Home The Bridge

Macro Use is Alive and Well

Comments

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Wouldn’t that be difficult though? If you need something to complete a recipe you need to find a mission, run it, apply the component to the build. Then what if the item didn’t drop running the mission?

In galaxies I warp ten multiple times for any item I’m short on so I don’t have to run missions too often.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Wouldn’t that be difficult though? If you need something to complete a recipe you need to find a mission, run it, apply the component to the build. Then what if the item didn’t drop running the mission?

No. Because you can prefarm every single component up to around 32k of it. And while it would take a lot of commitment and resources to prefarm, you wouldn't have to bother with it during the actual building phase and would essentially be able to build non stop for 4 days straight. And prefarming is a thing because DB reuses the exact same components in pretty much all the galaxy events. So you can even as a human player give yourself a tremendous advantage in galaxy events by having prefarmed. Sure, you would probably have to sacrifice more than one galaxy event but at the same time you would be able to win a galaxy event.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

In galaxies I warp ten multiple times for any item I’m short on so I don’t have to run missions too often.

I do too. I warp 10 ten times until I’m below a certain chron threshold

No. Because you can prefarm every single component up to around 32k of it. And while it would take a lot of commitment and resources to prefarm, you wouldn't have to bother with it during the actual building phase and would essentially be able to build non stop for 4 days straight. And prefarming is a thing because DB reuses the exact same components in pretty much all the galaxy events. So you can even as a human player give yourself a tremendous advantage in galaxy events by having prefarmed. Sure, you would probably have to sacrifice more than one galaxy event but at the same time you would be able to win a galaxy event.

That is extreme dedication. To see what you have, what you need, all that

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

not really, theoretically, you could create a farm list based on the google docs from people here that track galaxy event recipes and then one could theoretically use the iampicard plugin to update your inventory list to calculate how many of each item you need to farm. theoretically that is....
  • GAWAGAWA ✭✭✭
    driving

??

not really, theoretically, you could create a farm list based on the google docs from people here that track galaxy event recipes and then one could theoretically use the iampicard plugin to update your inventory list to calculate how many of each item you need to farm. theoretically that is....

I am Picard thing? I’m not very tech savvy. I don’t own a computer I own paper and pencils

• Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I actually think varying the battle loading screen animation is a great idea , sometimes it might be 2 seconds, sometimes 8 seconds. The macros would have to assume 8, which would give an added advantage to human players. It’s also long enough as is that maybe the solution can be to use the current length as the max length and to vary on the lower side.

While this might do a decent job of combating macros, or really just making them slower and more difficult (adding 10 seconds to my manual battle time still means I have no losses), it would be exceptionally annoying. The worst part of the skirmishes is already the stupid amount of time wasted in load screens and pointless animations. These are actually why I spend less time playing skirmishes and no effort ranking.

Better solutions are to extend the reward tiers lower, and, oh, I dunno, make an engaging and dynamic game.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

I am Picard thing? I’m not very tech savvy. I don’t own a computer I own paper and pencils

well in that case, yes sounds like a lot of effort :-)
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

The creator has a web version too. One that you can use on your phone or any browser. I'm not sure the creator, but he's done an excellent job.

However, there are costs for the hosting, and he needs motivation and deserves a reward for his effort. A one off, or small monthly donation may be required to keep that route alive.

well in that case, yes sounds like a lot of effort :-)

I do! Hard work is it’s own reward

The creator has a web version too. One that you can use on your phone or any browser. I'm not sure the creator, but he's done an excellent job.

However, there are costs for the hosting, and he needs motivation and deserves a reward for his effort. A one off, or small monthly donation may be required to keep that route alive.

That’s ok, I can do things the hard way. And besides, I am not Picard

• I finished very comfortably below 1000 with maybe 7 hour or so. I played while doing other mindless events like watching TV, waiting for my daughters in ballet, and driving. So no real time lost. 😉

Mindless things like driving? Don't text or play STT while driving bro.
    Also, Arizona has the no phone while driving policy so be careful with that.
    I know you do a lot of long distance driving but still dangerous.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished very comfortably below 1000 with maybe 7 hour or so. I played while doing other mindless events like watching TV, waiting for my daughters in ballet, and driving. So no real time lost. 😉

I meant it as a joke, as I put down a couple comments later. The comedy rule of three has you put two mundain and expected items followed by a third unexpected item for comedic effect. I cannot and do not condone dumb and illegal driving activities. Nor would I keep my job long if I were not a good driver. Also, Arizona has some psychopathic suicidal and homicidal drivers. Seriously, two car lengths of following distance at 80 mph is an invitation for someone to cut you off. Safe driving, everyone.
  • I played while doing other mindless events like watching TV, waiting for my daughters in ballet, and driving. So no real time lost. 😉

Man run over by angry Trekkie. Police have interviewed the offending driver but could only make out the words Orca or possibly macro repeated over and over
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    No offense guys, but how long is this thread going to go on for;)

Unless DB makes changes or acknowledges the problem, which I think shan had already stated that she has brought it to the developers for discussion. So maybe we need to wait and see what or If DB is going to do anything about the issue.

Just seems like beating a dead horse otherwise, Yes people use macros, no its not right, yes it is difficult to prove without a shadow of a doubt, Yes there are things that can be done to prevent them, will they be done? we will have to see.

Db Probably couldnt make any effective changes right in the middle of the event, so I think we should give them time to see if they will, during the time it takes for another one to roll around.
  • Yes, time this thread ended.

Comment if you agree. Or if you don't..

;)
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • edited September 2018
    I finished very comfortably below 1000 with maybe 7 hour or so. I played while doing other mindless events like watching TV, waiting for my daughters in ballet, and driving. So no real time lost. 😉

I meant it as a joke, as I put down a couple comments later. The comedy rule of three has you put two mundain and expected items followed by a third unexpected item for comedic effect. I cannot and do not condone dumb and illegal driving activities. Nor would I keep my job long if I were not a good driver. Also, Arizona has some psychopathic suicidal and homicidal drivers. Seriously, two car lengths of following distance at 80 mph is an invitation for someone to cut you off. Safe driving, everyone.

Soon the snow-birds will be back in the state bro! Old 80 y/o slow-driving people scares me more than the one's you mentioned above. Besides most of those aforementioned people are Cali transplants ya know.
    I read about you joking and got the joke before, just givin you hell.😉
    BTW, got Spock 1248 for me without a sweat. Saw we were about the same bracket. Congratz bro!
    Oh one last thing to stay on topic: Banish the bots DB! Look into your anti-macro program, it's flawed as some people have posted seeing it and others have not. As I've stated before above, not once did I see the message and I run my game continuously during events. Gives you a place to start DB.
    And in the meantime DB, bring back some expedition events! That will keep the bots away for a while.
  • edited September 2018
    DeanWins wrote: »
    No offense guys, but how long is this thread going to go on for;)

Unless DB makes changes or acknowledges the problem, which I think shan had already stated that she has brought it to the developers for discussion. So maybe we need to wait and see what or If DB is going to do anything about the issue.

Just seems like beating a dead horse otherwise, Yes people use macros, no its not right, yes it is difficult to prove without a shadow of a doubt, Yes there are things that can be done to prevent them, will they be done? we will have to see.

Db Probably couldnt make any effective changes right in the middle of the event, so I think we should give them time to see if they will, during the time it takes for another one to roll around.

Agreed! Can't believe how many postings there have been since it's start Comment moderated. ˜Shan
  • I'm am using a Macro to help me keep up with this thread.

Try Chicago. The other day, someone behind me was honking and yelling cuz I would not blow the red light so he could blow it too

• There's only one way to kill this thread.

Send in Janeway.

57xddysd9rbt.jpg
  • Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I don't appreciate you naming me and accusing me of things that are false.
    There's only one way to kill this thread.

Send in Janeway.

57xddysd9rbt.jpg

Ha! Or perhaps Wesley can introduce a strain of nanites
    Or where’s the great stifler DWI Riker when you need him
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    There's only one way to kill this thread.

Send in Janeway.

57xddysd9rbt.jpg

Ha! Or perhaps Wesley can introduce a strain of nanites

8khqqiucdssh.jpg
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

This one? M.A.C.O R (iker)

4cza32e8zwc4.jpg
    edited September 2018

This one? M.A.C.O R (iker)

4cza32e8zwc4.jpg

Ooooo yes, I like that. He was really getting into that on that holo deck simulation

• DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    ha! I was told Wesley can kill any thread! its like mention his name 3x and hes like beetlejuice;)
This discussion has been closed.