Home The Bridge

Prince Bashir

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the free Bashir (still in my in-game mailbox), but is there more free stuff to be gained if I install GOTA and start a new game?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Test environment?????!! 😮😮

This is a big misunderstanding in software development. There is ALWAYS a Test environment. Whether or not it's the same as Live is the important question.

No, it was just a joke.

Yes, mine was also a joke.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I got the free Bashir (still in my in-game mailbox), but is there more free stuff to be gained if I install GOTA and start a new game?

You don’t even need to install, the easiest way to start a gota game is just to hit play from this site while logged into the forums with your timelines account.

• Yeah, you have to hit the claim button. You can do it and get Prince Bashir still.

I took a risk and hit claim. There's no difference now that everyone has warp between VIP0 and VIP1 - no extra slots or replications or anything, too. So it's really pretty obnoxious to hit on the gift.

There's a huge difference to the people who have been vip0 since the beginning.
  • There's a Test environment?????!! 😮😮

This is a big misunderstanding in software development. There is ALWAYS a Test environment. Whether or not it's the same as Live is the important question.

No, it was just a joke.

Yes, mine was also a joke.

Sorry Peachtree, reading while tired 😔
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I wouldn't mind a DB employee getting F2M if we all got the chars at the same time. As it is though, a DB employee got F2M and it was already announced on the forums before the char even hit my inbox. That's not awesome. I didn't have the honor/resources to get F2M anyway, but it would still be nice if we all had an equal shot at it.

On second thought, if a DB employee knows which items to farm in advance for a F2M, that really is an unfair advantage and probably shouldn't be allowed. But what's done is done.

I'm glad to know a few of them are playing the game. It helps a lot if you are familiar with your product from the customer's perspective.

Hasn't seemed to have helped much.

• Webberoni wrote: »

I don't think so. I read somewhere (blog post maybe) that the incentive gifts are based on GOTA play before November.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »

I don't think so. I read somewhere (blog post maybe) that the incentive gifts are based on GOTA play before November.

It's at the bottom of the page where you claim the GoTA Loyalty rewards.
    "Note: Each GoTA account can only be connected to one STT account, and each STT account can only be connected to one GoTA account. Reward is calculated based on GoTA account activity through October 31, 2018 and can be claimed from the STT Time Portal after reaching Captain Level 4. Offer expires at 11:59:59 EST on December 31, 2018."
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    L
    Proont wrote: »

"Note: Each GoTA account can only be connected to one STT account, and each STT account can only be connected to one GoTA account. Reward is calculated based on GoTA account activity through October 31, 2018 and can be claimed from the STT Time Portal after reaching Captain Level 4. Offer expires at 11:59:59 EST on December 31, 2018."

October 31 through to December 31 I read that as. Kind of an unusual use of ‘through’, doesn’t read very well.

Yes you can start playing GoTA today and still submit your claim for rewards. I already received my 2nd copy of Bashir (including the one we received in our mail) and I just started playing GoTA today.

dbcb1alpwmyy.png
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Yes you can start playing GoTA today and still submit your claim for rewards. I already received my 2nd copy of Bashir (including the one we received in our mail) and I just started playing GoTA today.

dbcb1alpwmyy.png

Sweet! I'm going to start playing GoTA now.
  • Proont wrote: »

dbcb1alpwmyy.png

It's actually not that bad, kind of wish I had started playing it earlier. I'll keep playing it until they turn the lights off.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

dbcb1alpwmyy.png

It's actually not that bad, kind of wish I had started playing it earlier. I'll keep playing it until they turn the lights off.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it more than I expected. I'm a little sad that it's ending in January.
  • I tried playing this game of chairs thing, but I couldn't find where the chairs were. It was confusing. It kept asking me to do stuff I didn't understand and it was all so dark. I need more primary colours and shiny metals. I couldn't find any trainers or anything. I was like wtf where's my chair? I just don't get it
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I tried playing this game of chairs thing, but I couldn't find where the chairs were. It was confusing. It kept asking me to do stuff I didn't understand and it was all so dark. I need more primary colours and shiny metals. I couldn't find any trainers or anything. I was like wtf where's my chair? I just don't get it

Same here. I am a huge GoT fan, and I was hoping for a lot more out of the game. I was heavily disappointed when I spent a day on the game and still had no idea what the heck I was doing. I gave up quickly, because it just didn't seem enjoyable enough to make a go of it.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...

Same here. I am a huge GoT fan, and I was hoping for a lot more out of the game. I was heavily disappointed when I spent a day on the game and still had no idea what the heck I was doing. I gave up quickly, because it just didn't seem enjoyable enough to make a go of it.

I was taking the mickey a bit, but Timelines is just so much more intuitive. I took to it like a shark to water, but I was genuinely baffled at GoTA. It's not as if fantasy stuff is alien to me - my other avatar is an elf and I've played epic amounts of Skyrim.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • So am I to understand that I can start an account on the GoT game today and be able to link it to my STT account and get these rewards? Including another Prince Bashir?
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

dbcb1alpwmyy.png

So I gave this a go, and got my account up to Level 4 in GoTA. Where does one go to claim this reward?
  • edited November 2018
    The first non-star-trek character enters the game...a sad day.

Nonsense. This is from that time Bashir decided to switch it up in the holodeck, and tried a late 20th century fantasy novel in place of his usual spy stuff....
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Okay so headcanon is that all of GoT is one of Felix's holodeck programs, Bashir was meant to be the hero of the whole saga, but like Lister in the despair squid thing he missed a clue early on and never became the Prince that was Promised, and now it's just a bunch of the Starfleet and Bajoran lower decks crew continuing the game on their own time and trying to salvage a win despite the plotline going off the rails.

Lt Vilix'pran is totally Drogon.

Never mind. This is much better. I am absolutely adopting that head canon.

(Love the card. A clever cross-over with nice art, and hopefully pretty useful on voyages. But Bashir's one of a handful of characters I'm always happy to see, useful or not.)
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    So am I to understand that I can start an account on the GoT game today and be able to link it to my STT account and get these rewards? Including another Prince Bashir?

I literally loaded GOTA on facebook, clicked around a bit, then put my STT DB ID into both fields (after being unable to locate it in GOTA) and then had the reward.

It appears in the portal screen. Just a picture of "Prince Bashir" and a "Claim" button.

I had not previously played GOTA.

dbcb1alpwmyy.png

So I gave this a go, and got my account up to Level 4 in GoTA. Where does one go to claim this reward?

Here:

https://games.disruptorbeam.com/gotastt
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    L

October 31 through to December 31 I read that as. Kind of an unusual use of ‘through’, doesn’t read very well.
    So am I to understand that I can start an account on the GoT game today and be able to link it to my STT account and get these rewards? Including another Prince Bashir?

Grammatically speaking, there are two components from the message we need to focus on:

-What window in time of in-game activity qualifies someone for the offer?
    -If qualified for the offer, when can it be claimed?

Playing GOTA at any point from launch day up until Halloween (two weeks ago) will qualify someone for the offer. Downloading it now, playing for 30 seconds, and trying to claim a free monthly card will not work.

For GOTA players through Halloween, the offer can be claimed at any point from now through the end of the year. If GOTA players are already STT players, my guess is that any existing monthly card would need to expire first and then the freebie can be claimed. If they are not already STT players, they have several weeks to consider starting and then claiming a free monthly card.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

dbcb1alpwmyy.png

Here:

https://games.disruptorbeam.com/gotastt

Thanks! All good now.

I literally loaded GOTA on facebook, clicked around a bit, then put my STT DB ID into both fields (after being unable to locate it in GOTA) and then had the reward.

It appears in the portal screen. Just a picture of "Prince Bashir" and a "Claim" button.

I had not previously played GOTA.

Yes, the "Player ID" in that game did not work, so I used my STT DBID as well.

EDIT: I was able to successfully submit a claim the reward through the site, but I do not have another Bashir. My current monthly card has yet to expire, so I don't know about that yet.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downloading it now, playing for 30 seconds, and trying to claim a free monthly card will not work.

It has worked for many people yesterday and today. AFAIK the Oct 31 cutoff date relates to the bonus loot that people who spent on GoTA get.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downloading it now, playing for 30 seconds, and trying to claim a free monthly card will not work.

It has worked for many people yesterday and today. AFAIK the Oct 31 cutoff date relates to the bonus loot that people who spent on GoTA get.

I re-read the announcement and it really doesn’t sound like it should work that way. Leave it to DB to botch their own rewards program?
  • EDIT: I was able to successfully submit a claim the reward through the site, but I do not have another Bashir. My current monthly card has yet to expire, so I don't know about that yet.

Mine was in the Portal area.
  • EDIT: I was able to successfully submit a claim the reward through the site, but I do not have another Bashir. My current monthly card has yet to expire, so I don't know about that yet.

Mine was in the Portal area.

Outstanding. Mine was there also, many thanks.