Home Engineering Room
Options

1,000 item inventory, is it ever going to be readdressed?

Comments

• Options
    I can’t believe after 3 years this is still a thing.

Wait, i forgot who we were talking about. I CAN believe it.
  • Options
    It would be nice to see a fix for this. I started in September and have gotten up to 850. Still have a way to go before 1000, but didn't take long to get to 850.
    Admiral of TN Volunteers

Your simple talior,
    Elim
  • Options
    GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Galdran wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Thorozar wrote: »
    IAmPicard actually is a lifesaver for that. It flags items that you probably don't need anymore in order to chuck in the replicator.

I cannot find this option in the app. I do like the items screen there way better than in game, but nowhere do i see where it points out unique items you no longer need.

See this post for details on how to do that in the app.

Yeah, i'll pass on installing some 3rd party application which asks for my username and password.

Please don't go on about how the coder has shared his code and can be trusted etc etc.

In my lifetime I have seen 2 "safe programs" later get spyware added, 1 "safe program" where the author tried to make a quick buck and even a computer store that sold all their secure credit card information over seas when they went bankrupt.

No, I'd rather that the authors implement these types of features and I don't have to go use some 3rd party program, that makes my account less secure.

I'm guessing those weren't open source. This is.

Plus, there have been regular players using this tool for over 6 months.

I understand your concerns — I shared your basic apprehension when I first heard of the tool. But there are some very smart people who've looked at the code, and DB has given it their blessing, so eventually I softened my stance. If you still don't want to do it, nobody is forcing you, but you're missing out, honestly. You could always try the web-based version, if you don't want to install anything.

Have no clue why I suddenly get a message today that someone replied to me....I posted this months ago. Considering how this turned out, my fears were justified.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keeping this on the radar......There were no updates in Oct, how about now?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had any update to share I would have done so.
    It is on our radar.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    If I had any update to share I would have done so.
    It is on our radar.

Ok thank you Shan :smile:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going to bring this up again since yet another fleet member has run into the problem and had to do a painstaking purge of a bunch of stuff to get under again. Every week more and more unique items are added to the game so it just gets worse all of the time.
  • Options
    I took a radical step and just threw all my equipment except 1* and 2* items in the replicator. It was quick and no thinking needed. So far I never missed anything. But this will only work for people who have all their crew FE.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think DB is using Original Windows 95
    big hole in the back of the program for things to fall out of.
    yeah, i made a habit of going through my inventory, and using for replicator fuel
    extra Galaxy Build left overs, beause they dont auto delete at the end of a galaxy event and
    also specific items of FF/FE crew i have, to clear them out.
    honestly, it shows either amateur or inept programmer ability.
    and i will admit, i am an amateur,
    even thoe my Excel and Access coding gives pros a head ache.

I thought they were using a Commodore 64.............

Commodore 64 had the best games!

• Options
    Well this time we had someone lose all of his Fed shuttle transmissions due to this.

DB instead of continually ignoring the problem you need to actually DO something about it.

Looks like I'm back up to 942 items so am going to have to spend time going through and deleting some of the unique items you keep giving me in Dabo and the Gauntlet despite them being of absolutely no use to me at all.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently won a 5* Earl Gray tea, but all my Picards are immortalized. That type of thing plus a bunch of little specific 2* items from event rewards fill up my inventory and it is hard to search.
  • Options
    And I assume with the upcoming Campaings we get another source of items we don't need.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are not ignoring the problem, it is a tough one to implement appropriate solutions for unfortunately :(

Most of the items received as rewards from Campaigns should be usable directly and be less of an issue. Let us know if that is not the case.

• Options
    We are not ignoring the problem, it is a tough one to implement appropriate solutions for unfortunately :(

Most of the items received as rewards from Campaigns should be usable directly and be less of an issue. Let us know if that is not the case.

In the beta trial, I received a 5 star item I cannot use. It is for a character I don't have or one I already immortalized. I get items just like that from gauntlet.
  • Options

Unless you changed something from the beta, that isn’t true. The hat boxes drop random items for crew you either don’t have or are frozen.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you changed something from the beta, that isn’t true. The hat boxes drop random items for crew you either don’t have or are frozen.

I said most, not all. I will inquire though and we will keep an eye on how this might impact inventory issues.
  • Options
    If it is too hard to make the inventory larger, you could at least overhaul the UI so it's easier to find out which items could go into the replicator.
  • Options
    Lutz Ifer wrote: »
    If it is too hard to make the inventory larger, you could at least overhaul the UI so it's easier to find out which items could go into the replicator.

Or allow items to be dumped without the replicator. Using the replicator means paying credits and getting another item, but more important, it can only be used so often, particularly by VIP-challanged individuals.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭

As a stop-gap, why not simply have an auto-message sent out to anyone who hits 990 items, warning them that they are close to the limit?
  • Options
    In the almost two years this current “fix” has been in place there have been countless suggestions on things they could do to, if not fix it outright, help mitigate the problem. Doesn’t seem like DB has been interested in any of them.
  • Options
    GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Lutz Ifer wrote: »

THIS! This is all you really have to do, we can clean out our own inventory if you fix the UI. All we really need to do is be able to see the name of items we select, so we can put it in the replicator.
  • Options
    The replicator isn’t a valid fix for this defect that has been around for three years now.

Using the replicator still requires you to babysit the number of items in your inventory. And what if you have no items to build because all of your crew are equipped? What if you don’t have enough credits to replicate an item?
  • Options

This is the second premium campaign box I've opened with No usable items. The first one had a crafted super-rare item for a crew member I've never owned, this one had two crafted rare items for crew members who have long been in my vault.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    PGHNate wrote: »
    This is the second premium campaign box I've opened with No usable items. The first one had a crafted super-rare item for a crew member I've never owned, this one had two crafted rare items for crew members who have long been in my vault.

I fared a little better than you in that one of my two items in my most recent box was 4* Covert Contacts which can be used by many crew, the other however was 5* armor for long ago leveled Gowron.

zbniofg9vrxh.png
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭

I said most, not all. I will inquire though and we will keep an eye on how this might impact inventory issues.

Most isn't helping, that is the issue. Even 1 junk item takes valuable slots. Many players are past 950, and at 1k the random deletions start.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    In the almost two years this current “fix” has been in place there have been countless suggestions on things they could do to, if not fix it outright, help mitigate the problem. Doesn’t seem like DB has been interested in any of them.

They are trying to find a way to monitize, like they finally did for dailies.
  • Options
    My thoughts on a possible fix for the Campaign boxes and how I haven't actually earned anything of use from any I have opened.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13678/shan-possible-fix-for-unneeded-items-from-campaigns-chests#latest
  • Options
    8zzftmdg5bbf.png

Already have Dixon Immortal. He's not active, nor did I get one in a pack/voyage etc. So while in delighted you are handing out 5*items, this is actually not a good thing for me as it is taking up space.
  • Options
    This last premium box brought a 4* authorization code (which can be used by lots of crew), 3* Garak's armor (toon long immortal) and 3* portable tractor beam (all toons that use are immortal).