Home The Bridge

Daily Missions New Interface

BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
Am I the only one that finds this
491ihxqvr3qq.png

extremely obnoxious, a waste of space and annoying as all get out?

I looked for another post on it and didn't see one, I can't be the only one who finds this way over kill.

I mean come on there are a TON of better things to spend programmers time on besides this horrible crap.

Like better sorting in inventory - or maybe the 1,000k cap issue... both would have been welcomed, now I just want to never look at my daily screen ever again, because this... **tsk tsk**... sorry just saying.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekka wrote: »
    491ihxqvr3qq.png

I looked for another post on it and didn't see one, I can't be the only one who finds this way over kill.

I mean come on there are a TON of better things to spend programmers time on besides this horrible crap.

Like better sorting in inventory - or maybe the 1,000k cap issue... both would have been welcomed, now I just want to never look at my daily screen ever again, because this... **tsk tsk**... sorry just saying.

I have to have all if Daily Chores done, or I can't claim anything once I hit one that has multiple reward tiers, if it is not finished. Won't scroll like the old one did........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    oh great, it looks horrible AND it is buggy, great... just great.....
  • edited March 2019
    Oh my!!!!!! Guess you have to wait for server change if you already started you day prior to update. Looks horrible. And another way of changing things that werent broken.

It is visually chaotic and disruptive. To say annoying it as understatement. Horrible, horrible, horrible!!!!
    PLEASE, please, please, change it back.
    What was wrong with the old one??????
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    491ihxqvr3qq.png

I have to have all if Daily Chores done, or I can't claim anything once I hit one that has multiple reward tiers, if it is not finished. Won't scroll like the old one did........

It won't scroll? This sounds less user friendly & i can see a prob as some newer players need every credit/merit/chron they can get to progress. Myself i have been hard up for chrons & credits that i prioritized which dailies to do first by their rewards so i could equip an item.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    It won't scroll?
    It scrolls left to right rather than up/down

DB: Do Better
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    it's slightly worse than the original. i can deal with it. oddly i have it on fb but not steam.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I don’t have it yet but from the screen shot, agree it’s a design train wreck. Seems almost designed to maximize visual noise. Why are we tinkering with something nobody has ever flagged as broken???

If I understand the screenshot correctly, the top two rows are also hogged by effectively static content, forcing scrolling to get to things you can actually effect change on. Seriously???
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    hmm - im still looking at the old interface and actually you only see 3.5 in the list before you have to start scrolling on the new interface you see all 4 clearly, I think it will just be a matter of time getting used to a horizontal view opposed to a vertical one. So visually I don't particularly have issue with it from an aesthetic point of view.
    I'd be more concerned if the previous bugs haven't been ironed out though surrounding the daily claims and indeed if this causes a host of new bugs.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    It's patently awful. Visually unintuitive and messy. A major downgrade in terms of UI design. Just my opinion, of course, but I imagine it's shared by a fair number.

+1 Just makes handling worse.

DB really should focus on more important stuff that actually needs improvement, instead wasting time and ressources on things,
    nobody complaint about or aren t broken, yet.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB, I think the number one UI issue has been the problem of scaling certain screens and design elements across multiple devices. Does this change solve that issue? Because if the answer to that question is no, there are going to be a lot more comments like these.
    hmm - im still looking at the old interface and actually you only see 3.5 in the list before you have to start scrolling on the new interface you see all 4 clearly, I think it will just be a matter of time getting used to a horizontal view opposed to a vertical one. So visually I don't particularly have issue with it from an aesthetic point of view.
    I'd be more concerned if the previous bugs haven't been ironed out though surrounding the daily claims and indeed if this causes a host of new bugs.

It may show more items per screen but if it really does scroll left/right instead of up/down, I would think far more scrolling will be necessary to see everything.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks cool.
    491ihxqvr3qq.png

It won't scroll? This sounds less user friendly & i can see a prob as some newer players need every credit/merit/chron they can get to progress. Myself i have been hard up for chrons & credits that i prioritized which dailies to do first by their rewards so i could equip an item.

UPDATE

The new interface scrolls RIGHT not DOWN!!!!!

Might actually be easier once I get used to it!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    V. wrote: »
    it's slightly worse than the original. i can deal with it. oddly i have it on fb but not steam.

Shan said it is Facebook only. {For now, anyway}
    I don’t have it yet but from the screen shot, agree it’s a design train wreck. Seems almost designed to maximize visual noise. Why are we tinkering with something nobody has ever flagged as broken???

If I understand the screenshot correctly, the top two rows are also hogged by effectively static content, forcing scrolling to get to things you can actually effect change on. Seriously???

Most days, I wait until all the chores are done. With this interface format, as you click each completed on in the lower quadrant, the next will "pop into" that space as one is claimed. Just comes from the right now, instead of from below..........
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't have the new interface, but I'm guessing this change was done to make it more consistent with the faction center screen layout. Once we all stop trying to scroll down, it should be adequately usable.

But...
    +1 for a) this likely wasn't needed and 2) there are other things of greater priority that should be tinkered with.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    491ihxqvr3qq.png

UPDATE

The new interface scrolls RIGHT not DOWN!!!!!

Might actually be easier once I get used to it!!!

I think I need crystal clarity on this point is that right also known as left as I am facing you or right as in left facing with my back to you.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Why are we wasting time/resources/money paying designers and programmers to fix things that werent broken? Can we please get the glitches like ( overlay of pop up onto shuttle return screen ) fixed???

So, here is some education about how businesses larger than 30 people are run.

You're going to have several roles where you specialize in a specific task/area. DB has an employee who is tasked in UX. That basically means, user interface, ie your various screens and interfaces.

Such a person is not going to be versed in fixing issues such as your 1k item cap, etc.

Instead, it is that person's role to present ideas on what he/she believes are improvements to the game screen, as well as optimize the game for the various screens and aspect ratios that exist across multiple platforms and devices. It is likely, that "new" ideas go up the chain for approval, then they get implemented and pushed live.

The UX person isn't concerned that the playerbase is "waiting" on all these other issues. He/she is focused on the interface and will continue to make changes, get ready for new features the game is putting out, and optimize.

Hence -- this person proposed these changes, got them approved, and worked to get them pushed.

Development in area X does not stop because there are issues in department Y and Z. People need to wrap their heads around that.

How do you know DB have more than 30 employees? They might, I’m just curious to know about this assertation. They may be down to 10 for all I know.

I would otherwise agree with your point though, if there weren’t some major UI issues (mostly seem to be based around scaling on different devices) in the game that disrupt gameplay and generally frustrate people.

For example - on some of the latest smart phones with a ‘soft’/on screen home button, it’s nearly impossible to back out of behold selection screens to check the wiki. I can’t view more than 1 or 2 lines of crew or items in other areas, meaning a lot more scrolling or sorting required.

These UI issues need addressing first.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are we wasting time/resources/money paying designers and programmers to fix things that werent broken? Can we please get the glitches like ( overlay of pop up onto shuttle return screen ) fixed???

You're going to have several roles where you specialize in a specific task/area. DB has an employee who is tasked in UX. That basically means, user interface, ie your various screens and interfaces.

Such a person is not going to be versed in fixing issues such as your 1k item cap, etc.

Instead, it is that person's role to present ideas on what he/she believes are improvements to the game screen, as well as optimize the game for the various screens and aspect ratios that exist across multiple platforms and devices. It is likely, that "new" ideas go up the chain for approval, then they get implemented and pushed live.

The UX person isn't concerned that the playerbase is "waiting" on all these other issues. He/she is focused on the interface and will continue to make changes, get ready for new features the game is putting out, and optimize.

Hence -- this person proposed these changes, got them approved, and worked to get them pushed.

Development in area X does not stop because there are issues in department Y and Z. People need to wrap their heads around that.

Agreed. That still doesn’t change the fact that there are numerous existing UI problems that could have been fixed. Instead, it appears that designing some new window dressing is a higher priority.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. That still doesn’t change the fact that there are numerous existing UI problems that could have been fixed. Instead, it appears that designing some new window dressing is a higher priority.

I am confused how you can agree with something and then explain why you don't agree.
  • edited March 2019

Ppl can wrap there heads around that. And of course employee X has an assigned task. However, the way business works in general,....is to sustain a business you must listen to your clientele. Which is what we are saying. Prioritize.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the list of things that needed to be messed with, this was last.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Most existing current UI issues fall under either:
    • It's optimized to fit *most* existing screens, so it may not be perfect on every screen (like the starbase level overlapping bug ... ipads vs phones, etc)
    • There is no good fix (crew selection in skirmish) and what we have is probably the best we'll have with such little screen space to work with.
    How do you know DB have more than 30 employees? They might, I’m just curious to know about this assertation. They may be down to 10 for all I know.

During the great October 2017 purge, they laid off at least 23 employees. Few more gone in August 2018. They have at least 10-15 in the Philippines. They had 100 at one point when they had all games going plus developing MtW. so, 30 is an easy, conservative estimate.

Either way, too much cross training stinks and someone is bound to make an error. with DB's track record, i don't want the graphics guy touching the database

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!