Support for IamPicard App

191011121315»

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Kanon wrote: »
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Has the voyage multi-tap been fixed or is it expected that we should all be trying to do it now?
    It is fixed. There is no way to be sure, but it seems that it only worked during a small window of time after the release of 7.0.9 (probably the weekend, or less, until it was patched back)

I’m breaking my self imposed ban from these forums just to post to you.

I’m afraid I have some bad news for you. This was done via 0.8.3 desktop client, today. bj2fbtma0zys.jpeg

I don't know what to tell you. I can't seem to duplicate that behavior, and I'm using the game app, and IamPicard. Did you do that yourself or someone sent you the screenshot?

Yeah, doesn't happen to me either. I'm dubious how one person can supposedly reproduce it ad infinitum, but nobody else can.

There has to be something different assuming first hand undoctored information.

It has to do with a bad internet connection I believe.
    Edit: actually I mean slow internet connection.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Has the voyage multi-tap been fixed or is it expected that we should all be trying to do it now?
    It is fixed. There is no way to be sure, but it seems that it only worked during a small window of time after the release of 7.0.9 (probably the weekend, or less, until it was patched back)

I’m afraid I have some bad news for you. This was done via 0.8.3 desktop client, today. bj2fbtma0zys.jpeg

I don't know what to tell you. I can't seem to duplicate that behavior, and I'm using the game app, and IamPicard. Did you do that yourself or someone sent you the screenshot?

Yeah, doesn't happen to me either. I'm dubious how one person can supposedly reproduce it ad infinitum, but nobody else can.

I was thinking maybe it's the opposite. I'm in Argentina, internet providers are not the best, and we are probably 10 years behind regarding conectivity (I'm using 3g on my phone, and at home my download speed is like 1,5 Mb/s)
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I was thinking maybe it's the opposite. I'm in Argentina, internet providers are not the best, and we are probably 10 years behind regarding conectivity (I'm using 3g on my phone, and at home my download speed is like 1,5 Mb/s)

I tried from Singapore with a 250ms latency, and got nothing. Granted, I only tried once or twice. I tend to think closer and lower latency is more likely. Send multiple requests before the first is resolved 'cos the servers are still 386's running win95 and it takes them that long to run $rand(crap).
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    One has to wonder if you can multitap a begold?
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Interesting question. Seems plausible considering the other code flaws and unvalidated inputs accepted. Something I never would have thought to ponder if not for unnecessary drama and vitriolic attacks brought forth with the picard debacle.
  • On the offchance IAmPicard reads this thread just want to thank him for his work. Even though you cost me a damned fortune because your tool made me actually enjoy playing so I spent money :). I wont be buying anything more now unless DB manage to produce an interface that isnt outright painful to use. Hope the behaviour of some scumbags didnt cause you too much grief and all the best. Thanks Again.
  • I quit the game because I thought that DB was being evil by removing the tool. Now I see the reason why. I saw the video and I can't believe how the developer actually transformed a perfectly useful and good tool to something that was a cheating software. You don't program in something that would enable you to get multiple rewards and especially not one that would allow you to get up to 21 times the rewards that you should have received. It was right there in the code and you simply don't program it in if you don't intend to use it. This was way worse than a macro. This turned out to be a software that masqueraded as a legitimate tool but it had hidden cheating ability inside that the developer himself put in. To illustrate how damaging this tool turned out to be. Let's imagine one 8 hour voyage with the max rewards possible 2 4* dilemmas at 6 and 8 hours respectively and 1 3* dilemma at 4 hours and 1 2* dilemma at 2 hours. And you get 21* the rewards.
    That would mean that just from the dilemmas you would get:
    4830 chrons
    5880 honor
    21 2*crew, 21 3* crew and 42 4* crew. (worth 11550 honor)
    So if you airlock them all that would be 17430 honor. FROM ONE(!!!) VOYAGE. And you could run 2 of these 8h voyages per day. I heard that this code was in the build since July from the video. Imagine how much honor and chrons some people could have accumulated and used. Again without paying a single cent. Totally unacceptable! I initially supported the tool because it had many good features but it turned out that it evolved to something that was malicious in nature. Let's see furthermore. If this multi tap thing was a thing in voyages then we can assume that the gauntlet had the same issue. I have seen indications of it, I saw multiple times people gaining many hundreds and sometimes even thousands of points in the matter of seconds. And I have heard that the developer even developed a cheating thing for the shuttles. 50k VP for one shuttle?! The whole macroing skirmishes was nothing compared to this mess.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting question. Seems plausible considering the other code flaws and unvalidated inputs accepted. Something I never would have thought to ponder if not for unnecessary drama and vitriolic attacks brought forth with the picard debacle.

I'd be too afraid to even test that since most begolds only have a single crew that I don't already have FF and wouldn't want to chance not getting the crew I wanted LOL

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone hinted at it a while ago. I tried it in the game at one point and got a popup that seemed to indicate DB had put in a block to prevent it. I have no idea whether it's a UI block or server side and what someone could do with an automated tool.
  • I quit the game because I thought that DB was being evil by removing the tool. Now I see the reason why. I saw the video and I can't believe how the developer actually transformed a perfectly useful and good tool to something that was a cheating software. You don't program in something that would enable you to get multiple rewards and especially not one that would allow you to get up to 21 times the rewards that you should have received. It was right there in the code and you simply don't program it in if you don't intend to use it. This was way worse than a macro. This turned out to be a software that masqueraded as a legitimate tool but it had hidden cheating ability inside that the developer himself put in. To illustrate how damaging this tool turned out to be. Let's imagine one 8 hour voyage with the max rewards possible 2 4* dilemmas at 6 and 8 hours respectively and 1 3* dilemma at 4 hours and 1 2* dilemma at 2 hours. And you get 21* the rewards.
    4830 chrons
    5880 honor
    So if you airlock them all that would be 17430 honor. FROM ONE(!!!) VOYAGE. And you could run 2 of these 8h voyages per day. I heard that this code was in the build since July from the video. Imagine how much honor and chrons some people could have accumulated and used. Again without paying a single cent. Totally unacceptable! I initially supported the tool because it had many good features but it turned out that it evolved to something that was malicious in nature. Let's see furthermore. If this multi tap thing was a thing in voyages then we can assume that the gauntlet had the same issue. I have seen indications of it, I saw multiple times people gaining many hundreds and sometimes even thousands of points in the matter of seconds. And I have heard that the developer even developed a cheating thing for the shuttles. 50k VP for one shuttle?! The whole macroing skirmishes was nothing compared to this mess.

Why stop there, imagine if it looped to 100000000, so much honor!! Have you even tried the tool? I have and it doesn't even come close to working that way, you GET ONE REWARD not 21 lol. The multitap only works occasionally, like 10% of the time maybe even less and usually gives maybe 2x rewards not 21x.
  • edited January 2019
    I quit the game because I thought that DB was being evil by removing the tool. Now I see the reason why. I saw the video and I can't believe how the developer actually transformed a perfectly useful and good tool to something that was a cheating software. You don't program in something that would enable you to get multiple rewards and especially not one that would allow you to get up to 21 times the rewards that you should have received. It was right there in the code and you simply don't program it in if you don't intend to use it. This was way worse than a macro. This turned out to be a software that masqueraded as a legitimate tool but it had hidden cheating ability inside that the developer himself put in. To illustrate how damaging this tool turned out to be. Let's imagine one 8 hour voyage with the max rewards possible 2 4* dilemmas at 6 and 8 hours respectively and 1 3* dilemma at 4 hours and 1 2* dilemma at 2 hours. And you get 21* the rewards.
    4830 chrons
    5880 honor

Why stop there, imagine if it looped to 100000000, so much honor!! Have you even tried the tool? I have and it doesn't even come close to working that way, you GET ONE REWARD not 21 lol. The multitap only works occasionally, like 10% of the time maybe even less and usually gives maybe 2x rewards not 21x.

I have tried the desktop version, in fact I used it every day for way longer than half a year. But then maybe you have a answer how someone managed to get 14 blue crew as rewards (so 14* the rewards) from a single dilemma? Where is the explanation to that? It's cheating software. With a simple auto clicker, you could easily click 40 times per second or even more, you do the math... Maybe you just didn't figure out how to use the hidden cheat features but that doesn't mean that it wasn't there. Evidently it was there for a very good reason and that reason was that the developer wanted to put it in there to enable cheating.
  • Kanon wrote: »

Today you say... Since the tool has been down longer than that, and only people able to build from source code can make it running again for themselves...

You know what i'm saying without saying it.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Today you say... Since the tool has been down longer than that, and only people able to build from source code can make it running again for themselves...

You know what i'm saying without saying it.

The last version from the original dev can be made to run in about 2 minutes with a text editor.
  • my biggest problem with them killing IAmPicard is crew management.
    I have 175 Frozen crew members and 230 Crew, and i can no longer see who is a dupe and who i need to airlock.
    The game makes it virtually impossible unless i'd like to spend the whole day checking my frozen.......wait for it to load....... check my crew......wait for it to load..... repeat forever.
  • FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭

I tried to do this supposed built-in multitap exploit on the 0.8.3. Several times. Didn't work. You are supposed to spam "Random Choice", right? Nope, didn't work.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    i Thought the voyage multi tap is an issue with DB?
    Also, the reason it was brought up was to show that DB's own software has an exploit.
    Am I wrong?

Edit: I was wrong. Using IamPicard allowed for quicker tapping I guess. And again guessing, more efficient code allows for quicker tapping.

Edit2: could this just be the failure to add debouncing. Though I would expect that the operating system should supply the click to the client software, so no I guess.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad this cheating IAP thing has finally come out. DB took some serious bashing for simply saying it’s being investigated. It was an awful, awful cheat and had to go. The creator created it to cheat and had to go too. I’ve never used it because I wasn’t about to give a stranger my password and such. Definitely not doing that. This whole thing reminds me of the steroid era in baseball where everyone that had a bat hit 50 home runs. Event scores were so inflated. It was obvious some of the STT players were juiced. Now that this huge major cheat is gone, I will be back on the event leaderboards, as you can see now and will next week. I wasn’t about to try and compete with the STT steroid monsters but now that it’s been taken down by that oh so poor guy who got so much support for being a fricken cheater, I feel safe to compete on an even level for all again. And boo hoo to those who now have to actually select their own voyage crew and run their own gauntlets. Some of us have been doing that all along. (Side note. I didn’t read the entire thread. It is very large. Did it also come out that shuttle successes were being multi-tapped as well? To the tune of 40,000 VP for one shuttle success? Just curious cause that was what made me most upset)
  • FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    *snip*

So much innocence, that's cute. But let me inform you that there are several other apps that are way more efficient and were openly made to cheat. In fact, my ranking in the events is WAY worse than before IAP has been taken down.
    Fetaro wrote: »
    *snip*

So much innocence, that's cute. But let me inform you that there are several other apps that are way more efficient and were openly made to cheat. In fact, my ranking in the events is WAY worse than before IAP has been taken down.

Curious. Isn’t that cute too about your rankings. The real point was none were so openly and widely used as this one. And the outcry of support for the creator being treated like such a horrible monster when all he did was create an innocent (your word too) helpful tool. The other tools were no where near this one in popularity

Thank you DB. For taking the steroids out of the game. Or at least for making the creator “retire” and hide in shame
  • FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    *snip*

Curious. Isn’t that cute too about your rankings. The real point was none were so openly and widely used as this one. And the outcry of support for the creator being treated like such a horrible monster when all he did was create an innocent (your word too) helpful tool. The other tools were no where near this one in popularity

You know what's more openly and widely used? The official client. Multi-tapping is possible, right now, in the game.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *snip*

You know what's more openly and widely used? The official client. Multi-tapping is possible, right now, in the game.

The official client wasn’t letting people get 30 crew at a dilemma like the version of iampicard posted at beta.iampicard.com was.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    *snip*

The official client wasn’t letting people get 30 crew at a dilemma like the version of iampicard posted at beta.iampicard.com was.
    Thanks, did not realize
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad this cheating IAP thing has finally come out. DB took some serious bashing for simply saying it’s being investigated. It was an awful, awful cheat and had to go. The creator created it to cheat and had to go too. I’ve never used it because I wasn’t about to give a stranger my password and such. Definitely not doing that. This whole thing reminds me of the steroid era in baseball where everyone that had a bat hit 50 home runs. Event scores were so inflated. It was obvious some of the STT players were juiced. Now that this huge major cheat is gone, I will be back on the event leaderboards, as you can see now and will next week. I wasn’t about to try and compete with the STT steroid monsters but now that it’s been taken down by that oh so poor guy who got so much support for being a fricken cheater, I feel safe to compete on an even level for all again. And boo hoo to those who now have to actually select their own voyage crew and run their own gauntlets. Some of us have been doing that all along. (Side note. I didn’t read the entire thread. It is very large. Did it also come out that shuttle successes were being multi-tapped as well? To the tune of 40,000 VP for one shuttle success? Just curious cause that was what made me most upset)

“Were” inflated? That’s still a thing.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Most IAP users weren't aware of the lack of a timeout feature on the dilemmas and shuttles. I'm sure you are all **tsk tsk** on the "disparition" (spoiler alert : we can still use it) of the app, but the cheaters will switch to other real cheating apps. There's even a fleet who maintain and give such an app. If something has changed, it's for the worse. You won't realize it, of course, you are too busy gloating that everyone will have to waste again hours and hours checking for duplicates in their crew like you always did.

I’ve never had a real problem with any read only functionality in the app. Once it started going beyond that I was concerned it would provide a road map or crowd source the coding for most of the work necessary to automate things like the the voyage multitap bug. However if you have any concern for the long term health if the game you can’t actually use those concerns in a public forum since you might just be giving people who would abuse those things ideas.

And using discarding duplicates isn’t exactly a good argument in a conversation with someone who has had every purple or lower card in the game ff/fe within a few hours (if not minutes) of the cards being available for 9 months or so, other than a few days when the two new cards were added to voyages
  • all of you who are bitching about IAP.
    the IAP dressed issues, that DB refused to address for over 2 yeas.
    they still havent adressed the issues that IAP helped with.
    you think IAP was so widly used becaues it was a secret
    IAP was publicly available. so now instead of one known app
    you have every one who even remotely knows code using their own versions
    your cure for IAP caused the IAP to mutates and spawn 10000 or more different ones
    all of who "are or may at some time play with it and create far worse exploits.
    you havent exterminated the IAP, you have simply turned it into an epidemic.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we all agree that there some obviously great things about the app and some obviously dubious things about it and move away from painting everything in black and white.

The discussion should be about where the line between those two places is (or maybe 2 lines, maybe there should be a neutral zone). There should also be a discussion of the role of DB in helping us form these lines.

People shouting from the extreme ends of the argument and/or accusing regular players of cheating or gloating is a waste of everyone's time.

Has anyone created a version of the app without the elements that concern reasonable people, i.e. the Gauntlet and Voyage setting elements?
  • I think that most people here wouldn't have had a problem with the app if it didn't actually interact with the game. Displaying percentages for gauntlet matches should have been a feature in the official game, but regardless if it only would have read the data and calculated it but you would still have to manually play the gauntlet using the official app then I think most people would not have any problems with it (because it would essentially only be a fancy calculator). Same with the voyage thing, if it only gave the recommended crew (also a fancy calculator) and didn't have the ability to launch a voyage and especially not have the ability to resolve any dilemmas. In fact it used to be exactly like I just described above. Back then the app was great, but the developer himself turned it into something that started as a great spreadsheet/calculator app to a spreadsheet/calculator/cheat app.