Home The Bridge

Your Honors, PLEASE!

Comments

• Do not get sucked in to using those revival tokens until you have at least 32 of them - then you're guaranteed* those part three's. I chose Ensign Picard over Colonel Worf because I presume there will be Star Trek: Picard events coming soon. Saving up again for my run at Colonel Worf.

*Crash bug withstanding, but I think that's been sorted.

Uh... I've been assured my 28 would be sufficient. If need be, I should have enough dilithium to cover what the tokens don't. I may become highly unlikable if this goes sideways and hit my bucket list item of getting suspended from the forum.

Choosing Picard is even more sound if you think back to the recent leaks and what appeared to be an Ensign Picard/Nausicaan fuse card. However, I love Star Trek VI more, and Colonel Worf is my white whale.

For some reason, I hadn't realised this was an old thread - I had only read the first page and was responding to that. Good luck with your Voyage. ☺

It's an old thread, but I bumped it since I started this second go round, rather than start a new thread. Thanks for the well wishes!
  • Kaitee wrote: »
    I'd gladly take DB's money. I'd gladly split it with @Kaitee, too.

You can have the money, I'll do it for an everlasting Supply Kit and a signed agreement from DB not to change their minds once they realise my 'middle-aged evil dictator Mirror Kirk versus marine biologist Regina Barthalomew' faction event is just an episode of seaQuest DSV.

i remember that. Gotta go a little outside the box and add Ducky from NCIS as a undersea crime lord and the security guard from Into Darknesss by Khans torpedo's for Chief Ortiz.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Dilemma #17 "Profit in the Wind"
    Hmm. Capitalism v. colonialism. Guess I'll go with the colonists.

1500 | 2* Prisoner Michael Burnham (second copy)

Angel I Riker dropped between dilemmas. Yawn. Er, yay.

1d, 11h, 10m Mission Failure/Revival Token #12
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I'd gladly take DB's money. I'd gladly split it with @Kaitee, too.

You can have the money, I'll do it for an everlasting Supply Kit and a signed agreement from DB not to change their minds once they realise my 'middle-aged evil dictator Mirror Kirk versus marine biologist Regina Barthalomew' faction event is just an episode of seaQuest DSV.

i remember that. Gotta go a little outside the box and add Ducky from NCIS as a undersea crime lord and the security guard from Into Darknesss by Khans torpedo's for Chief Ortiz.

A little more obscure is when Max Scully was in a first-season episode of DS9, the one where Kai Opaka gets marooned on the planet where dead people get resurrected by nanotech. Most people know Jonathan Banks from the Breaking Bad universe, of course.

And speaking of would-be crime lords, a Hacker Tuvok would be a neat villain.
  • Dont stop believing

836nr50jr44u.jpg

Had the first two parts in the first six hours, part three at hour sixteen.

I heard Journey when I read those first three words...

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Fell behind on updates, but I'm down to ten dilemmas and two of them are the rest of "Champion of the People" and another is the last part of "A Higher Duty". I've got eleven revival tokens remaining. I've already all five dilemmas that drop regular 4* crew (i.e., not the Voyage exclusives) and eight others have dropped between dilemmas. Naturally, I can't use a single one of 'em, but statistically that's probably about right.

ETA
    I didn't realize I was right on top of the 24th dilemma when I typed this. It ended up being "By Our Own Hands", which only did me any good in that it narrowed the pool of what I need to nine remaining dilemmas.
  • 25th dilemma was... "True to the Mothersmurfing Uniform". UGH. I now have eight remaining dilemmas and need three of them. Though I still need "Champion of the People, Part 2" before "Part 3" can even turn up, so I effectively need two of the next seven. To get Worf, I need one of the next seven followed by one of the remaining six, but since I also still need "A Higher Duty, Part 3", I need one of the next seven followed by two of the remaining six.

I think. I stopped being good at math in fourth grade when I was transferred to a new school and the faculty unanimously hated having the kids from my neighborhood dumped on them and froze us out of things as much as they could. I digress.

Anyway, I have ten tokens remaining and enough AM at present that I should get close to the 2d, 3h mark before my next crash.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It's a good think you waited until you had plenty of revival tokens. I hope you get Champion of the People 2 soon.
    Farewell 🖖
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this Travis, you've inspired me to start saving up and add this to my in game "to do" list ...
  • Overnight, I ran out of AM four scant minutes before dilemma #28. *sigh* The good news is, I'm getting 138m per refresh, so this revival should get me two dilemmas. And I guess other "good" news is that I've now narrowed the pool to needing two of the remaining five dilemmas.

Worth noting: Through 56 hours/28 dilemmas, I have only had one of the four Voyage exclusive paths turn up (The Clown, which is a 2 parter that is not a Part 1/Part 2). I don't need Jannar, so if/when I get "A Life Alone, Part 1", I'm going to choose the option that closes that path, but if I was going after him, too, I'd still have six dilemmas to go instead of five and I'd need four of those six.

That's wild.
  • It's a good think you waited until you had plenty of revival tokens. I hope you get Champion of the People 2 soon.

After my failure in May that started this thread, I committed to earning the revival token from every event. I even played through all the Galaxy thresholds to get them! I was grateful for that recent outage that prompted DB to send us all a compensatory revival token. Seems like there was another of those sometime in the last several months for one reason or another. Whatever it was, I was grateful for that, too.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ma3rms02dcur.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    ma3rms02dcur.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks! The data:

I made it to 9h, 45m before my first crash. I used 21 of my 28 revival tokens to get to Dilemma #29 with 281 AM remaining. That was with the full 2950 AM per refill, which seemed to get me 138m each.
  • Congratulations on your success. :)

Time to get saving again so you can pick up Ensign Picard next time around.
  • Congratulations Travis 🎉
    Out of curiosity @Travis S McClain, how much dilithium would it have cost to recall it instantly?
    20 4* crew...very nice. Shame that only one is usable, though.
  • 20 4* crew...very nice. Shame that only one is usable, though.

He got Worf also, so at least 2 useable.

Nice job @Travis S McClain! I am jealous you could save all those tokens. I have never been able to save more than 3, and that's only because I had them in game e-mail.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • 20 4* crew...very nice. Shame that only one is usable, though.

He got Worf also, so at least 2 useable.

Nice job @Travis S McClain! I am jealous you could save all those tokens. I have never been able to save more than 3, and that's only because I had them in game e-mail.

I think @Dirk Gunderson meant I could only use one of the 20 who weren't the two Voyage exclusives. And I'm not gonna lie; that part did undermine some of my feeling of gratification.

My frustrations aside, I would highly encourage you to exercise greater restraint and stockpile more. The key for me has been recalling after a dilemma if I know I'm not going to reach the next. One in the hand is worth two in the bush.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Out of curiosity @Travis S McClain, how much dilithium would it have cost to recall it instantly?

685. I figured I'd been patient enough to stockpile 28 revival tokens, so I was patient enough to wait 28 hours for the return. I spent it instead on an event pack that got me the Priestess Siranna I needed to go with the three from the thresholds, and a Mirror Bashir from a Behold.

I feel like my patience has been rewarded all around here, though I also think it's absurd that getting Colonel Worf required the patience of 104 weeks. I like there being Voyage exclusives, but the distribution scheme really ought to be revamped.

Well it would have only taken you 25 tokens max if you needed that last dilemma. So it'll only take 25 weeks to save up again.

Incidentally, 2 1/4 exclusives means 6 citations to FF them. That's 6 months worth of campaigns. Luckily in those 6 months you can also earn 26 tokens.

So every 6 months you earn enough for one long voyage to get the exclusive crew and the citations to FF them.
    AviTrek wrote: »

685. I figured I'd been patient enough to stockpile 28 revival tokens, so I was patient enough to wait 28 hours for the return. I spent it instead on an event pack that got me the Priestess Siranna I needed to go with the three from the thresholds, and a Mirror Bashir from a Behold.

I feel like my patience has been rewarded all around here, though I also think it's absurd that getting Colonel Worf required the patience of 104 weeks. I like there being Voyage exclusives, but the distribution scheme really ought to be revamped.

Well it would have only taken you 25 tokens max if you needed that last dilemma. So it'll only take 25 weeks to save up again.

Incidentally, 2 1/4 exclusives means 6 citations to FF them. That's 6 months worth of campaigns. Luckily in those 6 months you can also earn 26 tokens.

So every 6 months you earn enough for one long voyage to get the exclusive crew and the citations to FF them.

Good call...too bad the voyage exclusives are relatively weak even for 4* crew. Now if they were exclusive 5* crew, that would change the equation pretty significantly (unless they were One Zero Zero One-level terrible stats-wise).
  • AviTrek wrote: »

As I look ahead to when I go back for Ensign Picard, I also have to consider the possibility of new exclusives. That could put up to five dilemmas back into play that I bypassed this time. And that's provided they use different choice combinations of the pathways currently used and don't add new ones. That would also compound the number of citations/Campaigns needed.

As an aside, I would welcome new ones added to the existing two-parters, but predicated on the condition that they be added using existing 2-part paths. Ideally, that would be different two-part paths than "A Life Alone 1 & 2" and "The Beginning of the End of the World"/"The Voice of the Prophets". There are four such paths presently in the pool:

"Blow by Blow"/"Friends in Need"
    "Class Act"/"Burden of Proof"
    "Cracks in the Wall"/"First Author"
    "Retrofit"/"The Tools at Hand"

This would circulate more exclusives via dilemmas that can't be avoided, so it wouldn't add to the dilemma pool. It would not force us to replay the same paths to get different crew, as we presently have to do with "A Higher Duty" and "Champion of the People". I think this would make Voyages more rewarding and more appealing overall.
  • Congrats, also thanks for sharing. I always wondered what it would take to run through all the dilemmas. I am not near ready to go, but will continue to save voyage revivals!!!
  • Congrats, also thanks for sharing. I always wondered what it would take to run through all the dilemmas. I am not near ready to go, but will continue to save voyage revivals!!!

Good luck!

Thank you for sharing that recall number, that is IMO an extremely reasonable cost. (BTW, I had a really awesome reply to this typed out like two days ago that has been eaten by a combination of me getting super-busy with a parenting situation and then restarting my computer).

For the longest time I was an "earn it and burn it" type with my revival tokens, in part because I was extending voyages to get additional resources to get stronger and in part because I would get careless and forget to recall :p

But I've set myself a mini-goal to save up for a massive voyage like you did, so it was really fascinating to see your reports after every dilemma. In the past I've sent out about 10 dilithium-fueled voyages that went over 20 hours just to do it, so having ventured out before I think when I get around to my own revival tokenpalooza I'm going to send it out before a non-faction event, and script out my responses to all the dilemmas ahead of time to try and get to Worf and McCoy as efficiently as possible (normally I do what you did and try for copies of Janar, the Clown, etc for the Honor but in this case I'll eliminate as many part 2s and 3s as I can).

When this event is over I'll be up to 13 tokens, which eclipses my previous high water mark by 11!

It was a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of your journey :)
  • ByloBand wrote: »

Thank you for sharing that recall number, that is IMO an extremely reasonable cost. (BTW, I had a really awesome reply to this typed out like two days ago that has been eaten by a combination of me getting super-busy with a parenting situation and then restarting my computer).

For the longest time I was an "earn it and burn it" type with my revival tokens, in part because I was extending voyages to get additional resources to get stronger and in part because I would get careless and forget to recall :p

If a Voyage crashed, I just forfeit and start another. My philosophy was whatever loot was there was not as important to me as Colonel Worf. That meant recalling after a dilemma when I knew I couldn't reach the next. There were times when I got to 8h and had gotten the first two parts of "Champion of the People". Yeah, it could have been the 10h dilemma, but it could also be the 33rd. Not worth postponing my big push by another week.
    But I've set myself a mini-goal to save up for a massive voyage like you did, so it was really fascinating to see your reports after every dilemma. In the past I've sent out about 10 dilithium-fueled voyages that went over 20 hours just to do it, so having ventured out before I think when I get around to my own revival tokenpalooza I'm going to send it out before a non-faction event, and script out my responses to all the dilemmas ahead of time to try and get to Worf and McCoy as efficiently as possible (normally I do what you did and try for copies of Janar, the Clown, etc for the Honor but in this case I'll eliminate as many part 2s and 3s as I can).

When this event is over I'll be up to 13 tokens, which eclipses my previous high water mark by 11!

It was a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of your journey :)

Here's what I recommend about accommodating events:
    • Skirmishes are ideal because you can use someone on a Voyage and in the event simultaneously.
    • Galaxy Events are second best because you ultimately only really need a few specific crew members. Your Voyage shouldn't be too hampered by whoever you don't include, and your event shouldn't be too hampered by whoever you've sent.
    • Faction Events are the hardest, because they depend on the depth of your bonus crew pool and the breakdown of the shuttle slots. However, your bonus crew may be strong enough to free up some of the critical Voyage crew. A lot of strong Voyage crew have lousy bases, so that helps, too.

It took 1d, 4h for my ship to return, so account for that lengthy return time if you know you'll want someone on the Voyage for the event.

Lastly, take advantage of a weekend where the event isn't all that interesting for you. Just remember to commit to it long enough to get that revival token threshold!
    It took 1d, 4h for my ship to return, so account for that lengthy return time if you know you'll want someone on the Voyage for the event.

Lastly, take advantage of a weekend where the event isn't all that interesting for you. Just remember to commit to it long enough to get that revival token threshold!

When I do my LONG voyage, it is getting recalled instantly :p