Home The Bridge

Daily Missions New Interface

1235»

Comments

• Recently got the new look "Daily Missions" upgrade for my iOS.

Agree with pretty much everyone here, to say that the new look is awful. They should just have changed the color coding and kept the old layout or something like that.

Instead of working on this, they really should have fixed the other U.I. problems for the new iOS phones.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Recently got the new look "Daily Missions" upgrade for my iOS.

Agree with pretty much everyone here, to say that the new look is awful. They should just have changed the color coding and kept the old layout or something like that.

Instead of working on this, they really should have fixed the other U.I. problems for the new iOS phones.

Agreed the old interface with the color would be fine.

The more I use, the more I get use to it.
    @Commander Sinclair
    We both agree with the need for it to be scrolling up&down.

I go back to my other comment.
    The blue bar is totally unneeded as well as the the text"Rewards" above the pics.
    DB use the room for larger font size. The Numbers like 7/11 could be highlighted.
    mp96ar03jxdk.png
    This is off my iPad. Text easier to read.

I just love all three indications of time are different.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    The more i use it the more i dislike it. It is not easy to see at a glance what i still need to do.

Making changes that i now need to use my glasses, for me it's going in the opposite direction of 'improved'

Dislike is too mild...i HATE it. Just my .02
    ~ seeking out new life
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now we know the reason for change.
    However, still wonder if scrolling up & down could have been done.
    Also the bar is pointless just reverse the text coloring for the numbers telling us what's left and how many. I still do not think the text above "Rewards" above pic is needed. Use this extra space to increase font size of needed text.
  • Please, PLEASE, stop developing new features and revert the daily mission reward interface...

Also while your at it please fix the scaling on the new iPad Pro's!
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I’d still rather they fixed the old bugs, including UI scaling problems, before introducing new features.
  • @eXo | Frank wins the reward! Great call!!
  • @eXo | Frank wins the reward! Great call!!

Many players are aware there are things in the works at all times. “eXo wasnt the only one.
    That doesnt change the fact that some players cannot see the new layout. Visual differences in human beings should be considered. Everyone does not see the same.
    Adding another tab “simply” would have been fine.
    After looking at it, there is still xtra room in the block and you still have to tap the different sections just as you would tap the tab in the original version.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know the old title that has arrows at beginning and end to move to next title or previous title would have sufficed to allow campaigns and future screens.
  • DetraDetra ✭✭
    Slight annoyance I found. Say you collected all the dailies or you have none to collect, it will default to the next tier down. I collected an achievement I didn't intend to by just glancing and hitting and not actually reading. Prior UI wouldn't have done that.

As for above mentioned, companies do this all time and we get used to it, chitter chatter. I can only speak from my own experience, I have several windows 7 terminals that is set up like windows 98 SE, when I was running XP I did the same. I also have reverted or found different apps on my mobile device if I don't care of the UI. To some extreme there have been services and companies that updated which led me to drift from using those products.
    Playing since April 2016

Waving dead chickens while using Voodoo in Star Trek Timelines since Jan 2017 (forum comment from another user)

FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/181490765563427/

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detra wrote: »
    Slight annoyance I found. Say you collected all the dailies or you have none to collect, it will default to the next tier down. I collected an achievement I didn't intend to by just glancing and hitting and not actually reading. Prior UI wouldn't have done that.

As for above mentioned, companies do this all time and we get used to it, chitter chatter. I can only speak from my own experience, I have several windows 7 terminals that is set up like windows 98 SE, when I was running XP I did the same. I also have reverted or found different apps on my mobile device if I don't care of the UI. To some extreme there have been services and companies that updated which led me to drift from using those products.

A lot of us are going to make the mistake of hitting something we actually want to wait to later on. I did it too.

I have gotten use to it. But, it still would be better if it scored up and down.
    Other suggestion would be two separate rows of scrolling .
    The upper row would just contain the colored ones.
    The lower one would be just for the daily achievements.
    Eliminating the blue bar and just going with the numbers highlighted of what we done and what we need to do should suffice.
    And getting rid of the word Rewards.
    Doing this would allowed larger font size for the text.
  • Sometimes it glitches for me, shows me one to collect I already collected. Forces me to leave and go back in.
  • BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    I still very much dislike this new interface, it is still very annoying and now I am forced to have it on my phone too.

I really wish this tacky junk was not forced upon me.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekka wrote: »
    I still very much dislike this new interface, it is still very annoying and now I am forced to have it on my phone too.

I really wish this tacky junk was not forced upon me.

I could (maybe) forgive the unfriendly interface design if there weren’t daily glitches that got in the way of collecting rewards. It always seems to come up when I have more than one thing to cash in and usually requires a full restart to go away.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the glitches annoying too. I am OK with the layout. I have no opinion either way.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Not a huge fan of it. I like to scroll down and check things off the list in this game (just my mindset). The left to right format doesn't gel with me. I don't think it's going to change back since the campaigns are going to be that way.
  • Factions, Gauntlet and Time Portal have always been scroll left to right, so they are making the Daily rewards the same.