Home The Bridge

Mark the date for our first full length Campaign: Thursday 04/18!

1235»

Comments

• I asked about getting Dil back in the initial feedback thread. SunshineRiker said he thought so, but never confirmed it 100%.

After nearly 2 years of playing, I have never seen a cash purchase that didn't give VIP points and DIL appropriate to your VIP level. In fact, when the VIP points have been wrong for a purchase, it has always been quickly reported on the forums and resolved.

If DB took away the ability to earn VIP points and DIL on specific cash purchases, I would expect the pitchforks to come out with a vengance. Especially if they did not announce it up front and/or make it clear at the time of purchase.

One final note, removing the VIP points and Dil from the purchase would only increase the advantage for those already @ VIP14. Once @ VIP14, there is nothing more to gain by additional spending. Until then, every cash purchase helps get you additonal crew slots and replications, among other rewards. If DB starts taking this away, current wallets will start to close and new ones will fail to appear.
  • Will we get bonus Dil for making a campaign purchase?

I would assume you would get your VIP bonus Dil for the $9.99 purchase, along with the requisite VIP points.
  • Will we get bonus Dil for making a campaign purchase?

That would be even better.

Also, to add my 2 cents, I don't mind spending money as long it is strategic. I don't buy random packs or make impulses for this game. I have a set amount to spend like all my hobbies since this is one of those you can dump tons of money into as the RNG gods torment. (Nothing bad about that, in fact, that gives you the great highs and lows with this game).

Having a steady stream of extra rewards, new 4 and 5 stars, and the ability to opt in at any time for the premium track is great. It's funny, I'm a little more excited for the 4 star citations than the 5 since I have so many 3/4s just piling up from events.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we get bonus Dil for making a campaign purchase?

Would be weird if we didn't.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    My humble 2 cents about full length Campaign

1. Standard Rewards track is great! And free! You get 4/4 character at the end and still one 4* citation. This citation is really interesting to me as I have lots of 3/4 characters waiting to show up in portal. With this I can complete them and freeze them. I see this "every month one additional free crew slot". I just wonder what kind of additional rewards will be in other tiers.

2. Premium Rewards track - I see it perfectly balanced for pricing. You pay $9.99 (plus conversion and VAT in Europe) and you get 4/5 character AND 5* citation. Ok, you have to "play almost every day to unlock them" but that is the point; to "play every day".There are also other rewards in remaining tiers. No other offer gives you 4/5* for that price. Was there any offer where you could buy 5* citation? I don't remember any so I can't compare prices. Most immportant to me is that I can see which specific 5* character it is (no begold or something similar) before I choose to pay, so if I like or want or need that character I will pay as this is sure way to get it. And t get it immortalized for reasonable price.

I don't see Premium Reward track as something that will unbalance this game at all. Players that were ready to pay for 5* could always spend lot of dils for more Premium pulls. This is just way to get very specific 5* to 5/5 for $9.99 (plus conversion and VAT in Europe), nothing more.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

1. Standard Rewards track is great! And free! You get 4/4 character at the end and still one 4* citation. This citation is really interesting to me as I have lots of 3/4 characters waiting to show up in portal. With this I can complete them and freeze them. I see this "every month one additional free crew slot". I just wonder what kind of additional rewards will be in other tiers.

2. Premium Rewards track - I see it perfectly balanced for pricing. You pay $9.99 (plus conversion and VAT in Europe) and you get 4/5 character AND 5* citation. Ok, you have to "play almost every day to unlock them" but that is the point; to "play every day".There are also other rewards in remaining tiers. No other offer gives you 4/5* for that price. Was there any offer where you could buy 5* citation? I don't remember any so I can't compare prices. Most immportant to me is that I can see which specific 5* character it is (no begold or something similar) before I choose to pay, so if I like or want or need that character I will pay as this is sure way to get it. And t get it immortalized for reasonable price.

I don't see Premium Reward track as something that will unbalance this game at all. Players that were ready to pay for 5* could always spend lot of dils for more Premium pulls. This is just way to get very specific 5* to 5/5 for $9.99 (plus conversion and VAT in Europe), nothing more.

Where did they say an additional Crew Slit every month? I missed that.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

I said I see it as free crew slot because 4* citation enables me to immortalize and remove some 3/4 that is using slot for months.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭

I think he means that with the 4* citation, once a month he can FF a character that's at 3/4* and then freeze them, feeling up a crew slot.

I said I see it as free crew slot because 4* citation enables me to immortalize and remove some 3/4 that is using slot for months.

I think he means that with the 4* citation, once a month he can FF a character that's at 3/4* and then freeze them, feeling up a crew slot.

Yeah. I definitely misunderstood. Thought that they had said one on the Accomplishment prizes was that, and I just didn't see it.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • HaBlack wrote: »

Could be a she #JustSayin
    edited April 2019

Could be a she #JustSayin

Oh my God, Karen. You can't just assume what gender someone is!!!!!!

[/butchered movie quote]
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad I checked in here, it hadn’t occurred to me to start another copy of Georgiou.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for all the feedback and civil discourse, everyone :)

Please keep in mind that not all features are meant to appeal to every single player. So it is understandable that some of you may not be interested, and that is perfectly fine.

I can confirm that the Premium Rewards Track purchase will grant VIP points, and this in turn, depending on your VIP level, will grant some bonus Dilithium.
  • Maybe this is just me being cynical, but...

Anyone else notice that they're offering a new game mode with Georgiou as reward just as an event starts where she's the bonus crew, BUT that you won't be able to get even your first copy until after the event ends, unless you spend dil?

I realize that during a Galaxy that's less important, but still makes my money-grab-meter twinge...
  • Maybe this is just me being cynical, but...

Anyone else notice that they're offering a new game mode with Georgiou as reward just as an event starts where she's the bonus crew, BUT that you won't be able to get even your first copy until after the event ends, unless you spend dil?

I realize that during a Galaxy that's less important, but still makes my money-grab-meter twinge...

It's a Galaxy though, so she wouldn't be as useful as she would be in a faction. I'm not unfreezing my S31 Philippa for it.
  • You also get a version of her during the event that provides a bigger bonus though. Even if you did use DIL to get her, it would be less efficient than using the version you get as a threshold rewards for the event.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback and civil discourse, everyone :)

Please keep in mind that all not features are meant to appeal to every single player. So it is understandable that some of you may not be interested, and that is perfectly fine.

I can confirm that the Premium Rewards Track purchase will grant VIP points, and this in turn, depending on your VIP level, will grant some bonus Dilithium.
    Shan didnt say how many VIP points so I shall assume one million. ;)
    Let’s fly!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to throw this out there one last time...

"Campaigns" is a silly name for it. It implies an active element to the gameplay, where what they (DB) have added is really a passive element, whereby you have to do absolutely nothing (extra) to earn the rewards, other than normal daily play which you are already doing for Daily Missions.

That being said, I will gladly take the bonuses they are throwing at me, and the price point for Premium is more than fair even at 1/5 for $9.99, which is what we were already seeing occasionally as a bonus offer. Hopefully the Campaigns Golds are always new crew.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I think this is fantastic. I'm not someone who pays for games though I have bought the monthly card a couple times to get myself that 4th shuttle. I enjoyed the beta of campaigns and immediately thought it was a cool idea. I knew immediately I wasn't going to pay for the premium track because it's just not the kind of game player I am. What I like most about campaigns (aside from the obviously great rewards) is that as a non-paying player I still get to enjoy the benefits. The two tier system is an excellent idea. Will I get less than people who pay for the premium tier? Sure. But I still get to do the campaign on the basic tier. This new addition is inclusive of both the free players and paid players which is brilliant!

I support the game by doing ads. Those with thicker wallets support it with cash. This is an ideal system in which everyone benefits. The way these campaigns work speaks to DB really understanding the stuff that makes this game good. I couldn't be more pleased with this update. :)