Home Engineering Room
Options

1,000 item inventory, is it ever going to be readdressed?

Comments

• Options
    Granted, I've probably got more crew that still need items than most of you, but so far all items from the premium boxes have been extremely useful to me.
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    Today's premium box dropped 5* Khan's Necklace, 4* Chakotay's Helmet, and 4* Seven's Isomodulator. All items for immortalized crew.
  • Options
    Yeah, this isn’t working right it sounds like. I have received at least 5 specialty items for crew that are immortalized so far. That doesn’t fit the definition of “most”.
  • Options
    Two 5* items from the premium track reward box, both unusable. I've never even seen Lincoln in a behold and the two that use the poisoned drink are both FFFE. 8yhaygm924yb.jpg
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    My last loot crate may take the cake: three 5* Kukalakas. I needed one for Bashir, Julian Bashir, and my surplus should have me ready to equip any other Bashirs that come along for quite a while.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the feedback regarding the campaign loot crates, it has been forwarded to the team.
  • Options
    CaolanGCaolanG ✭✭
    6s1dn2atgh5n.png

Its still happening. I can use only one of these items. The rest are for Immortal Crew. None have been recently worked on or dismissed or available on a recent voyage.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaolanG wrote: »
    6s1dn2atgh5n.png

Its still happening. I can use only one of these items. The rest are for Immortal Crew. None have been recently worked on or dismissed or available on a recent voyage.

That has not changed and is unlikely to change. But we will look at what improvements we could do for the inventory issues.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    6s1dn2atgh5n.png

That has not changed and is unlikely to change. But we will look at what improvements we could do for the inventory issues.

If it can’t be changed I would just say remove the crates entirely in favor of something else everyone can use

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    6s1dn2atgh5n.png

If it can’t be changed I would just say remove the crates entirely in favor of something else everyone can use

More honor works for me!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    6s1dn2atgh5n.png

More honor works for me!

Well I didn’t want to speak for everyone but Nomad, that is a smashing idea!

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got two 5* Martok's armor. He was at level 99 and needed 1 armor. Why was 2 copies of it even possible to get?
  • Options
    HoBHoB ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I've been playing this game for 2 years... and never realized this was a thing! How much good stuff has been taken away from me - stuff I've needed! - as a result of this issue?! No notification. No warning I was over the limit and might/would lose stuff. NOTHING!

I've got 145 crew slots. Sure, most of them are immortalized, but I've got a lot of crew I can - and am - working on. So because a slot isn't complete, I'm just losing stuff? Without warning?

NOT EVEN A NOTIFICATION?!
  • Options
    Only if your inventory has over 1000 unique items. Mine runs between the mid 700s and mid 800s. I use ship schematics for replications as that helps keep the inventory items down.
  • Options
    I just noticed by accident super-rare leftovers from galaxy events... Now I ask myself how many there are still lingering in my inventory.
    They should be deleted after the event ends...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lutz Ifer wrote: »
    I just noticed by accident super-rare leftovers from galaxy events... Now I ask myself how many there are still lingering in my inventory.

They usually are, can you tell me which ones you are seeing?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t know about Lutz Ifer, but I know I have 5 Colonial Charter Signatures still sitting there and they don’t show up to use in the replicator.

68m7cy21ucnm.png
  • Options
    Can't remember the names, and I already put them all in the replicator...
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lutz Ifer wrote: »

They usually are, can you tell me which ones you are seeing?

In my experience they are never deleted. You can usually throw them in the replicator but sometimes they don't show up in the replicator item screen after a restart once the event has ended. I had about 5 super rares left from the first Plague of Plagues event that I was able to use during the re-run a few months ago.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I’ve found a few...

oit93t5oid2b.png

2h21wljbvt5t.png

b20sw2m4n7dm.png
  • Options
    Am I the first to report that I'm over the cap, and dev has chosen to rescind my citations purchased and earned in the Campaigns.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the first to report that I'm over the cap, and dev has chosen to rescind my citations purchased and earned in the Campaigns.

At least a few people have lost cites before, I know @eXo | SilverRose had a thread around here somewhere about it. Definitely send a ticket to CS.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Ouch! That’s terrible that they go for the citations first!

I know SilverRose had some taken before, but I’d hoped that was just a very bad and unlucky accident.
  • Options
    Nope, happened to someone else in eXo this week too. Send a ticket. CS should be very aware of this issue by now.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Ive got a solution that will solve all this and make all parties relatively happy. DB can offer an extended inventory for money. From what I can gather, this is mostly an issue with people who spend money on the game (DYC offers, finishing event characters before earning the equipment rewards, extra loot boxes from campaign, etc.) so I don't see it being a huge deal offering another 500 slots for some dilithium. This has never been a "bug" but a part of the strategy some folks long for on Timelines, and, like most things in the game, you can adapt to it or simply throw money at the problem. DB can squeeze some more cash out of people who can then kick back and relax. Then when 1500 isn't enough you can plunk some more down. Eventually you can learn to manage your items or feed the greed.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    If this is a performance issue, I also support the idea for being able to purchase additional tiers (like shuttles; maybe 500 per tier) for increasing the item limit. So the performance impact would be limited by a purchase hurdle.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    We Don't need more inventory space. What we need, is the ability a get rid of unwanted inventory in an effective manner.
    In other RPGs we can sell worthless items to traders or simply drop them to the ground.

Talking about selling: since the replicator usage per day is limited, what about a gameplay feature named Federation Trading Hub? Where we can additionally sell items for one of the game's currencies?
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    You want to spend money to get around what is essentially a bug?
    As far as I know by reading the forums, the 1,000 item limit is intended as well as the vanishing of the items above the limit after 7 days. So it's a game design decision. Whether to improve performance or whatever.

This means, I will be unaffected of a vanishing of my time savers for faction events as long as I keep one of all types instead of using them completely up. Good to know, because losing shuttle transmissions isn't as highly dramatic as the worthier things. Other people lost even citations!
    What the game needs is better inventory management
    What the game needs is a change. And be it a higher inventory limit: it's better than status quo. And I will take this as well.

Until then, my next replicator strategy will be munching through my equipment from legendary to the ground, since the ready-made equipment consumes on its own over 800 of my inventory slots compared to the other categories of items. And yes, this will slow down my leveling and consume additional chronitons.

And no, a bigger inventory won't be heresy, since the game grew with its crew numbers and features, so simply more items than before are sharing the same space. This is a fact, and on the long run inventory management can't be the sole solution.