Home The Bridge

Your Honors, PLEASE!

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
Of all the Voyage exclusives, Colonel Worf has been my must-get, owing to him being from The Undiscovered Country, my favorite Trek movie (and one of my favorite movies, period). I've gotten as far as "Champion of the People, Part 2" a few times, but never had Part 3 drop. Wednesday, I sent out a Voyage, expecting it to be another routine 8 hours out and then recalled since it wouldn't quite make it to 10. And here is where our story begins.

Dilemma 1 "Off the Books, Part 1"
I allowed the trader to board, because I was indifferent.

Dilemma 2 "Champion of the People, Part 1"
Well, of course I revealed their leader's true identity! But I didn't give it any thought to this leading to anything.

Dilemma 3 "Champion of the People, Part 2"
Okay, now this is serious. I've got a solid 8:00+ crew, and 7 Voyage Revival Tokens set aside for this very occasion. Better believe I gave that Ventaxian a chance to flee! Now all of a sudden, this Voyage just got real. My primary and secondary skills are both 10k+, but it's not as strong an overall group as I'd like. Still, I should make it most of the way between dilemmas, and I've got those 7 tokens, after all.

Dilemma 4 "The Greater Need"
Ugh. This is as far as I go all on my own. From here on out, I'mma need to revive this Voyage to keep going. But, I can do that up to seven times, so let's keep going. Speaking of going, let the scavenger take what she can.

VOYAGE CRASH | REVIVAL TOKEN 1

Dilemma 5 "By Our Own Hands"
Disappointing, but I'm thinking maybe if I show some goodwill, the universe will reward me. I repay the outpost people for the things that other Sulan took. Probably easier to cut a check than reassure them ours doesn't mean any harm.

VOYAGE CRASH | REVIVAL TOKEN 2

Dilemma 6 "Next Stop, Absolution"
-_- Two tokens down, and I have this Maquis sob story instead of my Colonel Worf. Leaving him at the nearest outpost and someone else can figure it out.

VOYAGE CRASH | REVIVAL TOKEN 3

Dilemma 7 "A Life Alone, Part 1"
Okay, look, I already have an immortalized Jannar. That's not who I'm after, Voyage. Get it together. And tell that Trill to look for purpose elsewhere.

VOYAGE CRASH | REVIVAL TOKEN 4

Dilemma 8 "Class Act"
Starting to get a bit anxious, 'cause now I'm down to three revival tokens. I'm sensitive to power dynamics, so I defend that frightened servant.

VOYAGE CRASH | REVIVAL TOKEN 5

Dilemma 9 "Retrofit"
Not care about torpoedos or auxilliary whatevers! Want Worf! In the spirit of his grandson, I went with the torpedoes.

VOYAGE CRASH | REVIVAL TOKEN 6

Dilemma 10 "The Beginning of the End of the World"
Very funny way of teasing me that I'm down to just one more revival. Not funny, Voyage. Allow that vedek to share his beliefs. It's a free planet. But seriously, I need that Part 3.

VOYAGE CRASH | REVIVAL TOKEN 7

Dilemma 11 "When Earth Meets Sky"
Dammit. Ordinarily, I'm happy to decide whether to deliberately kill people or stand by and let others die with them, but now I'm out of tokens. I do, however, have 1478 dilithium. The Wiki chart shows I should have to pay around 264 dilithium for an extension. But wait; I've never paid dilithium after burning through tokens. Is that all I'll have to pay, or will I get hit with the full 1584, which I can't cover? I destroy that orbital facility. In case I can't afford to keep going after using up 7 tokens, at least I'll have spared the people on it the fall, and the people below them. And to add insult to injury, I don't even get a 4* crew member. Instead, I get 600 schematics for the D'Kora Krayton, which I completed ages ago.

VOYAGE CRASH | 295 DILITHIUM
Just the incremental fee, as it happens. Whew!

Dilemma 12 "Sticks and Stones"
I does me some math and project that I can cover another extension. That will still leave me enough dilithium for a pack next Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on which interests me. And I'll have had enough time to replenish for a second pack by Friday. But that Klingon caught me on the wrong day, so you're damn right I took out my frustrations and insulted him right back.

VOYAGE CRASH | 321 DILITHIUM
Alright, it's not funny anymore. Drop "Champion... 3" already. Lucky #13, right?

Dilemma 13 "The Burden of Proof"
Now I've got a problem. There's no way I reach the next Dilemma without extending it, which means sacrificing a Tuesday pack. What if it's a rare case where I can use a star on all three of the 4*'s and it has someone I really want, like Chancellor Azetbur or Niners Ezri Dax? Colonel Worf already exists, and I'm 2/3 to getting him after all this time. And since, as I understand it, Dilemmas do not repeat, it's not a Gambler's Fallacy to think each of these last ten Dilemmas that weren't Part 3 have at the very least gotten me closer to that Part 3. Plus, I can still afford one pack next week and will have time to replenish enough for a second if I want it by Friday.

Oh, and about that little scandal? That dismissed servant has some emails to show you and I'd like you to take a look at them.

VOYAGE CRASH | 346 DILITHIUM

Dilemma 14 "Interference, Part 1"
Mothersmurfer! I've already immortalized Thot Gor. I could just leave the substance where it was found, but I'm angry so I destroy it altogether. If it was a living creature, at least I've spared it from the frustrations of living in this frustrating universe. YOU'RE WELCOME. Oh, sweet! I actually make it to the next Dilemma without having to extend!

Dilemma 15 "The Buried Years"
UGH and double UGH. At least I didn't have to pay for this one, but still. It's ridiculous at this point. I still have 962 dilithium, though (862 left from where I started, plus 100 from the new day). I'm planning to buy the Campaign Premium Track in a couple weeks when I'm assured of completing it. That'll catch me up with dilithium, and net me five 10x pulls. Maybe someone I want who already exists will pop up in one of those. I'm willing to forego any packs next week. And at least the pool of Dilemmas that could be next has dwindled, right?

The Ylosians get a habitable surface; I get Vulcan Wedding T'Pol, who was my 224th immortal.

VOYAGE CRASH | 372 DILITHIUM

Dilemma 16 "Blood-Red Tide"
I'll show you a blood-red tide! taHjaj Daw'! And what do I get for helping the rebellion? 600 schematics for the Prakesh that I don't need.

VOYAGE CRASH | 398 DILITHIUM
Last round-up time, 'cause I'm out of dilithium after this.

Dilemma 17 "The Tools at Hand"
Are. You. Kidding. I've gone through fourteen Dilemmas since getting Parts 1 & 2 back to back without Part 3 having the decency to appear. I'm out of resources to keep going. Although, there is another Voyage Revival Token waiting to be snagged from this week's thresholds... I could just leave my Voyage stranded until I get it...

Alas, no. I'm unlikely to hit it before Sunday, and I need the Accolades for my Campaign. I've got some wiggle room, but with my luck, leaving it that long would cause some kind of glitch and I'd be unable to retrieve that crew or send out another Voyage until June. I recall. We're not going to find Colonel Worf today, kids.

And DB has assigned two Voyage exclusive crew to this same Dilemma! Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

Comments

• Sorry Travis. Very rough voyage indeed!
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m so sorry, I’m still chasing him and McCoy as well. I’m happy to see you channel the frustration into a humor-filled post though. My last run went very similar to yours, and I quit it out around Hour 34 after pulling 1 and 2 in the first 8. I feel your pain. Diminishing odds would be nice on some of the steep RNG elements to the game, like Part 3’s and Gauntlet exclusives.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I've gotten the first two of a three part path early on and I've extended the voyage I've regretted it.
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    You have a campaign to worry about from your tale. You might want to check that tier 100 reward. I think I have an idea how you could use it.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    You have a campaign to worry about from your tale. You might want to check that tier 100 reward. I think I have an idea how you could use it.

I can't use a Citation on someone I don't have, though.
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Your narrations are how I think of it in my head as I'm getting the dilemmas I don't want. I'm still working on Picard, McCoy, and Guinan (have 1 from achievements, but non from voyages), and three more stars for my 1/4 Worf as well. Those three parters are pain in the rear to get part 3 one time much less four.

I also have all the 2 parter crew FF now and have started on second Clowns and Thot Gors, even when I answered in a way that I thought I wouldn't get them. so frustrating.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    As frustrating as it was to have the tension built up as I read through your story, only to end in sadness, I can only imagine how much of a bummer it was for you. You have my condolences for all the dilithium sacrificed in your quest...
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, this is how I felt when the Lightning won 62 games then got swept.

Your mental blurbs got more and more fantastic as you went along and it’s exactly how I would have felt.

My highlights were Mothersmurfer, “I’ll show you a blood red tide” and the bits about the schematics. I hate those things.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    This is exactly why I do not try for voyage exclusive toons. All I am going to do is freeze them anyways. McCoy eludes me, and it just is what it is...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I faced a similar issue when I tried to go for one of these part 3's. Unless my math is wrong, if you have the first two parts before 8 hrs you still only have a 33% chance of getting the part 3 if you extend to 20 hrs. There are just so many other dilemmas that can pop up.
    Let’s fly!
    Hehe, well said Banjo.
    Let’s fly!
  • I love your humor. You invested way more than I would have but, you also inspired me to save up my tokens and try for a 40hr voyage. Maybe I'll finish The Clown, Guinan, or find Worf who I too seek.
  • I did enjoy your adventurous tale. Excellent way of telling a story. Some intrigue mixed with sarcasm, humor, humanity and will of purpose. Maybe you could right the voyage storylines. Big bummer ending.
    Both colonel worf and ensign picard are on my most wanted but will never get list. Unless released out of the voyage only “penalty box”. I have gotten prt 1 at 2 hr dilemma and prt 2 at 4hr dilemma and get hopeful for another 6 hrs/3 dilemmas reaching 10 hr voyage but do not extend bcuz of so many others with similar stories. I think that with the exception of 1/10,000 (or some ridiculous %) of voyages the part 3 popping in the same voyages is un-attainable.
    I have been running voyages pretty much 24/7 since it was introduced and got the 3prt higher duty 1 time for 1 copy of fierce guinan.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Well-told, @Travis S McClain , and I am well-and-truly forewarned re: chasing Part III’s.

I think you and @Kaitee could together write an excellent storyline for an entire Mega-Event, if DB is willing to let players contribute in such a manner to the game that we all play.
    🖖🏻

EDIT: By the way, the title thread is perfect.
    :: insert Q’s gavel emojicon ::
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Of course once you get one of these people then you have another problem, how to get them immortalized. Where do you get the other three copies? You could try to get them in voyages but it could take years. I guess if I ever get one I will lvl them up with campaign super rare citations over three months.
    Let’s fly!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well-told, @Travis S McClain , and I am well-and-truly forewarned re: chasing Part III’s.

I think you and @Kaitee could together write an excellent storyline for an entire Mega-Event, if DB is willing to let players contribute in such a manner to the game that we all play.
    🖖🏻

Is this an opportune moment for me to mention that I did self-publish a novel and that it can be purchased online? O:) I'd gladly take DB's money. I'd gladly split it with @Kaitee, too. Half of something is still more than all of nothing, plus I think it'd be a lark. I'd love to write for Worf. Michael Dorn's comedic timing is brilliant, and it'd be fun to write that character for his voice. He won't perform it, but if players would hear his lines in his voice in their heads, that'd be sufficient.
    EDIT: By the way, the title thread is perfect.
    :: insert Q’s gavel emojicon ::

I dunno if it was clear since you brought Q into it, but "Your honors, PLEASE!" is a line of Colonel Worf's during the trial of Captain Kirk and Doctor McCoy. It's a desperate outburst made as General Chang mercilessly and sharply builds his case against our heroes. So it really ought to be :: insert Klingon arbiter's gavel emojicon ::.
    Of course once you get one of these people then you have another problem, how to get them immortalized. Where do you get the other three copies? You could try to get them in voyages but it could take years. I guess if I ever get one I will lvl them up with campaign super rare citations over three months.

Oh, if I ever get Colonel Worf, he's getting citations. I committed to that back when he and Fierce Guinan were introduced as the first Voyage exclusives. That they've lifted the restriction of one drop per player hasn't changed my mind. My recent experience has only reinforced that I don't have the wherewithal to go through this process a minimum of four more times!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Just hit the 6 hour dilemma on my current voyage...

7t3i8zfrc6r2.png

...uh oh....
    8 hour dilemma. Going to try once more at 10 hours.

fmywkqcnkjyq.png
    ByloBand wrote: »

fmywkqcnkjyq.png

That is a good one, a guaranteed super rare.
    Let’s fly!
    ByloBand wrote: »

fmywkqcnkjyq.png

That is a good one, a guaranteed super rare.

oa1a97mbixoy.png
    edited May 2019
    10 hours.

u62m3i36pxdh.png

There you go @Travis S McClain , you have been partially avenged!
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I know this frustration all too well. A couple weeks back I had A Higher Duty 1 & 2 back-to-back, then A Life Alone 1 at the 6 hour dilemma. The eighth hour dilemma is Sticks and Stones, which is disappointing but I have 8 voyage revive tokens with which to play.

Despite the disappointing 8th hour dilemma, I'm optimistic. I need one last Jannar and would very much like a Fierce Guinan or McCoy from A Higher Duty 3 and figure the odds are good.

8 voyage revivals later I have neither Jannar nor Fierce Guinan or McCoy and basically got every other possible dilemma. Frustrated, I wasn't going to bother wasting dilithium at that point so I recalled it.
    OK, so I promise I'm not falling into the same trap, but I just crunch some numbers and if I let my voyage fail one more time I can get 2 dilemmas off of a single dilithium revival, so I'm doing that. Fear not @Travis S McClain , your possible avenging is still in progress!!
    One down, one to go.

r5v3r77khfsc.png
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I've had this happen a couple of times trying to get Ensign Picard (not as many dilemmas, but up to 20 hours). Once, I only got crew from dilemmas on a 14 hr voyage, no random drops (mostly green crew and hardly any extra honor, too). Just added insult to injury.
    Sorry @Travis S McClain , I was unable to avenge you, but I tried :)

4lbv45tvjad5.png
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread should be renamed “the thread of disappointment” :p

Out of voyages I have never had Worf, Picard, or McCoy pop up.
    I have the Thot and Jannar immortalized. Lucien is FF, Guinan is 2/4, and Clown I’ve only ever got one copy of so he’s 1/4.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.