Home The Bridge
Options

A New Mega-Event Approaches! Guess which character will be the recurrent Legendary reward crew

Comments

• Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    We better get Flashlight Data.
    So I read this as Fleshlight Data

I'm so glad it wasn't just me.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another missed opportunity for Admiral Valdore to enter the game. We better get Flashlight Data.

So I read this as Fleshlight Data, I knew the times I spent in the dark web would come to haunt me D:

Oh no. The visuals!
  • Options
    No. No. No.
    This needs to be stopped and changed instead of being pushed forward. Taking obscure or otherwise low screen time characters and using them as mega event 5*s makes some sense when they have big lore significance like Kortar, but it was a stretch even with Minuet, and she was a more memorable appearance than this.

This is just beyond terrible. This crew shouldn’t be a 5* at all, let alone for a recurring mega 5* spot. It’s absurd and offensive.

Offensive? I will give you credit, you made me laugh at that absurd claim.
  • Options
    How underwhelming. A lame character from a super lame episode. I feel like the recurring Mega should be more than this

Um... maybe appropriate for a Mega disappointing event...?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Kaitee wrote: »

(Just as others have said, OMG do not make her 400k on the threshold table, or so help me I will pack up my ship and start collecting pokemons or something.)

This x1000.

I dunno. 25000vp is practically giving those golds away. Wouldn't buying 72 shuttle rental tokens to get it be better for the bottom line?

I thought the point of the Mega Legendaries was to give the f2p-ers an equalizer - make them competitive. Or for newer players (me a few months ago) it showed how much better a fused legendary is. And it enticed me to spend. Don't underestimate their methods. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    w73qy2yiq2f9.png

:neutral:

The rest sure, but Balok isn’t worthy of a legendary either lol
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are doing the Ktarian episode why not have a recurring Wesley?
    4j4schp0cxxi.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It's always great when DB trolls the players.

Not.
  • Options
    This is really just unacceptably bad design that shows a serious lack of learning and effort. How could we possibly go from a Romulan Mega event with basically no Romulans to a Mega event headlined by a minor, obscure, irrelevant villain serving as the recurring 5*?
  • Options
    Will she take 400,000 VP to get each event?

• Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I get why DB might want to use this plot line as a backdrop. ‘The Game’ was a pretty horrifying episode when you consider the ramifications of half of Starfleet getting zombified into doing god knows what. It is an appropriately high stakes threat upon which you could build a good event. Doesn’t hurt that we might even get to see another variant of smoking hot Ashley Judd, though I’m not necessarily counting on it.

More likely that they screw it up by writing something like “Gee, I know we used to be unrepentantly evil, but now we just want to use our game to help people relax because they’re so stressed by the temporal crisis. Maybe the Ferengi Alliance, Section 31, or the Maquis want to help us build a gajillion headsets to pass around. But oh wait, the KCA or maybe the Romulans just want to have a big parade instead and only the version of Captain Janeway from ‘Workforce’ and/or Mirror Quark can make it happen.”

The other (obvious) problem is that featured legendary is indeed too obscure. Really unexciting. Unless the stats are boss, she’ll join Kumquat as the only other permanent 4/5 mega crew.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    That's pretty good. No, but for real, who's gonna be the recurring Legendary?
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t hurt that we might even get to see another variant of smoking hot Ashley Judd, though I’m not necessarily counting on it.

jlx7zyf6uidn.jpg

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that we get an Alamorain episode with Quark, dancing Sisko, Kira and Bashir.
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    All I have to say is Disappointing... Of all the rich characters that exist in various startrek shows, this is the one that is picked? Meh

Hopefully it will actual make sense when we find out the theme for the mega, not holding my breath thou;)
  • Options
    So we get a new Wesley and a new Robin lefler? One of a few episodes I actually like Wesley. So I'm not complaining.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Mountaineer Spock will be the legendary for the first week the theme needs to allow him to be event crew for the rest of the month as well. We keep having legendaries in these mega events that do not fit the theme and cannot be used in other week in the mega event. Makes getting them not very important.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh!?
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    I like the character ... hope she has decent stats
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    There are few characters left that would be 'worth' being a legendary mega character. So I understand the choice and I expect them to tie in a few events around the addictiveness of games or something.

I do hope that's not all of course, as it would be almost the same as the Minuet mega and her role in that story.

But 'the game' is quite good for a TNG episode. Wesley has an appearance but no longer annoying, a good guest role for Robin Lefler who might reappear in this mega, and a storyline that still relates to current everyday issues.
  • Options
    It's like DB wants me to skip another mega event. Minuet was barely an okay choice for a recurring legendary, then her stats were a huge letdown.

I didn't expect DB to DB twice in a row. Should have known better. I almost hope she has awful stats too, just so I don't have to look at her on my roster.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Antasil wrote: »
    There are few characters left that would be 'worth' being a legendary mega character. So I understand the choice and I expect them to tie in a few events around the addictiveness of games or something.
    I mean, I can think of a bunch - Kivas Fajo, if you're looking for a one-off TNG villain, Admiral Forest from Enterprise, freaking Jellico and Shelby from TNG, Suspiria from Voyager, Li Nalas from DS9, Decker from TOS; they're all ones off the top of my head that I would find far more interesting than Etana Jol (and far more deserving of that status), but if she services the story well and doesn't feel forced in, then I really don't see a problem with it. She wouldn't be the first weird recurring legendary, and is unlikely to be the last.

If I look at Spock's traits, the only one that I can see tying into an event with Etana would be the "casual" trait - maybe she's taking advantage of people while they're on shore leave for the holidays or something. But there really aren't enough crew with that trait to make it recurring feature, so what the heck do I know.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    If I look at Spock's traits, the only one that I can see tying into an event with Etana would be the "casual" trait - maybe she's taking advantage of people while they're on shore leave for the holidays or something. But there really aren't enough crew with that trait to make it recurring feature, so what the heck do I know.

Well, that would give me a reason to take Kelsey Grammer off the FE wait list. But would be even better if it gave us two more Tourist Jadzia’s to finish her off!

The list of Casuals is a very odd mishmash of interpretations of “Casual”. :-)
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    Or, perhaps DB knows something we don't w.r.t. Casual.

My prediction for Discovery Season 2:

The red angels will be the catalyst to stir the Alpha Quadrant from its unfortunate descent into Victorian prudishness, creating an awakening in consciousness unseen for 50 years.

The Klingons will stop shaving their hair and beards, going back to "au naturel", and end their unfortunate experiment with deodorant. Sybok will make his first appearance and take his early, tentative steps towards flower-child-extraordinaire. Miniskirts will appear in the Starfleet uniform retinue (because, y'know, the clock is kind of ticking on getting that timeline to sync up that one with TOS). Saru will get his very own Yeoman to leer at inappropriately, and any scene involving women will be shot with a vaseline-lens-cover, rather than in 4K HD clarity. Pike will be the first captain to use eyeliner, pre-dating Kirk by a few years.

Peace out, dudes.

jajaja... that would be epic! All of it!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Antasil wrote: »
    I mean, I can think of a bunch - Kivas Fajo, if you're looking for a one-off TNG villain, Admiral Forest from Enterprise, freaking Jellico and Shelby from TNG, Suspiria from Voyager, Li Nalas from DS9, Decker from TOS; they're all ones off the top of my head that I would find far more interesting than Etana Jol

Not to be controversial here, but I don’t see much of how Kivas Fajo would even be deserving of legendary status either. He was in a one-off episode of TNG, was somewhat interesting, but nothing awe-inducing. The others you mentioned are definitely more deserving though.

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.