Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: From the Ashes - 02/21 (Mega-Event Part 4)

1235»

Comments

• Flemming wrote: »
    What is with all the Med/Command combo slots? Siranna is Dip/Med/Sci, Pike is Com/Sec/Dip, Worf is Sec/Com. I do not know of any bonus Discovery or Worf crew that has both Medical and Command.

Cornwell - Med/Dip/Sec
    Culber - Med/Sci
    Mirror Stamets (getting desperate here) - Sci/Eng/Med

Yep, not a Medical Commander in sight. SMH.

I did not say "Medical Commander" I said Medical/Command combo crew that are bonus as in Medical + Command. Cornwell is not, Culber is not, Mirror Stamets is not, Siranna is not, Navigator Stamets is not. With "AND" slots you want to have both and yet 4 of the 6 three slot shuttle missions have Medical + Command crew slots.

I like the name "Medical Commander"

Will go well with Surgeon Colonel
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    This CMD MED is an interesting one, as I think about it more and more, I ask is it a ploy to get more honor purchases on Captain Beverly?

I certainly am thinking whether it would be good time to start citing Reverend Phlox that's for sure.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Random data dump today - here's how From the Ashes ranks in terms of # of 4* + 5* bonus crew available at the time of even (limited to Faction or Faction/Galaxy hybrids)t:

96 - Laws of Nature (2018) [Physician, Brutal, Spiritual Barclay]
    67 - Butchers of Beta Penthe (2018) [Klingon, Terran Empire, Tilly, Kes]
    56 - Joy to the World (2018) [Pilot, Sisko, Alexander, Riker]
    56 - Reunification (2018) [Vulcan, Romulan, Picard, Deanna Troi]
    54 - Captain's Oath (2018 Rerun) [Starfleet Captains, Sulu]
    53 - From the Ashes (2019) [Discovery Crew, Pike, Worf]
    47 - Pygmalion (2018) [Hologram, Nog, Crusher, Worf]
    45 - Silent Night (2018) [Pilot, Wesley, Paris]
    44 - Fire With Fire (2018) [Vulcan, Romulan, Kirk]
    43 - Operation: Earth (2017) [Mirror Universe, Deanna Troi, La Forge, Janeway]
    41 - Might Makes Right (2019) [Discovery Crew, Georgiou, L'Rell, Garak]
    40 - Blood for Blood (2017) [Klingon, Janeway]

The average number of 4*+5* bonus crew going all the way back to the beginning is 21.5 While the numbers have of course gone up over time, there were plenty of Factions or Hybrids in the 10-15 range in 2018 as well ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    This CMD MED is an interesting one, as I think about it more and more, I ask is it a ploy to get more honor purchases on Captain Beverly?

I certainly am thinking whether it would be good time to start citing Reverend Phlox that's for sure.

I have her FEd with two stars, and she has not been much help in this event.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    What is with all the Med/Command combo slots? Siranna is Dip/Med/Sci, Pike is Com/Sec/Dip, Worf is Sec/Com. I do not know of any bonus Discovery or Worf crew that has both Medical and Command.

Cornwell - Med/Dip/Sec
    Culber - Med/Sci
    Mirror Stamets (getting desperate here) - Sci/Eng/Med

Yep, not a Medical Commander in sight. SMH.

I did not say "Medical Commander" I said Medical/Command combo crew that are bonus as in Medical + Command. Cornwell is not, Culber is not, Mirror Stamets is not, Siranna is not, Navigator Stamets is not. With "AND" slots you want to have both and yet 4 of the 6 three slot shuttle missions have Medical + Command crew slots.

I like the name "Medical Commander"

Will go well with Surgeon Colonel

Major Medical?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »

As proficiency-heavy as she is and given that there is no bonus, I wouldn’t expect her to be useful even when immortal unless you don’t have any better crew for MED base skill - with or without COM.
  • Flemming wrote: »

As proficiency-heavy as she is and given that there is no bonus, I wouldn’t expect her to be useful even when immortal unless you don’t have any better crew for MED base skill - with or without COM.

She is nothing special and surely not worth 100K.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Saru's sister, I suppose to tie in with next week's episode.

And I'm guessing Bartender Tuvok is another Killing Game character. Could this mean we finally get a Killing Game collection!?

I was thinking I thought that was who she is.
    He mentioned her in Episode One of Season Two? And she had a Short Trek?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I just realized
    3yi24v7g2ryk.png

Protomorphosis Worf fits right in with Discovery Klingons

What happened to the Klingons?
    3a2f0dayfh8w.jpg

Discovery gives a whole new, potentially horribly dark, meaning to this line. Perhaps there was a genocidal Klingon ethnic cleansing at the turn of the century.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Horseman Picard

r3mkoeh7dsy9.jpeg
    That was a great episode. Picard running around stopping bad guys and vulcan neck pinching Tuvok.
    g3a7120tix6u.jpg
    wdarkibj6q0i.jpg
    That would be a great episode to have an event around with a new Picard and the Tim Russ being a bad guy Tuvok variant. It is very cool there will be a new Picard series. I hope that the anti-Discovery people will not be anti-Picard series people as well. Demanding that the new Picard show be more like TNG and less like whatever it is and demanding DB ignore the new Picard show as well. In the meantime I am forward to the event this week. Sirana is cool and I just saw the Killing Game Voyager episode with Bartender Tuvok on tv yesterday. Thanks DB.
    54wby9cmymti.jpg

This was a really awesome episode, and I think you have a really good idea for the new Picard show. The rumor mill says it should be pretty awesome. Patrick Stewart also had a few promising words to day about it as well.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes new Picard show should be good provided people are open to a new show and do not expect it to be exactly like TNG.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something? I don't recall an episode with Picard and Tuvok.
    Am I missing something? I don't recall an episode with Picard and Tuvok.

Tim Russ played one of the highjackers in "Starship Mine". As did Patricia Tallman of "Babylon Five" and the remake of "Night of the Living Dead".
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Yes he wasnt Tuvok though, he was a mercenary.
    Let’s fly!
    Yes he wasnt Tuvok though, he was a mercenary.

People do that. It irritates me.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I just realized
    3yi24v7g2ryk.png

3a2f0dayfh8w.jpg

Discovery gives a whole new, potentially horribly dark, meaning to this line. Perhaps there was a genocidal Klingon ethnic cleansing at the turn of the century.

In my headcanon, Klingon facial ridges change through the centuries due to them going in and out of style; Worf's comment is reflecting more on being embarrased by the ridiculous surgeries Klingons of the past went through, much as we are embarrased by the fashions of decades past.
    Klingons keep changing, getting less and less human looking. Provided Star Trek shows keep coming who knows what they will look like in 50 years.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    What victory point level can be expected in this type of event?

I have about 444K having never crafted anything this galaxy portion. That currently puts me at rank 714. I previously assumed that I would need about 550K to be safe, but now I'm not sure.
    I have been at 522K and watching my rate of rank decline all day ... right now it looks safe but I will be monitoring. I think the last hybrid was right around 500.
    edited February 2019

Reverend Phlox is great in voyages but my 5/5 Phlox was not used once in this event. Siranna was better as was my T'kuvma and others.
    Let’s fly!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reverend Phlox is great in voyages but my 5/5 Phlox was not used once in this event. Siranna was better as was my T'kuvma and others.

Yea, Rev Phlox being a top 'MED and CMD' shuttler isn't a huge accolade as that rank is more a factor of the lack of options. His 1304 unboosted score in that seat would be matched by any 652 single base bonus crew. There are 156 CMD and 41 MED crew who can contribute that amount with a single base and when you factor in the 2x bonus multiplier's effect on shuttle boosts, the number's even higher.

That being said, he's extremely impressive on voyages, again, due in part to a lack of competitive options.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, a lot of my 2/5* command base cards were more useful than EMA or Defensive Phlox. I even found running a few 4seat missions in my mix helped spread out the skill sets, allowing more of my best crew to be used.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I just realized
    3yi24v7g2ryk.png

3a2f0dayfh8w.jpg

In my headcanon, Klingon facial ridges change through the centuries due to them going in and out of style; Worf's comment is reflecting more on being embarrased by the ridiculous surgeries Klingons of the past went through, much as we are embarrased by the fashions of decades past.

I see it as simple species differentiation. Humans have far more variation than we’ve traditionally seen in alien races in sci-fi. They started to touch on it with the introduction of the Reemans in Nemesis. Giving Klingons realistic diversity has been a long-overdue move in Trek.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Does anyone have an idea at what VP level rank 1500 ended up?
    Imokles wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea at what VP level rank 1500 ended up?

No one else is biting, so I can start off and offer that it was something less than 543K (rank 957)
  • I believe somewhere between 490k and 495k.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?