Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Extinction Point (rerun) - 05/02 edit trait correction

Comments

• Options
    Aww. Extinction Point holds a special place in my heart as the event we boycotted during DB: Do Better. Now that the rerun has come around, it's actually kind of staggering to see just how much you have. Even though an error was made today, which is human, it was corrected in a very timely manner.

Interesting. What's the back story behind that?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww. Extinction Point holds a special place in my heart as the event we boycotted during DB: Do Better. Now that the rerun has come around, it's actually kind of staggering to see just how much you have. Even though an error was made today, which is human, it was corrected in a very timely manner.

Interesting. What's the back story behind that?

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/61516
  • Options
    Unless they give Thrax the Dominion trait, which kinda wouldn’t make sense since he’s a rogue, he’s not going to count as bonus crew. Does anyone know yet if it was originally Domion, Changeling, or both last time?
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they give Thrax the Dominion trait, which kinda wouldn’t make sense since he’s a rogue, he’s not going to count as bonus crew. Does anyone know yet if it was originally Domion, Changeling, or both last time?
    My understanding is that the original Thrax was a Cardassian security chief for a time when DS9 was Terok Nor. Then Odo had a vision or dream in which he saw Thrax running around but it turned out in his vision dream that Thrax was really him. DB has changed that though and they have it like Thrax is another changeling working for Dominion interests and so he should be Dominion trait but isn't.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    So with 4 event crew, who is going to be the threshold reward? Laas or Odo? Don't have any Laas but have had Odo at 2 stars for months. FE just waiting for 2 more stars
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

It was Changeling, Xindi and Dominion originally.

Handily all Odos fell under Changeling. Now, one Odo variant does not have the Changeling trait (Douglas Pabst).

There's also one Changeling that is neither an Odo nor Dominion (if we discount Laas who is event crew anyway) and that's our buddy Thrax.

There are no issues with Dominion or Xindi crew.

It would behove DB to include the Changeling trait to the event, as was originally the case ... there were come grumblings in the player community that Thrax was a bland 5* mega event crew choice due to skill set and being very similar to two past mega event 5*s ... You would assume that DB knew that Extinction Point would be the re-run after the mega (hey I assumed so the moment they put the schedule out) ... so you could assume there were some calculated benefits to adding the Changeling trait at a later moment during the mega ...
    Most players have Thrax, and probably 4/5, so DB would do a solid to the player base by including him in the upcoming event ... I mean we've been playing hard these past 4 weeks without the idea he'd be of much use in the future and hey ... he could be of use the first event right after the mega, which would maybe remove some of the bland taste that some players have towards Thrax.

Thankfully, Changeling Bashir has the Dominion trait or the current event would be a bit of a dud. :)
  • Options
    After going for rank in the last 7 events, I"m feeling kinda meh about this. Doesn't help that I don't many event/bonus crew for this as well. I agree with RaraRacing; it would be cool to include the changing bonus should people can use the Thrax they got from the mega.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn it I can’t help feel somewhat responsible for this mess my suggestion of having the xindi and dominion traits added was not to have the changeling one removed. All three should be bonus it is a rerun after all.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Why de heck do we not have a xindi faction yet?! An event that features xindi. But no faction for em yet?
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why de heck do we not have a xindi faction yet?! An event that features xindi. But no faction for em yet?

Maybe because Xindi became member of Federation while for example Bayor regained its independence and became affiliated with the Federation.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Word. I’m excited for a new Bellana! 🥰
  • Options
    HaBlack wrote: »

Maybe because Xindi became member of Federation while for example Bayor regained its independence and became affiliated with the Federation.

Fair enough.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Fair enough.
    I think it is just that there are not very many characters to draw from. I would like DB to expand it though and create some xindi avians. Then push out the Hirogen faction that mainly goes unused.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough.
    I think it is just that there are not very many characters to draw from. I would like DB to expand it though and create some xindi avians. Then push out the Hirogen faction that mainly goes unused.

Yeah, pretty much all the main Xindi are in the game already. Only one I can really think of is Keatit-Amat-Sur (I made up the spelling without looking it up so forgive me if it’s weong) the Aauatic from the Ibbits dynasty which Degra said was very powerful and influential. She would make a GREAT 5* character

• Options
    Thalen, Damron and the prisoner Kessick spring to mind as well as the aquatic whom I don’t know how to spell either.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Did Tucker Smallwood (Primate on the Xindi Council) ever earn a Xindi name?
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    Since Thrax was a Cardassian but not a Changeling in DS9, does that mean the one in our game who is still a Changeling is a "DB Original" and should be in that Collection?
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    What is the trait Shapeshifter supposed to mean?

Why is Trader Odo a Shapeshifter but no other Changeling or Odo is?

Also, I don't think the M-113 Creature and The Keeper are actually Shapeshifters, they're telepathic and can make others believe they look like something else.
  • Options
    Trader Odo is human at that time, so really should just have the human trait. Totally agree about M-113 creature and The Keeper, the shapeshifter trait should be removed from all 3.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I just hope there isn't too many security seats with Trax now gone that leaves three crew that will be decent for me (@ circa +1400), 2 of which are secondary skills. Dolim might also be good enough but mine is only 3/4.

Stranded Odo would be the best option, Then Ikat'ika and then Army Chaplain Odo. Engineering is going to be bad as well my Gralik Durr is only 2/4.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope there isn't too many security seats with Trax now gone that leaves three crew that will be decent for me (@ circa +1400), 2 of which are secondary skills. Dolim might also be good enough but mine is only 3/4.

Stranded Odo would be the best option, Then Ikat'ika and then Army Chaplain Odo. Engineering is going to be bad as well my Gralik Durr is only 2/4.

For ENG you potentially have Jannar, who will be a decent sub for Degra because you can be sure that there will be SCI & ENG seats in pt. 1.

I've mentioned it numerous times for Odo events ... don't overlook Constable Odo if you are strapped for SEC ... I have him with a 601 base SEC, which translates nicely to 1202 (that would be my #4 base crew on standard days) ... and it you hit that with a 3* SEC boost, because of seating arrangement, that's actually really quite nice.

Trader Odo is also not bad for SEC (731 * 2 for me).

Anyway, depending a bit on Torres' stats it is probably thresholds and out for me this event ... but it is the first event ever where I will have all 4 bonus crew, so I'll see how it is going come Sunday.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh..oh honey...if you’re banking on Dolim for anything, you’re going to be massively disappointed. He’s near Commander Sela levels of bad, one of the worst 4* cards along with Colonel Karr and Commander Uhura.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Oh..oh honey...if you’re banking on Dolim for anything, you’re going to be massively disappointed. He’s near Commander Sela levels of bad, one of the worst 4* cards along with Colonel Karr and Commander Uhura.

It’s ok I have a 5/5 Rura penthe kirk to fall back on but I’m just making a point that by removing Thrax security is seriously lacking as bonus crew probably for many.

Ps you forgot mirror Sisko 😂
  • Options
    I don't have any of the event crew yet so this will be interesting. I got a few Odos and some Xindi so lets see how far that gets me...
  • Options
    Laas and Stranded Odo are the super rares for this, do we know which one will be in the threshold rewards?
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yeldoow wrote: »
    Laas and Stranded Odo are the super rares for this, do we know which one will be in the threshold rewards?

In the first run of the event, Laas was rank and Odo was threshold. I would suspect they will be swapped for the re-run, but we will not know for sure until the event reward table is released.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any of the event crew yet so this will be interesting. I got a few Odos and some Xindi so lets see how far that gets me...

Which ones do you have? There are some pretty awesome Xindi and also there's Dolim :)
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just FEed a 1* Xindi Insectoid Counselor, and its competitive against most of my immortalized bonus crew.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've already seen them all, but...

twy7eijd0ii0.jpg
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    We've already seen them all, but...

twy7eijd0ii0.jpg

If you needed a stark reminder of how much the art quality has improved, this is it. Mulhall's art is in another league compared to these other three.