Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: From the Ashes - 02/21 (Mega-Event Part 4)

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: From the Ashes
Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
Event Crew: Christopher Pike 5* (New), Siranna 4* (New), and Defiant Commander Worf 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 02/21 until Monday 02/25

Ranked Reward 5*: Bartender Tuvok (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 02/28.

Mega-Event recurrent featured crew: Kol of House Kor 5* (Existing)

Event Factions:
Federation, Klingon Empire, Section 31

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Pike, Worf, and all Discovery crew.

Current Discovery crew:

2 Desert Michael Burnham
2 Prisoner Michael Burnham
2 L'Rell
2 Lieutenant Commander Saru
2 Off-Duty Tilly
2 Off-Duty Stamets
4 Lt Commander Airiam
4 Graduation Michael Burnham
4 Tactical Michael Burnham
4 Prospect Michael Burnham
4 Armed Philippa Georgiou
4 Section 31 Philippa Georgiou
4 Commander Ellen Landry
4 Time Loop Mudd
4 Sarek
4 First Officer Saru
4 Reinforcements Stamets
4 Celebratory Ash Tyler
4 Lt. Ash Tyler
4 Torchbearer Voq
5 Away Team Michael Burnham
5 EV Suit Burnham
5 First Officer Burnham
5 Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
5 Dr. Hugh Culber
5 Desert Philippa Georgiou
5 Emperor Philippa Georgiou
5 Kol of House Kor
5 Covert Operative Leland
5 Captain Lorca
5 Chancellor L'Rell
5 Vengeful L'Rell
5 Harcourt Fenton Mudd
5 Bridge Officer Number One
5 Torchbearer Rejac
5 The Prophet
5 Suus Mahna Sarek
5 Away Team Saru
5 Mirror Shukar
5 Ripper
5 Cadet Sylvia Tilly
5 Captain Killy
5 T'Kuvma
5 Tyler, Son of None
5 Mirror Paul Stamets

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    new Tuvok nice
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bartender Tuvok...unless I'm mistaken, the Killing Game strikes again. We’ve got to be close to being able to have a Killing Game Collection, no?
    I wonder what the rerun will be then
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's time for a rerun, could it be Alpha and Omega? Featured Agent Janeway, who is partially derived from Killing Game.
    there's also merry men with GI chakotay I think there is usually a rerun after a mega
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the info Shan and thx for giving it a few minutes early so I could have the option of buying the Tuesday pack. Event looks good just waiting on that cheesecake seven.
    Let’s fly!
  • Siranna? Really? Well, personally I think there are much better choices (Mirror Lorca, Mirror Burnham, Kayla Demeter etc.) but since I am not one to cause trouble on the forums I shall keep it to myself and be happy we’re getting more Disco crew!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • I'm in for Siranna, and I'll try to stay out of the way of those of you chasing Bartender Tuvok.
  • Oooh, I dig it.
  • hr93t2o1b64b.png
    Must be this Tuvok?

YUP!
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Ugh. That Worf is one of the weakest crew in the game. I still think DB should give at least a small number bump to those old crew now worthless in light of power creep. I doubt Worf will even earn a place on one of four shuttles.

We have had a lot of older and weaker crew as the existing 4*s for the past few months (excluding reruns).

Captain Q
    Chief O'Brien
    Mirror Garak
    1701 Jadzia
    Drone Seven
    Lore
    Angel 1 Riker
    Bridge Officer Troi
    Commando Shran
    Temporal Agent Seven
    Captain Proton Paris
    Vic Fontaine

Those crew all have poor to fair base stats and poor to fair prof. Simply, they are worthless except for events (and event then, as event crew they may be outclassed by 4* bonus crew).

At least the new 4*s have been thresholds lately.
  • Ikrit wrote: »
    Ugh. That Worf is one of the weakest crew in the game. I still think DB should give at least a small number bump to those old crew now worthless in light of power creep. I doubt Worf will even earn a place on one of four shuttles.

We have had a lot of older and weaker crew as the existing 4*s for the past few months (excluding reruns).

Captain Q
    Chief O'Brien
    Mirror Garak
    1701 Jadzia
    Drone Seven
    Lore
    Angel 1 Riker
    Bridge Officer Troi
    Commando Shran
    Temporal Agent Seven
    Captain Proton Paris
    Vic Fontaine

Those crew all have poor to fair base stats and poor to fair prof. Simply, they are worthless except for events (and event then, as event crew they may be outclassed by 4* bonus crew).

These have been a positive boon to players who have not been around for much more than a year, completing LOTS of crew.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so with the Disco bonus list AND now Worf next week, will this be the biggest pool of event bonus characters outside of any of the species (Klingon, Vulcan) megas?

and as always thanks for posting and good to have you back Shan!!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

If there are any SEC-only shuttle slots, I think he’ll be useful - I know I would prefer to use Kol, Section 31 Georgiou, Mirror Shukar, and T’Kuvma on AND slots with diplomacy or command.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Bartender Tuvok...unless I'm mistaken, the Killing Game strikes again. We’ve got to be close to being able to have a Killing Game Collection, no?

How about a "Worst of" Collection: Welseys, Keikos, Alexanders, Neelixes, Jakes, Nogs, Archers (oh now I did it!).....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Ikrit wrote: »

Captain Q
    Chief O'Brien
    Mirror Garak
    1701 Jadzia
    Drone Seven
    Lore
    Angel 1 Riker
    Bridge Officer Troi
    Commando Shran
    Temporal Agent Seven
    Captain Proton Paris
    Vic Fontaine

These have been a positive boon to players who have not been around for much more than a year, completing LOTS of crew.

Very true, but I think that the newer players would rather have Robin Hood Picard, Combat Medic Paris, or Lal, who are still among the strongest 4*s despite being released in 2017. I know you can't just have strong crew every week, but when Mirror Garak shows up in 4 unique events (and 1 rerun so far), I think it's time to retire him.
  • I wonder if they've been giving us repeats of weaker crew to give people a shot at those last stars on them, for freezing/collections?

Personally, my DCWorf has been sitting at 3/4/90 since the last Worf event (don't remember what he was before then). I'll probably finish gearing him up, just so I can freeze him when the event's over.
    edited February 2019
    Good time to work on my 4/4 ba’ku worf and 1/4 dc worf but I will say this “ugh ID codes and prune juice”
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the Event Bonus, Defiant Commander Worf is weak compared to other 4* crew with small bonuses. (Wondering if I even want to thaw him)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Even with the Event Bonus, Defiant Commander Worf is weak compared to other 4* crew with small bonuses. (Wondering if I even want to thaw him)

Even with his X3 bonus, almost every single 4* Discovery and Worf card comes in ahead of him. Only First Officer Saru and Ba'ku Worf are weaker.

I would recommend against thawing.
    edited February 2019
    robownage wrote: »

Even with his X3 bonus, almost every single 4* Discovery and Worf card comes in ahead of him. Only First Officer Saru and Ba'ku Worf are weaker.

What are you basing that on? Defiant Commander Worf is 609 security. With 3x bonus he is 1827. Any 2x bonus crew would have to be 914 or higher to be better and no other 4* Worfs, Tylers, Burnhams, Georgious, Mudds, Landry, or Sarus are that high. Unless I am miscalculating or forgetting someone I do not see any 4* crew higher than Defiant Commander Worf unless the shuttle slots are Command + Security. Are you using your crew in game that have starbase and cryo bonuses and comparing them to stt.wiki stats for Defiant Commander Worf without starbase and cryo bonuses? What 4* crew are you saying are better?
    Let’s fly!
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    robownage wrote: »

I'm confused. How is Ba'ku Worf weaker than Civil War Worf or Duchamps?

With base stats and the x3 faction event bonus (excluding starbase/collection bonuses), Defiant Commander Worf has 1827 "event base" Sec. To match that, you need a bonus crew (x2) with 914 base. If you go for the galaxy (x10) it's 6090 "event base," and 1218 base for a bonus crew (x5) to match.

Ba'ku Worf has 902 Sec (1804 "event base"), which ends up less than DC Worf. Niners Worf, who has 1185 base Sec, is still not as good as DC Worf for the galaxy part (still better for the faction though). Section 31 Georgiou also ends up short for the faction at 904 base. The Ripper (really high base Sec), Disco Pike (also event crew), and Kol (also event crew) are the only characters that beat DC Worf in the galaxy portion for Sec (assuming no traits). It gets more complicated if you add AND or OR with other skills to the equation.

So unvault DC Worf if you want to do well in the event.
  • Is Governor Worf considered a Worf variant?
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Is Governor Worf considered a Worf variant?

He should be. He is just an Alternate Future version.

I don't know if Colonel Worf is, as they are different people.
    Is Governor Worf considered a Worf variant?
    Usually no.
    Let’s fly!
  • wonderful we know what next week's legendary will LOOK like... how about his STATS, so we know if Pike is worth more than just DISCO CMD crew #3, because he'll help win a good card next week?
  • Any ideas on the rerun?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!