Home The Bridge

Shuttle rental cost

Comments

• I have to admit, this time around Im really concerned. Voyages, the gauntlet and supply kits didnt have me worried, but this does.
    Faction events were the one thing I could say that I had a chance at. If I cant compete in those anymore than events are almost pointless.

Frank has a few good points, but its not enough to talk me down

Here's what I wonder. So far we know that you can get these extra shuttle rental tickets from event rewards and we also got a few from honored in every faction achievement. Presumably they will also appear in shuttle boost packs. So, one could save enough over time to make a real dent in a faction event, the same way a person could save chrons for a free run at a galaxy event. What if these tickets start raining like chrons from Voyages. How will that affect things?
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    So for 75 dilithium you can request another shuttle... to me I don’t think a lot of people will bite at that price. Expendition events you could buy a refresh of tickets for about same price and I don’t believe many people did.

You still need crew to properly man the shuttles. To me the 2x rewards on Cadet missions caused a lot more changes with little reaction as people have huge stock of speed ups.

you talking about regular cadet stacking with dil? or is there another way that I am unaware of?

Simply mentioning that you can double your rewards on cadet missions by watching an Ad. This will give you 2 standard 10x shuttle boost packs. You can do this 6 times in a day or more if you do spend Dilithium but I don't do that.
  • Filling them with useful crew is going to be most people's problem I'd say. Gotta spread the event crew real thin if you want a decent return.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • So, if you are a whale, this will drain your wallet for sure, but if you are not a whale only cards with the dominion or andorian trait and the new 4* are getting a bonus. Is that even 25 total cards? (some of which are not great). And how many non-top 500's have the Changling Founder or Mirror Sharkar FF/FE? It is going to be tough for people who are not already spending a lot to crew a 5th, let alone a sixth or seventh shuttle. Some can for sure, but those people were probably in the top tier finishers already. I think this will have nominal impact in an event like this week's on ranks 500-900. I think between 900 and 1k you will see people trying to buy in who find themselves between 1k and 1100, especially if they have monthly card dil stockpiled. In future I see the 900 to 1k crowd joining that frenzy to play defense. It will have an impact and make the game more play to win, but only a little.
  • I'd normally agree that crewing a 5th shuttle would be difficult, but I think folks are forgetting the impact of skill boosting. In order to have the same effect as the 5th shuttle, you'd need to time reduce (which a lot of people do already to secure top 1k ranks). The 5th shuttle would let you skill boost instead, which would actually help your odds with a weaker bench while having the same return.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5th shuttle would let you skill boost instead, which would actually help your odds with a weaker bench while having the same return.
    Fair point. That reminds me, I need to defrost some of my weaker Dominion/Andorian Crew.

DB: Do Better
  • DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    Everybody screamed 'sky is falling' when change was made to put top 1K legendary reward event crew for next event. I haven't noticed a huge dropping of rankings and actually like it. I have Weyoun 5 FE'd ready to go for upcoming event.

I'm going to wait and see what this does to faction events. I'm thinking it won't be as bad as folks will make it out to be on this forum. IF I have to work a little harder to get where I want, I am more then happy to do so to get these rewards:

VP 12,500 - added 1 Requisition Shuttle token
    VP 52,000 - added 1 Requisition Shuttle token
    VP 180,000 - 2 Requisition Shuttle tokens, 2 Legendary 2x Reward Multiplier
    VP 210,000 - 150,000 Credits
    VP 215,000 - 1,500 Honor
    VP 300,000 - 1 Voyage Revival token
    Vp 350,000 - 1 10x Premium Pull

Thanks DB!

Great for you. I got screwed on the last event because of it. managed to get to rank 604 the night before the event ended. 15 minutes before the event ended I slid down to 1251 as everyone claimed all the event items they'd hoarded.

I got screwed out of Data the week before because of the compensation errors and it had a huge effect on the next week's bonuses. a bunch of players had him and were getting the big bonuses off him repeatedly. I dumped more chrons into last week's galaxy than I've ever dumped into a galaxy before and managed to finish worse than I have in months even with a 4/4 Agent Seven to start the event.

The 5* change has had an effect and this change will too.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    So, if you are a whale, this will drain your wallet for sure, but if you are not a whale only cards with the dominion or andorian trait and the new 4* are getting a bonus. Is that even 25 total cards? (some of which are not great). And how many non-top 500's have the Changling Founder or Mirror Sharkar FF/FE? It is going to be tough for people who are not already spending a lot to crew a 5th, let alone a sixth or seventh shuttle. Some can for sure, but those people were probably in the top tier finishers already. I think this will have nominal impact in an event like this week's on ranks 500-900. I think between 900 and 1k you will see people trying to buy in who find themselves between 1k and 1100, especially if they have monthly card dil stockpiled. In future I see the 900 to 1k crowd joining that frenzy to play defense. It will have an impact and make the game more play to win, but only a little.

My bonus crew currently consists of 13 crew (all immortalized unless otherwise stated):

2/5* FE Founder
    Thot Gor
    Diseased Founder
    Kilana
    Weyoun 4
    Goran’agar
    Ikat’ika
    2/5* FE Ushaan Shran
    1/5* FE Mirror Shukar
    Commando Shran
    Tarah
    Thelin
    Shras

After seeing how short that list is I unfroze the following:

Changeling Bashir
    Dominion Dukat
    Yelgrun
    Keevan
    Remata’klan
    Expediton Shran

I am only missing Weyoun 5, Changeling Martok, and Lissan for bonus crew, as well as not having FF copies of the other 5*s. That’s 19/22 bonus crew total and 16/22 FF’d bonus crew. Success on shuttle 5 and possibly shuttle 4, depending on the number of slots per mission, will come down to duplicates and non-bonus 5* crew.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd normally agree that crewing a 5th shuttle would be difficult, but I think folks are forgetting the impact of skill boosting. In order to have the same effect as the 5th shuttle, you'd need to time reduce (which a lot of people do already to secure top 1k ranks). The 5th shuttle would let you skill boost instead, which would actually help your odds with a weaker bench while having the same return.

Sort of. At the 4000 VP level, a skill boost would have to add >20% to success to provide, on average, a higher VP return than 3* time doubling and failing. It has to be a pretty weak shuttle crew to add +20%...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, it will be fully monetized, I'm sure. Expect to see offers to buy shuttle rental tokens at some point this weekend, just to drive home the point it's fully a whales game now.

I finally see the true story behind Star Trek IV - Kirk and Co needed to go back in time to bring back some whales 'cos DB had taken them to extinction by slowly bleeding them dry.

Lookie Lookie
    thz9g1pzricu.png
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Honestly Frank, that's why when you get upset, motivated, etc. I have to take it with a grain of salt.

Really, it's because I told Frank he wasn't allowed to leave and reinstalled the game on his phone. He's in charge of weekly squad assignments. He is not allowed to quit. YOU HEAR THAT FRANK.

Here's the problem, I never thought anybody was going anywhere. Maybe a temporary lull in expenditures, but no significant or long term consequences.

This an addiction. Like NA, methadone clinic, addiction. And DB knows that, didn't think any long term consequences would come of it either.

Nothing has any reason to change as long as their customers can be so easily convinced to move on as if nothing happened. Only if DB actually had to have noticeable, lengthy CS improvements to get it's loyal customers back would there be hope of change.
    The former doesn't happen, so there's no reason to believe the latter ever will.

I apologize if this comes off as offensive, that's not the intent. But it's the blunt strait truth and I see no other way to say it.
  • jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I (D)on't (B)uy, I don't care. :p This developer does not deserve my money.

Besides... Star Trek Fleet Command, new mobile Trek game premieres November 29th. ;)
  • Am I wrong in asking, why is there new updates with new game mechanics when the old ones are broke and not really addressed? The compensation was an issue in self, however did the root problem of what caused glitch did it get addressed and/ or fixed or did we just move on and build new stuff on top of the already broken stuff?
    Apologizes if I am not making sense.
    Playing since April 2016

Waving dead chickens while using Voodoo in Star Trek Timelines since Jan 2017 (forum comment from another user)

FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/181490765563427/

• I'll bet you $50 I don't have a gambling addiction!

Double or nothing.
    No addiction here..... maybe a little.... :)
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detra wrote: »
    Am I wrong in asking, why is there new updates with new game mechanics when the old ones are broke and not really addressed? The compensation was an issue in self, however did the root problem of what caused glitch did it get addressed and/ or fixed or did we just move on and build new stuff on top of the already broken stuff?
    Apologizes if I am not making sense.

we have been asking this for (checks watch) as long as i've been playing at least
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    This weekend will be devestating for sure...usually I can get top 1000 in faction, but Spock has been the exception. In the long term, it will allow f2p players a better shot at ranking if they save the rental shuttles for weeks/months, just as they can hoard chronitons, allowing them a similar, occasional, shot at higher ranks.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never aim for rank in faction events. I can rarely hit sub 2K, but that voyage revival tokens it something worth aiming for.

But the shuttle tokens will be... Well, not great. An extra 800 VP when it fails because I don't have enough crew to staff it.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    I never aim for rank in faction events. I can rarely hit sub 2K, but that voyage revival tokens it something worth aiming for.

But the shuttle tokens will be... Well, not great. An extra 800 VP when it fails because I don't have enough crew to staff it.

Which is why I think the extra speed boosts from doubling ads are more significant.

I still think this week will be a bloodbath, but in the long term, I don't think these extra shutles will help much over speed boosts.
  • Aldude wrote: »

I need properly to see how they work - I mean, can you requisition more than one shuttle at a time? Can you add skill/time bonuses like with a regular, because if you can save up enough of them, then that 800VP per shuttle can be a pretty big free bonus on top of the regular shuttles, especially as even low %age shuttle will succeed at times - if 1/10 succeed (assuming your others don't fail enough to drop you under 4K) that's a 'free' boost of 11200 VP every 15 hours (assuming a 3* time boost) on top of everything else.

It's not huge compared to the kings and queens of dilithium collectors hitting 'complete now', but it gives everyone else a tidy boost when needed.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Besides... Star Trek Fleet Command, new mobile Trek game premieres November 29th. ;)

I’ve been playing for the last week... guess it must be beta... actually closer to alpha given how glitchy it is... but a lot of fun... and even more P2W than STT.
  • jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

I’ve been playing for the last week... guess it must be beta... actually closer to alpha given how glitchy it is... but a lot of fun... and even more P2W than STT.

More fun? Good :) More P2W? Well, in that case they don't get my money either. :p
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

More fun? Good :) More P2W? Well, in that case they don't get my money either. :p

The is a massive paywall after about a week where resource drop rate is abysmal (compounded by P2W pounding your mining ships IF you find an open mining spot) and refining rates are worse... but it is kinda Master of Orion like
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when "video games" cost $x ONE TIME (like $29.99), and only that time? Then for the next version you paid again a couple years later? I kinda miss those days...

I give 7:1 odds against Frank not being a gambling addict. ;)

Also, PC game expansions were free, as well as the online ladder environments were free. These were "perks" to convince people of the quality of the game and buy it. Now it costs $30 to add an orange stripe to your left earring on 1 of your 10,000 characters in (insert game here).

When were PC game expansions free?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    Remember when "video games" cost $x ONE TIME (like $29.99), and only that time? Then for the next version you paid again a couple years later? I kinda miss those days...

Also, PC game expansions were free, as well as the online ladder environments were free. These were "perks" to convince people of the quality of the game and buy it. Now it costs $30 to add an orange stripe to your left earring on 1 of your 10,000 characters in (insert game here).

I’ve been scratching my head over this one as well. Although Warcraft II’s expansion was included in the Battle Chest I got, the Lord of Destruction expansion for Diablo II was not free. I don’t think it was full price (Destiny 2: Forsaken, I’m looking at you even though you kept me busy until Rootin’ Tootin’ Cowboy Shootin’ 2 came out) but it was definitely not free.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been scratching my head over this one as well. Although Warcraft II’s expansion was included in the Battle Chest I got, the Lord of Destruction expansion for Diablo II was not free. I don’t think it was full price (Destiny 2: Forsaken, I’m looking at you even though you kept me busy until Rootin’ Tootin’ Cowboy Shootin’ 2 came out) but it was definitely not free.

The only expansion I remember ever being free was the second expansion for Icewind Dale. It used to be available to download from Interplay's website. Although it required the first expansion which was not free.

I'm really curious which expansions were free.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Some were, and some weren't. In the case of Total Annihilation, new units were able to be downloaded for free from the game developers site.