any more money on this game. They already lost at least $10 since I would have bought the Yelgrun offer during the last event to FF him.
    I guess DB has a little less than 12 hours to decide whether or not they want me to buy Killy.
  • $25 for one copy plus some chrons and credits seems on the high side. And still feeling highly demotivated to spend after the Yar situation as well.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think shes more expensive because she's newer and not in the portal yet (I think, I've not actually double checked of she is or isn't, but I'm sure she was released well after March

Also, sorry, I'd have posted here first, I checked and I couldn't see a thread already started. Clearly I need to go back to specsavers 👀
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Once one of these popped up at $25 and they quickly fixed it to $9.99. Forget who it was.

edited August 2018
    Once one of these popped up at $25 and they quickly fixed it to $9.99. Forget who it was.

And they had to "refund" a bunch a people who bought at $25....I was one, I think it was Augment Picard but I can't remember for certain..
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭

Augment Picard.

But that was an older legendary too. Might be DB will stick to this price because its a newer card.

For 10 I will probably pick this one up. For 25: skip
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    This offer is hot garbage! All the previous offers have been only $10. I was all set to buy this when the overlay popped until I saw the price gouging. Hard pass from me.

Even a DYS is probably more valuable. Depending on the card it takes way more than 1250 chrons to farm all their 1-50 items.

What characters 1-50 items have ever been that expensive?

DYS would be much worse value
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think DB saw how many Yar support tickets and forum posts were discussing Killy and saw an opportunity.
  • Wouldn’t mind Killy but the price is too high!
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    This appears to be mispriced. 500 VIP points usually corresponds to a $10 purchase. Could DB confirm the price please?

Good point!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭

Its the "DB make up offer" for Yar-gate...their way of saying sorry.

if it was their way of saying sorry would it really be 20 bucks? ;p I would hate to see what they would do if they werent sorry;)
  • This is hilarious, DB doing there best to make up for lost money recently, throwing up an offer like this after the last couple of weeks of incompetence, as much as I want her, wallet firmly been kept shut until a suitable resolution for tickets is received
  • The offer definitely seems mispriced and is definitely a “we are sorry for Yar” gesture.

DB needs to do so much better. Do they like putting themselves closer to going bankrupt for continually angering the user base every day now?
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    This appears to be mispriced. 500 VIP points usually corresponds to a $10 purchase. Could DB confirm the price please?

@DealWithItJazzRiker Can you verify the price is correct? This happened previously where it was supposed to be $9.99 and the VIP amount does correspond to the amount of VIP earned for a $10 purchase.

• AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who actually wants to buy this offer (not me, no $$ for them, no way) should post this in Engineering Room, they seem to check there and respond there more often, although with Shan gone I'm seeing WAY fewer admin responses

Done.
    It seems our stand-in mod is staying away from bridge discussions after last weekend...
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have bought this for $12.99 CAD.

They can keep this offer for $34.99 CAD.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I might have bought this offer if, I wasn't already cranky with DB, but also If I didn't already have killy.. Its kind of pricey just to add a star.