Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Dirty Rotten Holograms - 05/16

Comments

• Ah, that's good to know, cheers for the tip!
  • where are the holograms :S too bad its not shuttles with all the bonus crew lol
  • Do they ever post the skills on the same day the announcement is made?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Do they ever post the skills on the same day the announcement is made?

No, the skills usually get posted later. New Kira will probably get posted this weekend, then the other crew will get posted right before packs go live.
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The info for Kira is in the Starfleet Communications section with info for this event. DB always gives out the info for the ranked reward legendary on Wednesday with the info for the event.
    Decoy Kira (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 05/16.
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 544 (62-160), DIP 1273 (192-381), SEC 1006 (93-235)
    Traits: Bajoran, Costumed, Romantic, Crafty
    Unfused stats

Decoy Kira
    FE 1/5 level 100 CMD 319 (62-160), DIP 883 (192-381), SEC 558 (93-235)
    Let’s fly!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    On one hand, I really want another Garak.

On the other hand, almost everyone does, and I should probably be content getting the final two stars for Mudd.

(But I'm still going to shoot for Garak.)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasedoki wrote: »

On the other hand, almost everyone does, and I should probably be content getting the final two stars for Mudd.

Go for it. Just keep saving chrons from voyages and elsewhere. Then use supply kits. Good luck.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish you well.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

If your Mudd already has 2 stars, you'll just need to finish high enough to earn 1 copy as you'll get a copy from the community rewards.
  • Hasedoki wrote: »

I'll be spending most of next weekend on airplanes and far from my data plan... No chance of ranked rewards. But it's Garak, so yeah, I WILL be buying those packs (and crossing my fingers for all I'm worth).
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh I'm so disappointed in Game of Thrones.

Also, um, insert random relevant comment about this week's event.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a tie-in to the remake with a Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Oooh, I bet @Yateball will be excited to revisit this episode!

I am to a certain extent... it being a Galaxy means I won't compete though, I just cannot slog through galaxy events anymore. I'll play enough to get Tolar and then bow out
  • Meh.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

If your Mudd already has 2 stars, you'll just need to finish high enough to earn 1 copy as you'll get a copy from the community rewards.

Unless the new Crew is the Threshold......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

I am to a certain extent... it being a Galaxy means I won't compete though, I just cannot slog through galaxy events anymore. I'll play enough to get Tolar and then bow out

I don't understand that... galaxy takes less than half the time of skirmish to rank (though not as beneficial of course), and you can pick anytime during the weekend to do it that works for you day or night.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand that... galaxy takes less than half the time of skirmish to rank (though not as beneficial of course), and you can pick anytime during the weekend to do it that works for you day or night.

I do actually : Faction event does not eat up your time - after initial quick start you can just login every 3 hours, sent new shuttles and log out.
    Galaxy and Skirmish allow you to play them whenever you can but grinding still takes considerable amount of time (mostly due to animations) to rank well and some people cannot afford to give such amount of time to a game.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    Actually faction events are more demanding IMHO, because of time bosts and all. Sleep is actually required.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMDG wrote: »
    Actually faction events are more demanding IMHO, because of time bosts and all. Sleep is actually required.

There's overnight boosts and rental shuttles for those who place more value on sleep than I do. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMDG wrote: »

There's overnight boosts and rental shuttles for those who place more value on sleep than I do. :D

Yup! I definitely went through a phase where I used alarms to send my shuttles every three hours throughout the night, but eventually I decided my sanity wasn't worth that anymore. I still manage to rank just fine AND sleep through the night. The introduction of shuttle rentals made it even easier. This weekend, I placed about 750 (despite starting the event 8 hours late because of a crazy day) - my peak would usually have me around 500.
    HaBlack wrote: »

I do actually : Faction event does not eat up your time - after initial quick start you can just login every 3 hours, sent new shuttles and log out.
    Galaxy and Skirmish allow you to play them whenever you can but grinding still takes considerable amount of time (mostly due to animations) to rank well and some people cannot afford to give such amount of time to a game.

Of course it always depends on our individual life circumstances. I hate having to keep setting alarms all day and check my phone religiously when I am spending time with family, or getting distracted from my kids, etc. I'd rather apply myself to STT for just a few hours at a time I designate and the rest of the weekend I don't have to be seen manipulating my phone every 1.5-3 hours like an addict. :wink:

That being said, if galaxy's event structure is more inconvenient for you, then skirmish would be even worse so you'd have only one event type to play.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

Of course it always depends on our individual life circumstances. I hate having to keep setting alarms all day and check my phone religiously when I am spending time with family, or getting distracted from my kids, etc. I'd rather apply myself to STT for just a few hours at a time I designate and the rest of the weekend I don't have to be seen manipulating my phone every 1.5-3 hours like an addict. :wink:

That being said, if galaxy's event structure is more inconvenient for you, then skirmish would be even worse so you'd have only one event type to play.

I feel like even though Galaxy and Skirmish events have the same amount of tapping, Galaxy-style tapping is much more monotonous and unpleasant than Skirmish tapping. Maybe it’s just the knowledge that every tap in a Galaxy event consumes resources while every tap in a Skirmish event brings in more resources, or maybe it’s because there is a fun element of strategy when it comes to building a Skirmish ship/crew combination for reducing battle times.

I’ve reached the point where I could be competitive at rank 1500 or even higher in any Galaxy or Skirmish event I choose, I have just under 40,000 chrons in the bank and still have a healthy supply of items from my days of constant pre-farming. Even so, I internally groan when I see a Galaxy event where there is a 5* crew I want (like Saboteur Garak) instead of being able to end my weekend early around the 160,000 VP threshold, while I will burn hard in any Skirmish just for the holoemitters, honor, and whatever 3*/4* items I end up farming...a desirable 5* crew is a cherry on top of my weekend.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy Event: n.
    A big hole in the game you throw Chronitons into.

My issue of Galaxy events is not the fact its a Chron-sink, but rather, its the only event type which discourages the player from building crew during the event. Because the player will want to put all available chrons into Victory Point generation.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Flemming wrote: »
    Galaxy Event: n.
    A big hole in the game you throw Chronitons into.

My issue of Galaxy events is not the fact its a Chron-sink, but rather, its the only event type which discourages the player from building crew during the event. Because the player will want to put all available chrons into Victory Point generation.

It depends on how high you're shooting in the ranks and what your alternative bonus crew are.

How high you're shooting in the ranks: Over time, the extra chance for the super rare reward will pay off more than the chronitons/supplies you lose leveling up the crew.

What your alternative bonus crew are: If the new crew has as strong science primary skill, he will likely outscore even a fully fused Leonardo da Vinci and thus be worth levelling up. If his primary skill is engineering, anyone who already has Mudd will have less incentive to do so.

Etc.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Skirmishes you only need to do 67 (that's 335 battles which I consider equivalent to "builds") rounds to hit 400K assuming you use event crew and epic level, and assuming you don't get trickle VP.

Whereas in Galaxy you need 370 something builds probably a bit more because you have to ramp up to 1k+ VP build turnins - assuming you don't turn in super rares early.

Option A also gives you stuff, and farm items at no extra cost.

Option B takes a heck of a lot stuff away, e.g. ever since I stopped farming science experiments from the mission 'not a drop to drink' (using cadet mission instead), I have actually run out of uhura's earpiece - i didn't even think that was possible considering the amount I accumulated pre-unlocking that cadet mission.

Option A is far better IMO.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I know Galaxy Events are flexible, but I find them the most demanding. They're like a relentless, four day game of Whack-A-Mole, trying to hit all the yellow craft buttons. You can only clear one of three at a time, and as soon as you do, a replacement is generated. The closest to a built-in stopping point is running out of yellow craft buttons to hit, which in turn means having to farm for more items. I can run those missions manually just to break up the tedium, but that's counter-intuitive to the objective of crafting as many things as possible in those four days. So instead, I just hit the warp button and never even leave the crafting menu.

Skirmishes, on the other hand, give me something to do other than stare at a single, static menu for four days. They're organized into tidy, five-battle rounds after which is a built-in stop.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

I know Galaxy Events are flexible, but I find them the most demanding. They're like a relentless, four day game of Whack-A-Mole, trying to hit all the yellow craft buttons. You can only clear one of three at a time, and as soon as you do, a replacement is generated. The closest to a built-in stopping point is running out of yellow craft buttons to hit, which in turn means having to farm for more items. I can run those missions manually just to break up the tedium, but that's counter-intuitive to the objective of crafting as many things as possible in those four days. So instead, I just hit the warp button and never even leave the crafting menu.

Skirmishes, on the other hand, give me something to do other than stare at a single, static menu for four days. They're organized into tidy, five-battle rounds after which is a built-in stop.

This exactly I suppose my original comment was misleading, galaxies aren't really the HARDEST to rank persay, I just refuse to tap tap tap while forfeiting a crap ton of resources rather than gaining them

This exactly I suppose my original comment was misleading, galaxies aren't really the HARDEST to rank persay, I just refuse to tap tap tap while forfeiting a crap ton of resources rather than gaining them

Fair enough, it's always a choice if you feel the investment of any applicable currency (chrons, shuttle boosts, time) is worth the reward event crew to play a given event. Chronitons are constantly fed to me, and after 1.5 years and migrating from none to medium-low spending, I no longer have crew slot issues and now started selectively levelling up second copies of crew.

Especially with every event now giving a voyage extension, there is a lot of opportunity for hoarding extra chrons the week before a galaxy event.

Monotony I can understand, though I find that more frustrating with skirmish personally. Both because of the much longer length of time, and also because the steam interface works better for galaxy clicking than skirmish clicking. steam interface = watching tv/movies etc more comfortably for me with mindless clicking in exactly the same spots repeatedly.