Home Make It So!
Options

Trait Audit Thread (new)

Comments

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Captain of the Queen of Bashir, the first luxury starship cruiseliner.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Now featuring Cabana boys: Trip Tucker and Thadiun Okona

I love your signature line. One of the more creative ones in the forum. You need a Parallaxan mud bath to go with the Trill spa, though. ;)

I’ll get one installed at Utopia Planetia
    New Topic: HMS Pinafore Data
    Trait to Add: Pilot

Rationale: In the scene in question, where Picard and Worf are singing -- and get Data to sing along -- Data is piloting a Federation Scout Ship. In that moment, which is what this character is about, he's a pilot.

Will add.

Seconded, and while your at it, since "Enterprise-E Picard" is the one at the helm of the other shuttle...?

Which could spring a whole debate about how Starfleet trains ALL it's officers to pilot shuttles. Just sayin'. ;)

Hmm I would say no about the Enterprise-E Picard crew card. HMS Pinafore Data is specifically from that piloting scene. Enterprise-E Picard is not.

Mambo Picard then? Since he has already piloted the shuttle to capture HMS Data? Or should we wait for an HMS Sing-along Picard? :D

I agree Enterprise-E Picard is more from First Contact, where Mambo Picard is specifically from Insurrection. (And specifically piloting a shuttle.) Oh, and they allude to Picard "taking out the Captain's Yacht", a bit later, which would have also made him a pilot.

Wait for an HMS sing-along Picard, or another one from a moment when he was piloting. Few of the crew are considered a pilot as a general trait. Riker is one, as his piloting skill was frequently cited. So he carried the trait regularly. But for most others, it should be when he/she is specifically using the trait. That's how special ability traits generally work in the game. . .

. . . but not always. I think they way the extended the Musician trait all over the place was a mistake. This version of Data -- he's singing -- should be a Musician. Other generic versions of him, however, I don't think should be.

Data plays the violin beautifully enough to make a Vulcan cry. He is a regular member of various Enterprise chamber music groups. He should pretty much always have the Musician trait, at the very least at all points after "Elementary, Dear Data."

On a related note, all HMS Pinafore crew should have the "Never Ever Sick at Sea" trait added.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maffster wrote: »
    This change has ruined my chances of competing the Augment collection. I had 9 immortal and RAF Bashir at 3/4 level 100. Kept thinking I could wait what could go wrong? Well. This. Very annoyed at the change.

I was in an almost identical position -- except that my RAF Bashir is only at 2/4 level 100.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Well, now that Augments is officially a socio-political faction, I have to say, it’s not much of a faction. Currently it has a total of 9 members. Lol.

Can’t say I’m overly happy about this change, even though we asked for it, simply because, as usual, it seems rushed and not very well thought out. An entire Collection has been ruined and now all our Bashirs no longer qualify for a trait this is very often used in the gauntlet and voyages. I’m not sure why, but progress with DB always seems to be two steps forward and one step back.

On the plus side of this all, someone must actually be reading this thread! Anyway, I mainly wanted to ask everyone a question. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Augment affair.

I was glancing at my roster while selecting for the gauntlet and saw Trelane and it occurred to me, should he have the Villain trait? I mean, currently he doesn’t but he WAS kinda the antagonist of that episode in a major way. Alas, I’m not sure about this one so I need various learned opinions. After all, he was also, at times, polite and entertaining towards the Enterprise crew. So, until we get an Esper trait or something similar, should he have Villain?

P.S. - Before I forget, I was also thinking, the female Founder should have the Cultural Figure trait in both her forms, just in case this wasn’t listed already. And Roga Danar should have the Engineered trait.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    And did you notice that "Covert Operative" Leland, does NOT have the "undercover operative" trait? Doesn't his title suggest the trait?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    On the Augment issue: now that "augment" is the political faction, Erik Soong and Marla McGivers should have that trait.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    And did you notice that "Covert Operative" Leland, does NOT have the "undercover operative" trait? Doesn't his title suggest the trait?

It’s just DB DBing as usual :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

I feel like we had a broader discussion on "Undercover Operative" vs. "Spy" a while back. This one needs sorting. My view is that "spy" is those who are professionally in the espionage business -- like Luther Sloan, Agent Harris, Leland, Enabran Tain, and Bashir, Julian Bashir -- while "Undercover Operative" is those who are in an undercover role specifically as that variant of a character -- like Undercover O'Brien, Romulan Picard, Professor Scott, Changeling Bashir, Commando Crusher, and Mintakan Troi (among many others).

On occasion a crew member might have both traits. Ensign Seska, for example, is a trained spy in an undercover role. Kazon Seska, however, is no longer undercover and should only have the spy trait.
  • Options
    My two previous posts made me realize there are two potential Augment Undercover Operatives that could be added to the game -- Regula I Chekov and Terrell from when they were under Khan's control. One of the items to equip could be those wrist communications devices.
  • Options
    On the Augment issue: now that "augment" is the political faction, Erik Soong and Marla McGivers should have that trait.

You’re totally right. I had thought about Erik yesterday but forgot to include him in my previous rant.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, Robert April appears to be missing the Federation trait.
  • Options
    Tieran Possessed Kes should have the following traits: Ilari (tieran's race), Tactician,Telekinetic, and Royal (Autarch was a hereditary absolute-ruler title)
  • Options
    Tieran Possessed Kes should have the following traits: Ilari (tieran's race), Tactician,Telekinetic, and Royal (Autarch was a hereditary absolute-ruler title)

Will add, all of these are true. Telekinetic is one that I've already put in here.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
  • Options
    New Trait for Kirk: Judo Hands of Death

fsb02xqxrezu.png

When James R. Kirk is added to the game, this is a MUST!
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two previous posts made me realize there are two potential Augment Undercover Operatives that could be added to the game -- Regula I Chekov and Terrell from when they were under Khan's control. One of the items to equip could be those wrist communications devices.

Well, I just realized that I need an EV Suit Chekov with that trait and art from this scene:

qjmewcevnw6h.png
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

Will add, all of these are true. Telekinetic is one that I've already put in here.

Botanist might be appropriate as well...that part of Kes did express itself in the merged personality
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I noticed that Augment was also changed to Augment(s) plural to repressent the political faction. Good move. Of course, Augment-supporters such as McGivers and Soong need this trait now.

It is entirely appreciate and makes since for "engineered" to represnt everything from ambitious Khan-style Augments to Federation citizens who happen to be augmented (Bashir & Sarina) to whatever is going on with the cyborg lady (i havent seen DSC beyond the pilot yet)

Roga Danar, who instigated this whole thing, currently lacks both traits. He certainly needs Engineered as well
  • Options
    Well it's official the first post has now grown too long, so I had to move some of them to the second post in the thread.

Since the first post has now grown too long for the forum's post length, this should be a MASSIVE HINT to DB to GET ON FIXING THESE TRAITS!!!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    On another note, Robert April appears to be missing the Federation trait.

I thought it might be a TAS thing, I looked at Thelien, and he is Federation. Lt Arex though does not have the Federation tag. Though, we could presume that Edosian's are not officially a Federation world. But that is not the case for April.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    I noticed that Augment was also changed to Augment(s) plural to repressent the political faction. Good move. Of course, Augment-supporters such as McGivers and Soong need this trait now.

It is entirely appreciate and makes since for "engineered" to represnt everything from ambitious Khan-style Augments to Federation citizens who happen to be augmented (Bashir & Sarina) to whatever is going on with the cyborg lady (i havent seen DSC beyond the pilot yet)

Roga Danar, who instigated this whole thing, currently lacks both traits. He certainly needs Engineered as well

I agree with Roga needing engineered trait, but definitely NOT Augment trait.

I always thought they should change the faction name "Augments" to "Augment Rebellion" or some such name to incorporate supporters like McGivers, et al.

And as Stamets refers to himself as "Augmented", he needs to have the Augment/engineered trait, or we need a new "Navigator Stamets" which would absolutely support the trait.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should Icheb have engineered trait he was genetically altered from birth to infect the Borg.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Should Icheb have engineered trait he was genetically altered from birth to infect the Borg.

This is actually an excellent question and I’d argue yes
  • Options

Well now... Doesn't that just open Seven cans of worms!
  • Options

How so?
  • Options

I don’t think Seven or any of the Borg fall into the Engineered category except maybe Icheb, but concerning a similar thought train, I’d say that they should make a new trait called Cybernetic or Cyborg and give it to all the Borg as well as a few other people, like Tuxedo Nog. To differentiate between being genetically, chemically, and mentally altered and just having some artificial limbs or whatnot. Obviously Geordi would also fall into this category since he has cybernetic eyes.
  • Options

I don’t think Seven or any of the Borg fall into the Engineered category except maybe Icheb, but concerning a similar thought train, I’d say that they should make a new trait called Cybernetic or Cyborg and give it to all the Borg as well as a few other people, like Tuxedo Nog. To differentiate between being genetically, chemically, and mentally altered and just having some artificial limbs or whatnot. Obviously Geordi would also fall into this category since he has cybernetic eyes.

I'm not sure if it's really even necessary.
  • Options

I'm not sure if it's really even necessary.

It’s probably not necessary but a lot of traits, Casual for instance, aren’t necessary, but they certainly enhance the characteristics of all the various crew. DB could have simplified everything by just giving augmented people like Roga Danar the trait Augment, but instead they split it and we now have Engineered. The same applies here. I think a further split, creating a better definition of HOW someone is enhanced is a good idea, and overall, not extraneous material.
  • Options

Then does Picard get that trait because of his artificial heart? This seems like a slippery slope of a trait.
  • Options

Then does Picard get that trait because of his artificial heart? This seems like a slippery slope of a trait.

Exactly.
  • Options
    DB has created all kinds of slippery slope type traits and that doesn’t stop them from using them on some characters and not on others. This would just be another example of that. No to Picard but yes to Seven or Geordi.