Home The Bridge

Captain Killy Offer

Comments

• DB salting the wounds of yargate lol
  • Being that it's 3pm at HQ and it hasn't been updated, it seems this is the correct price and will not change.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being that it's 3pm at HQ and it hasn't been updated, it seems this is the correct price and will not change.

Then they need to fix VIP. Something is wrong and it needs to be fixed. Looking at Daystrom, I'd say it's the price.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have offered crew for this price previously but you got a lot more for you money.

ztkwv97u6xgd.jpg

I think that came with 5 pulls of the event pack too

• DB:
    1caun35ddg50.jpeg
    n2uhrq1hn37n.jpeg

STT Community:
    i9yx5373wpy5.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing is, they are going to make much less off of this offer than they would have. They likely won't realize the mistake until the offer expires and then they will have to refund/make right on all the purchases, so they still only get the $10, but will have lost out on all of the purchases that would have been made if they had just gotten the price correct before it expired.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing is, they are going to make much less off of this offer than they would have. They likely won't realize the mistake until the offer expires and then they will have to refund/make right on all the purchases, so they still only get the $10, but will have lost out on all of the purchases that would have been made if they had just gotten the price correct before it expired.

I wish you were right. They might just send $15 in dilithium and say "thanks for the money, suckers."
    Farewell 🖖
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I think that came with 5 pulls of the event pack too

Yes it did 5 event packs, plus 5 premium boost packs as well

edited August 2018

I wish you were right. They might just send $15 in dilithium and say "thanks for the money, suckers."

Last time they made this mistake was on the $25 Augment Picard offer where they had it for $50 briefly. They ended up doubling the offer, giving me two of everything. 2 Legendaries, twice the event packs, twice the chronitons, etc. I don't see how that could work here because they can't give half a legendary crew.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I was offered this. I’m keeping my money.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
    edited August 2018
    Of course anyone who doesn't want to let the offer expire has the option of purchasing it at the incorrect price and if they don't correct it/make good, screen shots of all the past identical offers will definitely qualify for an Apple/Google refund.

The lack of a response from DB definitely means they are scrambling trying to figure out what to do.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    Much easier to ask the wife for forgiveness over $10 than $25.

My thoughts exactly.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Take the wife out to dinner, much more value in that and you won’t need forgiveness.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    Take the wife out to dinner, much more value in that and you won’t need forgiveness.

That's the plan for Thursday. Finally, have all four kids in school this year and my wife has Thursdays off. Thursdays will become our date day each week for the next 9 months.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »

What a waste of money. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Of course anyone who doesn't want to let the offer expire has the option of purchasing it at the incorrect price and if they don't correct it/make good, screen shots of all the past identical offers will definitely qualify for an Apple/Google refund.

The lack of a response from DB definitely means they are scrambling trying to figure out what to do.

The nice thing about going through Apple and Google for a refund is they don't have to report back to DB on why a refund was made and by who. It's, here is your cut of the profits minus refunds.
  • Like many others, I might've considered this offer for $9.99. As currently priced and configured, though, it's a hard pass.
  • Was the agent Janeway offer a while ago 10$ or 25$? I passed on the daystrom offer and will probably pass on this one also.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krigear wrote: »
    Was the agent Janeway offer a while ago 10$ or 25$? I passed on the daystrom offer and will probably pass on this one also.

It was definitely $10, I did buy that one since I already had Janeway. Passed on Daystrom since I didn't have any copies of him.
    edited August 2018
    Krigear wrote: »
    Was the agent Janeway offer a while ago 10$ or 25$? I passed on the daystrom offer and will probably pass on this one also.

ebbgpylawfdq.jpeg

• Yeah, 25$ is ridiculous. Not being in the pool dosent justify adding on 15$, neither do the chrons or credits. Plus this I cant even consider this a DYC offer because you are not getting 1-50 gear which is probably more valuable than the credits/chrons.
  • The funny thing is, they are going to make much less off of this offer than they would have. They likely won't realize the mistake until the offer expires and then they will have to refund/make right on all the purchases, so they still only get the $10, but will have lost out on all of the purchases that would have been made if they had just gotten the price correct before it expired.

Just because they had similar offers in the past at $10 doesn't mean that they have to be $10. The fact that it hasn't been changed and no post saying it is a mistake means to me that this is the price point they feel they should get for this offer. I wouldn't expect them to offer refunds.
    If this was a mistake, maybe they are being silent and leaving it so as to not have to give out refunds and can charge the higher price in the future and the people buying it will be making up for those of us that are locking our wallets to them.
    edited August 2018

Just because they had similar offers in the past at $10 doesn't mean that they have to be $10. The fact that it hasn't been changed and no post saying it is a mistake means to me that this is the price point they feel they should get for this offer. I wouldn't expect them to offer refunds.
    If this was a mistake, maybe they are being silent and leaving it so as to not have to give out refunds and can charge the higher price in the future and the people buying it will be making up for those of us that are locking our wallets to them.

I think you misunderstand. DB doesn’t give refunds because we pay DB nothing. DB has no control whatsoever on refunds because you didn’t purchase anything from them. You purchased from Apple or Google or Steam or Facebook. That’s who you paid and that’s who would give a refund. DB remaining silent on the issue means it is definitely a mistake. If this was the intended price they would’ve come out immediately as soon as it was posted to say that yes the price was correct. The fact that they have ignored it means they realize they made a mistake.

Apple, for example, will always err on the side of the customer.
  • Too expensive for my taste as is.
    I like those $10/12 deals they've put out for 5*s before thou..

And after YarGate that's what they -should do- make it 2x purchasable

Tempted, but not this week...

And I think the official term has been coined "Pollywatergate" :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I bought the Killy offer because I need a Star, plus the extra chronitons and dilithium didn’t hurt.

Do the prices vary from country to country? I bought mine at $38.99 AUD.

And do the offer differ from country to country or player to player?