Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Whole Truth (rerun) - 05/30

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: The Whole Truth (rerun)
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: Science Officer Spock 5* (New), Grand Nagus Rom 5* (Existing), Ba'ku Worf 4* (Existing), and Combat Medic Paris 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 05/30 until Monday 06/03 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Resilient Tuvok (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 06/06.

Event Factions: Klingon Empire, Ferengi Alliance, Hirogen

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Spock, Rom, Worf and T. Paris.

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Tuvok definitely suggests that we'll be getting the Year of Hell Mega the following week.

Seems like an odd naming choice for his role in that arc though, so I do wonder which episode he'll be from.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the one hand, I hate Galaxy Events and am still depleted after chasing Saboteur Garak last week. On the other hand, I have a 3/4 Ba'Ku Worf, 2/4 Combat Medic Paris, and 1/5 Grand Nagus Rom so I really ought to at least go through the thresholds. UGH.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Tuvok definitely suggests that we'll be getting the Year of Hell Mega the following week.

Seems like an odd naming choice for his role in that arc though, so I do wonder which episode he'll be from.

Looks like they are trying to avoid the issue they had with Tribunal Pike by not naming him based on his physical condition.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad I bailed on the last galaxy this skirmish I'm pre-farming what I can, a bit undecided if I'll push this galaxy event though - do I really want Rom I ask myself.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grand Nagus Rom was my first immortalized 5* card. He still gets some voyage run for me. I'm slightly amazed that I've now been around long enough that I'll have to make a decision about airlocking an event-earned legendary that I actually like/use.

(OK, yes, the decision's already made - 550 honor, coming my way.)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Grand Nagus Rom was my first immortalized 5* card. He still gets some voyage run for me. I'm slightly amazed that I've now been around long enough that I'll have to make a decision about airlocking an event-earned legendary that I actually like/use.

I have a few extra legendaries sitting at Level 1 that I haven't been able to bring myself to airlock yet. Two are mega recurrings (Ru'afo and Thrax) that I nabbed in the after-the-mega boxes; meanwhile the gauntlet has been very generous with me for Armus (got my second one sitting at 3/5). Armus especially will probably be worth keeping, but I suspect Thrax and Ru'afo will be worth some honor when space becomes an issue.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy, skirmish hybrid, and another galaxy? ugh...

However, I have Rom @ 1/5, my 2nd copy of Combat Paris @ 2/4 and my 2nd copy of Baku Worf @ 1/4, so I'll at least go for thresholds.

If the following event is a faction, skirmish, or faction/skirmish hybrid where I'll be buying event packs to finish the new 4* crew, then I'll probably wind up going for top-1500 too.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I am just glad I can skip a week of defrosting characters before the mega event as I have both 4* FF/FE on the active roster and I don't have Rom so I don't need to spend 400k Chronitons to get him. It will be a nice thresholds and out weekend after the skirmish. All hail the occasional rerun. 🤗
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay thanks for the info Shan!!! A rerun means i don't "lose" any slots, just have to make room to take Worf out of the freezer, while CM paris has been out ever since we got him :)

Thanks for rerunning this one in particular because those guys are still two of the best 4/4s and we have several younglings in our fleet who will really benefit from starring them up!

And perhaps the best thing about this - it's a terrific excuse to rewatch the RedLetterMedia review of Insurrection- language is VERY NSFW but also hilarious - "earth tones, people! browns and beige, browns and beige!" :D
  • Options
    Wonder if Paris or Worf will be threshold.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Very strange that this is the rerun they're going with, considering the past two or three reruns were after this. I figured they skipped over it.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very strange that this is the rerun they're going with, considering the past two or three reruns were after this. I figured they skipped over it.

Actually, it is just the next in line for Galaxy events ... they skipped over 2 Galaxy events (Endgame and Liberty for All 3) because of "issues" of there being multiple 5*s in the original run's rewards.

Personally ... I had it pegged for a Galaxy re-run ... but I was hoping they'd go with Ship of Memory ... it has a nice feel to it with regards to the story of the event and the background of Science Officer Spock, as told in Discovery. Ah well.

Ship of Memory will be rerun in 2 galaxy rerun events from now.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

I have a few extra legendaries sitting at Level 1 that I haven't been able to bring myself to airlock yet. Two are mega recurrings (Ru'afo and Thrax) that I nabbed in the after-the-mega boxes; meanwhile the gauntlet has been very generous with me for Armus (got my second one sitting at 3/5). Armus especially will probably be worth keeping, but I suspect Thrax and Ru'afo will be worth some honor when space becomes an issue.
    Ru'afo is crazy good. I would keep all copies of him regardless of how many I already had. Great Engineering and he has Eng-Com combo.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I wonder if Tuvok will have an arena ability that will boost ship accuracy. :D
  • Options
    Makes me wonder if they’re going to replay The Genesis Wave 2. It’s coming up. That one had two gold cards, Klingon Bride Jadzia and Chang.
  • Options
    Makes me wonder if they’re going to replay The Genesis Wave 2. It’s coming up. That one had two gold cards, Klingon Bride Jadzia and Chang.

I get the sense that they've abandoned threepeats, likely because the number of events to run a second time has grown so much. Other events ahead of "The Genesis Wave" that have had a second run already but have not had a third run:

"Blood and Circuses" (Mirror Kirk, Mirror Spock, Mirror Uhura)
    "A Brute Squad" (Frank Hollander, Claiborne Chekov, North Star Tucker)
    "Season of Love" (Kal-if-fee Kirk, Kal-if-fee Spock, Ambassador Troi)
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy because my Rom is 4/5. Hopefully at 5 stars he will see more use...that DIP/ENG is a rare combo, and he has some good triats for voyages.
  • Options
    Week off for me. I'm in no position to challenge for top 1.5k for a Tuvok, and have all but Spock FF/FE.

The 10x pull and honour will be gratefully received however.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've got a tonne of chrons and, as it turns out, not much inclination to drive myself mad doing infinite skirmishes tomorrow (like I was thinking, Science Spock looks fine, but I'm really content just having Beardy Spock) - any guesses as to what might be the recurring bonus trait for the mega event? Voyager crew? Or maybe Desperate? I'll be sitting out this weekend (already got both purples immortal) and I don't have any Tuvoks who need work either - of course I've got a giant heap of level ones to pick from, but I'd like to have some sense of purpose...
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    They missed a huge opportunity to give Tuvok a VISOR in those two episodes, since he was up for the role of Geordi as well.

Voyager has a lot of missed opportunities unfortunately

"Missed opportunities" might as well be Voyager's motto.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two stars for Worf to finish him off...one from thresholds and one from finishing top 5k should be doable. Already have Paris FF/FE.

I’m going into the skirmish this week a little light on chrons but I should be around 200k after the faction event so it shouldn’t take a ton of resources to get to 350k and skirmishes usually help my build my stockpile so we’ll see how it goes.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad I get another break like last week. Saved over 17K chrons for this week, so hopefully YOH Mega will start after and I will have resources and not be physically "tapped out". :smile:
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    So I've got a tonne of chrons and, as it turns out, not much inclination to drive myself mad doing infinite skirmishes tomorrow (like I was thinking, Science Spock looks fine, but I'm really content just having Beardy Spock) - any guesses as to what might be the recurring bonus trait for the mega event? Voyager crew? Or maybe Desperate? I'll be sitting out this weekend (already got both purples immortal) and I don't have any Tuvoks who need work either - of course I've got a giant heap of level ones to pick from, but I'd like to have some sense of purpose...

Originally, I suspected Survivalist, but neither of the two Voyager crew from that episode, Krenim Guest Paris and Temporal Prisoner Chakotay, have that trait. Which makese sense, since they weren't on the ship for all the brutality. I think we can assume neither will feature in the Mega as they're 5*'s. Their traits, which could get them into it:

Paris: Prisoner, Human, Resourceful, Federation, Starfleet, Diplomat, Pilot
    Chakotay: Human, Desperate, Marksman, Saboteur, Resourceful, Federation, Prisoner

So I guess Resourceful?