Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: From the Ashes - 02/21 (Mega-Event Part 4)

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I just realized
    3yi24v7g2ryk.png

Protomorphosis Worf fits right in with Discovery Klingons

What happened to the Klingons?
    3a2f0dayfh8w.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone get any Pikes from the event pack? If so, how many packs did it take to get one?

5/25$ Event pack went Worf, Pike, Siranna, Siranna, Behold including Worf as one the 3 FF options.
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Anyone get any Pikes from the event pack? If so, how many packs did it take to get one?

5/25$ Event pack went Worf, Pike, Siranna, Siranna, Behold including Worf as one the 3 FF options.

Thx for the info. I think if DB made it a Pike with 5 packs many more people would buy that deal. Or even the event legendary plus three packs for $25.
    Let’s fly!
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting Saturday there will be a 50$ Pike & 5 packs deal. The deals always swap over mid event. Sadly a legend is valued at a minimum of 50$ to guarantee, I agree setting costs lower would encourage more people to get the characters that are meaningful to them.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought four packs, first two were Pike, next two Worf. Quit whilst I was ahead.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

All I wanted was one Siranna ... and I ended up with two Pikes, a 4th star for Agent Janeway (which hopefully will mean immortalization after next week.... ... .... ... ...), and a surprise begold (Lt Commander La Forge, it wasn't a great begold) on the way there. 7 packs. Normally I would stop at 3 or 4, but the Pikefest happened early so I figured overall ROI was good enough to keep trying until she dropped.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
    edited February 2019
    gaw4spzyybxh.png
    jvrc8ec2l50q.png
    2sbkd1fxbhmx.png
    frogjjejpnaq.png

What is with all the Med/Command combo slots? Siranna is Dip/Med/Sci, Pike is Com/Sec/Dip, Worf is Sec/Com. I do not know of any bonus Discovery or Worf crew that has both Medical and Command.
    Let’s fly!
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    What is with all the Med/Command combo slots? Siranna is Dip/Med/Sci, Pike is Com/Sec/Dip, Worf is Sec/Com. I do not know of any bonus Discovery or Worf crew that has both Medical and Command.

I was wondering that too...
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I’m more surprised by the number of three slot missions you can post. So far, out of 35 shuttles, I have had two three slot missions. The rest was all four or five.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    I’m more surprised by the number of three slot missions you can post. So far, out of 35 shuttles, I have had two three slot missions. The rest was all four or five.

There are 24 missions total(8 per faction). There are 2 3-slot shuttles for each faction just like there usually are. If you open and send as you go you can get repeats and RNG shows up, but if you open all the missions you will see them.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    gaw4spzyybxh.png
    jvrc8ec2l50q.png
    2sbkd1fxbhmx.png
    frogjjejpnaq.png

I think navigator Stamets is the only one and yes I am surprised by this I think there was cmd/med in the first event too

Edit my bad navigator Stamets doesn’t have med got confused between him and Mirror Stamets I think.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

All I wanted was one Siranna ... and I ended up with two Pikes, a 4th star for Agent Janeway (which hopefully will mean immortalization after next week.... ... .... ... ...), and a surprise begold (Lt Commander La Forge, it wasn't a great begold) on the way there. 7 packs. Normally I would stop at 3 or 4, but the Pikefest happened early so I figured overall ROI was good enough to keep trying until she dropped.

Dumb question. Why do you need one Siranna?
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

Cornwell - Med/Dip/Sec
    Culber - Med/Sci
    Mirror Stamets (getting desperate here) - Sci/Eng/Med

Yep, not a Medical Commander in sight. SMH.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warship EMA, or Reverend Phlox are what I see as potential fits from the whole deck. (Both of which are on a voyage right now so I can't test) But without a bonus, they will be not much help.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Flemming wrote: »
    Warship EMA, or Reverend Phlox are what I see as potential fits from the whole deck. (Both of which are on a voyage right now so I can't test) But without a bonus, they will be not much help.

Yeah, my EMA is getting a lot more work than I would have expected. Better than nothing, but I think it will be a long couple of days.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfectly fair question. My general answer is a combination of:
    1. I honestly can't remember if we will get a 4th Siranna from community rewards in the Galaxy phase
    2. Even if we do, I'm going to be a little strapped for IRL-time this weekend so want to get my event crew trained and final faction seating rosters populated and finalized quickly tonight so I can go on autopilot at least til Sat noon ...

If we are getting a full 4 for free, I'd probably slap my forehead for overspending, but with 4 golds dropping along the way, I can live with it :smile:
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled a second copy of Cadet Sylvia Tilly in a behold today before the event started. I thought, "well... maybe I'll do the DYC if she helps on a particular mission when the event starts." Nope. Not a one. Sorry DB, but your inability to make missions match crew cost you $25 from me.

Not trying to hate. Just pointing out an improvement opportunity (because it's probably not just me) so you can make more money and keep the game going. I still think it's fun. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled a second copy of Cadet Sylvia Tilly in a behold today before the event started. I thought, "well... maybe I'll do the DYC if she helps on a particular mission when the event starts." Nope. Not a one. Sorry DB, but your inability to make missions match crew cost you $25 from me.

Not trying to hate. Just pointing out an improvement opportunity (because it's probably not just me) so you can make more money and keep the game going. I still think it's fun. :)

I had Tilly drop from I think the last 10 for $10 and kinda forgot to level her until just now. Knowing that I didn’t miss out by leaving her unleveled puts me at ease.
  • I pulled a second copy of Cadet Sylvia Tilly in a behold today before the event started. I thought, "well... maybe I'll do the DYC if she helps on a particular mission when the event starts." Nope. Not a one. Sorry DB, but your inability to make missions match crew cost you $25 from me.

I had Tilly drop from I think the last 10 for $10 and kinda forgot to level her until just now. Knowing that I didn’t miss out by leaving her unleveled puts me at ease.

I got Away Team Saru right before the mega started thinking he would be a big help. Haven't used him once.
    edited February 2019
    66nm0535xfcd.gif
    g69kq99fodij.gif
    Funny Star Trek Discovery Pike gif
    Let’s fly!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Cornwell - Med/Dip/Sec
    Culber - Med/Sci

I did not say Medical, I said Medical/Command combo crew that are bonus as in Medical + Command. Cornwell is not, Culber is not, Mirror Stamets is not, Siranna is not, Navigator Stamets is not. With "AND" slots you want to have both and yet 4 of the 6 three slot shuttle missions have Medical + Command crew slots.

I think they were agreeing with you about the lack of crew who could fill those slots.
    edited February 2019
    robownage wrote: »

Cornwell - Med/Dip/Sec
    Culber - Med/Sci

I did not say Medical, I said Medical/Command combo crew that are bonus as in Medical + Command. Cornwell is not, Culber is not, Mirror Stamets is not, Siranna is not, Navigator Stamets is not. With "AND" slots you want to have both and yet 4 of the 6 three slot shuttle missions have Medical + Command crew slots.

I think they were agreeing with you about the lack of crew who could fill those slots.

Yeah I guess so. My bad. Soooo tired. Nap needed. Zzzzzzz. I changed my post to a funny Pike gif.
    18je2r6hvy4y.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got Away Team Saru right before the mega started thinking he would be a big help. Haven't used him once.

He's one that needs stars - Disco just has a preponderance of good SCI 4/4s. He went into the event as the #1 Disco SCI FF, but at 1/5 he's behind super rares FO Saru, Prospect Burnham, Reinforcement Stamets, and Graduation Burnham. I think he's still worth it even without another Disco mega (...); the only true SEC/SCI voyagers with better stat totals are AT Burnham and Gary Seven.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

He's one that needs stars - Disco just has a preponderance of good SCI 4/4s. He went into the event as the #1 Disco SCI FF, but at 1/5 he's behind super rares FO Saru, Prospect Burnham, Reinforcement Stamets, and Graduation Burnham. I think he's still worth it even without another Disco mega (...); the only true SEC/SCI voyagers with better stat totals are AT Burnham and Gary Seven.

Oh I'm definitely still glad to have him. Just referring to the general lack of SCI slots across the mega. I haven't used either Burnham or Stamets that I can recall.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

Cornwell - Med/Dip/Sec
    Culber - Med/Sci

I did not say "Medical Commander" I said Medical/Command combo crew that are bonus as in Medical + Command. Cornwell is not, Culber is not, Mirror Stamets is not, Siranna is not, Navigator Stamets is not. With "AND" slots you want to have both and yet 4 of the 6 three slot shuttle missions have Medical + Command crew slots.

I like the name "Medical Commander"
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfectly fair question. My general answer is a combination of:
    1. I honestly can't remember if we will get a 4th Siranna from community rewards in the Galaxy phase
    2. Even if we do, I'm going to be a little strapped for IRL-time this weekend so want to get my event crew trained and final faction seating rosters populated and finalized quickly tonight so I can go on autopilot at least til Sat noon ...

If we are getting a full 4 for free, I'd probably slap my forehead for overspending, but with 4 golds dropping along the way, I can live with it :smile:

You will get one Worf and Siranna from the community rewards, that’s why I didn’t buy a pack.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @(HGH)Apollo , I re-read my post and realized the sarcasm was not as evident as I intended. I absolutely agree with you (and others) that there is a lack of ideal seat matches for the medical crew.

FWIW, I'm using Culber in the Cmd-Med seat for Section 31 "Scars of the Past". He seems to be holding his own in that spot, even though he has no (visible) command skill, and the skills are in inverted order (if that bug is still a thing).
    edited February 2019
    Sorry @(HGH)Apollo , I re-read my post and realized the sarcasm was not as evident as I intended. I absolutely agree with you (and others) that there is a lack of ideal seat matches for the medical crew.

FWIW, I'm using Culber in the Cmd-Med seat for Section 31 "Scars of the Past". He seems to be holding his own in that spot, even though he has no (visible) command skill, and the skills are in inverted order (if that bug is still a thing).

All good. I am just filling shuttles as best as I can and hoping for the best. A lot of diplomacy slots too which is weird cause no one of the event crew is diplomacy primary. When the shuttle slots don't match well with the event crew it makes little need to buy packs. Best of luck to you Ishamel in the event.
    Let’s fly!