Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: What is a Man? - 10/18 (Mega-Event Part 3)

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in The Bridge
Event Name: What is a Man?
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Data V 5* (Existing), Wedding Quark 4* (New) and Vic Fontaine 4* (existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 10/18 until Monday 10/22

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Minuet 5* (Existing)

Ranked Reward 5*: Musketeer Picard (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 10/25.

Event factions: Federation, Dominion, Section 31

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Minuet
• small bonus: variants of Data, variants of Quark, variants of Vic Fontaine, and crew with the hologram trait.

Comments

• Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh good, a new Picard.

Nice to see another Quark, though!
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Wedding Quark..

Two things pop in my head..
    Klingon Quark
    Lob T'Pol's head off and paste Quarks on
    (Kinda like the Kira holodeck mod)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which episode is Wedding Quark?

But yay for Musketeer Picard!
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hyped for Muskie Picard.
  • Options
    I've only been playing since late last year, and I've already seen Vic Fontaine in an event. How about one of the warship crew or something. :neutral:

At least Musketeer Picard sounds fun.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it'll be THIS Quark, which I am totally down with:

latest?cb=20170317120212
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, this exemplifies why the new rewards system is terrible. Playing to win a picard, but would have to pull packs AFTER the fact, and picard plays into a skirmish, where crew barely matters, so long as you have at least one copy, no matter how fused it is, or high leveled.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, this exemplifies why the new rewards system is terrible. Playing to win a picard, but would have to pull packs AFTER the fact, and picard plays into a skirmish, where crew barely matters, so long as you have at least one copy, no matter how fused it is, or high leveled.

...and we all have Minuet...
  • Options
    I've only been playing since late last year, and I've already seen Vic Fontaine in an event. How about one of the warship crew or something. :neutral:

Vic was actually in an event in May. I may be wrong but I think that it by far the fastest we have seen a crew in two different events (so not counted reruns). And he was existing then! James Darren must be bribing DB employees.

Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vic Fontaine will be in the threshold, weeding Quark in ranked rewards.

I just have a strong feeling about that.
  • Options
    Noooooo! Picard is OK, but how could you have a Captain Proton themed finale and not finally put Constance Goodheart in the game?
  • Options
    DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Vic was actually in an event in May. I may be wrong but I think that it by far the fastest we have seen a crew in two different events (so not counted reruns). And he was existing then! James Darren must be bribing DB employees.

Valeris was faster. She was in two events within three months of each other last month.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Vic Fontaine will be in the threshold, weeding Quark in ranked rewards.

I just have a strong feeling about that.

I don’t know...it seems like it has been a while since an existing character was the threshold reward (not counting the special circumstances for Dancing Uhura and Mirror T’Pol). Then again, DB wanted to make top-1000 competition brutal with the ranked 5* reward change so it’s not unreasonable to suggest that DB would do the same for ranks 1000-2000.

I would say I wouldn’t bother with the event at all if that was the case (I already have Vic immortalized) but I am definitely running Section 31 and maybe Fed shuttles all weekend regardless of how the rewards are configured.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s been almost a year, I was hoping for Katie O’Claire or Katarina from the Da Vinci program and finally seeing Janeway in an event again. Oh well, more weekend time for me to enjoy after I finish up Quark.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thresholds and out, maybe, might be Min and out......
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Hoping Quark is the rank reward, fed up of 3/4's because the new crew always require portal pulls to FF
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping Quark is the rank reward, fed up of 3/4's because the new crew always require portal pulls to FF

Keep hoping because it hasn’t been that way for a long time
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Herbert Rossoff count as a Quark variant?
  • Options

Keep hoping because it hasn’t been that way for a long time

I'm well aware of that thanks
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I always run shuttles anyway so I stick with Faction Events for their full duration. I may scale back how much effort I put into them depending on the rank rewards. In this particular event, I think it's a given that Section 31 will win so I'll save most of those transmissions for the victory bonus period and run a mix of Dominion and Federation shuttles during the event. Can't hurt to stock up on Ketracel White and Ancient Films!

Anyway, this will have quite a pool of bonus crew. In addition to the gaggle of Holograms:

DATA
    2* Lt Commander Data
    4* Friar Tuck Data
    4* Prospero
    5* Age of Sail Data
    5* Detective Data
    5* Emotion Chip Data
    5* Frank Hollander
    5* Mirror Data
    5* Romulan Data
    5* Tempted Data

QUARK
    1* Bartender Quark
    4* Klingon Quark
    4* Tourist Quark
    5* Convergence Day Quark
    5* Martian Quark

VIC FONTAINE
    4* Mirror Vic Fontaine

Every skill is covered, at least, so that should be helpful. I also just about never use any of these on my Voyages, so that's another perk to this particular Featured Crew.

Also, it occurs to me that none of these three crew members presently have a 3* persona. I hope we get a new one! The Data still high on my wish list is Ebenezer Scrooge. Even though we're in October rather than December, it was still a Holodeck role play so it would be an appropriate inclusion in this particular mega-event.

Failing that, I wouldn't be mad at a 3* Niners Quark. I know the other Niners have been 4* and 5*, but 1) Quark was largely peripheral in the episode and 2) I'm still hopeful for a Niners (or even Athlete) collection and having a 3/3 would be a nice gimme.

Totally, completely agree regarding a 3* Niners Quark. That would make me very happy.

It'll probably be Dr. Brahms.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    *Event introduces 18th Picard (as many as all the Janeways and Burnhams combined)*

Cue forums: “OMG I bet DB gives us Holosuite Alamo Janeway. LOL or EMH Burnham”
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Very good question. I hope Shan answers. Hasn't Benny counted as a variant of Sisko?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

Very good question. I hope Shan answers. Hasn't Benny counted as a variant of Sisko?

Yes. I would assume he would count, but it would be nice for the sake of clarity.
  • Options
    Start designing a shirt?

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

If vic fontaine is in the threshold, definitely minuet and out. Another useless dip card.
  • Options
    I thought next week is skirmish ad the following week is faction. Did I switch those around in my head?
  • Options
    I thought next week is skirmish ad the following week is faction. Did I switch those around in my head?

Aye.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much bonus crew for this event. Competition will be fierce.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends