Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Extinction Point (rerun) - 05/02 edit trait correction

Comments

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeldoow wrote: »
    Laas and Stranded Odo are the super rares for this, do we know which one will be in the threshold rewards?

In the first run of the event, Laas was rank and Odo was threshold. I would suspect they will be swapped for the re-run, but we will not know for sure until the event reward table is released.

And remember ... being a hybrid we get 1 copy of each 4* in part 2 through the Community rewards.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've already seen them all, but...

twy7eijd0ii0.jpg

If you needed a stark reminder of how much the art quality has improved, this is it. Mulhall's art is in another league compared to these other three.
    Art has definitely gotten better but remember that Laas and Odo had very little definition in the show as changelings and Odo kept that appearance when he was made solid.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Indeed!
  • Options
    This conversation is quite confusing with many points.
    About the thrax (changeling, odo, xindi, dominion) issue, as i recall the episode, the original character of thrax was a cardassian that never was in any ep. just a referenced character that was cardy security chief before odo. But that ep took them back in time to review a mistake odo made as the cardy security chief. Yes, the events in play happened when odo took over thrax position and odo could not figure that part out as to why it was thrax and not himself in the vision/dream.
    But at the end of the ep thrax was shown to be a changeling, sent from the dominion to show those within the group dream/vision (jadzia, sisko, garak) that odo had mistakenly had 4 bajorans executed. in an attempt to break down his relationship with the solids. That was when odo finally realized what was happening.
    There never really was an ep with the real cardassian thrax. This ep was a dominion changeling impersonating as thrax.
    So he is not a timelines original with the exception of xindi trait since in timeline world only are dominion and xindi in partnership. He should have cardassian, changeling, dominion traits.
  • Options
    Odo and Lars always remind me of this:

382o3l61ucw3.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

twy7eijd0ii0.jpg

If you needed a stark reminder of how much the art quality has improved, this is it. Mulhall's art is in another league compared to these other three.

I agree. It’s REALLY good

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Shan the original notes indicate "Ranked Reward 5*: Delta Flyer Torres (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 05/02." Think you were going for event starting 05/09 there
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Hey @Shan the original notes indicate "Ranked Reward 5*: Delta Flyer Torres (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 05/02." Think you were going for event starting 05/09 there

Good catch. That went unnoticed for a long time.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Good catch. That went unnoticed for a long time.

Yah I had even looked at this thread a few times and didn't notice either, I'm sure most people know how it actually works, but I also know that Shan will want it to be accurate
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

<cries>

Thank you, fixed!

Umm... but you now say the event starts on Tuesday?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brain typo ..
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

twy7eijd0ii0.jpg

I agree. It’s REALLY good

As much as the forum complains about things, I feel we need to continue to praise the high quality of the art going on. With a few minor oddities, we’ve come a long way since the days of Mr. Potato Martok, Godzilla Arm Data, Cartoon Universe Tomalak, and others like them...we keep getting masterpieces on a weekly basis and I hope that Shan and SunshineRiker continue to relay our thanks to the art team.

Yes, we have been getting really good art lately. The art has actually kept me from getting certain crew and that hasn’t happened in quite a while

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    fyi Torres not visible in the reward structure
  • Options
    ppslhubiu6uj.jpg

No Torres?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is there, restart for me please? :)
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭

Yes, she is. Nice art!
  • Options
    oswgd0gober6.jpg

Ah, thanx
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delta Flyer Torres has good stats and traits too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my, Torres is very cute, even for a half-Klingon.
  • Options
    But at the end of the ep thrax was shown to be a changeling, sent from the dominion to show those within the group dream/vision (jadzia, sisko, garak) that odo had mistakenly had 4 bajorans executed. in an attempt to break down his relationship with the solids. That was when odo finally realized what was happening.
    There never really was an ep with the real cardassian thrax. This ep was a dominion changeling impersonating as thrax.
    So he is not a timelines original with the exception of xindi trait since in timeline world only are dominion and xindi in partnership. He should have cardassian, changeling, dominion traits.

You need to rewatch the episode. There was no Changeling sent from the Dominion. It was Odo's own conscience reflected as Thrax.
    It has been a little while since I saw the episode but at the end Bashir explains it (paraphrased slightly)...
    "Odo (at this point "solid") still had some ChangelingMorphicProtein that had interacted with the anomaly and as he'd been thinking of his collaboration following the conference, the guilt projected itself into the minds of the others."

• Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to rewatch the episode. There was no Changeling sent from the Dominion. It was Odo's own conscience reflected as Thrax.
    It has been a little while since I saw the episode but at the end Bashir explains it (paraphrased slightly)...
    "Odo (at this point "solid") still had some ChangelingMorphicProtein that had interacted with the anomaly and as he'd been thinking of his collaboration following the conference, the guilt projected itself into the minds of the others."

Can you rewatch the episode again, starting at noon Thursday while my shuttles are going out? :)
  • Options
    Torres looks a bit cartoony.....still looks good though
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5th Degra just came from my fishing for more 1701 Pulaski, I now realize, aside from going for Rank 1500, which is unlikely this week, I really dont have anything to reliably strive for... I get to save my chrons.

Expect me in the Faction portion though
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Don’t suppose there’s a chance of adding the changeling trait back to the event?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I wonder why Torres does not have Jury Rigger trait. 5/7 current Torres have Jury Rigger. Only Klingon Torres who is just warlike and Liason Torres who is a diplomat do not. Seems like Delta Flyer Torres should have Jury Rigger. She is an engineer. Hopefully DB will add the trait.

@Shan Can we get an answer on this? I apologize if it's already been addressed and I missed it, but I assume that Delta Flyer Torres having the Jury Rigger trait would put her in the Spit and Bailing Wire collection and her presence in a collection may impact whether or not some players (myself included) try to get her in this event. Thank you.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why Torres does not have Jury Rigger trait. 5/7 current Torres have Jury Rigger. Only Klingon Torres who is just warlike and Liason Torres who is a diplomat do not. Seems like Delta Flyer Torres should have Jury Rigger. She is an engineer. Hopefully DB will add the trait.

The Delta Flyer is a piece of quality machinery. It requires no jury rigging.

Indeed, but Torres was Maquis and had to be a jury rigger. Frankly, all the best engineers are jury riggers. I want the creative, innovative engineers as leads and the by-the-book engineers as backup standard crew. Good engineers don't just know how it works, they know why it works and can improvise to keep it working.