Home The Bridge

Mark the date for our first full length Campaign: Thursday 04/18!

Comments

• Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Considering all that is winnable from a full month of rewards, especially depending on how much dilithium and or honor might be winnable, 9.99 could be the best deal in this game by a long shot.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    @SunshineRiker

100 levels at 200 accolades per level is 20,000 accolades.
    In the demo, a VIP 0 player earned 550 per day from the dailies, plus 75 from login rewards.
    Over 28 days, they earn 17,500 accolades, nowhere near the final reward.

Even a VIP 14 player will not earn enough for the final reward without spending DIL

Will the number off accolades per day earned be changed?

They have said they are adding more with buffer room. Hopefully one day of buffer per week plus VIP.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SunshineRiker

In the demo, a VIP 0 player earned 550 per day from the dailies, plus 75 from login rewards.

Even a VIP 14 player will not earn enough for the final reward without spending DIL

From the blog post they've said "As a change from the Beta, we’ve increased the amount of earnable Accolades per day so that it’s possible to earn all 100 Tiers of rewards over 28 days and still allow for some buffer space".

What we don't know is how much extra you can earn and how much buffer space there will be.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll see how long it takes to get the first 1/5 Leland, then decide if it's worth the $10. If it takes less than two weeks, it's still better than the $10 legendary deals, so I'll probably do it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • For me the shuttle missions cause me to miss completion for the dailies because of the shuttle reset bug issue. As a VIP 0, I'm not thrilled with the real money only premium tier. I thought when campaigns were first presented that the gold tier would be unlocked once a set number of points were accrued, such as when the purple tier was completely finished. That scenario would have caused much less commotion among the fish.
    flsmnpm68m1s.png
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I guess I’m the only one who thinks committing to doing all the dailies for a month is way too much of a commitment. Perhaps I will see where I’m at near the end of the month and buy the rest of the way with dilithium.

That’s probably true, my friend. The only one I could possibly see being onerous is doing 5 arena battles, and I do one each after warping five of the daily cadet missions. Everything else takes a matter of seconds to do and I log in frequently enough that the time delay between scans, cadet missions, and arena battles is no problem at all.

The part that does it for me is burning chrons to do missions. If I do this daily I’ll deplete my supply for events which is what I put all of my resources into

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Best innovation since voyages?
    No, Voyages are free as are many other things in game. This costs money. I do not like the part about higher VIP gets more points. Should be able to complete it by doing dailies regardless of VIP lvl. Sounding a little too much like the money grabs Kixeye did to ruin Vega Conflict.
    Let’s fly!
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the shuttle missions cause me to miss completion for the dailies because of the shuttle reset bug issue. As a VIP 0, I'm not thrilled with the real money only premium tier. I thought when campaigns were first presented that the gold tier would be unlocked once a set number of points were accrued, such as when the purple tier was completely finished. That scenario would have caused much less commotion among the fish.

What bug is this, is it because you only have two shuttles?

You need a faction with short (30s) mission timers. I use Hirogen for this.

Chose a faction, then send out missions with the worst possible crew, e.g. unlevelled, or those with no matching skills. Most shuttles should fail. It might take a week, but the shuttle times will eventually drop down. Once the missions are down to 30s, send out the shuttles in pairs, aim on to pass, and other to fail. If both pass, then aim for the next two to fail. You should be able to do all shuttle missions in about five minutes this way. Or do four missions like this, and four normal ones.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the shuttle missions cause me to miss completion for the dailies because of the shuttle reset bug issue. As a VIP 0, I'm not thrilled with the real money only premium tier. I thought when campaigns were first presented that the gold tier would be unlocked once a set number of points were accrued, such as when the purple tier was completely finished. That scenario would have caused much less commotion among the fish.
    flsmnpm68m1s.png

I don’t remember ever seeing anything saying that the premium track would follow the basic track, just that tiers in both would be cleared at the same time if you already paid to unlock the premium track or that the premium tiers would be unlocked however far you made it in the basic track if you buy premium later on.
    I guess I’m the only one who thinks committing to doing all the dailies for a month is way too much of a commitment. Perhaps I will see where I’m at near the end of the month and buy the rest of the way with dilithium.

That’s probably true, my friend. The only one I could possibly see being onerous is doing 5 arena battles, and I do one each after warping five of the daily cadet missions. Everything else takes a matter of seconds to do and I log in frequently enough that the time delay between scans, cadet missions, and arena battles is no problem at all.

The part that does it for me is burning chrons to do missions. If I do this daily I’ll deplete my supply for events which is what I put all of my resources into

160 chrons a day spent on good pre-farming missions like Double Trouble and Xahean Invasion can’t be the top much of a drain, can they? Compared to using them in an event with a supply kit, you’re really only sacrificing 40 chrons per day - whatever that works out to across a month with nominally three events that require chrons for victory must surely be a small price to pay for the extra merits, honor, and credits from dailies and now the generous Campaign rewards.

Granted, I don’t really know what it's like at the top of the leaderboards...I burned maybe 4,000 chrons for the second half of the last event to stay in the top 1000 (and another 2,000 on all the booze being drunk on Rura Penthe between Kirk and the Commandant) and don’t know what it’s like to dump tens of thousands of chrons into a top-25 or top-5 finish every week.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SunshineRiker

You gotta read the blog, friend :)

"We’ve increased the amount of earnable Accolades per day so that it’s possible to earn all 100 Tiers of rewards over 28 days and still allow for some buffer space."

How much buffer? What is the daily rate we can expect?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best innovation since voyages?
    No, Voyages are free as are many other things in game. This costs money. I do not like the part about higher VIP gets more points. Should be able to complete it by doing dailies regardless of VIP lvl. Sounding a little too much like the money grabs Kixeye did to ruin Vega Conflict.

Voyages drops random 4* crew. The free tier here will drop a 4/4 and a 4* citation in a month. I'm going to estimate I get 30 4* over the course of the 28 days.

How do you evaluate 30 random 4* vs a 4/4 and a 4* citation likely depends on crew slots and how many 4* crew you need. But I can see the argument either way.
  • Colour me impressed, this is a great feature and one I'll be willing pay for most months.

The additional points for higher VIP rates is pretty much the only dubious bit, I'm VIP 14, but if I was lower and paying for access to the premium track I'd be a bit salty about that.
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    @SunshineRiker

You gotta read the blog, friend :)

"We’ve increased the amount of earnable Accolades per day so that it’s possible to earn all 100 Tiers of rewards over 28 days and still allow for some buffer space."

How much buffer? What is the daily rate we can expect?

I'm not exactly sure. To be fair, I believe because of the bonus Accolades you can get from claiming daily rewards on some days, it's going to be different for folks based on what their VIP level is.
  • I am not in agreement. This might sound like a good deal to most, but I've had enough. While I recognize that the developers have the right to make this game however they wish, 'pay to play' is a harsh reality, and that there are licensing fees and programmers to pay; I refuse to spend anymore money on this silly game. The truth is that you are barred from reaching the highest levels of this game without spending THOUSANDS of dollars. I have already spent way more than I ever expected to (VIP level 8) and I've reached my limit. I've been playing this game for more than 1.5 years and have only reached Captain's Level 61 with only two immortalized legendary crew. My patience has run out. After I reach my next goal, I will liquidate all of my assets and then dismiss every crew member and leave the game unplayable. At that point I will leave an HONEST one-star review of the game in the Apple App Store and delete the game from my iPhone. For the record, I watched TOS as a kid in the 1960's followed by TNG, DS9, VOY and DSC. Cheers!
  • Commander ShranCommander Shran ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

What bug is this, is it because you only have two shuttles?

My shuttle timers never reset for any faction, they stay at 3 hours until there is a shuttle event. There is a thread about the bug somewhere on the forums.

I don’t remember ever seeing anything saying that the premium track would follow the basic track, just that tiers in both would be cleared at the same time if you already paid to unlock the premium track or that the premium tiers would be unlocked however far you made it in the basic track if you buy premium later on.

The cash only gold tier unlock announcement came after the launch of the beta. Because of the mystery of a new feature there was speculation among my fleet how the campaign was going to be implemented. Most thought both tiers would be unlocked like the beta presented. The the gold unlocked for points after purple was my opinion. Nearly everyone else said it would be Dil to unlock. No one guessed it would be cash only.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    flsmnpm68m1s.png

Especially as a VIP0 you shpuld be happy about any extra free stuff, and here u get a free 4/4 Georgiou and a free SR citation on top? Are ppl never happy? Geez.... :|

Sorry about ur shuttle bug, no clue what it is, hope it gets resolved. Happy gaming, and i am sorry that ppl that pay and keep this game up, get extra goodies which you wont. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • edited April 2019
    Why are DB insisting on the continued devaluation of dilithium? It started with allowing it to be earned for free when previously it was a pay only currency - now, why would anyone bother buying packs when you can get all of this for slightly more cash?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I was just hoping for more $5 range.
    Let’s fly!
  • For me the shuttle missions cause me to miss completion for the dailies because of the shuttle reset bug issue. As a VIP 0, I'm not thrilled with the real money only premium tier. I thought when campaigns were first presented that the gold tier would be unlocked once a set number of points were accrued, such as when the purple tier was completely finished. That scenario would have caused much less commotion among the fish.
    flsmnpm68m1s.png

Especially as a VIP0 you shpuld be happy about any extra free stuff, and here u get a free 4/4 Georgiou and a free SR citation on top? Are ppl never happy? Geez.... :|

Sorry about ur shuttle bug, no clue what it is, hope it gets resolved. Happy gaming, and i am sorry that ppl that pay and keep this game up, get extra goodies which you wont. ;)

Many times on this forum I have read the words "Why comment if you can't be nice?"

• Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Priced right, but I don’t like the paywall thing. Almost every other aspect of the game, you can get around paying real money through planning/effort/saving up. That was one of my favorite things abt STT. Not here and I think it sets a bad precedence. DIL would have been preferable (and I know DB were clear from the start that this will not be the case).

Might still buy when the legendary is interesting. Not Leland.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

With Voyages, double up Cadets, rewards from Gauntlet, events etc. they still pile up nicely even if you do the dailies. Unlike you I also still regularly level up crew and complete the dailies every day. Even than it does.

Also since you are picky about which events you attack trust me - there is zero a problem in saving up resources. Also we log in many times daily anyway for Voyages, Gauntlet, shuttle stuff etc. Do a piece here and there and it is a walk in the park.

• robownage wrote: »
    That's patently false, though. The very first post about campaigns specifically mentions that the gold track was exceptionally free for the beta. The paywall was made clear from the start. Additionally, there are some pretty nice perks for those who play for free.

Thanks for the link! Was this info ever sent in game?

Amen!!!

Many times on this forum I have read the words "Why comment if you can't be nice?"

Complaining about not getting everything for free was not nice either, but, sorry, greedy. DB gives you countless hours of entertainment, now even more goodies just for doing things we do anyway. And you are all salty about that.

In life and in games - people who pay have more than the ones who don´t. As normal as the sun rising every morning. Also, while you will surely disagree ;) , the peeps who pay for stuff keep the game alive for people like you and so deserve to have more. You should be grateful really and not XXL hungry for more freebies...