Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Extinction Point (rerun) - 05/02 edit trait correction

1235»

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Flemming wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Sovinox wrote: »
    Kind of sneaky, Xindi Prisoner Archer pops up in cryo when you search for xindi but he is not a xindi so gives no bonus whereas all the others that pop up when you search xindi are xindi and give bonus.

Dang. Unfroze it and did not realize it. Argh. Back to the freezer he goes!
    Kind of sneaky, Xindi Prisoner Archer pops up in cryo when you search for xindi but he is not a xindi so gives no bonus whereas all the others that pop up when you search xindi are xindi and give bonus.

Why doesn’t Xindi Archer have the Xindi trait??? I also unfroze him

Well, hes a Prisoner of the Xindi, but not really. Watching that episode it was all a ruse. And Archer is not pretending to be a Xindi, he is pretending to have escaped them, and is very much human.

Is it any different than Romulan Data having the Romulan trait? All I want is consistency.

Romulan Data was pretending to be a Romulan.
    Xindi Prisoner Archer was not pretending to be Xindi.

So Data should be an undercover operative or costumed. Pretending to be something doesn't make you something. Romulan Data is no more Romulan than Xindi Archer is Xindi. Those are far from the only examples of inconsistency on traits.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    as far as I can deduce crew impersonating other races has been fairly consistent.

Mintakan Troi and Riker have both Vulcan and Mintakan traits
    Romulan Kirk and Picard also have Romulan trait.
    Suliban Reed has Suliban Trait.

Although Leland should have the Trill trait, dang I knew there would be more; Breen Dukat should have Breen Trait - although argumentatively he has removed his helmet thus giving himself away somewhat and Boothby replicant should have human trait perhaps.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as I can deduce crew impersonating other races has been fairly consistent.

Although Leland should have the Trill trait, dang I knew there would be more; Breen Dukat should have Breen Trait - although argumentatively he has removed his helmet thus giving himself away somewhat and Boothby replicant should have human trait perhaps.

I have found where the inconsistency lies.

If a Federation (read: "good guy") person is impersonating another species, that person gets both traits, "bad guys" don't seem to get that privilege.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    So true, my favourite one though is Karr doesn't have the hunter trait..... he's HIROGEN participating in hunt games!
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure consistency for storyline/player preference is the best approach when you've also got to think about game balance. We even have to discuss it amongst ourselves before forum members come close to consensus on some recommended character traits, but we don't tend to think about game balance at all. Sometimes adding/removing traits can make some crew significantly less useful (Agent Janeway) or would make then potentially overpowered (event or voyage wise).
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be good if DB would provide clear criteria for each trait.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    But at the end of the ep thrax was shown to be a changeling, sent from the dominion to show those within the group dream/vision (jadzia, sisko, garak) that odo had mistakenly had 4 bajorans executed. in an attempt to break down his relationship with the solids. That was when odo finally realized what was happening.
    There never really was an ep with the real cardassian thrax. This ep was a dominion changeling impersonating as thrax.
    So he is not a timelines original with the exception of xindi trait since in timeline world only are dominion and xindi in partnership. He should have cardassian, changeling, dominion traits.

You need to rewatch the episode. There was no Changeling sent from the Dominion. It was Odo's own conscience reflected as Thrax.
    It has been a little while since I saw the episode but at the end Bashir explains it (paraphrased slightly)...
    "Odo (at this point "solid") still had some ChangelingMorphicProtein that had interacted with the anomaly and as he'd been thinking of his collaboration following the conference, the guilt projected itself into the minds of the others."

I refuse to get drawn into the whole "Thrax should count as Odo" thing again. But, this is correct. Thrax was never a Changeling. Nor was Thrax ever there, in the flashback. Odo's guilt made him project the memory incorrectly, to cover his involvement in the mistaken execution.......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

I have found where the inconsistency lies.

If a Federation (read: "good guy") person is impersonating another species, that person gets both traits, "bad guys" don't seem to get that privilege.

I almost completely agreed with this analysis.... then came Bajoran Dukat. (Drat!)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    e5qpd5h7rpdx.png

Current thresholds.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    qucqvw1cc7vm.jpg

Just got to 400000. Now, I can finally take a break!
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where 1500th is for points?
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where 1500th is for points?

Probably about 420k right now ... I'm 1541 with 410k
  • Options
    e38nvkpanj1c.jpg
  • Options
    People really want that Torres. This event is brutal
  • Options
    Torres is still only around 420K. I just assume these events will be at least 550K.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    People really want that Torres. This event is brutal

Maybe everyone just wants that Degra. He is in three cryo collections.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torres is still only around 420K. I just assume these events will be at least 550K.

Last Faction/Galaxy the cut off for rank 1,500 was 550k, so ur probably right.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m at 429 and doubt I’ll get much more VP...we’ll see if it’s enough.

90jhaj4otz1s.png
  • Options
    gobolts07 wrote: »

90jhaj4otz1s.png

Just remember that many players have not yet turned in their super rares.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »

90jhaj4otz1s.png

Just remember that many players have not yet turned in their super rares.

Holding on at 818 for now. 576,055 VP in case anyone wants a feel for where they are.

Also, this is quite funny for those of us who are fans of The Office. Well done. Wonder if Mudd has any extra Schrute bucks.

53pwq64xkcqe.jpeg
  • Options
    Sitting around rank 790ish at 600k. Let's see how bad it gets within the final 2 hours.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to all of the real humans still tapping away! :s
  • Options
    Two hours to go. I'm going to turn in my super rares now.
    0ijxakdzhsas.jpg
  • Options
    713456 and position 304.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a bit more brutal than I'd expected for a rerun. Had assumed 550k would be enough, but apparently people really wanted Torres.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal best for me:
    pnbki0qpl3np.jpg

I think I was also the lowest ranked player to clear 2 million VP. Burned practically all resources in both phases. Hung around between 13-18 for much of phase 1. It was nice to rub shoulders on the leaderboard with some of the all-stars that frequent these forums. Was hoping for top 25 but I'll take the achivement reward. Plus I finally got a 10 pull from rank rewards; much better for me than the threshold and community pulls:

jcuvioqk2bbi.jpg

Thats the 4th star on Rom and the 3rd on my second copy of Mirror Dax.

I can see that higher rankings in the right hybrid event are possible for me if I hoard my resources again for a few months. 20K chronitrons was alot but still not quite enough.

• Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats the 4th star on Rom and the 3rd on my second copy of Mirror Dax.

I can see that higher rankings in the right hybrid event are possible for me if I hoard my resources again for a few months. 20K chronitrons was alot but still not quite enough.

congrats Odo! And with those extra stars for Rom and Jadzia it sounds like you won't be using many more chrons once your shiny new B'elanna is done :smile:

• Options
    I don't have any of the event crew yet so this will be interesting. I got a few Odos and some Xindi so lets see how far that gets me...

Which ones do you have? There are some pretty awesome Xindi and also there's Dolim :)

Commander Dolim and Jannar - both FE but only 2/4 stars.