Home The Bridge

Captain Killy Offer

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I bought the Killy offer because I need a Star, plus the extra chronitons and dilithium didn’t hurt.

Do the prices vary from country to country? I bought mine at $38.99 AUD.

And do the offer differ from country to country or player to player?

They vary by country depending on exchange rates, and by platform depending on the numbers/rates a given platform is using for currency conversion. Also the price in some countries includes taxes. (the US prices have taxes added, or not, by the platform provider depending on location)
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I bought the Killy offer because I need a Star, plus the extra chronitons and dilithium didn’t hurt.

It should be country to country. Because of different currencies.
    I would think they would be close in price. If all were same currency.
    Offers are same.

Did you pay attention to your VIP. It says 500 but at the price they charge should be 1000 1250.

VIP was confirmed to be 500 in another post.

Edit: the price you were charged could be an error. Most think the price should have been 40% of what is posted.
  • The funny thing is, they are going to make much less off of this offer than they would have. They likely won't realize the mistake until the offer expires and then they will have to refund/make right on all the purchases, so they still only get the $10, but will have lost out on all of the purchases that would have been made if they had just gotten the price correct before it expired.

Just because they had similar offers in the past at $10 doesn't mean that they have to be $10. The fact that it hasn't been changed and no post saying it is a mistake means to me that this is the price point they feel they should get for this offer. I wouldn't expect them to offer refunds.
    If this was a mistake, maybe they are being silent and leaving it so as to not have to give out refunds and can charge the higher price in the future and the people buying it will be making up for those of us that are locking our wallets to them.

I think you misunderstand. DB doesn’t give refunds because we pay DB nothing. DB has no control whatsoever on refunds because you didn’t purchase anything from them. You purchased from Apple or Google or Steam or Facebook. That’s who you paid and that’s who would give a refund. DB remaining silent on the issue means it is definitely a mistake. If this was the intended price they would’ve come out immediately as soon as it was posted to say that yes the price was correct. The fact that they have ignored it means they realize they made a mistake.

Apple, for example, will always err on the side of the customer.

Sorry if I didn't explain well, but you misunderstood me. I was talking about people thinking if they got the pack as is that DB would give them some dil or something to make up for the $15 price difference. Not getting actual cash from Apple or Google.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

Exchange rates obviously effect country to country price. The thing to watch is the price depending on whether the purchase is through Apple, Google etc. In your case, if you had purchased through Google the cost would have been $32.99 AUD......a handy discount!

I have two devices, IPad and Samsung mobile. I play the game on the iPad and do all purchases through the phone (Google).
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame they didnt offer choice of Killy or First Officer Burnham.
    Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Some offers differ, but this one is across the board. The price difference by country because of currency value.

Normally this price gives 1250 VIP points. I hope you e-mail customer service to get that added to your account.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Offers are same.

Did you pay attention to your VIP. It says 500 but at the price they charge should be 1000 1250.

Edit: the price you were charged could be an error. Most think the price should have been 40% of what is posted.

So do I spend too much on this game, if Im wondering why people care that much about the vip pts? I been max now for awhile, or you guys hoping they will eventually expand the vip levels?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Offers are same.

So do I spend too much on this game, if Im wondering why people care that much about the vip pts? I been max now for awhile, or you guys hoping they will eventually expand the vip levels?

No the VIP reflect how much money you spent on offer.
    Since it shows 500 the price should be equivalent to 40% of what you spent.
    For us in America it shows price of 24.99 but the VIP points mean it should be 9.99.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Offers are same.

VIP doesn’t make or break a decision for me but what they are upset about is you don’t get as much bonus dilithium for your purchase. At VIP 14 you’re looking at 250 bonus dil versus what, about 600, 650? Again, not gonna make or break my decision but some people do scrape the bottom, sides, and lid of the peanut butter jar

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The price may be wrong. It may be $9.99. They paid $24.99 but it was not US I think.
    So I do not know in their currency what price was.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭

Offers are same.

No the VIP reflect how much money you spent on offer.
    Since it shows 500 the price should be equivalent to 40% of what you spent.
    For us in America it shows price of 24.99 but the VIP points mean it should be 9.99.

Oh okay, I got it, great explanation, thank you;)
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the Captain Killy offer and was like, "Who the ____ is this?!"

*scurries to Google* "Oh, of course, Discovery! Never mind."

Not trying to hate on Discovery, I'd actually like to watch it someday, but I missed season 1 last year for family/work reasons, and CBS has chosen to withhold it from Netflix in the U.S. (the rest of the world gets it on Netflix) in favor of having us pay a monthly subscription to their online streaming service, the prices of which are IMO obscene.

SLIGHTLY on topic, the only captain I'd even consider paying $24.99 for is Janeway. She is my captain.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krigear wrote: »
    Was the agent Janeway offer a while ago 10$ or 25$? I passed on the daystrom offer and will probably pass on this one also.

ebbgpylawfdq.jpeg
    @ByloBand
    This was an offer we had in the past.
    Either you missed or you got it😉

• Yes! I was just wishing out loud for a Killy offer and will buy the DYC tomorrow once I put more money on my google play! I only had 1/5 killy and was still effective in arena, cant wait to see what 3/5 does (I know, +2 to her attack)
  • Also yall are making me very glad I skipped chasing polywater Yar. 😁😁😁
  • ImoklesImokles ✭✭✭
    I would have bought this offer but not at this price point. All past offers were at 10.99 EUR. As others have said, if the price was correct, it should at least have included more VIP points. 500 VIP corresponds to 10.99 EUR.
    There's a big thread in Engineering about it.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the offer, might have been tempted for £10 but £25 for one star is a rip off
    DB: Do Better
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    No DB comment throughout the whole day is laughable

This is the main thing that has angered me recently. I hate the strategy of ignoring. It's rude and disrespectful. If they wanted to raise the price to maybe limit the amount of Killies added to the game - fine - just say so.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

This is the main thing that has angered me recently. I hate the strategy of ignoring. It's rude and disrespectful. If they wanted to raise the price to maybe limit the amount of Killies added to the game - fine - just say so.

Well and Shan typically answers quick on stuff like this... no idea why Riker isn't
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

Well and Shan typically answers quick on stuff like this... no idea why Riker isn't

Riker may have been scared off by the pitchforks? I'm not sure. This forum can be quite intimidating I think.
  • If this experience is teaching me anything, it is how much we should appreciate Shan and the effort she makes to keep us informed and address our concerns to the extent she can. You don't realize how valuable it is until you don't have it, and it seems clear that she finds it important to say something in situations like this, even if DB at large does not consider it a priority.
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing this offer is killing is my level of interest.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the reason for silence might be tongues are being used to clean ones boots...
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Shan's job is to be the full time community manager/liaison. Riker is just a substitute who has other job duties.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Not trying to hate on Discovery, I'd actually like to watch it someday, but I missed season 1 last year for family/work reasons, and CBS has chosen to withhold it from Netflix in the U.S. (the rest of the world gets it on Netflix) in favor of having us pay a monthly subscription to their online streaming service, the prices of which are IMO obscene.

They have a 1 week free trial. Sign up for it and binge the series, then cancel.

• SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, if he's filling in for Shan's forum duties, which he is, he needs to respond to threads like this

according to the timelines mob, every thread seems to warrant "immediate attention". When everything is deemed a damn emergency, i can see why , if true, he'd want to avoid this place like the plague, especially when he has other primary duties.

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!