Home The Bridge

Shuttle rental cost

Comments

• Considering next week is a faction event, is it possible to get official answers to these questions please?
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering next week is a faction event, is it possible to get official answers to these questions please?

Possible? Yes.
    Probable? HA!
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to getting a random spock when my compensation tier doesn't justify. I lost the Data lottery last time.
  • Thorozar wrote: »
    Looking forward to getting a random spock when my compensation tier doesn't justify. I lost the Data lottery last time.

Kinda feels like everyone who wanted on Oprah after she gave away the cars.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • I'm astonished by the fervor over Capt. Spock. :| To each their own.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I'm astonished by the fervor over Capt. Spock. :| To each their own.

Um it's spock? what else needs to be said?
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that fuss over this guy?

jdi3ahpgrmzj.jpeg

Or is it him?

tgrjqpbc96bu.jpeg

• Brought to you by Ovaltine

And Colon Blow!

[GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Brought to you by Ovaltine

And Colon Blow!

Warning: may cause abdominal distention. Consult a physician.
  • Im highly concerned about this as it comes right in time for the Captain Spock event.

Faction events are the only ones I have been able to hit top 1k on, and Ive been playing this game for years.
  • McCaptainfaceMcCaptainface ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The timing of this is add on cant be a coincidence... DB mess up big time, lose a few of there highest paying players (granted after the announcement), then suddenly a new feature that was never asked for, where the game basically comes pay to win, on a jeffrey combs event with Captain Spock as a reward...... I would hate to pay real money/dilithium for shuttles to fail due to RNG..... cant see this ending well for DB.... surely with this add on and the RNG of shuttles this game becomes more of a gambling app???
  • Yeah, no. Zero interest in this mechanism. This is just a complete slap in face to players of all levels -- from VIP0 to monthly card to those who have sunk thousands into this game in the past.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • It's a good time to have quit spending.
  • Don't worry, it will be fully monetized, I'm sure. Expect to see offers to buy shuttle rental tokens at some point this weekend, just to drive home the point it's fully a whales game now.

And then depression set in....

• I said on Discord when they first announced it that this seems like a shameless money grab. It’s time to see the proof in the pudding with the forced upgrade today.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renting a shuttle from DB is like buying a car in Houston right after Hurricane Harvey...."Flood damage?! Oh no, this is a one-owner from Arizona!" uh-huh :neutral:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I don't think these extra shuttles will change faction events much. Only the top 25 spots may be affected and I don't know how anyone gets top 25 without putting a ton of cash in for boosts or hoarding boosts for months for one event.

Agreed - people already spending money will be the ones taking advantage of this. Unless it’s very cheap, but even then you’d already need four regular shuttles to really have an advantage and a crew to make fifth succeed.

My hope is this will be for the whales that already exist to fight amongst themselves. Leaving the rest of us unaffected.

It is the not knowing. Given bugs, glitches and human errors it is reasonable for us all to worry. I’m hoping for the best. They need new features that make events accessible for those starting out (like a legendary to win in threshold for all event types not just reruns) and above all keep people playing.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there been a new feature that was adequately play tested bugs and balance before going live? I really can't think of any. DB has a terrible track record with launching new features with bugs that were completely predictable for anyone who plays.

I really hope this will be the exception, but I expect this will ruin the Captain Spock event unless you win the RNG and are on the right side of the DB bug this week.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, doesn't seem live yet, I can't find any info on it. Gives me time to get my margarita and lawn chair and watch the dumpster fire begin!
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    17ztpcbgphtv.png

fallout2 yay! some good loot in there if memory serves... or was this place completely empty.. :DD
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • 75 dil
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo rental shuttles are 75 dil for the first, 100 for the second, 125 for the third and beyond. There appears to be no cap to how many shuttles you can rent. They also halved the cost to speed up a shuttle with dil.