Home The Bridge

Captain Killy Offer

Comments

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Chancellor wrote: »
    Daystrum had been cheaper.

Thanks for posting that. Daystrom also included the same extras. Definitely the wrong price point.
  • Elynduil wrote: »
    Am I the only one who earned Killy during her event to feel quite disappointed to see her be offered on sale this soon after?

*glances over at the pitchfork stored in the corner*

I placed top 20 that event and received 3/5 in rank rewards in addition to the one I immortalized prior to event start. I am not disappointed at all as this was over three months ago (May 16) and I have used both in Arena and Skirmishes to my advantage all that time.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
    I was looking at the other similar offers on the wiki and they have all been $9.99 for the same extras.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Am I the only one who earned Killy during her event to feel quite disappointed to see her be offered on sale this soon after?

*glances over at the pitchfork stored in the corner*

I earned her in the event and was really looking forward to another quick star. It probably won't be until Q2 2019 when she gets into the portal so more stars sooner is better.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Tuesday crew special offer I've seen that wasn't $10 was the Augment Picard offer for $25, but that included event packs as well (so one could argue it was a different type of offer). Cochrane, Agent Janeway, Daystrom - all the same extra stuff as this Killy offer, all $10 each.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I got her to 2 stars in her event. I would buy this for a 3rd star for $10. No way would I spend $25 for such a small thing.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I am sure their rational is that Killy isn't in the premium portal yet so she is worth more but it isn't worth it to me for $25.00
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I think post-Yar, this offer is ridiculous. I get that double your crew is $25 as well, but this is an offer of some kind, which usually denotes a deal aka savings.

I see none here and moved on. The $10 Legendary offers are the way to go
  • TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    Waiting for them to put it at $10
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking at the other similar offers on the wiki and they have all been $9.99 for the same extras.

Wasn't there an Augment Picard offer for the same price as this Killy offer?
  • Navarch wrote: »
    This appears to be mispriced. 500 VIP points usually corresponds to a $10 purchase. Could DB confirm the price please?

That was my first thought as well. If this goes to $9.99 after DB notices what I am guessing was some kind of mistake (either the VIP or the price, hopefully the price), DB may get my money, at $24.99 DB is not getting my money.

“With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.” Captain Picard quoting Judge Aaron Satie.
  • Wasn't there an Augment Picard offer for the same price as this Killy offer?

There was; but it included 5 10X pull packs for an event pack with it. It was also incorrectly priced when first put up (I bought it at the incorrect price and DB ended up doubling the offer for me as compensation when they dropped the price later.)

• No! No more money for DB until I see some serious improvements!

(but for 10 it would be really tempting...)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've asked for Killy on here before. I'll buy it for $10 and possibly event the DYC after. But it really looks like the wrong price and I don't want to deal with customer service. I'll wait to see if @DealWithItJazzRiker clarifies this price.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I've asked for Killy on here before. I'll buy it for $10 and possibly event the DYC after. But it really looks like the wrong price and I don't want to deal with customer service. I'll wait to see if @DealWithItJazzRiker clarifies this price.

I would also grab this for $10 but not for the current $25 with a $10 VIP reward structure. Just to clarify I won't buy it at $25 even if DB added event packs and upped the VIP given. Much easier to ask the wife for forgiveness over $10 than $25.
  • [SSR]Trollhammeren[SSR]Trollhammeren ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Would be my last star but the price ... also they Yar and Rua'fo crap is not making me buy this ...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m guessibg the price is such because she is much newer crew than the others. I’m surprised they are putting her up like this so soon after her event
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Let's ask @DealWithItJazzRiker
    Why is this offer 25 where all other of these 1/5 offers were 10 bucks
    Why no comment on Yargate
    Why such a lame explanation of the Skirmish fiasco

Anything else we need some actual responses on?

Do not wait for the answer, the other U$D10 offer are not as attractive or desired as Killy, simply for it's ship's ability.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I am willing to spend $35 (including DYC) if they change the price to match the VIP. I'm willing to spend $25 if they set the VIP to match the price. If there are no changes, I will spend $0.

How much money do you want, DB?
    Farewell 🖖
  • I'd break my purchase-fast if this were the usual $9.99 5* offer. For $24.99 - no way.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’m guessibg the price is such because she is much newer crew than the others. I’m surprised they are putting her up like this so soon after her event

Except that if the price is right, the VIP is wrong. Needs fixing in some aspect either way.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the offer, not buying it.

Hey you know how we took that nerf hammer to Yars kneecaps? Of course you know, there has been a lot of unhappy talk on the forums about it. Well we understand your frustrations and as a way of making it right we're going to give you to opportunity to give us more money and buy a Killy.

Maybe I'm just being overly cynical, I find that since I'm now the wrong side of 30 but thats just a slap in the face. Think about it: Yar (a character some of us got for free or out of a 650 dilithium pack) gets butchered but hey its totally cool, now you can get that ship ability for 25 quid!

No, killy isn't worth 25 quid, I mean we all know she has an awesome arena ability (hey heres a yargate fix: Give her 400% at 6 seconds instead of just castrating her) but going by previous experience do you really want to drop that cash only for that ability to be subject to change with no warning?

Dont get me wrong; I'm sure she'll sell a tonne...and then even more when people buy the double your crew offer to make her 2/5 but it wont be me. I'm not in the habit of paying for an apology and I doubt I'm the only one.

Wholeheartedly agree. I would have bought her at 10 before this week; she would save me potentially hours per skirmish. But the constant 'mistakes' and then insulting responses is enough. My wallet's closed to all offers and I doubt they care enough to do the attitude 180 required to open it again. That's the only way things will ever change.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

If they want to go that route, then the pack they released today (Founder, Weyoun, Kilana) should cost less than 650 dilithium.
    You would think DB would jump on correcting this ASAP so they didn't have to datamine all the purchases and "make right" all of the ones already purchased like they had to do last time they made the same error. Unless @DealWithItJazzRiker isn't in the office today.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You would think DB would jump on correcting this ASAP so they didn't have to datamine all the purchases and "make right" all of the ones already purchased like they had to do last time they made the same error. Unless @DealWithItJazzRiker isn't in the office today.

He made one comment today on another post.
    Does not mean he is there. But, he could be in a meeting dealing with Polywater, that is my guess, that started yesterday.