Home The Bridge

Daily Missions New Interface

Comments

• I like it. I've played since the first borg mega event and I like the fact that they changed something about the game.

Now all I can hope for is the visual for Voyages to change.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    At first glance, it looked like it had been designed by the Looney Tunes division of Warner Brothers. I almost expected a mallet on extending arms to come out of the screen and smack me between the eyes. Pretty much the visual effect anyway. Comment moderated. ~Shan
  • tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    [DCC] bebe wrote: »
    The Daily Missions interface page wasn't broken before,
    well,here it comes.
    ym8snzbhwcg0.png

i've just clicked that button,and got what it offered. and its still on,and gladly,no future claims can be made.
    but the darn thing is still on

• I don't know about Apple, but with Android swiping up brings you to external menus so adjustment to side scroll makes sense to me. I acutally like the visuals, much more interesting. They also disappear quickly when I mark them complete. While I understand there are other improvements that should be priorities (i'd vote for better inventory management especially help getting rid of unique crew components), but I would not complain about a better looking game personally.

Sure simplicity has its charms (anyone remember MUDs?), but so do flashy graphics. I sure do prefer modern FPS games to Wolfenstein 3d I used to play...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I don't like it at all visually, but it did feel easier to claim my rewards this morning. So there's that.

Mine sailed along smoothly. Until I kept getting the orange error pop up when I tried to collect the Chore Reward for purchasing three times in the Portals. On a Thursday. When the Cadet Challenge awards six Ten Pulls. And there is a Fraction Event starting. That Thursday.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • My Daily Missions U.I. hasn't changed yet. Wonder why?

Has anyone else's remained the same still?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Daily Missions U.I. hasn't changed yet. Wonder why?

Has anyone else's remained the same still?

Did you see the in-game mail? It said the iOS version would be delayed, since the Android version had some bugs to work out. (I play the game on Steam, where we've had the new version for a few days.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought that no one else has brought up either ... maybe there are new features coming that would suit the new style better?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    As my esteemed colleague Bylorand said, it looks cool. However, it is not an improvement at all and I don't like it for several reasons. I'm not mad about it, but I don't like it.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't want to judge it too quickly, but after a couple of days, here's my two cents:

* I like the colors and lines in general. It looks good.

* It's more difficult and awkward to use than the previous easy boxes.

* When I keep my screen brightness very low (which is most of the time), the little white numbers are difficult to read. The only other place I have this problem is with the yellow "Rank #x" listings when finding an Arena match-up (and when I say "the only other place", I don't just mean on Timelines, but any usage of my phone). I always assumed that they would ever-so-slightly increase the "Rank #x" font size at some point, as there's plenty of room, so I'm a little disappointed to instead see the problem spread to another part of the game. With the amount of dead space in the new design, it's a bit of a mystery to me.

But overall, I think I'll get used to it within a few weeks and it won't be much of a problem.

What I would have preferred: redesign the old boxes/tabs, keeping their old shapes and sizes, with this new style. Then in the Options, have a choice between this new horizontal-slide and the old vertical-slide in the new style. That would have been the best of both worlds, in my opinion.

There's still the nagging feeling that, as with the new Shuttles look, this design was done by a graphic designer rather than a UI designer. Once again, style has come before substance. At least this time I like the style! But it's a shame about the loss of substance.

The problem for me isn't that DB has someone spending time on changing the interface (couldn't bring myself to write "improving the interface"). I think that they've just got the wrong person for the job.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought that no one else has brought up either ... maybe there are new features coming that would suit the new style better?

I doubt it. A lot of the UI "improvements" have been about making larger boxes and centering things. They are probably trying to make the code scale to different devices better.
  • BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    I leave Facebook and go on my phone to avoid this horribleness, honestly I want to be able to look at a glance and see what i need to do.

this is insane, I just don't get it, why oh why has this been changed. I don't care if my daily missions look 'pretty' (which I don't actually think this does) i want EASY and FUNCTIONAL - this is CLUNKY and ANNOYING

I have a hard time getting myself in game to do dailies any more, this could be the last straw, I realize my money alone doesn't make or break this game, but I think this is as good as any to keep it.

They want to make my game less enjoyable and harder to play, and more time consuming to boot, I won't pay them to do it.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit garish but I'm okay with it. It doesn't bother me.
  • it seems to me they did so they could add more tabs other than daily missions and achievement on the side bar, I wonder what they will add there.
  • I get people don’t like change, but you all really think the old screen is better?

I have a daily to claim here, but you can’t even see it because there’s only room for two rows, which are always the monthly card and the all.

ajtpsh7v9nsc.jpeg
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have increased the honor we achieve every day while you were messing around with it DB!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • RaxnarRaxnar ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    This change is Comment moderated. ~Shan ... revert it.

It was nice, compact, and clear the way it was...
  • Sorry if this was covered already...

The Daily Missions screen "header" (sorry if this is not the right technical term) at the moment says "10/11 Remaining". This incorrectly implies that I have to complete 10 of my 11 Daily Missions when I actually only have 1 left to complete. It should be counting down, not up, as I complete them or it should say "x/11 Completed"

Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan any feedback from the team on this? Why does DB insist on breaking things/reducing functionality instead of fixing things that actually need fixing?

Why does DB continue to push out the "Large Print UI For The Blind"?

And please don't say that this is the first time it's happened and that feedback will be considered by the team. Reduced functionality/visibility has been universally panned in the previous releases.

The silence is deafening..................
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if this was covered already...

The Daily Missions screen "header" (sorry if this is not the right technical term) at the moment says "10/11 Remaining". This incorrectly implies that I have to complete 10 of my 11 Daily Missions when I actually only have 1 left to complete. It should be counting down, not up, as I complete them or it should say "x/11 Completed"

We know, it will be fixed in the future!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I had to moderate too many comments in this thread.
    A reminder that civility is required when contributing on these forums, this includes the feedback you provide to us, and how you refer to DB employees, DB in general.

We are all human beings, can we try to remember that? Thank you.

• [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Bekka wrote: »
    Am I the only one that finds this
    491ihxqvr3qq.png

extremely obnoxious, a waste of space and annoying as all get out?

I looked for another post on it and didn't see one, I can't be the only one who finds this way over kill.

I mean come on there are a TON of better things to spend programmers time on besides this horrible crap.

Like better sorting in inventory - or maybe the 1,000k cap issue... both would have been welcomed, now I just want to never look at my daily screen ever again, because this... **tsk tsk**... sorry just saying.

I came here specifically to complain about it! Do they not beta test? Who ever thought this convoluted mess would be an improvement severely mistaken.

Change for the sake of change is not a good thing. The interface was far easier to navigate before.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got the update on iOS.

I don’t have an issue with the change itself. I still only see 2 and a bit of each section at a time. But it’s colourful I guess.

My original complaints still stand, why is nothing being prioritised about the long standing UI bugs? Scaling problems, overly zoomed/worsened appearance on smartphones and tablets, overlapping buttons, etc..