Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: From the Ashes - 02/21 (Mega-Event Part 4)

Comments

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Flemming wrote: »
    Even with the Event Bonus, Defiant Commander Worf is weak compared to other 4* crew with small bonuses. (Wondering if I even want to thaw him)

Even with his X3 bonus, almost every single 4* Discovery and Worf card comes in ahead of him. Only First Officer Saru and Ba'ku Worf are weaker.

I would recommend against thawing.

I'm confused. How is Ba'ku Worf weaker than Civil War Worf or Duchamps?

With base stats and the x3 faction event bonus (excluding starbase/collection bonuses), Defiant Commander Worf has 1827 "event base" Sec. To match that, you need a bonus crew (x2) with 914 base. If you go for the galaxy (x10) it's 6090 "event base," and 1218 base for a bonus crew (x5) to match.

Ba'ku Worf has 902 Sec (1804 "event base"), which ends up less than DC Worf. Niners Worf, who has 1185 base Sec, is still not as good as DC Worf for the galaxy part (still better for the faction though). Section 31 Georgiou also ends up short for the faction at 904 base. The Ripper (really high base Sec), Disco Pike (also event crew), and Kol (also event crew) are the only characters that beat DC Worf in the galaxy portion for Sec (assuming no traits). It gets more complicated if you add AND or OR with other skills to the equation.

So unvault DC Worf if you want to do well in the event.

I think Robownage was confused.

- Civil War Worf is clearly the "weakest" Worf if you want to compare SEC ... keep FROZEN unless we get a ton of SEC seats.
    - Duchamps is the best Worf for DIP ... but there are a ton of Disco crew that have better DIP ... keep FROZEN unless you don't have any 5* Disco/Worf crew.
    - Sheriff Worf is only decent for CMD ... and will probably be of use ... DEFROST.
    - DC Worf ... DEFROST
    - Ba'ku Worf ... has good SEC and only Lt. Tyler and Section 31 Georgiou are better for 4* SEC (and DC Worf) ... DEFROST.

Of your Disco 4*s
    - Landry ... pants, won't be needed especially with all the Worf variants, as they all have some amount of SEC ... keep FRZOEN.
    - Sarek ... depends how you are for DIP, but probably not worth it ... keep FROZEN.
    - Lt Commander Airiam ... borderline case ... probably not worth defrosting (FO Saru is better).
    - First Officer Saru ... borderline case, depends on the amount of SCI seats and especially if there is a SCI&CMD seat as he's #1 option there ...
    - the rest ... DEFROST.

For the Galaxy portion just freeze most after making around 15 items to get a good idea of who you're using.

I'm assuming the reader has some 5* Disco crew (Cornwell, T'Kuvma, Kol, Suus Mahna Sarek ... these we all got for "free") and Will Scarlett (free - though kinda pants) and all the 4*s.
    edited February 2019
    Any ideas on the rerun?

I'd assume a straight Faction ... but there's a weird sequence:
    - We skipped Season of Love 3 ... would have been the third time it was run ... heh, maybe they need a bartender to offer some well-needed relief after a good fight?

- Next on the list of re-runs is Alpha & Omega ... but a bartender doesn't seem to fit well there, unless those involved want to drink themselves into doom.

- The one after is Shore Leave ... good fit for a bartender, great for unwinding and relieving stress I'd reckon.

Galaxy re-run? ... boy I'd hope not, so not even going to consider it.

Expedition re-run?
    - That would mean Ribbon of Joy ... yeah, I can see a bartender there.
  • RaraRacing wrote: »
    Any ideas on the rerun?

- We skipped Season of Love 3 ... would have been the third time it was run ... heh, maybe they need a bartender to offer some well-needed relief after a good fight?

- Next on the list of re-runs is Alpha & Omega ... but a bartender doesn't seem to fit well there, unless those involved want to drink themselves into doom.

- The one after is Shore Leave ... good fit for a bartender, great for unwinding and relieving stress I'd reckon.

Expedition re-run?

Might fit in Alpha and Omega, Janeway might be Sec 31 but she is wearing clothes from the killing game.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas on the rerun?

Ya, its called "I need to be recruiting instead of goofing off......" :tongue::neutral:

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • guest_questguest_quest ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Is Governor Worf considered a Worf variant?

I don't have him, but the wiki (https://stt.wiki/wiki/Governor_Worf) lists him as a Worf variant.

Colonel Worf, however, is not, as that's his grandfather.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Any ideas on the rerun?

Expedition re-run?

Might fit in Alpha and Omega, Janeway might be Sec 31 but she is wearing clothes from the killing game.

It's for sure Alpha and Omega. Get your Janeway's ready.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Any ideas on the rerun?

Expedition re-run?

It's for sure Alpha and Omega. Get your Janeway's ready.

I'd be ok with that. My Agent Janeway could use more stars.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Governor Worf considered a Worf variant?
    Usually no.

He was introduced Jan 1st and we haven't had a Worf event since then. He certainly should count as a Worf variant since that's exactly what he is.

Perhaps you're thinking of Colonel Worf.
  • Bartender Tuvok...unless I'm mistaken, the Killing Game strikes again. We’ve got to be close to being able to have a Killing Game Collection, no?

How about a "Worst of" Collection: Welseys, Keikos, Alexanders, Neelixes, Jakes, Nogs, Archers (oh now I did it!).....

No Michaels or Stamets?
  • robownage wrote: »
    Even with the Event Bonus, Defiant Commander Worf is weak compared to other 4* crew with small bonuses. (Wondering if I even want to thaw him)

Even with his X3 bonus, almost every single 4* Discovery and Worf card comes in ahead of him. Only First Officer Saru and Ba'ku Worf are weaker.

What are you basing that on? Defiant Commander Worf is 609 security. With 3x bonus he is 1827. Any 2x bonus crew would have to be 914 or higher to be better and no other 4* Worfs, Tylers, Burnhams, Georgious, Mudds, Landry, or Sarus are that high. Unless I am miscalculating or forgetting someone I do not see any 4* crew higher than Defiant Commander Worf unless the shuttle slots are Command + Security. Are you using your crew in game that have starbase and cryo bonuses and comparing them to stt.wiki stats for Defiant Commander Worf without starbase and cryo bonuses? What 4* crew are you saying are better?

I'm with Apollo on this.
    I cannot find any examples.
  • Also:
    Way jazzed about Tuxedo Tuvok!
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed that we don't have a Detmer yet... :(

We could even have a 2/3* and a 4*: Shenzhou Keyla Detmer and Disco Keyla Detmer
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Siranna? Really? Well, personally I think there are much better choices (Mirror Lorca, Mirror Burnham, Kayla Demeter etc.) but since I am not one to cause trouble on the forums I shall keep it to myself and be happy we’re getting more Disco crew!

My point exactly!!! Where is mirror Captain Michael Burnham!!!????? I've been asking this for months now!!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »
    so with the Disco bonus list AND now Worf next week, will this be the biggest pool of event bonus characters outside of any of the species (Klingon, Vulcan) megas?

and as always thanks for posting and good to have you back Shan!!

I believe Laws of Nature takes the cake.
  • Aldude wrote: »
    Disappointed that we don't have a Detmer yet... :(

We could even have a 2/3* and a 4*: Shenzhou Keyla Detmer and Disco Keyla Detmer

Quoting this to reinforce the need for Detmer
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We definetly need more Discovery crew like Detmer, Mirror Burnham, Owosekun and others. Hopefully we will get them in the next Discovery mega month.
    Let’s fly!
  • kobakoba ✭✭✭
    Siranna? Really? Well, personally I think there are much better choices (Mirror Lorca, Mirror Burnham, Kayla Demeter etc.) but since I am not one to cause trouble on the forums I shall keep it to myself and be happy we’re getting more Disco crew!

pzs11bggvd6c.gif

Wait! We already have Mirror Lorca, don't we? Captain Lorca is Mirror. Not-Mirror Lorca was that never seen unlucky fellow who was lost somewhere in the Mirror Universe.

Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • I want a 4* Version of Lorca 😅👍
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That should be Rebel Lorca.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »
    Siranna? Really? Well, personally I think there are much better choices (Mirror Lorca, Mirror Burnham, Kayla Demeter etc.) but since I am not one to cause trouble on the forums I shall keep it to myself and be happy we’re getting more Disco crew!

pzs11bggvd6c.gif

Wait! We already have Mirror Lorca, don't we? Captain Lorca is Mirror. Not-Mirror Lorca was that never seen unlucky fellow who was lost somewhere in the Mirror Universe.

Technically. I want this one though:

vq63dlpt6h80.jpeg

I want this one too. It's so tragic that there is only one Lorca in the game. :(
    Farewell 🖖
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

With base stats and the x3 faction event bonus (excluding starbase/collection bonuses), Defiant Commander Worf has 1827 "event base" Sec. To match that, you need a bonus crew (x2) with 914 base. If you go for the galaxy (x10) it's 6090 "event base," and 1218 base for a bonus crew (x5) to match.

Ba'ku Worf has 902 Sec (1804 "event base"), which ends up less than DC Worf. Niners Worf, who has 1185 base Sec, is still not as good as DC Worf for the galaxy part (still better for the faction though). Section 31 Georgiou also ends up short for the faction at 904 base. The Ripper (really high base Sec), Disco Pike (also event crew), and Kol (also event crew) are the only characters that beat DC Worf in the galaxy portion for Sec (assuming no traits). It gets more complicated if you add AND or OR with other skills to the equation.

- Civil War Worf is clearly the "weakest" Worf if you want to compare SEC ... keep FROZEN unless we get a ton of SEC seats.
    - Duchamps is the best Worf for DIP ... but there are a ton of Disco crew that have better DIP ... keep FROZEN unless you don't have any 5* Disco/Worf crew.
    - Sheriff Worf is only decent for CMD ... and will probably be of use ... DEFROST.
    - DC Worf ... DEFROST
    - Ba'ku Worf ... has good SEC and only Lt. Tyler and Section 31 Georgiou are better for 4* SEC (and DC Worf) ... DEFROST.

Of your Disco 4*s
    - Landry ... pants, won't be needed especially with all the Worf variants, as they all have some amount of SEC ... keep FRZOEN.
    - Sarek ... depends how you are for DIP, but probably not worth it ... keep FROZEN.
    - Lt Commander Airiam ... borderline case ... probably not worth defrosting (FO Saru is better).
    - First Officer Saru ... borderline case, depends on the amount of SCI seats and especially if there is a SCI&CMD seat as he's #1 option there ...
    - the rest ... DEFROST.

For the Galaxy portion just freeze most after making around 15 items to get a good idea of who you're using.

I'm assuming the reader has some 5* Disco crew (Cornwell, T'Kuvma, Kol, Suus Mahna Sarek ... these we all got for "free") and Will Scarlett (free - though kinda pants) and all the 4*s.

I was definitely confused - for some reason I was adding up all three bases (for those that have three) instead of just the top one and pair.

That said, I'm still not sure he'll do much good this event. I'm finishing him off because it's something to focus my resources on, but I don't expect him to be top choice for shuttles by any stretch of the imagination.

- DC Worf ... DEFROST

Of your Disco 4*s
    - the rest ... DEFROST.

I was definitely confused - for some reason I was adding up all three bases (for those that have three) instead of just the top one and pair.

That said, I'm still not sure he'll do much good this event. I'm finishing him off because it's something to focus my resources on, but I don't expect him to be top choice for shuttles by any stretch of the imagination.

Heh, I only have him 1/4 FE ... so I'm hoping for 3 more copies so I can finally freeze him. :)
  • We definetly need more Discovery crew like Detmer, Mirror Burnham, Owosekun and others. Hopefully we will get them in the next Discovery mega month.

I think we have enough ST:D crew for the time being. They've only finished one season and started a second, plus its data-only.

There are notable under representations in almost thirty seasons of ST:TOS through ST:E, plus ten movies. Good lord.

We should do a mega-event on each show, plus one for each movie too. There are too many iconic cards we haven't seen yet, from actual television shows and big screen.
  • Woghd wrote: »
    We definetly need more Discovery crew like Detmer, Mirror Burnham, Owosekun and others. Hopefully we will get them in the next Discovery mega month.

I think we have enough ST:D crew for the time being. They've only finished one season and started a second, plus its data-only.

There are notable under representations in almost thirty seasons of ST:TOS through ST:E, plus ten movies. Good lord.

We should do a mega-event on each show, plus one for each movie too. There are too many iconic cards we haven't seen yet, from actual television shows and big screen.

Discovery is the only currently running show. We do not have all the crew for the show. I believe we have all the main crew for the other shows. I would not mind unique characters and crew from the other treks but often we just get multiple versions of the same crew over and over. I would prefer a Lt. Detmer or a Lt. Owosekun that we have none of rather than a 12th Spock, a 13th Kirk, or a 19th Picard.

I very respectfully disagree. Multiple Kirks, Picards, Janeways, etc. Have had many versions due to 30 or so seasons of Startrek on Television and the bigscreen. I don't feel that a season and a half of a new show warrants, say, legions of Michael Burnams, just as an example.

Perhaps seven years from now after a successful run, but at this rate this new show, only one complete season in, data streamed, and paid, will totally dominate over 30 seasons of actual Star Trek from Television and the big screen.

I'm all for pushing the new show, I get that, but lets not push 50-60 years of Star Trek aside in the process. Its only finished one season for Pete's sakes.

Full Disclosure: I thought the last episode was pretty good. It really seemed to recapture some of the magic. Star Trek has always told stories about the human condition, stories that make us look at ourselves. They did a pretty good job of that this time around, and I hope this continues!
    :)
  • Woghd wrote: »

Discovery is the only currently running show. We do not have all the crew for the show. I believe we have all the main crew for the other shows. I would not mind unique characters and crew from the other treks but often we just get multiple versions of the same crew over and over. I would prefer a Lt. Detmer or a Lt. Owosekun that we have none of rather than a 12th Spock, a 13th Kirk, or a 19th Picard.

Now I want the missing 16th 17th and 18th Picard!!