Options

Trait Audit Thread (new)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Mirror Bones is missing Interrogator

Disco Season 3 episode 11 Terra Firma Part 2 spoiler:
    Killy needs Interrogator too
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this thread still being maintained? I just noticed the last edit on the main post was in 2019....

If you are still interested in currating the thread, then I recommend copying the first two posts here. Then I would start a new document on your device and paste the messages into that. Then comb through here for updates. (Optional) Set some standards and and maybe type those out too. Then come back here and start your own thread. Lead with an introduction, then standards if you set any. Then I would make the next three posts your list, then add one more post for future use. Last, request that Shan un-pin this thread and pin yours.

And one trait that I happened to notice:
    Va'harai Saru should get the Evolved trait.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    @Prime Lorca [10FH] I would be interested, but quite busy with life right now, perhaps we can revisit this subject at a later date? :lol:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    @Prime Lorca [10FH] I would be interested, but quite busy with life right now, perhaps we can revisit this subject at a later date? :lol:

It's all voluntary. :) I'm sure you can re-visit later. If someone else takes over in the meantime, you can offer to lend a hand. If it were me, I'd love to have help.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

It's all voluntary. :) I'm sure you can re-visit later. If someone else takes over in the meantime, you can offer to lend a hand. If it were me, I'd love to have help.

Does that mean you are volunteering to help? :wink:

Captain Level 99

• Options

Uh... let's just say that my passions lie elsewhere. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Uh... let's just say that my passions lie elsewhere. :)

Haha fair enough :smiley:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Discovery was the centerpiece of the Klingon war. Definitely deserves the war veteran trait.
  • Options
    Lt. Commander Dexter Remmick has the Civilian trait. He should not and it should instead be replaced by the Starfleet trait. Not only does he have the rank, but he’s in a frickin’ uniform. Also, if you watch the episode this crew is based on you will see he’s definitely part of Starfleet. How the heck did they manage to screw this one up? This was a no brainer.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    BresusBresus ✭✭✭
    One crew trait that has always confused me is Marla McGivers with "tactician". In the episode she is just manipulated by Kahn and doesn't do anything remotely tactical.
  • Options
    Bresus wrote: »
    One crew trait that has always confused me is Marla McGivers with "tactician". In the episode she is just manipulated by Kahn and doesn't do anything remotely tactical.

I'm still wondering where her engineering came from.
  • Options
    Bresus wrote: »

I'm still wondering where her engineering came from.

It’s their way of making up her career as a historian :wink:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Why is Emperor Georgiou not a Cultural Figure?
  • Options
    Governor Worf and Shinzon should have Politician.
  • Options
    Ishan Chaye Sisko should be Human. I know it was Sisko's consciousness inside a projected version of a Bajoran in a psychic link, but it's a Human consciousness in there, so it fits.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new “Tribble” trait, shouldn’t these crew have the trait?

Barry Waddle
    Arne Darvin
    Tribble Herder Scotty

And to a lesser extent...

Edward Larkin
  • Options
    IneffybleIneffyble ✭✭✭
    With the new “Tribble” trait, shouldn’t these crew have the trait?

Captain Lucero
    Trader Odo
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Variants of Hoshi Sato should have the gambler trait. She got in trouble for running a poker game during training.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    BG Robinson is missing the Casual trait.
  • Options
    Tribble Kirk is missing Romantic, Inspiring and Explorer,

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Pretty sure the Protomorphosis characters should have Survivalist

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've fallen behind so there may be some redundancy with previous posts:
    • Adhar Ru'afo - Ba'ku.
    • Admiral Cartwright - Crafty. It seems to be a catch-all for duplicitous back-stabbers.
    • Alexander Rozhenko - Engineered. It's heavily implied in game text that this version of him has undergone genetic engineering and hooked up with the Augments. Also: Add to Timelines' Originals.
    • Away Team Saru - Communicator. He was the only one in direct contact with the Aurora Borealis of whatever planet that was, and the liaison with the crew.
    • Barry Waddle - Temporal Agent. He purposely went into the past to alter history.
    • Bashir, Julian Bashir - Hero. Can't tell me Garak, Elim Garak--the sidekick--is a Hero but not Julian.
    • Benny Russell - Maverick. Did you see the episode?
    • Borg Queen - Romantic. Yeah, she's using sex to manipulate Data, but Navaar, Maras, and D'Nesh have the trait for their seductive attempts, too. (And honestly, I think the Queen really was into Data.)
    • Captain Picard Day Picard - Cultural Figure. HE HAS HIS OWN DAY.
    • Captain Pike - Duelist - Home skillet has a sword an shield and is fighting to the death. Also Prisoner, as we see this scene within the context of his captivity by the Talosians. However, and argument can be made that it was a recreation of an event that took place prior to his captivity. I'm not committed to this one.
    • Captain Spock - Diplomat. They revoked his Special Envoy trait but didn't replace it with anything to acknowledge his role in brokering the Khitomer Accords.
    • Chancellor Gorkon - Inspiring and Maverick. He bucked conventional Klingon impulse to go to war, and he persuaded enough of them to follow him to the negotiating table.
    • Commander Troi - Temporal Agent. She's from the future, intervening in the past that's already been intervened with.
    • Commodore Oh - Tactician. She played the long game. A very long game.
    • Conflicted Sisko - Criminal. He isn't busted, but he confesses his crimes openly.
    • Dancing Uhura - Prisoner. If she's to be inspired by "Plato's Stepchildren", anyway.
    • Decoy Kira - Thief. At minimum, she's an accomplice but we're not that pedantic.
    • Detective Data - Cultural Figure. He counts as one as Scrooge, and Holmes is definitely on that level.
    • Determined Janeway - The only reason her crew held it together as long as they did was that she inspired them.
    • Enabran Tain - Brutal. He had his own son torture his friend just to earn back some trust. Tactician. Granted, a short-sighted one duped by the Dominion, but still.
    • First Officer Burnham - Crafty. It seems to be a catch-all for sneaky, duplicitous, back-stabbers.
    • Frank Hollander - Duelist. HE IS LITERALLY DUELING.
    • Garth of Izar - Crafty and Tactician. He orchestrated an elaborate jailbreak and double-crossed his own people.
    • General Chang - Crafty. Conspired to betray his own chancellor.
    • Grand Nagus Rom - A true revolutionary who intended to implement massive, sweeping changes.
    • Heist Bashir - Criminal and/or Thief. I mean... c'mon. Look at that name.
    • Kal-if-fee Kirk - Desperate. He was in a fight to the death with his best friend, whom he wanted to find some way of saving.
    • Klingon West - Marksman. Dude had his target lined up from a window well across the auditorium.
    • Laborer Kirk - Temporal Agent. See: Commander Troi.
    • Locutus of Borg - Communicator. The whole point of assimilating Picard was to have a spokesman for the Borg. Prisoner - He was definitely abducted and held involuntarily.
    • Mirror Intendant Kira - Crafty. There was no back into which she wouldn't plunge a knife--even if she'd been kissing it the moment before.
    • New Eden Pike - Diplomat and/or Undercover Operative. He started off trying to make first contact without making first contact.
    • Picard and Number One - Good Boy. Not an existing trait, but should be. See also: Archer and Porthos.
    • Queen Guinevere Kira - Cultural Figure. I shouldn't need to defend Guinevere's cultural legacy.
    • Queen Po - Pilot. She flies he own combat fighter during a massive battle. Definitely a step up from mere shuttle conductor.
    • Quinn - Cultural Figure. According to Q, no one shook up the entire Continuum like Quinn.
    • The Red Angel - Temporal Agent. 'Cause, uh, spoilers.
    • Rura Penthe Commandant - Craft or Tactician. He had Kirk and McCoy set up before they even got there.
    • Saboteur Garak - Tactician. My man was playing chess while Sisko and Tolar were playing checkers.
    • Soren - Maverick. She was betrayed by her society (and the episode), but she definitely took a defiant stand for individuality.
    • Sulan - Desperate. He's a Vidiian. He abducted Torres and committed genetic experiments against her will.
    • Surak - Survivalist. It doesn't matter what the stats or odds, that [redacted] always survives my crew in the Gauntlet.
    • Tempted Data - Crafty - He set up the Borg Queen for a timely betrayal. Romantic. See: Borg Queen.
    • Torpedo Surgeon McCoy - Nurse. Spock did invite him to assist in performing surgery on a torpedo. This would obviously just be an Easter egg trait.
    • Tosk - Resourceful and/or Tactician. He managed to stay ahead of his hunters.
    • Trelane - Duelist. Kirk dupes him into one, whereupon he schools Trelane. Would happily accept a different Duelist Trelane.
    • Usurper Lorca - Tactician. He almost pulled off an elaborate coup that took months, maybe years, of planning.
    • Wrathful Kirk - Survivalist. At this point, he's inside an asteroid where Khan believes him to be buried alive for all eternity. Instead, he eats and apple and runs down the clock until the Enterprise can retrieve his landing party.
  • Options
    Shouldn't Determined Paris have the Pilot trait? As his main job I think that trait should be on every Tom Paris variant, (and maybe now Collectible Plate via LDS s 2 ep 3. Ergo all Voyager bridge crew should get the Collectible Plate trait. )

Also, with Q being omnipotent should any Q variant possess ALL traits?
    "Curious, how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want." — Spock

🖖
  • Options
    Just did a voyage with ‘Villain’ as the antimatter bonus for the command slot….The Borg Queen is a villain. She’s the main villain of First Contact. The whole purpose of the character being created was so the movie would have a ‘main villain’ not just the endless ranks of borg, but a leader for them to follow. So in short, give Queenie Villain!!

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we have the Tardigrade trait for Ephraim then it should be added to the Ripper.
  • Options
    Just watched Amok Time and Spock gives what seems a perfect definition of the primal trait as it is applied to Evolved Paris and Janeway (who are supposed to be a more advanced lifeform so can only be primal in that they breed together against all normal reason) therefore Kal-if-fee Spock should be primal. T'Pring's motivations are less clear so is probably best left as it could affect other traits and at the moment I can't see other Vulcan variants that would apply. There are potential future versions of T'Pol, Spock (Genesis revival Spock), Tuvok, Vorik and even Torres (although a transferred primal instinct from a different species).