Home The Bridge

Mark the date for our first full length Campaign: Thursday 04/18!

Comments

• I'm not a vip 14, I assume that buying this will aslo give you VIP points as well and if so how much ?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many times on this forum I have read the words "Why comment if you can't be nice?"

Complaining about not getting everything for free was not nice either, but, sorry, greedy. DB gives you countless hours of entertainment, now even more goodies just for doing things we do anyway. And you are all salty about that.

In life and in games - people who pay have more than the ones who don´t. As normal as the sun rising every morning. Also, while you will surely disagree ;) , the peeps who pay for stuff keep the game alive for people like you and so deserve to have more. You should be grateful really and not XXL hungry for more freebies...

The problem would be if many bought these so that those that didn't were at a distinct disadvantage. The monthly card does that to some extent already at $4. If the rewards for this campaign is such that you have to buy it to do well in game then you add on $10 more. Now you are up to $14 a month. What if DB adds on something else in a few months for more money? It all starts to snowball and causes problems with huge disparity in players and player retention.
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the shuttle missions cause me to miss completion for the dailies because of the shuttle reset bug issue. As a VIP 0, I'm not thrilled with the real money only premium tier. I thought when campaigns were first presented that the gold tier would be unlocked once a set number of points were accrued, such as when the purple tier was completely finished. That scenario would have caused much less commotion among the fish.
    flsmnpm68m1s.png

I don’t remember ever seeing anything saying that the premium track would follow the basic track, just that tiers in both would be cleared at the same time if you already paid to unlock the premium track or that the premium tiers would be unlocked however far you made it in the basic track if you buy premium later on.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I guess I’m the only one who thinks committing to doing all the dailies for a month is way too much of a commitment. Perhaps I will see where I’m at near the end of the month and buy the rest of the way with dilithium.

That’s probably true, my friend. The only one I could possibly see being onerous is doing 5 arena battles, and I do one each after warping five of the daily cadet missions. Everything else takes a matter of seconds to do and I log in frequently enough that the time delay between scans, cadet missions, and arena battles is no problem at all.

The part that does it for me is burning chrons to do missions. If I do this daily I’ll deplete my supply for events which is what I put all of my resources into

160 chrons a day spent on good pre-farming missions like Double Trouble and Xahean Invasion can’t be the top much of a drain, can they? Compared to using them in an event with a supply kit, you’re really only sacrificing 40 chrons per day - whatever that works out to across a month with nominally three events that require chrons for victory must surely be a small price to pay for the extra merits, honor, and credits from dailies and now the generous Campaign rewards.

Granted, I don’t really know what it's like at the top of the leaderboards...I burned maybe 4,000 chrons for the second half of the last event to stay in the top 1000 (and another 2,000 on all the booze being drunk on Rura Penthe between Kirk and the Commandant) and don’t know what it’s like to dump tens of thousands of chrons into a top-25 or top-5 finish every week.

I only do pre-farming during skirmishes. I keep track of what I’m short on each galaxy event and how I can acquire those items via ship battles. I do this
    For me the shuttle missions cause me to miss completion for the dailies because of the shuttle reset bug issue. As a VIP 0, I'm not thrilled with the real money only premium tier. I thought when campaigns were first presented that the gold tier would be unlocked once a set number of points were accrued, such as when the purple tier was completely finished. That scenario would have caused much less commotion among the fish.
    flsmnpm68m1s.png

I don’t remember ever seeing anything saying that the premium track would follow the basic track, just that tiers in both would be cleared at the same time if you already paid to unlock the premium track or that the premium tiers would be unlocked however far you made it in the basic track if you buy premium later on.
    I guess I’m the only one who thinks committing to doing all the dailies for a month is way too much of a commitment. Perhaps I will see where I’m at near the end of the month and buy the rest of the way with dilithium.

That’s probably true, my friend. The only one I could possibly see being onerous is doing 5 arena battles, and I do one each after warping five of the daily cadet missions. Everything else takes a matter of seconds to do and I log in frequently enough that the time delay between scans, cadet missions, and arena battles is no problem at all.

The part that does it for me is burning chrons to do missions. If I do this daily I’ll deplete my supply for events which is what I put all of my resources into

160 chrons a day spent on good pre-farming missions like Double Trouble and Xahean Invasion can’t be the top much of a drain, can they? Compared to using them in an event with a supply kit, you’re really only sacrificing 40 chrons per day - whatever that works out to across a month with nominally three events that require chrons for victory must surely be a small price to pay for the extra merits, honor, and credits from dailies and now the generous Campaign rewards.

Granted, I don’t really know what it's like at the top of the leaderboards...I burned maybe 4,000 chrons for the second half of the last event to stay in the top 1000 (and another 2,000 on all the booze being drunk on Rura Penthe between Kirk and the Commandant) and don’t know what it’s like to dump tens of thousands of chrons into a top-25 or top-5 finish every week.

@Dirk Gunderson and @JeanLucKirk I will just say it interferes with my event strategy. Events are my STT life. Everything I do is geared for event preparedness

• Navarch wrote: »
    Quick clarification question: if we unlock tier 100, we will have earned 4/5 of Leland and a 5* citation if we pay $9.99?

If you unlock Tier 100 as well as the Premium Rewards track, in total you will earn 4 copies of 5* Leland (4/5 stars when fully fused) and 1x 5* citation, yes.

I for one think that this is a very acceptable attempt at earning more money for the company. It's in no way mandatory and is (in my eyes) a perfect price point. I see myself choosing this option quite often. I also feel like my opinion was heard from the survey. I hope this is a sign of things to come.
    How much dilithium does it cost to advance to the next tier? Does increased accolade amount mean more daily missions to complete or just higher rewards for completing the same amount? How much does VIP add to your accolades you get? Can a VIP0 still do all the dailies and unlock the final reward?
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much dilithium does it cost to advance to the next tier? Does increased accolade amount mean more daily missions to complete or just higher rewards for completing the same amount? How much does VIP add to your accolades you get? Can a VIP0 still do all the dailies and unlock the final reward?

Tune in next week. Same bat-time. Same bat-channel

• elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    Many times on this forum I have read the words "Why comment if you can't be nice?"

DB gives you countless hours of entertainment...

:D:D:D

Thank you.

• JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    elemntee wrote: »

:D:D:D

Thank you.

Pleasure. Cause in case STT doesn´t, well, delete it and move on... ;)

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a vip 14, I assume that buying this will aslo give you VIP points as well and if so how much ?

All $9.99 purchases give 500 VIP points. Would be very odd if they specifically put something in so that this purchase didn't, but hopefully Riker or Shan can give you 100% confirmation.
    The problem would be if many bought these so that those that didn't were at a distinct disadvantage. It causes problems with huge disparity in players

In games likes these there is always a huge disparity in players. From VIP0 to small spenders to big spenders the playing field is very very mixed. Hence as I always say: The best way for people to enjoy STT is not to think about what others have, may do etc. But to focus on yourself, the own budget, the own possibilities. And to make the most out of it.

Furthermore compared to many other prices and offers this one is quite low priced. 4/5 legendary + legendary citation next to the other goodies = very very fair.

Also with the right approach in the right events etc. anything is possible even for the non/small spenders. As StellarIce has proven by winning 2 Galaxy events as VIP0. With being patient, saving up resources etc. Galaxy and also Skirmishes are the best events for that. You don´t need a big depth of crew. Just patience, perseverance and time on your hands...

P.S.: If not many players would buy whatever this game would follow the path of the other DB games - dead and gone. Also since STT has a loyal fanbase, but also a limited, small one. Compared to the userbase of the monster hits on the market even a tiny one. So without a decent number of peeps creating revenue bye, bye STT. Hence as said: Anyone who keeps this game alive fully deserves advantages and to have more. And there are certain events where anyone can do well in the right moment with the right prep...

The $9.99 campaign deal is good if you regularly spend money, bad if you do not. I do not think the campaigns by themselves will break the game. My worry would be if this is the start of many other things added to the game that all require money. I will buy the first campaign and see how it goes from there. These things do not affect me much either way. I am an established player with many good crew. My concern is for newer players who might get frustrated by things like this and quit. If players are driven away by cost and the player base shrinks then DB would have to add more and more money making things which would then drive even more players away. It happened in another game by another company I played. But if players like this and enjoy then that is good. Maybe it will help new players and they will get their friends to join too and help the game grow. That would be great. We will see as time goes on.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    flsmnpm68m1s.png

Especially as a VIP0 you shpuld be happy about any extra free stuff, and here u get a free 4/4 Georgiou and a free SR citation on top? Are ppl never happy? Geez.... :|

Sorry about ur shuttle bug, no clue what it is, hope it gets resolved. Happy gaming, and i am sorry that ppl that pay and keep this game up, get extra goodies which you wont. ;)

I haven't posted in this Forum in weeks. I said I was done, because of the way people treat people here. I was encouraged to not let people drive me totally away. I feel I have to comment on this.

EDIT: Removed comments that were me doing what other people did to me that made me stop posting!!!!!

flsmnpm68m1s.png

The Feedback thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13385/campaigns-beta-feedback-issues-thread/p1

The thread ducussing suggested cost, started 20 March 2019:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13403/reality-check-campaigns-lets-talk-dollars-and-cents/p1

The costing cashy folding money was never a surprise.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    edited April 2019
    flsmnpm68m1s.png

I do the six Cadets and ten Arenas a day. That gets it down to 96 Chronies a day to complete the 20/20 on Missions and Space Battles.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    @DScottHewitt I get the frustration, but keep in mind that not everyone reads the forums, blogs or even the thin on facts ingame messages. I can’t remember if they announced in game that the premium track would cost money out of beta. Also, I don’t know about your fleet, but most of the top 50 fleets would be communicating and discussing the beta and this announcement in ‘side apps’, but that doesn’t mean other players are being intentionally obtuse.

Having said all that. Folks that are singing praise because they think DB have made a decision to start the campaign inline with daily reset <facepalm> :#
    That’s bugging me more to be honest!
    [to spell it out - DB always said the plan was to run it in line with daily resets, but for the beta that would have been bad timing]

Still, I think this $9.99 for a 4/5 and a legendary citation is a pretty amazing deal.
    @DScottHewitt I get the frustration, but keep in mind that not everyone reads the forums, blogs or even the thin on facts ingame messages. I can’t remember if they announced in game that the premium track would cost money out of beta. Also, I don’t know about your fleet, but most of the top 50 fleets would be communicating and discussing the beta and this announcement in ‘side apps’, but that doesn’t mean other players are being intentionally obtuse.

Having said all that. Folks that are singing praise because they think DB have made a decision to start the campaign inline with daily reset <facepalm> :#
    That’s bugging me more to be honest!
    [to spell it out - DB always said the plan was to run it in line with daily resets, but for the beta that would have been bad timing]

Still, I think this $9.99 for a 4/5 and a legendary citation is a pretty amazing deal.

$9.99 for a 4/5 Legendary and a Citation, or a 5/5 Legendary is vety reasonable. Add in the other 95 Rewards a month, easily the best deal in the game right now. When I can start spending again, the $9.99 a month is gonna be a "no-brainer" most months.........
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me, but I'm gonna be "that guy" for a moment. A 4* citation? What will established / higher performing / spending players do with those? I have 5 crew at 3/4, only because faction event packs didn't drop them. Those crew will be in the portal eventually and I'll get them one way or another. I just don't need a 4* citation. I doubt I'm alone on that.

I'd happily take the 18K honor equivalent though, since then I could decide how to spend it.

OK, I'm done. Please resume the lavish praise thread. (Actually, I'm enjoying the read, and I'm wavering on my vote from the poll thread, but someone needed to say something critical in here.)
    Forgive me, but I'm gonna be "that guy" for a moment. A 4* citation? What will established / higher performing / spending players do with those? I have 5 crew at 3/4, only because faction event packs didn't drop them. Those crew will be in the portal eventually and I'll get them one way or another. I just don't need a 4* citation. I doubt I'm alone on that.

I'd happily take the 18K honor equivalent though, since then I could decide how to spend it.

OK, I'm done. Please resume the lavish praise thread. (Actually, I'm enjoying the read, and I'm wavering on my vote from the poll thread, but someone needed to say something critical in here.)

The free track will help out lower level players. They could have just made this a Premium only thing. And, we know at least one established player who is gonna be tickled pink to get a 4* Citation every month for free.

I'm even about 95% on freezing my Immortal Section 31 Lippy and picking up a spare. Then, if Lippy is needed for, say a Disco Event, I can thaw out the "spare" and have two to use in Event.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

The 4* citation could be handy for future Faction events.....no need to use dil getting event packs to get the fourth star on the new super rare character.

Beware of the Inventory Cap Monster, though, which eats your stuff randomly. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    I do really like that the last reward is a citation. That is great for people that have gotten one copy of the legendary or super rare through events or packs. That was a smart move. They are starting campaigns to coincide with season 2 finale of Discovery. I wonder if future campaigns will start at the beginning of the months.
    Let’s fly!
  • I haven't posted in this Forum in weeks. I said I was done, because of the way people treat people here. I was encouraged to not let people drive me totally away. I feel I have to comment on this.
    I have missed you! Glad you made a return!

Some of my fleet had NO idea about the cash gold tier until today with the in game message today. {ACE} Pasty is correct that not everyone checks the forum frequently, so quite a few players missed the play by play about the campaigns. No falsehoods intended. Simply my opinion and perception of the campaign, I now see that there was a lack in game communication.

It was to my understanding this forum is for STT players to discuss views, opinions and feedback for the game.

This is the first time for a cash only paywall, before all other aspects of the game---credits, merits, honor and dilithium---were able to be earned in game.
    edited April 2019
    I haven't posted in this Forum in weeks. I said I was done, because of the way people treat people here. I was encouraged to not let people drive me totally away. I feel I have to comment on this.
    I have missed you! Glad you made a return!

Some of my fleet had NO idea about the cash gold tier until today with the in game message today. {ACE} Pasty is correct that not everyone checks the forum frequently, so quite a few players missed the play by play about the campaigns. No falsehoods intended. Simply my opinion and perception of the campaign, I now see that there was a lack in game communication.

It was to my understanding this forum is for STT players to discuss views, opinions and feedback for the game.

This is the first time for a cash only paywall, before all other aspects of the game---credits, merits, honor and dilithium---were able to be earned in game.

I apologise that my return was to take your post the wrong way. I understand it can be very frustrating to get communication sometimes. This game usually does better than some games communicating, though. I actually play a game where the game company made a Forum to make game announcements, and now drops all the big news on Discord........
  • The problem would be if many bought these so that those that didn't were at a distinct disadvantage. It causes problems with huge disparity in players

In games likes these there is always a huge disparity in players. From VIP0 to small spenders to big spenders the playing field is very very mixed. Hence as I always say: The best way for people to enjoy STT is not to think about what others have, may do etc. But to focus on yourself, the own budget, the own possibilities. And to make the most out of it.

Furthermore compared to many other prices and offers this one is quite low priced. 4/5 legendary + legendary citation next to the other goodies = very very fair.

Also with the right approach in the right events etc. anything is possible even for the non/small spenders. As StellarIce has proven by winning 2 Galaxy events as VIP0. With being patient, saving up resources etc. Galaxy and also Skirmishes are the best events for that. You don´t need a big depth of crew. Just patience, perseverance and time on your hands...

P.S.: If not many players would buy whatever this game would follow the path of the other DB games - dead and gone. Also since STT has a loyal fanbase, but also a limited, small one. Compared to the userbase of the monster hits on the market even a tiny one. So without a decent number of peeps creating revenue bye, bye STT. Hence as said: Anyone who keeps this game alive fully deserves advantages and to have more. And there are certain events where anyone can do well in the right moment with the right prep...

I disagree. I initially played a long while for zero spent at all, eventually started buying monthly cards and a few special deals, etc. Eventually became a low-mid spender, have never spent money on an event pack. What makes the difference in how well you do in events is how many event crew and variants you've got.

The longer you play the game with 6+ then 8+ hour voyages, the more 4* event crew you'll have, and you'll naturally be able to be competitive in events. If you don't buy the monthly card so can't afford dil for buying an extra cadet ticket every thursday, then you may have to skip every other faction event to compete in them and have enough 1.5 hour time boosts, but any other event type just requires enough time to have a reasonable number of event variants (or 8 hour voyages for chron hoarding). Spending less money takes a little longer to get that number of variants, but is not significantly less effective.

The difference between big spenders with a large number of cited legendaries, and a low spender with 4-5 FF mega event legendaries, is if they spend enough time on a weekend they'll have no problem being top 500. Low-mid spenders with 6-8+ months in the game probably won't have much trouble reaching top 1500 frequently, especially if they pick their events and don't chase every one. I think the perception is spending money is a huge advantage, but how much better is event rank 300 than rank 1300? the legendary is the only thing of major consequence. It's a small Dil difference, and the single premium pulls rarely drop anything but rare crew and schematics.
    We do not know what else will be in the campaign for rewards. Likely many will buy the first one and not buy subsequent ones. We will know more after the first campaign. I will be happy if DB is willing to listen to the players after the first campaign and make some changes if necessary.
    Let’s fly!
  • I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this. The free track looks excellent, with a 4/4 crew (or 800 Honour if you already have/don't want this one) and the SR Citation is excellent. I have about 15 crew at 3/4 that are just crying out for this.
    I was concerned that the Premium track would be a bit stingy but I've got to say, that's really good too. I was not expecting that!
    I will likely buy into this, not every month maybe but as a bit of a treat if something comes up that really grabs my attention.
    I religiously complete all my daily items as it boosts our fleet rewards so this is a nice bonus for rewarding regular play, with a CHOICE whether to participate in the premium if you want to.
    I'm happy with that!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I can’t remember if they announced in game that the premium track would cost money out of beta.

Kind of? They didn't outright say in the in game message that it would cost cash money, just that the premium track would need to be purchased. They did say so in the blog post which was linked in the message, but not in the message itself.

From the in game message...
    For this beta only we are granting all players the Premium Rewards Track which will allow you to unlock the additional rewards. Once the feature leaves beta testing, Campaigns will be scheduled to coincide with the daily reset and the daily missions reset - and the Premium Rewards Track will need to be purchased to unlock additional rewards.
  • Will we get bonus Dil for making a campaign purchase?